Lovers Quarrel

By independentship

*One shot(s) of MewGulf having lover quarrels. -Willl they be able to resolve each situation? -Who will apolo... More

Alpha Wife
Past Two
Scared of the Dark
The Light
Drunk In Love
Poor Thein
Ignoring My Boyfriend Prank
My Cold Husband
My Submissive Professor
My Submissive Professor- 2
Who are They?
Seducing my boyfriend (Gone Wrong)
Pregnancy Talks (mpreg)
My Cold Husband 2

Into the Grey Area: 3

517 26 0
By independentship

*Finale of "Scared of the Dark" & "The Light"

///
After the café meet up, Mew promised himself to get his life back together.

It first started with cleaning himself up, up until now he never realized how dirty he might have really been. His once silky kept hair now laid rough, dull and dirty under a beanie.

Stubbles on his face, and bits of acne that reminded him of his teenage years. Although he did occasionally cleaned his mouth- scratch that he needs a mouthwash factory to get him out of this phase.

After listing every physical flaws he had, he attempted to clean them away. Cleaning always meant new beginning.

First his physical appearance, then his house. He had to open curtains because after living in the dark for so long, no amount of room lights could give him the feeling of serenity. And plus, Gulf was always a natural daylight person.

And to be honest nature's light was like a relief pill.

He hired someone to clean his house, he would clean it but it's huge and he has other things on his mind.

///
For the first time in over 2 years Mew had finally went to see their shared family. Although he and Gulf ended on bad terms, their families were still close.

Not as close as before because they were both worried for their boys and assumed something big must have occurred between their sons so they put a bit of distance between them and disregarded the topic of Mew and Gulf altogether.

Mew knows how much his family care for the Kanawuts so its' going to be his job to bring them closer again.

He invited the Kanawuts over to his parents place. He never expected his family to be so excited to see him but they were. They voiced their concerns about how he lost so much weight, and that he shouldn't have just ghosted everyone like that.

He could tell that they were walking on eggshells about the whole Gulf situation so he thought he should be the first person to bring it up.

"Mae," He referred to both his and Gulf's mother, "Gulf and I broke up. Well he left me and it was all my fault. I didn't treat him right and I felt like a shit son so I ran away from you guys, I'm sorry."

He didn't want to tell them of the cheating because he knows that Gulf wouldn't want to taint his image. Gulf knows how much Mae Kanawut is fond of Mew, so he's going to keep this one to himself unless Gulf himself decides to share it.

"But Mae, he said he forgives me. I saw him the other day. He looks so different now. His hair has grown longer, he lost weight but still looks healthy in my eyes. His face is still as bright as its always been, and the atmosphere around him is just as warm as his smile. We talked for a while and he said he forgives me. He asked me to fix myself and to try to get better be we meet again.

I was such a mess after he left, despite me being in the wrong it made me realize that I was the one whom needed him more. It's crazy I know, I somehow became the victim in all of this but I've never been happier that we met again."

///
After 2 years of not seeing each other Mew decided to spend the 3 day weekend at his family's home. The Kanawuts' stayed over too and it was like a big family reunion, excluding Gulf.

Mew learned that Gulf spoke to his parents after the breakup and told them that they were no longer together. He never said why or anything else after that, so they knew not to push it further.

Gulf also traveled the first year they were apart and moved back a year ago because of homesickness. They have been within the same city for a while now, one not knowing and the other just attempting to put his past behind.

No matter how hard either tried, the universe worked harder.

///
It's been a little over 6 months since Mew has attempted to clean himself up and start anew. At first he cleaned up because Gulf had asked him too, but then he later began to do things that made him happier and become the better version of his old self.

He started working out again. Going on self care dates, and spending more time with their family.

He even worked up the courage to ask Gulf parents for Gulf's new number, he was surprised to know that it never changed. Unfortunately for him though he was blocked so that was the reason he could never reach it in the past, and even now.

His only form of hopes in meeting Gulf again is by the note gulf left that day he disappeared from the café. For them to meet again in exactly one year time. His calendar has always been set to remind him of that day.

He goes to the café regularly in hopes to maybe bump into gulf there; he also goes to the pharmacy incase Gulf goes there again.

Although he's a hundred percent sure Gulf won't go back on his promise, he misses the face of the other. He took seeing Gulf everyday for granted, until he was now begging, creeping and crawling everywhere within the city to even get a glimpse of him.

///
It neared the end of the 12th month. Seasons has changed but Mews' joy of seeing Gulf hasn't. He became brighter and smiled more often in these past months. And as the 1 year anniversary of when he last saw Gulf was coming up he was in high spirits.

