Rekindling Old Flames (BWWM)

By mss_amalee

"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down b... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
EPILOGUE
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 13
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 19
STORY BRANCH - CHAPTER 17
NEW BEGINNINGS
OUR WEDDING DAY
TEN YEARS LATER

CHAPTER 20

3.7K 123 16
By mss_amalee

I wake up to feather-light kisses being showered across my neck and shoulders. My back is to Beau. I squeeze my eyes shut, pretending to still be asleep as his arm comes up from behind and snakes around my waist. Hopefully he doesn't see through it. I can't face him after last night. I don't know what I was thinking asking him to sleep with me. Shame washes over me. How could I sleep with Beau after everything that's happened and, worse, how could I say those words to him? Beau doesn't deserve to hear me say that. I didn't even know I still felt that way until last night. It just slipped out. I'd convinced myself that what I felt for Beau was purely attraction. But I was clearly lying to myself. I don't even want to imagine how big his ego must be now that he knows I still love him. God! I'm such an idiot.

I'm pulled from my thoughts once I notice the absence of Beau's warm lips against my skin. The covers rustle and I think he might be getting up but I still don't move, only opening my eyes once I hear a door open and close. A relieved sigh escapes my mouth as I realize he left. Thank God, I was worried he would never get up.

I jump out of bed and begin to look for my clothes. I find my dress that, thank the Lord, Beau didn't rip last night. It's a bit more difficult to locate my underwear. They seem to have disappeared. I look everywhere before I give up finding them and throw on my dress. It's not the first time I've been without underwear. Tiptoeing to the door, I open it quietly. I run down the stairs and search the living room for my shoes.

I remember flinging them off my feet as I wrapped my legs around Beau's waist. The thought makes me remember how his strong hands kept me steady as he walked up the stairs and how his mouth showered my body with kisses. My thighs clench together as the images fill my head. I slap my temple to snap myself out of it. I'm supposed to be leaving Beau's place, not remembering what happened here last night.

Finally, I find my shoes, and without even considering that Beau might be hurt when he comes out of the bathroom and can't find me, I leave. In the cab on the way home, I promise myself that yesterday was the last time I will ever sleep with Beau Williams.

***

Poking my head inside the kitchen through the back door, I check to see if anyone is around. I don't want anyone to see me like this. The amount of questions that would be thrown at me from Dad or Camila or, worse, Axel would only make me regret what I did last night even more. Once I'm satisfied the coast is clear, I slowly open the door. I take careful steps towards the kitchen entrance, but just when I'm about to step inside, someone walks in through the opposite door.

"Thank God, you are okay!" Axel says.

My eyes close as I consider making a run for it. But I decide not to. Knowing Axel, he would just follow me to my room.

"Good morning, Axel," I turn around to face him as he's grabbing a bowl of grapes from the fridge.

"It's noon, my beautiful cousin." His head tilts to the side. "But not so beautiful as usual, it seems."

"Why do you say that?" I walk closer to where he's standing by the counter and take a seat beside him.

"You look like a madwoman, which is surprising." He says, popping a grape into his mouth.

"How do I look like a madwoman?"

"Look at yourself."

I know my hair is in disarray, and my makeup is messed up, but I doubt my appearance is bad enough to call me a madwoman. Axel is probably just looking for an excuse to insult me. Realizing this, I slap the back of his head. "Insult me again, and it won't be the back of your head I'll hit." I threaten, rolling my eyes at him before stealing a grape from his bowl.

"Ouch, sis, you are so violent." He rubs the spot where I struck him.

"I am only violent with you."

"I know, which is sad."

"Whatever. Why did you say you were surprised I look like this?" I hope he can't tell I slept with Beau last night.

"I know you're single, but you don't have one-night stands, so it's surprising to see you coming back home looking like this."

"I did not have a one-night stand."

"You did; I can still smell the guy's cologne, sis."

"You're not serious." My eyes widen as I realize I might smell like Beau. Pulling my arm up to my nose, I sniff myself. "Oh my God! I smell like him!" Axel is sitting close to me, so it makes sense he can smell Beau's cologne. Maybe a shower would have been a good idea before my great escape this morning.

"Please don't tell Dad or Camila; they can't know I had a one-night stand." If they find out, I'll have to tell them it was Beau, and I am not ready for anyone to know that yet.

"I won't, but on one condition."

"What do you want?"

"I want you to allow me to date Camila." Axel's voice hardens. "Once she's over that bastard who broke her heart, I mean."

His request is so crazy I almost laugh. "No."

"Then I'll tell them. And don't forget I have Tamara's number, too." He shakes his phone in the air as he threatens me.

"No, pick something else. You will break her heart, and Camila has been through enough."

"I won't break her heart. Camila is special to me." His eyes light up as he speaks.

Realization dawns. "Oh my God! You have real feelings for her." To say I am shocked would be an understatement. I can't believe Axel seems to have genuine feelings.

"I know I have only known her for a short amount of time, but no woman on this Earth has ever captured my heart and soul the way she has."

"Oh my God," I say again. "Are you saying you're in love with her?"

"I don't know about that, but I do have strong feelings for her."

"Wow," I pass my hand through my hair as I try to digest this new information. Axel is head over heels for Camila. I expected it to be the other way around. "Aren't you worried that she is four years older than you?"

"Not at all. I just want to be with her, age doesn't matter to me."

I grab his head to keep him still and stare into his eyes, trying to get to the bottom of this. But I can't see even a hint of lie in them. I can't believe it.

"Please let go of my face, Lilah."

"Sorry," I say, removing my hands.

"So, do I have your blessing once Camila is ready to start dating again?"

"I don't know; I'll have to think about it."

"Please do. It would mean a lot to have your support."

"I will, promise." I give him a small smile. It's going to take some time to decide how I feel about this.

***

On Monday afternoon, I step out of my office and take the elevator down. Camila, who is still angry with me for ditching her this past weekend, agreed to get lunch with me, but we're having to meet at the restaurant since she was at the job site earlier.

Arriving in the parking lot, I step out of the elevator and walk to my car. I'm about to open the door but halt once I hear someone calling my name. I look around the parking lot to find out who. Her blonde hair catches my attention first as the wind pushes it into her face. She tries to move it away, but the wind keeps pushing it back. Finally, she gives up and continues to walk toward me. I close my car door and wait, wondering who this woman is.

"Thank God, I caught you before you left," she says once she's standing in front of me.

The wind finally calms down, so her hair is no longer in her face. My body goes cold the second I recognize her from Beau's engagement article. She is as beautiful as she looked on the website, with crystal blue eyes and a perfectly pointed nose. Her rosy, pink lips spread into a dazzling smile.

"Do I know you?" I ask, my heart harming against my chest. I'm praying to God right now she is mistaking me for someone else.

"Of course not. I am Hannah Clark, Beau's fiancée." She stretches out her hand for me to shake. I look at it, wondering if she's alright.

"Do you know who I am?" It seems she doesn't, but why else would she approach me?

"Yes, you are Delilah. Beau's best friend, right?"

"Beau's what?"

"His best friend."

I stare at her as if she has two heads. "I'm no..." I start but pause as I realize something. She must have questioned Beau about me, and he lied and said I was his best friend to cover up what's been going on between us.

"You were saying?" Hannah asks expectantly.

Realizing what I have to do, I paste a smile onto my face. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry I didn't recognize you! You look so much more beautiful in person."

"Oh, it's alright." She smiles again. "I was in the neighborhood, and I felt it would be nice if I stopped by and introduced myself."

"That's so lovely of you." The fake smile was beginning to make my cheeks hurt.

"I also wanted to invite you to a party I'm having this weekend."

"Oh," I say in surprise. "How...nice of you, but I won't be able to make it unfortunately." I need to stay far away from this woman.

"Why not? I have heard so much about you from Beau. I was looking forward to getting to know you during the party."

What exactly had he told her? I can bet it's not what he has been doing to me for the past few weeks, that's for sure.

"Oh, I hope it's nothing bad," I softly chuckle.

"Of course not; I've only heard good things. But it's made me really curious about you. Please spare me some time and attend the party?"

"I would love to, but unfortunately..." I wrack my brain before thinking of an excuse. "I've just got a lot of work I need to catch up on this weekend. I'm so sorry, I don't think I'll be able to make it."

"Please, this party is really important to both of us. It would be so sad if Beau doesn't have his best friend there," Hannah pleads.

"I'm..." The words stall in my throat as I try to figure out how to get out of this.

"Please, Delilah, I beg you."

I'm starting to wonder if she knows the truth and is just inviting me to find out for sure. As Beau's slut, it would be stupid of me to go, so I would decline. But as his best friend...well, she's right, then it would make sense for me to be there. Maybe it will be better to attend to throw off any suspicion she might have of us.

"Okay," I relent. "I can figure something out."

"Thank you so much!" She squeaks, abruptly hugging me. I stand frozen, having not expected that kind of reaction. "I can't wait to tell Beau. He is going to be so happy." She lets me go and fetches her phone out of her purse.

"You'rewelcome." It's the only response I can think of. She asks for my phonenumber, and I give it to her. I stare at her texting excitedly and a weirdfeeling settles in my stomach. Why do I feel like I just dug my own grave?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 67.7K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
269K 2.1K 11
"Tell me, Eleanor, do you like seeing me like this? Do you like seeing me angry with you?" he yells, banging the spot above my head. I keep my mouth...
153K 2.5K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
1.5M 86.6K 63
"You trust me?" I look up at him, staring into his light brown eyes that stared directly at me. It felt like he was staring into my soul trying to re...