1996 | Y.Jw

By ClumsyPotatoes

When six teens escape their prison of a lab, their world, and the world of the ones they meet, is turned upsi... More

Preface
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |
| 5 |
| 6 |
| 7 |
| 8 |
| 9 |
| 10 |
| 11 |
| 12 |
| 13 |
| 14 |
| 15 |
| 16 |
| 17 |
| 18 |
| 19 |
| 20 |
| 21 |
| 22 |
| 23 |
| 24 |
| 25 |
| 26 |
| 27 |
| 28 |
| 29 |
| 30 |
| 31 |
| 32 |
| 33 |
| 34 |
| 35 |
| 36 |
| 37 |
| 38 |
| 39 |
| 40 |
| 41 |
| 42 |
Intermission
| 2.1 |
| 2.2 |
| 2.3 |
| 2.4 |
| 2.5 |
| 2.6 |
| 2.7 |
| 2.8 |
| 2.9 |
| 2.10 |
| 2.11 |
| 2.12 |
| 2.13 |
| 2.14 |
| 2.15 |
| 2.16 |
| 2.17 |
| 2.18 |
| 2.19 |
| 2.20 |
| 2.21 |
| 2.22 |
| 2.23 |
| 2.25 |
| 2.26 |
Epilogue

| 2.24 |

952 87 15
By ClumsyPotatoes

In the morning I woke up in the bedroom, with a hand holding mine from the floor. With much trouble I managed to move over and look down at the person laying on the floor. On possibly the thinnest mattress with something that was so soft that it barely was a pillow, laid Jungwon with a thin blanket over himself.

Even though his eyes were closed they were clearly puffy. Despite his calm demeanor when he slept he held a tight grip on my hand, only reminding me of last night.

I recalled how Soomin had tried to help my injuries best as possible, ordering for Sunghoon to keep an ice packet pressed against my right shoulder as she disinfected my left shoulder and wrapped it in white gauze... she had done exactly the same with my right thigh but I had complained so loudly that they had to give me a piece of cloth to bite down on in order for me to not wake up Sunghoon's mom.

Jungwon had been crying through it all, complaining that they were hurting me, meanwhile Sunghoon had to hold him back (while still holding the ice packet to my arm). 

Luckily I had been laying down on my stomach and was able to just lay and look down at Jungwon as he continued sleeping. I wasn't sure but I was convinced that it was the most sleep he had gotten in a while.

Eventually a small series of knocks echoed on the door and it creaked open, making Sunghoon hesitantly poke his head in. Immediately pushing up his specs as he noticed that I was awake.

"Uhm... Soomin and I have been making breakfast, so if you two want some you can just come down," Sunghoon carefully spoke and I slowly nodded, "how are you feeling today?"

"Sore... exhausted... burning," I shortly replied and he nodded quietly, "are you and Soomin-"

"We're good," he nodded quietly as a small smile spread on his face, "we talked while you kids were gone... and after she looked at your injuries a bit. She really wanted to take you to the doctor... but you don't exactly have a social security number or anything that would make the doctor able to identify you."

"I've had enough of doctors lately," I muttered making him just smile softly, "I'll see if I can wake him up."

"Maybe let him sleep," Sunghoon remarked and I glanced up at him, "he was quite... I don't know how much you remember but he was quite torn up over your state last night. Everytime you would start crying he would begin to scream about us having to stop treating your injuries... almost woke mom up."

"I'll only eat if he goes with me," I insisted and Sunghoon nodded quietly, "I don't dare think of his reaction if he wakes up and I'm gone."

"Good point," Sunghoon nodded quietly, "I'll go down to breakfast. We'll save a bit for you two."

"Thank you," I hummed and he only sent me a smile before carefully closing the door once again. I directed my eyes back down to Jungwon, letting out a small sigh before I squeezed his hand softly, "Jungwon... Won?"

"Mhm?" he hummed quietly, first really reacting to his nickname.

"There's breakfast if you'd like," I muttered and he only hummed reaching his free hand up to rub his eyes.

Jungwon only let out a small groan before letting out a deep huff and hesitantly fluttering his eyes open. He only stared at the ceiling as his eyes finally opened properly.

"I'm sorry if you needed more sleep, I just wanted to give you the opportunity of breakfast right now," I muttered and he slowly turned his head to look up at me, a small smile spreading across his lips, "I doubt you've been sleeping a lot lately."

"You're alright," he muttered and I frowned down at him, "alive... consious, not feeling sick... I hope."

"It only hurts a bit," I whispered quietly and slowly his smile grew enough for him to show his teeth.