His visits to the café became daily. He started cleaning and cooking often for when Gulf returns.

Wait- why did he never think of this. Gulf wouldn't just want to jump back into a relationship with someone who hurt him.

Even if he does go back, they can't pick up where they left off. They have to start a new. He's going to have to go through the whole courting process again. But he doesn't mind, if its Gulf he doesn't care how long the courting process will be.

///
As the 12 month hit, Mew once again began his hawk like staring at his calender. He decides to clear his schedule for the company and only do light work this month.

He got the company back from his parents 5 months into his cleansing.

Took more self care days just to look brighter for their meeting. He even built more muscles because he remembered how much Gulf loved his physique.

As the meeting day approached Mew got less sleep because the excitement for the next days was always so high.

Maybe if Gulf didn't come from ghost descent he might have gotten a glimpse of him this past year. But that guy is freakishly good at being hidden if he doesn't wanna be seen.

///
It was the day of the meetup and Mew had waited outside the café an hour before it opened.

He knows he's put too much hopes in this meetings and anything could happen. This can either end beneficial to both sides, or set as a final closure for Gulf.

There wasn't a set time on when they would meet but Mew would wait here all day and even come back the next day just to meet Gulf again.

The café opened at 11am and it was currently nearing 1pm when Mew heard a familiar voice behind him.

The beating of his heart increased and it felt as though it would pop out his chest at any moment. Turning, there he saw Gulf dressed in a light pink T-shirt and white pants. Even from a bit of distance you could tell he was wearing lip gloss because of the sparkles and enhancements of his already plump lips.

He stood and walked over to Gulf before the other took notice of him, before he took notice of his actions himself. He was brought back to reality as he felt a hand on his chest and fingers pressed against his lips stopping him from kissing Gulf.

This brought him back to reality as he now became aware of what he was about to do. His hands was wrapped around the others waist and they were so close to each other.

Mew doesn't know how in the world he got into this position but from Gulf's amused face he was guessing that he did this himself.

"Sorry. I don't know what happened." He apologized to the amused guy. Gulf looked down at the hand wrapped around his waist and that caused him to jerk back. "Sorry once again."

"It's fine. We're going to have to work on a new form of greeting for you, if that's how you greet everyone."

"N-no. It was a force of habit." He mumbled the last part as he realized what he was referring to.

"It's fine. Don't be so uptight. Let's sit down." They walked back to where Mew was waiting and he pulled out Gulf's chair.

"You don't have to."

"Sorry."

"It's okay." Their eye contact lasted a bit longer before Gulf cleared his throat to draw them back to the real world.

"So how are you? My parents have been blowing up my phone talking about you. Don't worry, it's all been good things."

"I'm fine, you?"

"I think I'm doing pretty well also. I can see that you're doing great as compared to the last time we met. But then again I wouldn't expect you to look the same one year later would I?" Gulf smiled as he leaned forward in his seat.

"No, of course not. I took your advice and took care of myself. Thank you for that."

"Hmm."

He felt awkward in his seat. He was so happy for this day to come and even just sitting ahead of Gulf was doing wonders to his heart and this feeling alone could last him a life time, but why was he so awkward just talking to Gulf.

They've had plenty of conversations in the past, but maybe because this Gulf is much more calmer than the old one. He seems content in where he is and he's living as though he has no troubles.

"Mew get out of your mind. Don't think too much today. Okay?" He looked at those eyes that once held so much love and respect for him but now it just-

Mew remember, get out of your mind.

"Sorry."

"You don't have to keep apologizing."

"O- Okay."

"Well to erase the awkwardness I just want to let you know that we should leave it all in the past, okay?" That got a nod from Mew. "That's good. How about I show you around later."

Gulf signaled for a barista to come to them, "This is Mark he's my best friend and he helps me take care of the café. Also Mark can you get two of our new samples?" Gulf was currently developing a new drink to put on the market, and he remembers that Mew has a sweet tooth, this way he can get actual feedback from someone into sweets.

///
After the drink taste test, Gulf and Mew took a walk around a nearby park. The atmosphere amongst them was chill and conversation was light.

They mostly talked about their families and reminisced about memories that didn't include anything from their romantic life. It felt as though Mew was going through his courting stage with Gulf all over again.

But this time around, the person head over heels was Mew with Gulf. From the looks of it Gulf no longer seems as open as he was, but he was giving Mew more than Mew had expected, so that was a start.

The day was coming to an end and Mew was working up the courage to ask Gulf to unblock him.

They sat beside each other on a small black iron park bench that was shaded by a large tree facing the opposite side of a playground.

