Broken Pencils

Da ChaoticParfait

Marcy Wu has patiently observed two girls that sit in front of them in math class. They want to become friend... Altro

Awkwardness of an Awkward Teen
Captivated
"Could We Do That Again?"
Every Now and Then
Petty People Pleaser
Try (and fail)
Are you... y'know?
Never Again
Cold Summers

Eventuality

429 16 78
Da ChaoticParfait

As Marcy sat at the kitchen eating lunch with their two girlfriends, they thought back to the beginning of it all.

It had started out as a simple yearning for connection, a simple plea for two people they admired to notice them, and now, here they were, laughing amongst themselves, talking about whatever came to mind.

"Marbles, what was that one video game called again?" Anne asked innocently, catching Marcy completely off guard, abruptly ending every train of thought that Marcy started, and now hundreds of mental passengers were left stranded in the middle of the countryside of Marcy's mindscape.

"Huh?" was the only thing Marcy knew how to reply with. What were they talking about before they started to zone out?

"There you are." Anne smiled sweetly, causing Marcy's heart to skip a beat because how did the universe manage to pair Marcy with such a cute girl? "It's always fun coming up with new ways to get you out of your head."

"But... I like my head."

"So do we, goofball, but you spend too much time there," Sasha remarked.  She, too, was smiling at Marcy. And she, too, was incredibly cute. "What were you thinking about, anyway?"

"Oh... nothing important." Marcy's cheeks turned a very subtle shade of pink because of course they were snapped back into reality while thinking about how incredibly gay they are for the two girls that sat in front of them.

"We're not important to you then?" Sasha dramatically gasped, feigning utter offense.

"What- How'd you know I was thinking about you?"

"Probably because the average person doesn't usually start blushing uncontrollably while staring at a plate of food and listening to a conversation about Spotify ads."

"I guess that's fair." Marcy didn't even try to defend themself, they were caught red-faced, and clearly that was an indication of their adoration for their girlfriends.

"Yes, yes, I'm a very fair person."

"I take back what I said before. You are most definitely a Leo."

"Have you ever experienced something similar to euphoria?" Anne asked.

"I'm not sure. I've never seen it; I don't have HBO Max," Marcy replied, a subtle smirk painted across their face. Anne rolled her eyes. "In all seriousness though, I think maybe? I know I've felt gender euphoria before, but I'm not sure if that's what you were asking. Unless, it was?"

"I guess... I meant more like... have you ever experienced a time where you just felt absolutely elated? Like, better than you have in a while and you kinda just... felt good?"

Marcy paused for a moment. "This may sound incredibly sappy, but I feel euphoric whenever I'm around you and Sasha. You guys make me feel better about myself."

"Awww, that's really cheesy." Anne scooted closer to her significant other. "Good thing I'm not lactose intolerant." She rested her head on Marcy's shoulder.

"Actually, I must've misspoke. I feel great around Sasha, not you. Sorry for the confusion."

"Hey! I'm a joy to be around, thank you very little."

"Mhm, I'm sure." Despite having silently vowed to despise Anne for the rest of their life, Marcy rested their head on top of Anne's.

The two were sitting on the couch in Marcy's living room. Sasha was supposed to be there, but, naturally, she was running behind by about... 72 minutes. Honestly, at this point, Marcy and Anne should just invite Sasha to events an hour prior to when it starts.

Suddenly, two figures entered the living room, catching Marcy's attention. Marcy didn't realise that their parents were home, but now, it was all too clear.

"Marcy," their mother spoke, "We're going to be leaving for a few days. Don't burn anything down. Please." Her eyes fell upon the girl cuddling her child. "And who might you be?"

"Oh I'm Anne, I'm Marcy's..." She turned to Marcy, unsure of what to introduce herself as.

"She's my girlfriend."

"How exciting! I never expected our little Marcy to get a girlfriend! She's always been more of a lone wolf type of gal. I didn't think she even had friends to begin with," Marcy's mother began, forgetting all types of social cues and placing herself right in Anne's space.

