Love & Business: Part III

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈 After ending a marriage of 4 years, Hunter and Sophia are back at it again. They hate each ot... More

Back to Enemies
Don't Start
The Fallen Moisturizer
Laugh Now, Cry Later
Family Time
Just tell me!
Second Place
Three Hours
Lynda's Dinner
Talking
The Interview
Ponytails
Beauty
Cliche
My Husband
I Don't Deserve You
Memories
Cream Clouds
Breaking Point
Completely Soaked
Wet Dreams
CEO-Mega-Conference!
Welcome to Venice, Italy
Teddy Bears
Unspoken Rules
Bookstore
A Mess Without Him
Surprise!
Suits
Confrontation
Revelation 31
It Was Love
Epilogue
Goodbye

President Teddy

10.4K 306 71
By _dat_one_girl_

Sophia's POV

2 weeks later...

"Blaze, get back here!" I shouted as I ran behind him.

"No, I want President Teddy!" He cried.

I quickly grabbed him once I caught up to him. His cries grew louder.

"Your dad isn't answering so you will have to sleep without President Teddy tonight."

"No!"

I've been calling Hunter for the whole day and he didn't answer. I even called Jack and he said that Hunter didn't show up for work today.

I sighed before trying to call Hunter one more time. It rang four times before being forwarded to voicemail.

"Please mommy!" He begged.

He's been sleeping with the teddy ever since I came home from Venice.

I looked down at him sniffing. "Is your nanny still here?"

He quickly nodded.

I told him to go and get her while I got my keys.

"I'll be back in ten minutes. Try to get him to sleep if I'm not back by then."

She nodded before I left.

...

I kept knocking on Hunter's door before he finally opened it.

"I know we haven't talked since Venice and I know you don't want to talk to me but we have a kid together. Don't make him suffer because we're not on good terms."

He stared at me blankly.

"Will you say something?" I yelled in frustration.

"Today's the day Margret died."

I immediately closed my mouth and dropped my shoulders. "Oh."

"Yeah," he said while opening the door for me.

"I can't stay. Blaze is waiting."

"Sophia," he started off sounding a bit mad. "I've been drinking the whole day by myself. I need a drinking body."

"Just one," I said hesitantly.

He smiled before pouring me a drink.

We do this every year. He always gets a little sad on the day of his mom's death. Who wouldn't?

"I'm sorry about earlier," I apologized feeling a bit guilty for trying to curse him.

He shrugged his shoulders. "What are you here for?"

"President Teddy."

He chuckled.

We drank a few bottles before I started to get drunk. We talked about all types of random stuff before the conversation started to get deep.

"When did you start dreaming about me?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Get over yourself," I laughed.

"Blaze told me everything."

I immediately stopped laughing. My own sweat and blood sold me out.

"I can't believe you're drunk already," he laughed.

I started laughing too.

"Hey, Hunter?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I...can I...ask you something?" I spoke in a slurred speech.

"Go for it."

"Why'd you do it? Why'd you break up with me?" I laughed even though this was a serious question.

I couldn't keep a straight face.

He said he'd been drinking all day so I'm bound to get something out of him.

He came closer to me. "You're funny when you're drunk."

I smiled at him as he watched me. I bit my lips as I looked down at his welcoming lips.

Suddenly, he kissed me on the cheek.

"Can I do it too?" I giggled and he nodded.

I quickly kissed him on the cheek before my cheeks heated up. I felt like I was in grade school again.

It felt illegal to be kissing Hunter like this.

He suddenly stopped laughing as his coffee-colored eyes sunk into mine which was filled with desire.

"You promise you won't tell Sophia about this?" Hunter asked and I nodded vigorously.

He had no idea what he was saying.

"I promise," I whispered.

He took no time in colliding his mellow lips with mine. I gasp slightly in shock before kissing him back.

He used this opportunity to grab my waist before lifting me on top of the bar counter.

As we kissed, he stood in between my legs and trailed kisses from my mouth to my neck.

My hands traveled from his hair to his shirt before starting to unbutton it.

He immediately stopped and pulled back.

"Are you sure about this, Sophia?"

I instantly nodded before crashing my lips onto his.

...

My eyes flickered as I woke up in a familiar environment.

I quickly snapped my neck to the right to see Hunter fast asleep beside me with his heavy arm wrapped around my stomach.

I slowly looked under the sheet to find myself completely naked.

We did it, didn't we?

We slept together, only this time it wasn't a dream.

I quickly slapped myself to make sure it was real. It was.

Hunter turned and I quickly closed my eyes. He always does this, he's going to wake up soon.

What if it was a mistake and he gets upset at me? What if he only did this because he felt only last night?

"You can open your eyes, I know you're awake," his gruff, early morning voice said as he removed his arm from around my stomach.

I slowly opened my eyes as we both sat up. I played with my fingers as I yearned to hear how he felt.

He stopped me by using his hand to cover my fidgeting fingers.

He then kissed my temple before embracing me.

A smile grew on my face and my cheeks got hot. I knew that my face was probably red like a tomato right now.

I quickly jumped out the bed as my heart dropped. "Shit, Blaze!"

I fumbled around as I tried to put on my clothes which were tossed on the ground. I looked around the room before spotting President Teddy laying down in the corner.

After grabbing the bear, I ran out and drove off without saying a word to Hunter.

I drove as fast as I could; doing 60 on a 30.

I pushed the door open to see the nanny pacing back and forth.

"Thank God you're still here. I drove as fast as I could."

"I was about to report you missing, dear. You should've come home!"

"I know but I got caught up last night. Even if wanted to, I was too drunk to drive."

"You were what?" She shouted.

"I promise, this wouldn't even happen again."

"Those Internet folk were right about you."

"Excuse me?"

"You're incapable of being a good mother. Instead of being at home with your child, you lie to him and go out to clubs drinking?"

"I didn't go-"

"Rich girls like you have no idea how to raise a child. Your mother died before she could teach you; that's if she even knew."

My fingers rolled into fists at the mention of my mother.

"Don't get disrespectful, now."

"I can be as disrespectful as I want because I'm putting in a notice for my resignation!"

"It's best that you give the boy to someone who can take care of him and not use him as some toy you can play with whenever you want to play mommy. Your husband must be so ashamed of you."

My heart broke as she said such things about me.

"I'll be sure to tell the world that they were completely right about you."

I was about to cry but then suddenly remembered who I was. I quickly grabbed her hand as she was about to walk out.

"Threaten me again and it'll be the last thing you do. You can't give me notice because you're now fired!"

Fear immediately appeared in her eyes as she realized that this would be the end of her career.

...
Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 11.5K 35
𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈 Hunter and Sophia, two former enemies, have finally adjusted to their new relationship and being first-time parents. All is well until...
2.7M 101K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
199K 6.7K 41
Sequel/Part 2 to Fire and Flames !! Read part 1 before proceeding to this or else it won't make any sense! Zephyr and Athena were finally able to see...
3M 59.8K 44
COMPLETEDβœ… Arturo Vasquez -Head of Spanish mafia- was planning on accepting the proposal of Russian mafia leader Ivan Volkov's for his daughter, Aiya...