Gulf stretched his legs as Mew sat there watching him do his weird little movements that were familiar in his sight whenever Gulf would get up from a long nap.

"Today was fun."

"Ya." He picked at his nails as Gulf settled back in his seat.

"I hope I didn't take up too much of your time. I've seen you on my social platforms lately and it talked about all your incoming projects."

So Gulf has been keeping tabs on him?

"Ya. Its been a while since I was out in the field so I'm trying to pick up where I left off. Speaking off. I asked for your new number from your parents but it's not going through on my phone."

"Ya. It's because I still have you blocked." Gulf answered unbothered.

"T- I mean can you unblock me then?"

"We'll see."

For the first time that day Mew genuinely smiled as this confirmes that Gulf will always be soft for him. The teasing reminded him of when they first started dating and he would tease Gulf like this.

"I guess we will."

The day ended on a light note for Mew. He felt so free, relaxed and emotionally happy for the first time in years.

Can this day get any better?

///
His day indeed did got better. Gulf asked to see him the next day, and it was filled with so much joy as they decided to see a comedy movie.

Over the course of a few weeks that turned to months they hung out and called each other regularly.

It felt like friends reminiscing their old days after being separated for so long; but in one's heart there flourished other types of feelings.

"Mew I'm going on a trip next week. Remember how I said I wanted to open a new branch of my cafe in another place, I plan on signing off a location I'm interested in."

"How long will you be gone?" Mew asked as he cleaned the ice cream that Gulf had dripping from his lips. They had become a lot closer and as comfortable as they used to be. Mew cleaning after Gulfs little messes as Gulf shares what's on his mind.

"Not that long. I'll probably be gone half a month."

"HALF A MONTH?"

"Calm down. Geez. It's just 2 weeks."

"You could have said that instead. Half a month sounds longer than 2 weeks! Dumbass."

"Did you just call me a dumbass?" Gulf scowled at Mew.

"You heard it the first time didn't you."

"Say it again and I'll cut your balls!"

Then how would you be happy when we get married, Mew smirked to himself. "Go ahead. I've never wanted kids anyway."

"The only way you would have ever had kids is by adoption. Nobody wants to marry you."

The atmosphere became a bit stiff as both realized what the conversation was leaning towards. "

"Um- then let me sleep over at your place because we won't see each other for long."

"Sure."

The atmosphere was still tense but they managed to get their words out.

///
2 weeks have already passed and Mew was laying in Gulfs room as he house sitted for the man currently out of town.

They were currently speaking on the phone as Mew rolled lazily in Gulfs beds whereas the other male was trying to maintain focus on the papers ahead of him.

"Mew why can't I just call you back. I'm busy over here."

"Then what will I do. Your house is so empty there's nothing to do here."

"You're the only one forcing yourself to be there. I literally told you there's no need to housesit."

Huffing as he rolled his eyes Mew finally agreed to let Gulf be free not before teasing him, "I'll just go through your things then. Hopefully you have something interesting hidden around here."

Gulf stiffled a smile before he nodded and waved at Mew who ended the call.

The next hours was spent looking through Gulfs room. He looked in and under every location that he thought had some hidden secrets but nothing significant was in sight.

He checked in the other bedroom just incase anything was there but same results. As he was about to exit he randomly noticed how spacious this bed was underneath it as compared to Gulfs bedroom. Poking his head lower with his flashlight on, he searched under the bed.

To his suprised it was filled with empty shoe boxes, but one box was bigger than the rest. It had wrapping paper above it, as though it was a present, Mew hurriedly moved them out the way only to come face to face with a shocking sight.

In this box was a neatly folded grey hoodie, as he unwrapped the hoddie the familiarity of the clothes caught him off guard. It's one of the couple's sweater him and Gulf customized years ago at the very beginning of their relationship. Alongside it was a replica of a cologne Gulf gifted him years ago, now half empty, and small greeting card that Mew recognized his hand writing from years ago. It read, "time is infinite, let our love exceed infinity. Signed your love, Mew."

Mew smiled as he looked at the neatly placed items Gulf still kept of him. Does that mean they still have a chance?

He's seen hints here and there but with how things ended last time he's unsure on whether to take charge or just let things flow in the way it should.

Putting the items back to where they belonged Mew left Gulfs apartment to return to his place.

///
When Gulf returned to his house he was suprised to see all the lights off and everything being empty. He thought Mew was still in the apartment, but he should have known. They hadn't spoken in nearly a week. The last conversation just being a simple good night texts and Mew not responding to his other messages and calls.

Exhausted and annoyed he left his lights off as he dropped to sit at the back of his door. He rushed all his work to try to return as soon as possible, but obviously that turned to shit because the guy he was running back to isn't even here.

It seems as though they are always meant to end up like this. Maybe Mew finally found somebody he likes when Gulf wasn't there to take up his whole time.

Picking himself up, he walked through his dark home and left his suitcase in the corner of his room before dropping down on his bed.

Within seconds he was knocked out, and didn't hear the person who suddenly entered his place.

The figure tripped on the shoes that were left out and quickly ran to Gulfs room in the dark. This caused many things to get knocked over and jolted the guy who had just closed his eyes to sleep.

"WHO'S THERE. I HAVE A KNIFE."

Gulf yelled from his room, "I didn't know you was a killer in training." The trespasser answered in an amused voice.

"Mew? What are you doing here?" Navigating their way through the dark, both men settled over to Gulfs light switch. As their hands touched and the lights flicked on they were caught in the moment before suddenly pulling away.

"What's wrong with you. Why are you sneaking in dark in my house. Are you trying to give me heart problems."

"Sorry. I forgot my phone at home so I came back to get it."

"Idot how can you come back to get your phone if you left it at your place."

"Supriseee! I live here now!"

"WHAT! Are you crazy? Who told you to do that?"

"I did."

"It's my house."

"Ours now."

"You can't just move in without my permission."

"With our relationship, it's expected."

"Relationship? What relationship?" Gulf stumbled over his words as he backed away from the now approaching Mew.

"Well what did you think this was?"

"What was?"

"Grey hoodie. Cologne. 'Let our love exceed infinity', does it ring a bell now?"

"YOU-!"

"I??" Mew smirked as he held Gulfs accusing finger over his beating heart.

"I believe this is way over due, don't you think? I've been struggling to confess but that was my last hint to understand that you still hold on to the hopes of us. And even though I hurt you in the past I've learned from my mistake. Although it was late, I have never been more sure and true to wanting to be with anyone other than you. Gulf let's date."

Gulf stood there stunned and before he could come to his sense Mew had pulled him by the waist and kissed his lips deeply.

The soft pair of lips and firm grip that were once so familar on his body now touched him after so long. Still stunned and mesmerized by Mews lips he continued kissing his ex-boyfriend until he was met with the reality of what he was doing.

It was a bit of a fight to get released but in the end Gulf released himself from Mew before giving him a harsh slap across the face.

A streak of tear slipped down his cheek as he realized what was going on. "You don't get to break my heart then pretend that we still have a chance Mew."

Tears settled in Mews eyes and a weight followed in his chest and throat, "Don't do this baby. I thought you said you forgive me. Please let's put it behind us. I know I was wrong and I've learned to be better. Please don't throw what we have away."

"You did that yourself Mew, A LONG TIME AGO. I loved you Mew. I loved us. I don't think I'm willing to go through that again. I don't think I could survive if you broke me again Mew." Staring intently in Mew's tear filled eyes he broke down and was caught by the other.

"I can't do it Mew. I won't do it."

"Don't say baby. Don't do it to me please. I swear I'll be better for you. We can try this again. I'll be better for you and have eyes only for you my love. Please give us another chance. I know for a fact that we are meant to be and even if we can just explore how far you'd like this to go, I will accept anything you give me. Please my love." Mew cried in Gulfs shoulder as he squeezed the other male closer to his body.

Gulf told himself he forgive Mew, so what was this? He knew to himself that he could never get over Mew no matter what. Mew was his first love and the attachment is so strong that everything this guy does has an affect on him.

He knows that no matter what his mind tells him, his heart is the only thing he will listen to. "Okay, but there's no guarantee this will end on a good note. Ease don't disappoint me Mew. I don't think I would survive!"

"Okay my love. Thank you my love. Thank you, thank you, thank you." Squeezing Gulf closer to himself he twirled the other male, who's sniffles slowly turn to amused giggles."

"Okay come on Mew. Put me down now."

"Yes my love. My heartbeat."

///
The end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 253 2
Hey guysssssss!! Chubby is back! With another oneshot! Hope you all will enjoy and kindly vote and comment naa!! Warning:- Mature contents ahead...
7.2K 373 4
Hey guysssssss!! Chubby is back! With another oneshot! Hope you all will enjoy and kindly vote and comment naa!! Warning:- Mature contents ahead...
7.7K 402 4
<< MewGulf Oneshot>> Mew and Gulf have been dating for a year now. Gulf is the owner of a globally known hotel and resort chain. Bubbly...
92.3K 2K 18
This is the compilation of MewGulf One Shots that I've written. I won't delete the others but I'll put them here as well. There will be a TharnType A...