RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 25

5K 261 89
By dreamquisite

Jeno was perplexed when he saw the two walking together by the school gate. He just got there at the same time, and his attention immediately darted to Gayoon and Donghyuck, who got small, obvious smiles while talking to each other.

He also thought that his eyes were just playing with him when he saw his cousin drag the girl closer as they approached the sea of people.

Jeno had to snap himself to reality and run to catch up to them, launching between them with arms latched on each shoulder.

"Motherf-" Donghyuck thankfully stopped himself and glared at the male.

"Don't glare at me; you have some explanation to do." Jeno mused and shifted to Gayoon. "Why are you walking together?"

"Fucker, don't disturb her."

"Why!? I have the right to be curious and ask!"

Donghyuck just dragged him away, making him lose his hold on Gayoon.

Jeno yelled, "That hurt!"

Gayoon chuckled. "Morning, Jeno."

"Good morning!" the male is fast to beam an eye smile. "So this close interaction is just an accident, or? was he rude to you again?"

"I'm still here, shithead."

"So you really did something?" Jeno snapped at him. "I really can't understand you."

"Lee Jeno!" Donghyuck scowled.

"What? Don't give me that look."

"Stop clinging to her; are you the soulmate?"

"Me? I'm not; Jaemin is—wait what?" Jeno held them both, causing them to stop walking.

Jeno narrowed his eyes at the two. "Something happened."

Donghyuck rolled his eyes and held the girl's hand to walk away, but Jeno noticed his wrist.

"You're not covering your tattoo!"

"Ya. Speak louder; tell the whole campus." Donghyuck clicked his tongue.

Jeno gasped and pointed at the two. "You, you traitor!"

"It just happened recently," Gayoon answered and swatted his hand. "Also, I think it's good now. Hyuck is, well, different."

"Different? Really?" Donghyuck quipped.

She shrugged. "You're suddenly nice."

"Donghyuck is nice?" Jeno interjected with more widened eyes. "Well, what happened over the weekend, huh?"

"Not your business." Donghyuck deadpanned and placed a supporting hand on the girl's waist. "Let's go."

"What? Go? What about me? Hey!"

Donghyuck's subtle glares at the boys around them and his hand tightening her waist are cute.

They just got along recently, yet it felt like they'd known each other for three summers already.

Of course, there are lots of peering eyes on them, not just because Lee Donghyuck is obviously walking her to class but also because of his protective hold.

Words easily spread, and even if you're not on the scene personally, you would hear most of it as students (especially in the LegMa building) are talking about it.

"They still don't know about you two?" Yangyang asked as they waited for their next class.

"Only a number knows. Actually, just our cousins and you."

"Wow, I'm quite honored then."

Gayoon laughed, then looked at him with an apologetic smile. "And back at the mall.."

"What?" Yangyang smiled. "It's fine, I understand. But not to lie, his gazes are scary."

"He's a mean streak and a total asshole, I'm aware."

"Wait! He's not hearing any of this, right?"

"Relax; we only have an empathetic connection."

"Oh, alright, then you must've known what he felt when he saw me with you."

Gayoon just assuringly smiled, "Don't worry, he won't get to you. I won't allow it."

"Gayoon!"

The two looked at their classmates giggling around them.

Gayoon just quizzically looked at them.

"What's with you and Donghyuck?"

"Something's going on, right?"

"It's my first time seeing him inside our building. He's so handsome up close!"

"So what's with you and him?"

"Uhh." Gayoon looked at Yangyang first, then back to the girls, who's so eager for her answer, "We're uhh."

"Oh, come on, don't be shy!"

"Don't tell me you guys are flings."

"Flings?" Gayoon quipped.

"He's famous at that, right? Everyone loves to get a piece of him, and he willingly accepts them."

"I often see him at Cherry High. Gayoon, you should be careful!"

"She's right! He can hurt you; I'm sure you can find someone who really deserves you!"

Gayoon awkwardly chuckled, "Uhh, thanks, but we really are"

"Proper seats, class. Attendance in a few."

Gayoon let out a relieving sigh at the voice of their professor, feeling like she'd been running out of breath just talking to them.

She took a sip of her water and nervously chewed her lip, waiting for her name to be called.

When the lesson proper started, Gayoon dropped her face flat on her book, hearing a light chuckle beside her.

"For how long will you keep your relationship?" Yangyang whispered.

"We haven't talked about it," she groaned, facing him. "But really, I was about to tell them."

"I think you can. I don't know how deep your relationship has become, but based on how he almost killed me with his glares before, I can say he won't do anything bad if you'll publicize it."

"You think so?"

"I know so." Yangyang held her shoulders to straighten her seat. "Prof is glancing in our direction; pay attention."

Telling everyone about us? Gayoon thought.

Will it be okay now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 54.4K 78
» mafia au » soulmate au ❝ You and I are not meant to be ❞
132K 4.7K 31
markhyuck ┅ fuck drugs, have you ever been addicted to you best friend? ❝this is a healthy addiction.❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 3.13.22 markhyuck fanfiction. ©...
333K 13.1K 42
❝Remember when we first met? You said, light my cigarette❞ ▂ ❗ viewer discretion is advised includes: explicit words, violence, and sexual content CO...
627K 21.6K 45
❝ They say all good boys go to heaven, but bad boys bring heaven to you❞ ▂ ❗️ viewer discretion is advised includes explicit words, violence and str...