weakness

By tropic2na

"You make me weak. You make me mad, you make me crazy." he breathes, staring me in my eyes. "What am I saying... More

Authors Note - READ!
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four FINALE
bonus #1

seventeen

3K 44 0
By tropic2na

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。.

It was Friday, two days after I blew up on Paisley. I havent talked to her since and god Ive been miserable. I was laying on my bed, watching a show when I got a call. From her.

At 3AM?

"Hello?" I quickly answered. "Hey Jamiee, can youuu come pickk me up?" she slurred on the other side of the phone.

So she didn't mean to call me.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, she sighed loudly. "What! Noooo.. Okay maybe?" she laughed as she elongated her words. "Where are you?" I questioned.

"Kenyias houseee." she answered as I hung up the line. I then put some sweatpants and a hoodie on and drove to Kenyias. Before I was even able to place three knocks on the door, it was opened by none other than Kenyia. "What the fuck are you doing here?" she yelled-whispered, clearly drunk too. I peeked in to see a small blonde girl lying on the couch. "Bringing her back home." I whispered back, pushing past Kenyia to the L-couch behind her.

I placed my arm around her waist and held her up. She was wearing a white mini dress that barely covered her ass. Paisley groaned and looked up at me. I froze at the sight of her half opened blue eyes. "God its so coldddd." she complained, her eyes sparkling in the moonlight.

She drunk, Grayson.

I took off my hoodie and helped her put it on. She climbed up into the truck as I walked over to the other side. We drove off and a few minutes later, she was sleeping. As we pulled into her house, I guided her to the front door. She kept tripping over her own feet and falling onto me. I took a breath,

"What am I going to do with you." I sighed

We both knocked and Jamie opened it. "What the fuck." He said as he took her from my arm. She walked over to the couch and jumped onto it.

Jamie glanced over to her and then walked outside and shut the door. "Grayson, I don't think you understand how much you hurt her." he frowns and puts his hands on his hips. I looked at my feet not wanting to admit that I'm pretty sure I'm the reason she's drunk right now.

Me and Jamie talked for almost and hour, mainly about Paisley. I could tell how much he cared for Paisley, just by the way he looks at her. Is that the way I look at Lily?

My eyes shift over to the clock on my watch,

4:55

"Shit, sorry bro. I gotta head out." I say while going into for a small hug. He returns the hug as I ran over to my truck. I sped home and went to sleep. When I awoke, I took a long steaming shower and got ready to talk to Coach Banter at BU. Today was the day he will tell me if I'm still receiving my scholarship for the fall.

I wore a grey nike hoodie, black joggers and some white running shoes. Baylor was only an hour away, which isn't bad. My mom wants me to just stay with her since it's so close, but I'd rather not be in the house with her.

The ride there wasn't bad, I was mainly in my head. When I pulled into the parking lot, my eyes landed on a familiar silver car. I raised an eyebrow and took the parking space right next to it. When I peeked inside, I saw a white fuzzy steering wheel cover.

It's her.

I took a gulp and began to walk inside, Coach greeted me at the door. He walked me into his office.

"Good Morning, Grayson. How's your shoulder feeling son?" he shook my hand with a smile. He has a very firm grip.

"I can't say it isn't sore, but I'm working on getting healed up by the spring." I mentioned and took a seat in front of his unusually large desk. His entire office was windows. When I looked to the left, it was the weight room. Which had a few of my future team mates in it. I gulped.

Coach took out one of the files from his cabinet and stared at it. He had no expression on his face, but he was very tense. So was I. He took a deep breath, "Unfortunately son, looking at your PT records I don't think you'll be healed by Spring."

"I don't understand? Dr. Matthews said I was doing fine."

"Yes. From what I see here is that you weren't properly taking care of yourself and you somehow injured yourself, again." he noted and motioned to my spling. Right. All because I didn't wear my fucking brace like Paisley told me. God why did I push her away. She's all I need right now.

"Okay, but what's going on?"

Coach pressed a pen to his temple and continued to look down at the piles of papers on his desk. "You could take a gap year, instead of having your scholarship next school year, we can give it to you the following year." he hesitated, his eyes met mine. I found myself frowning.

A gap year? I wouldn't be at my prime, like I was two weeks ago.

"Okay." I smiled, "A gap year it is."

He nodded and starting scribbling something when the door opened. I turned to see a tall blonde boy, "Coach, uhhh, the Parker needs you." he mentioned when he looked down to me. He raised a brow and stared at my brace. Coach got up and left.

"Grayson, right?" he asks and walked in. "That's me." I replied with a small nod.

"You're quite the talk around here" he chuckled to himself, "I'm Henry."

Henry placed his left hand infront of me and I shook it. Someone yelled his name in the hallway, he turned and looked out the door. "Well, Gray, I'll see you around." he gave me a two-finger salute while running to whomever said his name. I chuckled and walked out, back to my truck.

