All On The Line {A.D.C x You}...

By carterradams

MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ READ WITH CAUTION ⛔️ (This will be your only warning) There's a killer on the loose... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
Book 2 Snippet

~28~

507 40 6
By carterradams

December 24th, 2021

"Gunnar!" Y/n shouts as her and Alycia walk through the door to the house. Y/n shuts the door and drops the bags on the ground walking further into the house finding Gunnar and Wren sitting in the living room. "Wren?"

Both Wren and Gunnar stand. A small smile spreads to Y/n's lips as they walk over and nod at Wren.

"I'm alive," Wren says, chuckling nervously as Y/n nods.

"I'm glad because we're going to need you-" Y/n pauses looking between Gunnar and Wren. "We have a situation. Did you both hear?"

"Hear what?" Gunnar asks squinting his eyes.

"Marcus James," Y/n speaks and realization spreads across Gunnar's face as his eyes shift from Y/n to Alycia back to Alycia. Y/n glances down to the ground before glancing over their shoulder to Alycia, holding out their hand to the girl. Alycia's green eyes trail down to Y/n's hand and linger there before taking a hold of Y/n's hand as the two walk over and sit down on the couch. Once they're seated Y/n places her hand on Alycia's thigh, letting go of her hand. Gunnar and Wren sit on the two chairs, silence surrounding them.

"Who's Marcus James?" Wren asks after a couple moments.

"Marcus James is a very serious underground mafia boss. Started at nothing until his sister Ansley got involved. They built an empire together," Y/n begins looking to each person. "They recruited people through the worst tests. Their base is literally underground and it's amazing. But they play dirty. I did some business with them years ago. Lost contact for a while as I went on a... killing spree. Last year around October Ansley came to me asking for a way out of that empire. I provided one for her and she took it. Marcus thinks I killed her."

"So that's why he tried to kill you," Gunnar spoke his voice low. Y/n slowly nods their head feeling Alycia wrap her arm around Y/n's. Y/n briefly glances to the girl giving her thigh a gentle brief squeeze before looking back at Wren and Gunnar.

"But what Marcus doesn't know is Ansley is very much alive and goes by Everlynn Williams. Her birth given name," Y/n looks down at the ground as confusion spreads across all three of the others.

"Birth given name? Y/n are you saying-"

"Everlynn Williams is my sister. Marcus James is actually Kol Williams. My brother," Y/n spoke cutting Wren off. Silence erupts into the room as Y/n picks up their head looking at Wren and Gunnar. Gunnar leans back in his seat crossing his arms over his chest as Wren anxiously bites her nails. Y/n's head slowly glances over to Alycia to see the girl's eye wide but staring at the floor. She tears her eyes off the Australian and to the floor themselves.

"How do-How do they not know?" Gunnar asks.

"My parents loved their secrets. I didn't know either until I met the two. I took a blood sample from them both and tested it with mine based off of a feeling. We all shared the same blood so I went to my parents storage locker and found everything I needed to know," Y/n informs as Gunnar sits up shaking his head.

"Holy shit Y/n," Gunnar spoke, looking at the person. "Does Everlynn know?" Y/n slowly nods their head.

"Everlynn's younger than Marcus but yeah she knows. She's smarter than Marcus would give her credit for."

"Okay so he's after you, your own brother because he thinks you killed his sister Ansley who's actually Everlynn who's both of your sister, but she's very much alive right?" Wren asks. Y/n's eyes switch to Wren and they nod. Wren nods back. "So what do we do?"

"I'm going to call Everlynn and see what she wants to do, but I only see this going in one way," Y/n spoke, uneasiness in their voice.

"What way?" Alycia finally speaks, her voice scratchy as she looks at Y/n. Y/n slowly turns her head to Alycia but doesn't look at the girl's eyes. Their eyes look at the ground as they shake their head.

"Marcus dying."

<<<<>>>>

"So where are we? Any word from Conrad or Rae?" Y/n asks walking out of their office to the living room where Wren and Gunnar sat in the living room looking at loads of files.

"No word from them. We can't get in contact with anyone from the warehouse," Wren responds causing a sigh to escape from Y/n's lips.

"You guys got rid of your phones right-"

"Only burners. Yep," Gunnar responds cutting Y/n off as the girl nods, looking down at their own phone. "Get a hold of Everlynn?"

"No, I haven't tried yet," Y/n spoke shoving the phone into their pocket shaking their head. Another low sigh escapes Y/n's lips as they look around. "Where's Alycia?"

"She went upstairs, said she wasn't feeling good," Gunnar responds and Y/n nods.