"Haha... yeah..." Anne awkwardly chuckled as Marcy looked away, a mix of embarrassment and discomfort plastered on their face. "I really do like them."

"Them? Is there another person that you're seeing?"

"Mom..." Marcy started, unsure of what to say. Yes, there was a third to their chaotic relationship, but at the same time, Marcy was also a singular they.

Anne looked a Marcy, not entirely certain if she should say something.

"It's me, mom. I'm them. Still."

"Oh right, you and your silly pronouns," their mother passed it off as some sort of joke, then looked down at her watch. "Oh, would you look at the time. Your father and I have to get going now. You two girls have fun!" And with that, they promptly left, leaving the two alone again.

They sat in silence for a few moments before Marcy spoke, unprompted.

"Can I live with your parents?"

"Huh? No?"

"Damn, it was worth a shot.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's all fine. My parents love me, that much I'm sure about, it's just," they paused for a moment, "they just don't really go about it in the right ways, I guess. And I've tried to tell them that before, but they just always shut it down."

"That sucks."

"Really, it's fine. I just need to figure out a way to get through to them."

"Maybe I could help you. I'm sure Sasha would be willing to as-"

Anne's line of dialogue was cut off by the sound of the doorbell.

"Oh my frog, Sasha's finally here!" They flung the front door open, immediately leaping onto Sasha.

"Hey, you," Sasha smiled down at Marcy, who's face was currently buried in Sasha's chest. "You're sure excited to see me."

"Of course I am!" Marcy's muffled voice sounded. "I haven't seen you in two whole weeks." They remained right where they were for a bit longer, to the point where Sasha picked them up and brought them over to the couch where Anne was still sitting. "Sorry about that, you just smell so nice."

Sasha blushed. "Well, you look nice. Are those new overalls?"

"Mhm!" Marcy hummed. "Anne helped me pick them out."

"You guys went clothes shopping without me? I knew I shouldn't have gone to that family reunion."

"I thought you liked the Oregon coast," Anne said.

"Oh I do, absolutely... but, I missed you guys more than I'd like to admit."

"You should listen to Ricky Montgomery," Marcy quipped.

"Jokes on you, I already listen to Ricky Montgomery all the time. Well, actually not all the time, mostly I listen to Cavetown."

"Have you two considered therapy?" Anne inquired.

"It's too expensive," Sasha stated bluntly.

"We live in LA; everything's too expensive," Anne retorted.

"...Touché."

"Guys that doesn't matter right now!" Both Anne and Sasha looked at Marcy, who suddenly appeared very impatient. "Don't you remember why you guys are even here in the first place?"

"...no?" Sasha rubbed her neck. Anne and Marcy stared at her quizzically. "You just invited us here so we could... Oh my Frog, we're going on our first official date!"

"Bingo, bitch. Honestly, Sash, I don't know how we put up with you."

"It's 'cause you loooooove me." Sasha leaned onto Anne's shoulder, to which Anne promptly pushed her off the couch. "Ow, goddammit!"

"You deserved that," Marcy chuckled.

"Yeah probably..." Sasha muttered, standing up and extending her hands for her two lovers to take. "You guys ready then?"

"Obviously."

Marcy had planned out some sort of grand adventure involving boba, a frog museum(?), a quick detour to the mall so Sasha could feel slightly less jealous about Anne and Marcy clothes shopping together, and eventually, back to Marcy's house to watch a movie (and potentially cuddle).

"What movie should we watch?" Marcy asked.

"Anything but romance," Sasha said.

So that's how the three of them ended up watching Titanic.

...for about 3 minutes before Sasha made them turn it off.

"Alright, if you're so insistent on not watching romance, than what do you suggest we watch?" Anne questioned.

"Cocomelon."

"I might actually break up with you if you say that again."

"Fine, okay, geez." Sasha paused for a moment. "We could watch the Tinkerbell movies."

"I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I'll have you know that Secret of the Wings is one of the best movies of all time and I will die on that hill," Marcy started. "Is it cringy? Yes, absolutely, but the music is so nostalgic and heart-warming and the-"

"So we're watching Secret of the Wings?" Anne asked.

