Twilight Witch

Von JustAnotherCullen

Elizabeth Gray lost everything. First her parents and then her twin brother. She moved to Forks, Washington f... Mehr

Background
I. New Beginnings
II. "That Witch"
III. Romeo & Juliet?
V. Now I know what you are
VI. La Push
VII. The lion & the not so frail lamb
VIII. Intimidating
IX. Cullen Coven
X. Nightmare
XI. Attack
XII. They Want You
XIII. Something Normal
XIV. Wolves
XV. Shapeshifters
XVI. Always
XVII. Runes
XVIII. A reflection
XIX. Strega Scarlatta
XX. Hex
XXI. Safe & Sound
XXII. Unwanted Visitor
XXV. Exist to Fight

IV. Carver CafΓ©

4.8K 117 3
Von JustAnotherCullen

Elizabeth's eyes glowed like a child's as she stared out the car's window. The evergreen forest went on for miles. Although the clouds hovered above them leaving no daylight, the green was majestic and mesmerizing. She was used to the city parts of her new home. She couldn't believe what she was missing out on.

"Extraordinary isn't it?" Edward's voice spoke beside Elizabeth. They'd been driving for a bit just in peaceful silence as Elizabeth was deep in her own thoughts, while Edward desperately tried to read anything from her.

"I've never seen anything like it" She spoke softly leaning her arm against the window. Edward smiled to himself, it amused him to see her in awe at the sights he sees everyday.

"Is there anything in particular you'd like to see or do?" Edward glanced over at her as he spoke.

"Well , a lot of customers talk about La Push beach, oh and exploring these forests and hiking would be amazing," Elizabeth stopped speaking when she noticed her head had begun to hurt.

Edward became tense at the thought of her going near La Push. Near those shapeshifters. He shook those thoughts away, "Would I be able to interest in you in some food first?" He said in hopes to get La Push off her agenda.

Elizabeth realized she hadn't eaten at all today. Most likely the cause to her headache. "That sounds great, actually" she smiled.

~

They had ended up at The Caver Café. Elizabeth was just about finished with her meal as Edward insisted he already ate before hand. They spoke about small things, day to day life and such.

Edward rose from his seat to pay for her meal at the register. Elizabeth wasn't sure how to feel. She could tell he was very kind. She couldn't help but blush any time she'd meet his eyes, the way he spoke melted her. But she knew there was something else about him. Just the way he stares at her when he thinks she's not looking. Like he's trying to burn a hole through her head.

Elizabeth was pulled out of her thoughts by a buzzing in her pocket. She pulled out her phone to the caller ID of her boss. She mentally groaned, what could he possibly want now?

She quickly stood up and glanced to Edward motioning that she was taking her call outside. She didn't know if he saw her but she walked out anyway. She pressed the phone to her ear to reveal her boss being frustrated to a missing key to the back door.

Elizabeth sighed in frustration, she hung up as the situation was resolved. Elizabeth had paced back and fourth on her call and found herself near the side alley of the building. It was sunset now, if you could even see the sun, which caused the sky to be even darker already.

A child's laughter filled the air, Elizabeth's head snapped towards the direction of the noise. A little boy and girl about 7 years old or so, walked hand in hand along with their parents each holding their other free hand. The family was bundled with their coats walking out of the café beside them. The children's laughter filled the air once more as Elizabeth felt her heart stop.

"I'm going to get you for that Evan!" Elizabeth yelled to her twin brother as she chased him down the hallway. "But we're even now!" Evan shouted when he jumped over to the couch. "I don't care!" Elizabeth now tackled him causing them both to fall to the floor and she began tickling him endlessly. "Stop it! Stop it!" Evan pleaded in between laughs. Elizabeth giggled. "Evan! Elizabeth! Will you please come help set the table?" The young twins both stopped when their mother shouted. "Race you?" Evan spoke. Elizabeth said nothing and fled to the kitchen before her brother even stood up. She was then engulfed into a hug by her father. He gave her a warm smile. "How's my pumpkin?".....

Elizabeth stood with her fist held to her stomach. Her hands trembled as tears fell down her cheeks. She battled so hard in her mind to keep in control. She was failing miserably, she could feel the red energy in her hands taking over. But she still continued to fight it.

