The Tsaritsa's Vessel (Diluc...

By Iacrya

You are destined to be possessed by the Cryo Archon, the Tsaritsa, to prolong her life and further strengthen... More

What Life You Had In Store
That Which Was Ventured
A Series of Unexpected Encounters
The Winery Master and the Resonant Maiden
The Morning of the Festival
The Next Morning
Bewitching Beauty

The Dance

80 4 0
By Iacrya

"The moment I saw you, I thought you were not from here. And based on your outfit, I'd guess you were from Snezhnaya. And a Snezhnayan living under this roof is very curious. So, tell me your story. I wanna know."

Kaeya rather straightforwardly asked. His sharp stare, even with just a single eye, nudge you to speak your truth right away.

You told him your story starting with how you met Diluc, and then the specifics of your involvement with the Tsaritsa. Kaeya was clearly surprised.

"I see," Kaeya went into deep thought.

"Yes," you said. "That is why I need to leave as soon as possible."

"Unfortunately, that would be the worst possible solution. You see, Diluc is a great swordsman. And he has many connections, for instance, to me who is a Knight of Favonius Cavalry Captain. That in itself will be a lot of resources to protect you," Kaeya pointed out.

"If we leave you to flee on your own knowing the situation, there is no telling how long you can outrun the Fatui. There are Harbringers in several locations in Mondstadt and Liyue. You will only be safe under the protection of someone who rivals their powers. And Diluc, I should say, is at par or even better than most of the Harbringers. It is best for your to stay 'detained' here for the time being," Kaeya added.

You intertwined your hands together on the table. Now you understand why Diluc insists his dialogue. You really have nowhere to run.

"Yeah? So I would advise you to stop arguing with Diluc about leaving the premises. Even I will be against it," Kaeya said.

"The situation is now clear to me," you responded.

"Good. That will save us from worrying that you will disappear the moment we looked away."

You clutched your fist.

"At this rate, I cannot leave all the burden to you. I need to make myself stronger." You raised your face and looked Kaeya in the eye. "Will the Knights of Favonius be willing to train someone like me?"

Kaeya was taken aback but was quick to respond.

"Of cou—"

"Absolutely not."

Kaeya was interrupted by Diluc as the doors behind him were shut.

"Y/n already asked me, and I am definitely allowing it," Kaeya pointed out. He turned to you. "Maybe we can also check if there are spare rooms at Goth Grand Hote—"

"Her lodging is already covered. She is staying here. And I have been planning to train her personally all along so I would appreciate if you would drop your claim in this," Diluc said with clear annoyance.

"Very well, you know anyway the training program, given that you used to be a knight yourself," Kaeya made a sarcastic smile.

"And make her as inefficient and incapable as your knights? That is not going to happen," Diluc slammed him.

"Agree to disagree," Kaeya replied.

Y/n could only listened to the back-and-forth of the two. She avoided partaking in the discussion so as to not escalate the brewing tension.

It was during that awkward silence that Adelinde came with a man in tow.

"Excuse me, Master Diluc, Mr. Taylor is here," Adelinde said.

"Thank you. Have him take a seat for now," Diluc said.

Diluc faced Kaeya. "You may want to find a seat outside. The feast is starting soon. Jean and the others are also looking for you."

"Alright, alright." Kaeya waved at you as a silent farewell for now. You waved back.

As soon as the door closed, Diluc finally spoke to you.

"I will need a special assistance from you today. I hope you could do me a favor for the festival," Diluc said.

"What is it? Just tell me," you responded. You are willing to do anything to repay this man for everything he's done so far.

"There... is a dance that I must do later. Traditionally, ladies would... negotiate... who will become my partner."

"How do they negotiate?"

"Well, they draw lots. So any woman can become my dance partner for the festival. However, I want to do it differently this time."

At this point, you felt a strange pounding in your chest. You looked at Diluc.

Diluc took removed one of his gloves and showed you his bare hand.

"Will you dance with me?" he asked you.

You were shocked for a moment as you processed the situation and the strange feelings you are having. A man like him asking you for a dance is like a dream of every maiden in the world. You took a palm to your chest, lowered your chin, and closed your eyes. Then you reached out for his hand.

~~~~~

DILUC POV

'Will she say yes?'

Diluc cannot fathom himself being in this kind of position. He never thought he would ever ask a lady to dance with him.

Yet, he would rather dance with the silver-haired maiden than any of the ladies in the feast he has met so far this morning. None of them compares to the radiance and elegance Y/N exudes. He hates to admit it, but he is truly mesmerized by her.

He saw her clutch her palm to her chest, look down, and close her eyes. His heart beated rapidly and heavily.

However, she reached out to his bare hand. Their skin touched. He held her smooth, soft hand on his strong and wide palm. He felt exhilarated, albeit his calm and composed demeanor.

"Yes. What dance will it be?" Y/N responded positively with a smile.

That sweet response made Diluc's heart flutter in blissful excitement, still behind his composed and seemingly unaffected demeanor.

"Waltz," he said.

"Very well, I can do it," she said.

'Perfect,' Diluc thought. He coughed lightly.

"Thank you. I have asked Mr. Taylor to choose the dress that you will be wearing for the dance."

He turned to the man, seemingly in his 40s.

"Mr. Taylor, please show us the clothes you have picked."

"Right away, Master Diluc."

~~~~~

READER POV

Indeed, Mr. Taylor is a master of fashion. He chose the best dress for your complexion. He looked very pleased with you.

"I am very sure that the people will be mesmerized by your beauty, Madame Y/N," he said as he beamed from ear to ear.

"Thank you, Mr. Taylor. You truly are a master of your craft."

"Y/N, you look absolutely stunning," Adelinde remarked.

"Thank you, Adelinde."

"Very well, let us meet Master Diluc. The feast is about to start."

~~~~~

As expected, lots of people gathered around Dawn Winery for the feast. There is a few beautifully adorned tables near the orchard, separated from the rest of the people. Diluc sat there with a few of his most trusted business partners.

Diluc stood and addressed everyone to signal the start of the outpouring dandelion wine and the opening of the buffet stands. Afterwards is the dance for bountiful harvests. It is a dance between the master of the winery, Diluc, and a lucky lady. Previously, Diluc cast lots. Today, however, is different.

Y/N emerged from the sea of people. It was so easy to spot her because she radiated and sparkled like a precious diamond. Diluc was awestruck upon seeing her.

(I do not own this photo! Its in Google Images. Credits to the makers of this!)

READER POV

You wore a white and gold dress which flowed in the breeze like your soft and silky hair. The people in the festival were similarly in awe.

Diluc approached you and led you to the dance floor. He was speechless. You held his hand for the dance. Unlike earlier, his fingers were a bit cold. You held it and warmed it with the skin of your hand.

You danced for a minute, no speaking anything albeit you were staring at each other every so often. You felt a bit awkward, but you ignored it. You were determined to do something for this man after all.

No, you just don't know how to address the feeling.

Are you crushing on Diluc?

~~~~-

DILUC POV

Diluc could not help but stare at the beauty in front of him.

A Snezhnayan with crazy fairy tale stories to tell — that's who Y/N is to him. But today, for some reason, he felt very different toward her.

Maybe his eyes were opened and he finally saw a priceless woman that might finally save him from solitude.

Is it really, though?

But he can't shake the pounding of his chest and the nervousness he has never felt before for anyone...

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

822K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
302K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...