"I guess so."

As the movie went on, Marcy could feel themself start to drift off, but tried to fight the temptation of sleep as much as possible. Alas, they failed at keeping themself awake.

Marcy awoke to the sound of laughter. Their eyes were still closed, but for the sake of fitting in, they started laughing as well, albeit awkwardly.

When they finally decided to open their eyes, they saw a classroom from their past. In front of them, sat two girls, laughing hysterically and leading on a chorus of snide cackles throughout the rest of their class.

Thousands of pairs of eyes were on Marcy, staring through their soul.

"We never really liked you. For someone so smart, you sure are dumb," one girl stated scornfully.

"Who would actually want to be friends with you? If I were you, I'd simply kill myself," the other girl jeered.

Tears threatened to fall from Marcy's eyes, but they were determined not to cry. They didn't need to give everyone yet another reason to mock them.

"T-this isn't real," Marcy insisted, which only caused the laughing to increase.

"Of course it is, Marbles," a voice sounded from behind Marcy. They turned around slowly, afraid of what they'd see.

To their absolute horror, Anne and Sasha stood there, towering over Marcy, grinning maliciously.

"I can't believe you fell for it again. The smartest people really are the stupidest, aren't they?" Their voices sounded together.

Marcy couldn't stop the tears that were now streaming down their face. "No. Th-that's not true. The real Anne and Sasha-"

"We are the real Anne and Sasha. And we want you dead."

With that, Marcy's vision went black.

"Marcy?"

...

"Marcy?"

...

"They must be exhausted. Just tell them I had to leave when they wake up. I know they struggle with sleeping sometimes."

...

A strange, but certainly welcome warmth spread over Marcy's body as they slowly regained their consciousness.

"Good morning, sunshine," a soothing voice that Marcy knew by heart chimed.

Blinking wearily, the world slowly become less and less blurry. They sat up on the couch that they had previously been asleep in, seeing Anne's figure come more and more into focus. She was sitting on the opposite end of the couch, smiling at Marcy tenderly. "It's morning?"

"Yeah, Sasha and I figured you needed rest, so we let you sleep. And my parents gave me the greenlight to have an impromptu sleepover here. You don't mind, do you?"

"'Course not," Marcy mumbled, drowsiness still very much laced into their speech. Unknowingly, they smiled brightly. "It's always nice having you around."

Suddenly, a cold chill shot through their body as they remembered what happened before they awoke.

"You okay?" Anne asked, sensing the change in Marcy's mood.

"Y-yeah, I'm alright. Just had a weird... dream, is all."

"D'you wanna talk about it?"

"No, no. It's nothing important."

Anne wrinkled her nose. "Do you smell that?"

"Smell what?"

"Ah, it's just as I thought. The smell of bullshit." Anne scooted over towards Marcy until she was able to hold them in a tight embrace. "You don't have to tell me about it, but I'm always here for you. No matter what."

Marcy couldn't help but laugh. "I know. It's almost stupid to think otherwise. My insecurities just get to me a lot, sometimes. I can't help but think that one day, I'm going to end up hurt in some way or another. But I know you and Sasha would never do anything to purposefully harm me."

"You're goddamn right," Anne said. "And if Sasha ever does anything to harm you, I will fight her to the death."

"Please don't. I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll win."

"Oh, c'mon, have at least a little faith in me."

"Unless you had some sort of cool superpowers that could turn you into some sort of divine goddess of ultimate kindness that could whoop a whole army's ass, I think Sasha would win any fight with you. Her whole thing is strength, and yours is more like... heart, or something."

"Would that leave you with wit or some shit?"

"Precisely."

Marcy's heart was pounding, their palms were sweating, their ears were ringing, and quite frankly they wanted to die.

But they had to do this, for their own sake.

"Mom, Dad, I need to talk with you."

Tomorrow, Marcy's parents would leave on a business trip, and they wouldn't be back for at least a week. And Marcy needed to get this off their chest before they imploded.

