Tortured Awakening (Book #1)

By immortalseries

[COMPLETED - NEW VERSION BEING UPLOADED ON PROFILE] Cordelia Bellrose lives a pristine life, in the upper c... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty- One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
UPDATE: JUNE 25TH, 2018
IMPORTANT UPDATE: NOVEMBER 24TH, 2021
March 17th, 2022

Chapter Thirty- Eight

5.6K 416 11
By immortalseries

My condition was far from alright.

Emotionally, I felt absolutely drained.

Physically, I felt like I had been thrown down the staircase.

Mentally, I felt horrible for what I had done to Killian.

Two days had passed, since that horrible night.

I refused to see Killian, despite how he had made many attempts to speak to me.

He was the stronger one of the two of us and I was too cowardly to face him.

I walked to my balcony and saw Killian walking around, in the back gardens.

This was a better opportunity than any other.

I did not care about my appearance, I had to see him.

I ran out of my room, nearly knocking into Annabeth, in the process.

She called after me, but I was too focused on getting outside, to Killian.

The back door slammed behind me and Killian immediately made eye contact with me.

He began walking towards me, but stopped and turned his back to me.

I picked up my speed and got to him as fast as I could, losing my breath in the process.

"What are you doing out here?" He asked, keeping his back to me.

I looked down "I wish to speak to you"

"Last time you wanted to speak to me, we had an issue" He said, grumpily.

"I am aware of that, but you must listen" I said, feeling emotional already.

He faced me "I do not need to listen, so do not demand it, like you have any power over me!" He said, turning his back away once more.

"I believe I do have some power over you. That is why you have grown so upset with me" I said, feeling bold.

He faced me once more "Do not believe for one moment that your presence has any power. You are a joke here; here for my amusement, nothing else"

I shook my head and stepped forward. "I do not believe that and I don't think you do either"

He looked away, upset.

"I understand that I am just a human and the idea of me having any power over you is a set back, in your views. I did not realize that it could be so aggressive, but I do know that you have taken care of me; the least I can do is take care of you, by making sure I do not harm you in any way" I said, hoping he would forgive me.

The last thing I want is Killian hurt because of me, when the power he has over me could destroy me in less than a minute.

He gave a small nod "Is that all?"

"I'm sorry for my actions that night, but part of me was not playing around. I was feeling something and like you I was scared of it" I continued.

He scoffed. "I am not scared of anything, Cordelia"

I shrugged "I will not question it anymore, but know that if you do in fact feel scared, keeping me held here against my will, it will not make either of us happy, because my attitude upsets you at times. Of course, I do not understand what any of this means, because I still wish to be free, but there is still a small part of me that wishes to stand by you"

He looked away, avoiding eye contact. "Now are you done?"

I gave a small nod and reached up, kissing his cheek. "I am truly sorry for any harm I did to you. I am not innocent, despite claiming to be. I suppose neither of us know the other properly"

I turned to walk away, but Killian reached out and pulled me back, making me face him.

He looked over my face, looking for something.

"Did I hurt you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Do not worry about that, all is forgiven; I hope"

He nodded. "I apologize as well. I know that I should have reacted more appropriately"

He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"Do not think that this means all is well" He whispered. "Everything will go back to the way it was, before that night"

I nodded "I would not expect anything less"

He frowned "When it comes down to it, you are only a human and no human normally lives this long"

"What about Luther?" I asked.

"That is completely different, which I am sure you know of" He said.

I rested my head against him. "As long as I am here, I am safe, right?"

He nodded "You may be here for my unknown reasons, but despite how you are treated, you are still mine in a matter. I protect my things, so you will be no exception"

"As long as I am safe and you protect me from anything, I will quit running. I promise, Killian." I whispered, finally meaning what I said.

"Good" He said, pulling away from me.

I stared at him, as he began walking away.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

He shrugged "I need to eat"

"Will you be back soon?" I asked.

"I will be back when I'm ready to return" He said, turning away from me.

I watched him walk away, as I tried to make sense of what exactly was going on between us.

I did not like it, but I fell into it.

I suppose the easier I make things for him, the easier it will be for me to remain here.

That was that.

I am officially staying here.

He does not know that I will be dying soon and perhaps that is good.

Whatever he is scared of will be long gone and he can return to the life that he has grown so used to.

I just needed to break the news to Samuel, Archibald and Florence, that I was no longer going to try and fight Killian on my living conditions.

Everything will be easier if I just quit fighting everything.

I took a seat on a bench, feeling weak from the conversation.

"Maybe, I should warn him about the troubles that are heading this way" I said to myself.

I stared ahead, as though I were focusing on something.

I was there, but it certainly didn't feel like it.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on my hand.

Images of Theodore shot through my head, making my eyes shoot open.

I began breathing hard, wishing that seeing him would stop tormenting me.

I carefully closed my eyes for a moment, seeing something that I hadn't seen before.

The images flashed through once more and my concentration rested on his dead body.

I do not remember seeing him body.

I never saw his body.

Killian rescued me from the person who did kill Theodore.

Why was I seeing him though?

"Good evening, Cordelia" I heard Luther say, as he came up from stairs that led underneath the house.

"Where did you come from?" I asked.

He shrugged "I am just walking around, enjoying the surroundings"

I gave a small nod.

"I'll be seeing you" He said, eyeing me.

The way he spoke, made me feel uneasy.

Why did he say it as though he had something planned.

I know I have my moments, but I am positive that something was going on with that man.

Florence may insist on ignoring it, but I certainly wouldn't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 129 20
[PREVIEW - This book is now available in paperback, hardcover, and e-book] • Book 1 of the Numen Chronicles • ~ | No Accent Edition | ~ Alucard's a r...
15.4K 366 17
What if Yui Komori had a brother and they were both sent to a house full of vampires? Will he find happiness, or will misfortune strike?Minori Komori...
8.2K 165 35
A STUDY OF POISONS BOOK 1 (CURRENTLY BEING EDITED AND REVAMPED) _____ Vampires are ruthless and should be eradicated- that is the old way. However, i...
69 0 35
Victoria is a vampire over 100 years old who escaped her captor Claude over 50yrs ago but is still on the look out him because he insists that she wa...