Until I saw her, curled into a ball on the bench. I crept over to her, trying not to make too much noise. I stop and just observe her. Her blue eyes bore into mine and then she realized it was me. "Paisley I'm-"

"Save if Grayson." she snapped, her mascara running down her face. She got up and walked over to her car and almost immediately pulled out. Once she was gone, I sat where she sat and rested my head on the back of the bench.

This is all my fault.

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。.

I ended up going to school in attempt to talk to Paisley. She wasn't in Bio for a good three days, until she walked in. Her hair was in a bun, she wore no makeup and looked extremely tired. "Nice of you to join us today, Ms. Smith." Mr Quinten said sarcastically, she gave him a small smile and sat in her usual seat.

Should I go over? No. I need to leave her alone.

Fuck it. I stood up and pulled up a chair next to her. She kept her eyes ahead as if she knew I was going to do that. We didn't talk, at all. We just sat together and worked.

The next few days were the same, but she sat next to me. I kept glancing over to her, looking for some sort of reaction but I never got it. This girl is really good at not showing her emotions, she didn't talk either.

A brunette girl walked into the classroom, Ive never seen her before. She walked up to the teacher and he pointed to the desk next to me. When she sat down she cleared her throat and stuck her hand out to me.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte." she smiles, I stared at her hand and nodded. Her smile quickly faded and snickering went around the class. When I looked down at my phone, I saw Paisley staring at her from my peripheral. I couldn't tell what she was thinking, her face was blank.

Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned to see, Charlotte. She stuck her hand out again and I raised a brow. "I'm Charlotte." she said confidently, I hesitantly took her hand and shook it.

"Grayson." I replied

There was a loud noise and when I looked over, I saw Paisley slamming her chair into the desk. "May I go to the restroom please." she asked, it came out more as a 'im going to the bathroom' though.

"What's her deal?" Charlotte laughed and scooted her desk and chair next to mine. I furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened to your arm?"

"You don't talk much do you?

Oh my god will the questions ever stop. "Can you shut the fuck up?" I snapped at her, her face lit up in confusion. Her thick eyebrows dropped as she moved back over. Fucking finally. My eyes wondered around the classroom to see more than half of them staring at me.

Ten minutes later, Paisley came back and sat next to me. This time, she actually looked at me and held eye contact. Her eyes dilated slightly and her breathing slowed. She was the first to look away with a frown.  The bell rang and right as Paisley was getting up, I grabbed her hand. "Sunshine." I whispered, she stood there and looked away.

When she looked at me, there were tears in her eyes. I pulled her into a tight hug, wrapping my arms on her waist. She put her small arms around mine and placed her head on my chest.

God I missed this. I rested my head on hers, she was first to pull away. We walked out of the classroom when she turned to me. She opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. I smiled at her and then she strutted to the cafeteria.

I followed, but waited up for a few friends. We all walked into the large lunch room and sat in our usual spots. There were another three taps placed on my shoulder. Jamie was the first to look behind me and his eyebrows furrowed. "Can I sit here?" The new girl asked.

Clayton grinned, "For sure." he patted a seat next to him. Oh my god. I rolled my eyes and took a bite of and apple that I apparently have been crushing.

"Im Charlotte." she smiled and looked around my friends. I glared at her.

"Clayton,"

"Jamie,"

"Oliver and thats-"

"Grayson, yes I know." she bubbled and everyone looked at her confused. I groaned when my eyes meet hers. She smiled ever so slightly and I don't think I would've noticed if her eyes didn't narrow.

This girl has me in a trance.

I cant believe I hurt her out of anger. I don't blame her for being so distant. Her face was just a bit puffy and her eyes were glossy too. She must've been crying.

"Hello? Earth to Grayson?" Jamie said waving his hand infront of my face. "I know you're practically in love with my sister but we're talking to you" he rolled his eyes and I just stared at him.

The guys looked at me with their jaws opened. "Youre in love with Paisley?" Oliver laughed uncontrollably, he hit my back a few times. I furrowed my eyes at him, "What about it?"

"Just the fact that you have dated anyone in two years and suddenly you're inlove with someone." Clay shrugged.

"In love is a little much, and you guys are late to the party. Ive liked her for a few months." I say taking another bite of my apple. I glance over at Charlotte who looks like she's just seen a ghost. She looks over at Paisley, who is walking out of the cafeteria and her eyes darken.

"I'll be right back." she smiled as she practically ran out of the lunch room.

What is she up to?

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。.

IM BACKKKK!! i actually had this written for a while but decided not to post it until now lol.

don't forget to vote and follow 🫶🏼

word count: 2044

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6.4K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...
2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
1.4M 45.3K 50
"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the kitchen, facing the view of the city lig...
1M 16.9K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...