"Keep trying to get a hold of them. I'm going to go check on Alycia. If there's any updates, notify me immediately," Y/n says walking away and to the stairs. They walk up the stairs and down the hall a bit before pausing in front of Alycia's room. Y/n's hand reaches up and goes to knock but hesitates. Their hand balled into a fist hovers over the door. They weren't sure why they weren't knocking, why they haven't barged right in but they haven't.

Y/n stood for a few log moments, staring at the door closing their eyes briefly. When a low sigh slowly slips from their lips that's when she knocks and slowly enters the room, letting her eyes scan. She walks in, gently closing the door behind them not seeing Alycia anywhere.

"Alycia?" Y/n calls out letting her eyes roam, walking further into the room, planting herself in the middle. That's where she hears footsteps from the right of her, spinning swiftly to lock eyes with Alycia's green ones as she walks out of the restroom. "Hey."

"Hey," Alycia responds gently. She walks towards Y/n. The girl's eyes trailing the Australian, watching her as she passes and to the bed. Y/n turns around as Alycia passes finding the girl gently sitting on the end of the bed. A low sigh escapes Y/n again as they walk over and take a seat beside them, gently reaching over and placing their hand on her thigh.

"Gunnar said you weren't feeling well?" Y/n questions, their voice a whisper wanting to hear it from Alycia. Alycia shrugs and reaches her hand slightly up placing it on top of Y/n's hand.

"The things in your life, they're very overwhelming," Alycia gently spoke as Y/n nods her head, admiring the girl in front of her. "Thinking about everything and hearing things not only from you but others, it's a lot. How do you- Your own brother wants to kill you. Y/n..." Alycia'a voice trails as she shakes her head from side to side. Y/n nods once more, tearing their eyes from Alycia's side profile and to their hands. Gently they squeeze Alycia's thigh before moving their hand and taking hold of Alycia's that had been just sitting on top of Y/n's. The girl gives the green eyed girl a small squeeze, lifting their head back up.

"It is a lot and I don't expect anything. You don't need to worry about any of it," Y/n speaks giving their voice down watching Alycia shake her head, finally turning her head, locking their eyes.

"But I do need to worry when I..." Alycia trails her voice, stopping herself as Y/n flicks their eyes back and forth between the Australian's. "I'm apart of your life now Y/n. I'm going to worry."

A soft chuckle escapes Y/n's lips as they shake their head. "That's my job."

"You worry about me I'm going to worry about you. This is a two way streak now."

A small smile slowly inches it's way onto Y/n's lips at Alycia's words. "Is it now?"

Alycia nods. "You know it is... But I can only imagine how rough your life has been Y/n. You only tell so much. You're a private person and slowly I'm learning more and more about you sure. But you have a hard time letting people in."

"It's better to keep your enemies closer than anybody Alycia. Letting people in can ultimately make that a weakness."

"Am I your weakness?" Alycia's eyes shift between Y/n's seeing the girl's smile still lingering on their lips. "Because I overheard Gunnar and Wren talking and everyone gives me this look that-"

"Yes. That's why I was trying to get us out." Y/n shifts a bit and tears their eyes from the girl and to the ground. "I should have never taken you. I let my ego get in the way. Even if you had seen something, I haven't been caught for over 7 years. I dragged you into this life that you shouldn't be in. It's dangerous and fucked up. These people aren't your typical people. You're too innocent and pure and have so much more to offer in this life then to be dragged into drug cartels, money laundering, murders, kidnappings, mafias, the list really goes on. And if anything, anything happens to you, I'm never going to forgive myself."

Silence fills the room after Y/n spoke. Alycia's eyes remain on the person in front of her, her eyes soft and sad. She sinks her teeth into her bottom lip before ultimately leaning forward and turning her head, laying it down on Y/n's shoulder. Gently, she gives Y/n's hand a squeeze closing her eyes a moment.

"Nothings going to happen," Alycia whispers.

"You don't know that," Y/n whispers back.

"That goes both ways." A snicker escapes Y/n and nods.

"Either way, you shouldn't be in this position."

"I'm glad I'm here."

"Says the girl who's tried escaping countless times." A soft chuckle escapes the both of them.

"That was before I got to know you-"

"Y/N!" Gunnar's voice screams from downstairs. Both Alycia and Y/n jump and stand. They hurry towards the door and out, running down the stairs. At the bottom Y/n stops and pushes Alycia behind them seeing Conrad and Gunnar helping an injured Rae into the living room.

"What the hell happened?" Y/n asks, looking to the front door seeing Wren rushing over with a first aid kit. Y/n glances over her shoulder to Alycia and gives her a soft look before rushing over to the coffee table Rae now laid on.