She was oblivious to a black fog that crept not too far behind her. The black fog crept slowly in the shadows of the alley almost leading up to her. Just as Elizabeth turned to see the mysterious fog behind her, a pair of cold arms wrapped around her. A gust of cold night wind blew through her hair, it felt as if she had flew in the blink of an eye.

She finally regained her sights to see she was beside a car. Edward's car. Cold arms were still wrapped around her, she turned to see a frightened Edward with a hard stare looking back where she had stood.

"H-how did y-" Edward spoke before Elizabeth could finish. "Why did you leave? I had no recognition of where you could've gone. I almost lo-" Edward stopped himself from speaking when he saw the fear and confusion in Elizabeth's eyes. He was speaking very harshly at her. He shook his head. "Please, forgive me. I'm sorry for my outburst."

"It's okay." Elizabeth looked down realizing she still had tear stained cheeks as it was just a moment ago she let herself break. Edward lifted her chin with his finger so she now looked into his eyes. "Is everything alright?" He saw her tears and it broke him. He hadn't realized the pain in her mind. Once he asked her, the pain disappeared. Only a red mist in it's place.

Elizabeth couldn't bring herself to speak. She realized looking into his eyes made all of her pain fade away. She felt no need to speak about it. Not now, not here. She noticed he still held her close in his arms. Edward noticed this as well and hesitantly let her go.

"I think I should get home, it's starting to get late." Elizabeth finally brought herself to speak.

Edward nodded.

~

The car ride to Elizabeth's home was silent. both in deep thought. Elizabeth's mind filled with questions. What was that dark fog? How did I end up at his car in his arms so suddenly? What were those questions he was asking?

Edward's mind raced with concern. His brows furrowed in frustration as he drove down the dark streets. He knew what was coming. But why for Elizabeth? How could they have possibly known anything about her? What did they want with her?

Edward was hesitant to leave Elizabeth. He wanted to protect her. To be with her as much as he could. He knew she was strong, but he also knew there were other's out there that could come for her now. And she had no idea.

"Thank you for a lovely evening" Elizabeth spoke genuinely.

"Of course, I'm very sorry I didn't get to take you exploring through the forest like you'd wanted. But It would be my pleasure to take you out again if you would like?" Edward spoke to her softly, her green eyes glistened in the moonlight.

"Sure, I'm off this weekend" Elizabeth simply said.

"Perfect." Edward softly smiled at her.

"Goodnight" She smiled back before exiting the vehicle. He watched her enter the building until he could no longer see the red mist in her mind.

He stayed near her that night. Just close enough to keep an eye on her. But not too close to disturb her at all.

Elizabeth's night was restless. She tossed and turned for hours. Her mind wouldn't let her rest. Once she finally drifted to sleep, her dreams were filled with... him.

He sat at the edge of her bed. He looked at her adoringly. She pulled her covers off and crawled to the edge of her bed to sit beside him. He continued to stare. She placed both her hands on his cheeks. Shivers went through her body as she held his face. His golden eyes almost glowed in her dark room, they poured into her green ones. She brought her face closer to his, and rested her forehead against his. Their eyes closed as the coldness of his skin sent an icy shock through her. The red mist in her mind began to fade away. She thought about how much she loved how he made her feel. Safe, comfortable, protected, and so much more. She pulled away to reveal his eyes once more. 'Incredible' He whispered in awe. Elizabeth tried to speak but no words came out. The black fog now surrounded them and grew closer and closer. It crept up the bed toward them. Elizabeth's heart began to beat faster. The red energy spread throughout her palms but the dark fog was too quick for her.

Elizabeth shot up in her bed with an outburst of red energy causing a loud ruckus in her apartment. Paintings fallen to the ground, furniture knocked over, glass shattered. She held her chest as she gathered her breathing and brought her knees to her chest. She stayed that way for the rest of the night.

~~~

~

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

115K 3.4K 29
β€’Β°. *࿐ ❝then i met you, and i realised the universe had orchestrated my whole life just to bring us together.❞ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡...
89.4K 2K 26
Brinley Holt just moves to Forks, Washington to help her parents out since they decided to move up here. Mom works in Port Angeles, and dad works at...
258K 6K 23
"That was not what I expected when we move here" Β° Β° Β° Β° Irene and her twin brother, Tony, move to Forks. The news of two new students spread fast an...
10.5K 348 15
Y/n Swan has just moved to Forks, Washington with his younger sister Bella to spend some time with their Dad (Charlie). After moving the two siblings...