As much as they hated confrontation, this had to be done.

"What is it about, sweetheart?" Their mother asked.

"It's about me. The real me. Not the person you think I am."

Marcy's parents exchanged glances. "Go on," their father said.

"I've told you this before, and you have always seemed okay with it, but I don't feel like you actually support me in the ways that I need you to. My name is Marcy, I'm nonbinary, and I go by them/them pronouns."

"Yes, we know this already."

"I know that you know, but you still haven't done anything about it. You still think of me as your sweet little girl, but I'm not a girl at all. I know you two don't understand, and probably don't have the capacity to fully understand, and that's okay, but it hurts so bad whenever you call me your daughter or a girl or even just a she."

"I didn't think-"

"I know I didn't communicate it fully to you, I didn't stress it enough and I never stood up for myself. That part's on me, but now I am being very direct and I need you to realize how much this really does impact my life."

"Of course. We're sorry, truly. We will try from now on to support you in the way that you need."

"Thank you."

"Sorry I missed your call, I was speaking with my child about her- their needs."

Marcy didn't care about whatever boring thing their mom did for work, but they'd be lying if they said that they didn't start uncontrollably smiling and scream into their pillow after overhearing her talk to a coworker over the phone.

"ANNE I JSUT OVERHEARD MY MOM TALKDING TO SOMEONE ON THE PHINE AND SHE XALLED ME A THEY I'M LITTERALY SCREAMONG"

Marcy texted Anne while they were still internally freaking out. It didn't even take Anne a whole 10 seconds before she responded.

"good for you marce!! im glad the convo with your parents went well"

Marcy smiled. "Yeah, me too"

~~~

June 28th

The last time I wrote in this God forsaken journal was nearly seven years ago. It's almost crazy how much my life has changed since then.

First and foremost, I have two partners, Anne and Sasha. I don't know how I was able to pull two of the hottest people in this world seeing as I have terrible luck, but I still thank every god in existence for them everyday.

Currently, Anne is working her absolute ass off to finish college so she can become a herpetologist. I find it very interesting that her determination to stay on top throughout these years hasn't faded, only sort of mellowed out. I guess that good ol' tennis spirit inside of her will never truly die.

Sasha is on the fence of whether or not he should pursue a career as a children's therapist or a blacksmith. While the idea of watching him make weapons all day does certainly... intrigue me, I have to say that therapy seems a lot more ideal of a profession for him. And while my mental health has skyrocketed these past few years, it would be nice to have someone to talk to about my more complicated emotions.

Words can't describe how much I love those two idiots <3

Mom and Dad hosted a small pride event at their house for Sasha, Anne, and I. They know I don't like being around a lot of people and would much prefer having a fun time with my partners there. Mom and Dad aren't perfect, far from it, actually, but it's nice to see that they're trying.

I would write more, but Anne is making food tonight, and Sasha has finally agreed to watch Little Witch Academia with me, so I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment.

See ya!

Okay, so I definitely didn't take an unprecedented break for absolutely no reason. I have no idea why it took me so long to finally finish this fic, but here is the long awaited finale.

Was it perfect? No, far from it, but for my first fic ever, I feel like I did a good job (let me have this lie).

I'll definitely be writing something in the future, though, so if you have any suggestions, go ahead and let me know.

With that, I'll be seeing you later.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

7.5K 243 43
-Anne? What...what was that?- Anne turns to Marcy, sees the fear in their wide opened eyes. What did she do? The last blue spark fades on her palms...
33.8K 1K 30
SPOILERS FOR THE HARDEST THING AND EVERYTHING BEFORE THAT!!!! ⚠️⚠️⚠️ After defeating the core, Marcy moves away, and after two months, things between...
132K 3.5K 49
!!!CURRENTLY BEING RE-WROTE!!! After 10 years of Barely visiting Each other, Anne, Sasha, and Marcy, decide to move in together, Eventually finding o...
1.5K 50 13
Anne has been a street kid ever since she was 5 when her parent's where killed so all of this time she has been on the streets on her own and thus te...