"They attacked Y/n. The whole god damn warehouse was attacked," Conrad spoke, out of breathe as he gently backed up and shook his head. Gunnar stood up straight as Wren bent down at the table and began examining Rae. Y/n walked to Conrad and looked at him, reaching forward and finding a bullet wound to his shoulder.

"Conrad sit," Y/n spoke as the boy shook his head.

"I'm fine. But you need to listen-"

"I'll listen once you sit so I can patch that up," Y/n said cutting the boy off. Conrad sighs and sits down on the couch as Y/n sits beside him, beginning to work on his shoulder.

"Did anyone else make it out?" Gunnar questions getting on the other side of Rae.

"I don't know. I grabbed Rae and her injuries were bad so I got into the unmarked car and just drove," Conrad spoke, his breathing calming down. "Astra told me to go. I was going to stay but she told me to go."

"You did the right thing," Y/n said examine the bullet wound closely. "How's Rae?"

"She's lost a lot of blood. It doesn't help either that she's unconscious," Wren responds. "She needs an actual hospital. Her injuries are too serious. There's not much I can do but-"

"No hospitals," Y/n spoke looking away from Conrad's shoulder. "We do a hospital, they ask questions. If her injuries-"

"If she doesn't go to a hospital she dies," Wren spoke applying pressure on an open wound. Y/n tears her eyes and looks back at Conrad's shoulder.

"Y/n all we have to do is drop her off. Nobody has to know and it's Rae. She knows not to talk," Gunnar said and Y/n remains silent placing on gauge before a bandage.

"Y/n please," Conrad whispers causing Y/n's eyes to slowly shift up from the wound to Conrad's eyes. They were heavy and sad. Mercy inching them as he looks between Y/n to Rae back to Y/n. "Please. You can't let her die."

Y/n stands and silence fills the room. Their brows furrow looking at the unconscious girl before slowly trailing their eyes over to Alycia who stands with her arms crossed, worry and nervousness all over her face. Y/n looks away and nods.

"Fine. Fine. Wren take the car Conrad drove here. Get her to the hospital, then hide out around there. If any of us get a call from the hospital we notify you and give it a bit."

"What if-"

"If she doesn't make it, then you come back here and we make sure Marcus James pays for what he's done." Gunnar and Wren nod standing. Gunnar picks Rae up and carry's her bridal style as Wren follows them out. "Conrad you need to rest that arm. We're going to need you."

"She's going to make it right? She can't die," Conrad spoke looking directly at Y/n. Y/n looks at Conrad before looking down.

"Conrad I don't know," Y/n gently spoke before Conrad stands and turns away. There his eyes lock with a sad Alycia who gives me a small smile. He gives one back and nods as he walks away and to the kitchen. Y/n's eyes follow him until he's left the room before looking back at Alycia. "See, you shouldn't be seeing this type of stuff. That could easily be you."

"But it also can be you. It could be any of us Y/n," Alycia spoke back taking a couple steps forward. Y/n shakes their head from side to side, a low sigh escaping their lips taking a couple steps forward.

"Alycia, you don't have to pretend. Okay? If this is some psychological thing you're trying to do to make me trust you and let you go, don't okay. Don't pretend," Y/n said, reaching forward and grabbing Alycia's shoulders. Their eyes stay locked and Alycia shakes her head, flicking her eyes back and forth between Y/n's.

"Y/n I'm not. At first I was, but now... I can't pretend anymore. Something switched. When? I don't know but it did," Alycia whispers gently.

"Alycia-"

"Y/n, I promise you. I'm not pretending. I know it hurts when you find out someone is but I promise you, on my life that I am not pretending."

"You don't have to do this Leesh. You don't have to fight for me, for us, for this."

"I'd put it all on the line for you Y/n..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367 0 35
Alice is 20 when she learns that all men do is take. Alice is 21 when she steals her first life. Setting upon a path of justice and vengeance, Alice...
899 8 20
TRIGGER WARNINGS IN DESCRIPTION A polyamorous relationship between an unusual mix of lovers. Each bold personality drawing Lydia in, leads to her ex...
3.4K 73 14
People come and people go. Yet sometimes, they walk away, leaving grief and confusion within you. As if a whole tornado of emotions spun around your...
322 19 20
[ CHECK TRIGGER WARNINGS ] FAST-PACED AND QUICK CHAPTERS! WILL KEEP YOU ON YOUR FEET EASY TO READ AND FINISH Killian... Resilient, cold-blooded... a...