My Darling Katherina

Von Sophie_BookQ

What if Amarantha was pregnant with Rhysand's daughter and he didn't know about it until years later? Will sh... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter Thirty- One

642 14 3
Von Sophie_BookQ

The city was what Katherina always imagined Spring would look like. Except a garden of flowers everywhere; trees of fruit and bushes of vegetables grew, water fountains of flowing crystal like the river she has just swam out of glowed.

The houses painted with bright red roofs. The village reminds her of Velaris but with more color, more everything. The sky, the air, the earth, the water, it all was just more.

Dawn was like the Night and Day as one.

Mixed and blended all together to get a perfect paint.

People looked as they passed by, in which she wouldn't blame them. What kind of trouble could a High Fae drenched in water, and Illyrian and twins of Day cause? They looked like a gang of chaos.

"Crazy Bastards more like," a shadow whispered to her. She scanned the crowd until she met him, already looking at her in a dark corner of an alleyway.

Finally making an appearance? It's been a while, she thought to him. A smirk on his lips as he kept a hold of her stare. "Miss me?"

Katherina smiled softly, It's been bright these few days without you.

His gazed sharpened, "Isn't that what you wanted, light. How you loved it so much more than I."

Katherina winced at that. She did say that. Well, more so thought it.

I didn't mean it.

"It doesn't matter."

Yes, it does.

"Katherina-"

I've lived it these past few days. It's wonderful I admit, but tell me something. How can you see the stars if it's always bright?

He was silent before Katherina felt the wind tuck her hair over her ear. The movement was unnoticed by her companions as smiled at her.

She smiled back. If you give me a day- one more night. The next day I'm free. I'm yours tomorrow.

The Darkness tilted his head at her, something in his posture made her unease, she had never seen that look on him before.

"Tomorrow then," he whispered. Melting back into the walls, going back to whatever world Gods go to.

Katherina's shoulders relaxed as they ventured deeper into the City, a mental note in the back of her mind that she should come up with some story for tomorrow. She walked beside Caldor, glancing at him as he took in the Court around them.

"You okay?"

He seemed startled for a moment before seeing that It was her, "I've never gone past the borders of the Night Court before."

She gave him a perplexed look. "No, that can't be right. My Father must have sent the armies out sometime. Wasn't there a battle years ago?"

"The War against Hybern. I was too young to participate, so my squad and I were spread around the Court; A last defense if everything went down."

"Heard it was the hot topic of the century," she said. "More than after the Queen's death."

Why did she say that?

The mood suddenly turned.

Caldor glanced at her. "I wouldn't know much about her, Just the same as all the others. How she was a High General of Hybern then suddenly turned against her King to give herself a crown. Taking all the Seven High Lords powers for over fifty years."

Don't ask anymore. Don't press.

Aren't you curious? The voice whispered to her. So long since its spoken, now it's here again.

"Maybe she had a reason."

Katherina could feel the voice smile.

"What?"

Shame filled her but Katherina couldn't help it. There was something, a voice, a feeling-

"I mean as though maybe she had a reason. To suddenly turn. No one was born evil. Every creature, every beast, every monster, every god- were made, transformed and turned into what they are. Maybe she was too." Katherina defended.

He turned fully to her now. His wings raised slightly, a confused and yet angry look on his face as he said, "She's a murder. Took down hundreds, if not thousands of people just for her own amusement. Abused and tortured the High Lords, stripped them of their powers, stole them from their families, their mates, their children- just so she stays in powers."

Katherina looked down, unable to meet his heated gaze. However, that didn't stop her from retaliating back.

"Why should she be the villain in this story?" she argued. "What if she was just heartbroken or angry and the only way of coping is doing what she did. I know it doesn't make it okay but the High Lords or anyone else is no saint either."

"Are you suggesting that her actions should be... excused? Just because she was hurting?

Katherina met his copper eyes, her own filled with anger. "I'm not suggesting anything. I'm simply stating that she wasn't the only one to do evil things."

Caldor gave her a look that let her continue.

"The High Lords-they have all committed crimes, sins. And yet they are still worshiped and loved by their court. How is it they are the only ones who can get away with that but the moment Anamartha does, suddenly she is the Villain." 

Thea and Hemera were up ahead from the, as they approached a cafe. The sweet smell of caramel and chocolate filled her, but it had a stinging sensation in her lungs. The calm atmosphere seemed tight when they sat down at a table just outside, a second floor view of the City.

What was supposed to be peaceful now... gone. 

"Wait here while you get the orders." Hemera said, a look at her before turning, taking her sister with her who only seemed confused.

They never told her what they wanted.

They sat silent as the people around chattered happily, not a worry or care in the world. Katherina realized that this was the first fight she had with Caldor. That made her stomach clench.

She liked what they had, a calmness, and understanding.

But what if...

"I'm sorry."

What?

Caldor didn't meet her eyes, which she was glad for. Unsure what expression she had as she faced him.

"I don't mean to go against you."

Everything in her staggered. She tried to open her mouth to speak but she couldn't find the words.

"I want to understand," he whispered, his wings falling as if she couldn't hold his own weight of his words. "Why are you so keen on defending her?"

He met her eyes then. A look of desperation on her truth as he waited. Should she? The advantages at times were that her Mother liked to keep herself hidden mostly. Except on the Mountain, only making an appearance every so rarely. Sending someone to do her dirty work.

Especially to people in the City of Dream. Velaris was protected and kept safe, so they never met or saw her with their own eyes. That was why they didn't recognize the obvious features expect those who lived in the Court of Nightmares.

Katherina wanted to trust him- she should trust him.

His look softened at her. But she couldn't look as she muttered, "She's my mother."

"She kept me hidden for eleven years, under the mountain. I was kept in a room under hers so I couldn't leave. Escaping was never a crossed thought." Katherina didn't know, not until she saw a crack, a glimpse of it, that she was in a cage until she opened the door.

His silence made her keep going. She spilled everything to him; the loneliness, the pain, the scars. The silence. How she ran, how she traveled. Ziv.

He knew it all now. Everything.

What an emotional day.

"So that's what you are," he whispered in awe after forty-six seconds of silence. And when she looked down, her skin glowed slightly, the setting sun making her look like a star. No one cared, no one paid attention and she felt hurt.

"Is that all you have to say?"

Seriously? Katherina had told him everything, all her secrets, her wounds, her past and that's what he says. She felt herself flinch as he scooted closer to her, a wing behind her; blocking everyone's view of her.

"I don't believe you understand me," he whispered in her ear. "I've always thought you were something different than what you let others think. You have this strength, devotion, and passion inside you. A power, a spark."

Katherina blinked but he continued. "You survived a world where even the strongest minds would fall into insanity. But you-," he laughed. "Gods you survived in it. You didn't let it control or shape you into some cold hearted person. You commanded the darkness that surrounds you, made allies with monsters."

His face was barely inches from her, his breath tickled her face. Her heart was beating crazy as they gazed into each other. She was vulnerable with him. He would be vulnerable with her.

"You're incredible." He kissed her forehead.

"You're beautiful." Her cheek.

His lips are so close, just there, just a breath away. "You're a survivor."

Katherina pressed herself into him, the feeling of his skin under her sending thrills to her, making her press closer as they intertwined and danced in their bliss. His hands in her hair, hers in his. Where one started, the other ended. No inbetween.

Caldor accepted her.

His tongue slipped past her lips, a battle of sweet passion for dominance she gave him.

He wanted her.

She arched her back more into him if it was possible, his wings completely round her. Invading her in every sense. Caldor intoxicating her.

Nothing else matters to her at that moment. How a sweet relief filled her with his love, his surrender to her as he lets her take the lead. Only until she herded whispers and silence of the once chatty cafe is when they broke apart.

Katherina gasped as she looked down at her hands, quickly pulling away from Caldor to see herself shine.

She didn't glow, she shined. She shimmered.

"You make the sun look like a candle." A male voice said as Hemera and Thea approached them

His familiar pale blonde hair, braided into a bun. His skin was much darker than she had remembered and yet paler compared to the Twins he stood by. His eyes were stone, the same look like the pale rocks just below a small stream.

"Did I miss something?" Sahar smirked at her.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.1K 37 16
˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆.   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .           The youngest Archeron daughter...
48.3K 1.3K 16
*******SPOILERS****** Takes place after ACOWAR The war with Hybern has ended and the world of Prythian has finally calmed and found peace. The Night...
31.1K 630 14
|| Highest ranking: #9 in protection ⚔️ #1 in A Court Of Thorns and Roses🌹 #7 in Sarah J Maas 🧝🏼‍♀️ || "What?" Rhys asked, frowning at Mor. She s...
73.3K 3K 96
She sent as much love as she dared, hoping he wouldn't feel it, praying he wouldn't link it to her. But just for that one second, she let herself lov...