Falling for The Freak (Eddie...

By strangergvf0423

(Y/N) just moved into Hawkins for her senior year of high school and already she's being shown the ropes. Aft... More

Welcome to Hawkins High
Meeting 'The Freak'
A Week into Hawkins
A Hawkins Party (Pt.1)
A Hawkins Party (Pt.2)
The Tired After Party
Catching Up
The Movie
The Start of Something New
Late Night Talking
The Hideout
Jealousy, Jealousy (Pt.1)
Jealousy, Jealousy (Pt.2)
Bittersweet Company
The Funeral
The Distraction
A Much Needed Girls Night
Losing Him
Discovering the Truth
We Could Be Heroes
The Thought of You
The Waiting Game
Tears and Rain
Harrington (Pt.1)
Harrington (Pt.2)
With or Without You
Juliet's Secrets
This Is What Falling In Love Feels Like
Apologies
Whiplash
Harlow's Diner
Nightmares From The Past
Friendsgiving (Pt.1)
Friendsgiving (Pt.2)
Cleaning Up The Mess
Making Amends
Love and Glory
Confessions
Kicking Names and Taking Ass
Thanksgiving (Pt.1)
Thanksgiving (Pt.2)
The Cunningham Effect
The Kidnapping
The Feared Past and the Doomed Future
The plan ~without a capital 'P'~
The Master of Puppets
Fine Line
Everyone Requires A Plan
A Winter Romance
The Snow Ball (Pt.1)
The Snow Ball (Pt.2)
A Chaotic Morning
Hey, Hey What Can I Do
Team Work Makes the Dream Work
Surprise...
My Love
Hungry Like The Wolf
You're Dead, Wheeler
A Winter Wonderland (Pt.1)
A Winter Wonderland (Pt.2)
A Winter Wonderland (Pt.3)
Sweater Weather
Crazy In Love
My Mind is Drifting Away
Dreaming in Reality
Preparing for BAT-tle
Why Didn't You Run?
The Beginning of the End
Broken Bells
Your Protector
Tentpole Shangrila
The Weight of Dreams
Christmas Day (Pt.1)
Christmas Day (Pt.2)
Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner
Okay? Okay.
New Years Eve (Pt.1)
New Years (Pt.2)
Upside Down

Growing Up & Falling Apart

5.4K 174 443
By strangergvf0423

(Y/N)'s POV

"This wasn't an easy decision, honey. I'm so sorry." My mother gave me a worried look as I sat there in silence, trying to process everything that she just told me.

"If it was a mistake moving here then why the fuck did you do it in the first place? You knew what happened here and you put us in danger." I could feel myself getting angrier by the second as the pieces started coming together. I kept my stare on the floor as I bounced my knee anxiously. I couldn't believe them.

"It's not like that." My mother tried to reason. That was when my head snapped over to her and I gripped the edge of the table to keep myself under some kind of control.

"Excuse you? It's not like what? Did you or did you not know about the past about this place?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"Sweetie, we-" She started.

"Stop fucking calling me that." I stood up, pushing my chair back into the wall. My mother jumped while my father just stared, keeping silent. "I can't believe you guys."

"Then stay here." I looked over in shock as my father finally said something.

"What?"

"Stay here. We don't care." He repeated himself. My breathing was now getting out of control as he gave me that same look he used to. If these memories never came into my life recently then I would be shocked. I never remembered him acting or talking that way to me until my powers started to push through, opening my mind to my hidden past. "We just want Juliet, anyways."

"You have no right to take Juliet anywhere." I growled at him as I pointed my finger his way. This angered him more and I watched as he titled his head, keeping his eyes on my every move.

"Juliet is my daughter and I will take her if I need to." My father spat.

"And what about me? Am I not your daughter?" I could feel my heart racing as my hands trembled. I knew the answer to that question, but I wanted to hear him admit it.

"You're absolutely not." He responded.

"(Y/F/N)!" My mother turned to him in shock as she gasped.

"She's old enough to understand, (Y/M/N)." My father told my mother before standing up and stepping closer to me. "You're not my blood meaning you're not my daughter. You're a goddamn Brenner not a (Y/L/N)." Even though I already knew, it still broke me.

"Stop this right now!" My mother stood up behind him as she slammed her hand onto the table, but my father and I kept out stare on one another without flinching. We weren't backing down anytime soon. You would think he was my father with the way we competed with each other, but clearly I wasn't related to him.

"You'll always be a failed experiment and you'll never be my daughter. Never. Juliet and Brandon are my children. They are more powerful than you will ever be." He was raging at this point.

"You don't know anything about them!" I screamed. I wanted to cry from how passionate I felt about my siblings. They were my world and the man who stood in front of me knew nothing of the connection we share. "You were never there for them, I was. I took care of them when you were too busy doing god-knows-what. You didn't just fuck up the lives of your own children, but all the others that you experimented on. You both put us in a town full of danger and now look. Brandon is dead! I lost my brother because of your fuck up. Where were you guys? No where! I almost died! Where were you then? When all of this shit happened to Juliet and I, even my friends, you were never around. You didn't show up for the holidays or for anything important in our lives, so how about it stays that way. Just go and leave us behind. We didn't need you then and we certainly don't need you now." My chest was heaving from the emotions that were taking over my body.

"You're so pathetic." He laughed menacingly. My body was now shaking as I felt myself lose all control. "They're not your children, they're mine. We only kept you around because your mother felt bad for you and we needed a babysitter. Nothing else. You're nothing to us, so we are more than happy to leave you behind."

All of a sudden, I felt myself black out and woke up to find myself holding my dad up against the wall while my mother screamed. There was a hint of fear behind those dead eyes of his, but he tried to resist it as he stared at me.

"Get your shit and get the fuck out of our lives." I hissed at him.

"Or what?" He pushed back.

"Or I'll fucking kill you." That small amount of fear came out more as he looked over my face for any sense of lying, but he didn't find anything.

"You wouldn't dare." He didn't sound so confident now, making me smirk.

"Is that a challenge?" I laughed. He looked at me like I was crazy as I smiled. "I've been waiting for this day for a very long time. Let's get this shit over with then." I ripped him off the wall and slammed him onto the table.

"(Y/N), stop!" My mother tried to pull me off of him, but I was too strong for her. My anger turned me into another person. A person I didn't even recognize.

"Do it, coward." His words brought a different feeling inside of me. A deeper, more evil side of me.

I brought my arm back and brought my fist down onto his face as hard as I could. He just laughed and looked back up at me.

"Is that it?" He yelled. I swung at him again, over and over. He was spitting blood as I did as much damage as I could physically.

"(Y/N), listen to me. It's not worth it!" My mother begged. I didn't listen to anything she said. Instead, that evil inside me wanted more and I listened to it. I reached my arm out and watched as he floated into the air, choking on nothing. He scratched at his neck in a pleading way, but seemed helpless when he realized he couldn't stop the invisible source.

"Okay, okay, we can make a deal." My mother pleaded again. I tightened my fist, restricting more air from entering his lungs. "Let him down and we won't take Juliet with us."

"That's not good enough." I snapped at her.

"What more do you want?" She cried. I looked over at her and watched as her face changed to being scared as she looked at me.

"I don't want you coming back ever again. You will never communicate with Juliet and I." I began. I tried to think of more, but I didn't know what could be better than that. No more seeing my parents- or whoever these people were.

"(Y/N), that's a bit harsh." I tightened my grip on him as a warning. "Fine! Fine. Deal." I let go of my grip and dropped him down onto the floor. I listened to him gasping for air, satisfying the dark side of my mind.

"Now get out and leave." I warned her. She nodded and ran over to him, trying to hurry him to leave. As they walked across the kitchen, he turned back around and looked me dead in the eye.

"You're cut off. No more money and no more goddamn house!" He yelled as best as he could with his strained voice.

"I said get the fuck out!" I screamed as I threw a coffee mug that sat in the counter beside me. He dodged it and smirked over at me.

"You'll regret this." Was the last thing he said before they left. I stood there for a moment as I processed what just happened.

The thought them filled my soul with anger and sadness. This brought me into another blind rage as I picked up random, breakable things and threw them against the walls.

I screamed insults into the air as I broke every picture they were in. The 'normal, happy family' life was over. There was no more of it. I hated them both with every fiber in my body. Every second they were around me, they would ruin my life even further. The amount of emotional and physical abuse I had to endure because of them was overwhelming and I couldn't stand it. The name calling, the insults, punches, kicks, bruises, stitches. All the things that no child should have gone through, but I did.

I walked back into the kitchen and stupidly decided to punch one of the wooden cabinets with my already cut up fist. I bit my lip from the pain, trying not to show that I was hurt even with no one around.

I then slid down the wall and curled myself up into the corner as I cried. I cried for myself, for Brandon, Juliet, Jason, Andy, and all of the others that were hurt by my parents stupid mistakes at that lab. Max didn't have a brother anymore, El didn't have a father, and now other parents don't have their children because of them.

My loud sobbing had strained my throat enough to the point I couldn't make any noises anymore. I felt physically and mentally exhausted at this point. My eyes were dried up from being dehydrated by now.

I wiped my nose, flinching at the amount of blood and snot that stained my arm. I sighed deeply as I stood up and dragged myself up the stairs and into the shower, hoping that maybe with the water being hot enough it would burn everything away and wake me up from this terrible nightmare that's called life.

Eddie's POV

"Will is amazing! I absolutely adore him." Juliet giggled over to Dustin. I smiled as I glanced into the rear view mirror.

"Yeah, he's awesome." Dustin agreed. Juliet smiled and kissed his cheek, thinking I wouldn't notice. She looked away shyly as Dustin turned bright red in the darkness of the van. His eyes were wide as he touched his cheek where she left her sweet mark on him.

"Alright, Henderson. This is your stop." I spoke up as I pulled into his driveway.

"Th-" Dustin cleared his throat, trying to deepen his flustered voice. "Thanks, Eddie."

"No problem." I chuckled. Juliet grabbed Dustin's hand and pulled him out of the van, skidding the door shut behind them. I smiled, knowing the feeling that they shared. I felt the same exact way, except a lot stronger, towards (Y/N). I was excited to see her tonight. I mean, I'm excited every time I see her, but I'm not sure. Maybe this time will be different somehow.

"Time to go home!" Juliet scared me as she yanked the door open and jumped into the passenger seat.

"Said goodnight long enough?" I smirked over at her before backing out of the driveway and heading to her house.

"Oh my gosh, Eddie. Stop." Juliet hid her face, making me laugh. "I hate you." She groaned into her hands.

"You love me." I corrected her. Juliet peaked over at me and smiled.

"I do, but no one needs to know that." It sounded like a warning, making me smirk.

"Your secret is safe with me, bug." I pretended to sip my lips and lock it with a key, shoving the fake thing into my pocket.

"See? That's why you'll make such a great brother one day." I bit my lip, trying not to smile from Juliet's words. It made me feel warm inside that she viewed me as a brother and hoped for a future between her sister and I.

The rest of the ride was a little quiet as Juliet whispers the lyrics to the Christmas music. She was so much like her sister, but so opposite. (Y/N) would scream the lyrics, not caring how bad she sounded, but Juliet kept quiet and was shy about it. They both loved Christmas music a lot, though. It's cute to see from the both of them. Christmas is such a loving, family type of holiday and even after how they were raised and the environment they grew up in, they still celebrated the day as grand as they could. I can't wait to share all those future Christmas' with the both of them.

I pulled into the driveway and told Juliet that I would smoke a quick cigarette before going in. She nodded and went right ahead as I lit the butt of my stick. I inhaled sharply then let out a large cloud of smoke. I watched as the outside spotlights shined on the chemical air as it danced around.

"Eddie!" Juliet came running outside in a panic. I stood up straight and turned to look at her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"The house. Come look." She sounded like she was in distress, freaking me out more.

I threw the barely used cigarette onto the ground and stomped it out before running inside. I couldn't help but to gasp as I looked around the house. There was glass shattered all over with broken picture frames and cups scattering the floor.

"Alright, be careful." I warned her. I then told her to follow my steps and dodged as much glass as I could. I then ran up the steps and almost broke down (Y/N)'s door as I ran in looking for her. There she was. Her dark figure lying on the bed, underneath the comforter and quietly asleep. I sighed in relief, but was still on edge from what made the mess downstairs.

Juliet ran over to (Y/N)'s side of the bed and crouched down in front of her. I walked over beside her and my heart broke from her tear stained face that glowed in the moonlight.

"(Y/N)?" Juliet questioned as she shook her sister's shoulder. (Y/N)'s eyes fluttered open and stared confusingly back at Juliet. "(Y/N), what happened?"

That was when (Y/N) sobbed. My heart broke further as I ran to her side and pulled her into me. Her head laid in my lap as she held Juliet's hand.

"They tried to take you from me." (Y/N) cried.

"Who?" Juliet asked with concern.

"Our parents." The air left my lungs as Juliet glanced up at me in worry. "They tried to make us move and when I said no they told me to stay and that they were going to take you, but I wouldn't let them." (Y/N) let out another small sob as she tried to collect herself. "Then it turned into this big fight and they left while telling me they were cutting us off and taking the house."

"What?" Juliet gasped in disbelief.

"I couldn't let them take you, Juliet. I'm so sorry." (Y/N) gripped the edge of the comforter and brought it up to her face as she sobbed into it. Juliet and I both knew she wasn't in her right state of mind, so Juliet stopped her questions.

It wasn't long until (Y/N) fell back asleep and Juliet left her room. I sat there with no clue on what to do or to think. I hated her parents. I loathed them. They left (Y/N) a mess every time they showed up and they've been ruining her life for years. These are the parts in life they made me feel the most hopeless. I couldn't protect her from these past events and it killed me. I just wish she didn't have to deal with any of this. She didn't deserve it. She deserves the happiest life possible surrounded by the ones who actually love her.

I lifted (Y/N)'s head and brought it down onto the pillow. I made sure she was still asleep before going downstairs and starting my clean up. This was going to be a lot process.

—————————-

Author's Note

I should be asleep, but instead I wrote a sad chapter. Whoop, whoop🥳

I wasn't going to update since it's super late, but I couldn't sleep, so I wrote my thoughts down into the chapter. Let me know what you think since it's a different mood from the recent chapters and it's another chapter I'm worried about 😅

What is your favorite part that has happened in the book so far? I'd love to know :))

Goodnight darlings,

-E

P.S. I hope this was written well enough. I did it all on my phone, so there might be more mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 10 18
Everyone in Hawkins thinks your family is perfect. You hear it constantly through the town, and eventually grow sick of it. If only they knew the tru...
5.1K 230 16
Y/n Wheeler is the oldest child of the Wheeler family, the golden child if you must. She is a straight-A student and known as the Queen of Hawkins Hi...
103 1 1
(Stranger Things AU) Prom photos are posted at the end of the story! WARNINGS AND TRIGGERS: 18+ ONLY (ABSOLUTELY NO MINORS) NSFW... Mature sexual con...
572 3 24
It's 1986, Hannah and her dad just moved to Hawkins all the way from Boston. Unsure about Hawkins' acceptance of subculture, she finds herself in fro...