"It'll be over soon," he softly assured, to which I only nodded, "you look tired..."

"But..." I trailed off as a small smile spread on my face, almost mischevious, "I'm still beautiful, right?"

"Of course," he hummed and reached up to brush my hair back over my shoulder, "always."

"Kiss," I whispered and he immediately grinned widely.

Jungwon sat up immediately, looking down at my face before kissing me softly. It was as if I hadn't just woken him up from the best sleep he had gotten in a while.

"You were magnificent last night," he whispered quietly as I moved a bit back on the bed and he laid his head down just in front of mine, "even though you had me panicking."

"Sorry," I whispered and he shook his head quietly.

"I think we can be assured that they won't be searching the town for you girls... I sure hope so after all we went through," he muttered and I nodded quietly.

"Are my injuries bad?" I whispered and he shook his head quietly.

"The worst is the burn on your thigh," he excused, "the bruises on your shoulder and neck are barely visible today, I suppose."

"Neck?" I whispered and he frowned at me.

"He strangled you," Jungwon whispered in return, "don't you remember?"

"I didn't know it would leave marks," I muttered and slowly pulled my hand from his grip, touching my neck tenderly - immediately feeling the ache.

"I really thought he was gonna kill you at that point," Jungwon whispered as he slowly began frowning, "it... felt like... you know... Lin was still in that daze, and Emiko was passed out for a short time. Meanwhile..." he paused as his voice broke.

"You don't have to-" I started and he immediately cut me off.

"He looked insane... and you were struggling so badly and crying and..." he trailed off as his eyes momentarily closed, "what was I to do? Leave the two people I was looking over, or going to help the love of my life? It was two people to one... what could I do. I wish I could go and hit him away, but at least Emi got back to her senses quite quickly."

"You don't have to tell me... it looks painful to relive," I whispered and he immediately shook his head, finally opening his eyes again.

"I need to tell someone," he whispered quietly, "and... I don't want to tell anyone but you, because I don't think you noticed how it all looked for us when you were sacrificing yourself like that. Do you know how insane you were? When you locked us out of that office?"

"I wanted to keep you safe," I muttered and his eyes immediately glazed over as he recalled last night.

"I was terrified," he whispered shakily, "I was so terrifed Ji... I couldn't get to you if anything happened... and once we got inside... whenever you got injured... you screamed, and it was so painful..."

"I'm sorry Jungwon," I whispered and he quietly hummed as he tried to keep himself calm, "please don't cry... I'm sorry."

"I think I might need to cry again," he excused in a whisper, "please don't do things like that again..."

"I promise... I won't do something like that again," I assured him, "once I'm less sore you've promised to take me to the pool, haven't you?"

"We're gonna go," he nodded assuringly as he closed his eyes once again.

"Can you come up and lay with me?" I questioned and he slowly opened his eyes again, giving me a skeptical look, "please? You look to be hurting and I want to comfort you properly... please."

Jungwon let out a small sigh while he still smiled. Carefully he moved up into the bed, almost scared to touch me, but once I had thrown my arm across him he had immediately turned onto his side to face me.

"Don't cry, please," I muttered and softly dried away his tears before softly pecking his cheek.

"I was so scared," he admitted and I only nodded as he leaned his forehead forward to press against mine, "so scared..."

"I know... I know..." I whispered as I kept caressing his cheek.

"I had so many visions in such a short time... I saw you die..." he croaked out, choking back a sob.

Quietly I leaned forward and pressed my lips softly against his for a small peck, only making him quickly grab onto the back of my neck to keep me in place. Even his lips were careful in their touch, as if I had been injuried on my lips.

"Won," I murmured and finally forward my lips off of his.

"No please," he whimpered almost, as I let my hand trail over on the back of his neck and softly play with the hair at his nape.

"It's fine... nothing's gonna happen," I assured softly, "I'm not gonna die... I'm not."

"I just want... the time we have-" he trailed off.

"We have all the time we want," I reminded him softly, "I'm not going anywhere... you're not going anywhere..."

Jungwon eventually just nodded as he whimpered quietly before grabbing tighter onto the back of my neck, knowing he can't pull me closer by my waist as he usually did - this time around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 11K 39
# 𝐘𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐖𝐎𝐍: These violent delights truly have violent ends. ≡ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 ➴ enhypen | yang jungwon ➴...
443K 20.9K 43
𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟭 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 ❛𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘❜ 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦. ✿𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘈𝘶✿ With pleasant music in her ears...
847K 35.3K 75
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
11.1K 455 46
----------------------- 💫 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 - loving in the k-pop industry is harder than she expects. " 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘢...