innocent (a wandavision story)

By widowswife00

"something isn't right here, wanda" ~~~ Emma Maximoff is the three year old daughter of Wanda and Vision, she... More

*✧・゚: *✧ cast *✧・゚: *✧
filmed before a live studio audience p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
flashback
don't touch that dial p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
now in color p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
flashback
on a very special episode p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
flashback
all-new halloween spooktacular p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
flashback
breaking the fourth wall p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4
flashback
previously on p.1
p.2
p.3
season finale p.1
p.2
p.3
p.4

p.4

1K 46 60
By widowswife00

Heyyyy! This is the last part to this episode and then we are onto the finale! Thank you so much for sticking with me through this book, although updates may have been slightly irregular, but I really do appreciate the reads, votes and comments. I may do a sequel which takes place during MoM, but that may be in a bit as I have another few books planned at the moments so bare with. Hope you all enjoy!

~~~

Wanda Maximoff storms into the SWORD facility, earning a few stares from on lookers, but the woman didn't care.

She strides over to the front desk and starts talking forcefully to the guard behind it.

"As you've been told-" The man tries to repeat again, getting tired of the conversation.

"Please..." The slightly younger Wanda cuts the man off. "Please. When I came back, he was gone. His... body."

Emma listens to the conversation with confusion. "Who's body?" She asks innocently.

The present Wanda's breath hitches slightly. "Just someone's, baby..." She didn't really want her daughter to see this interaction.

"Oh buckle in buttercup." Agatha scoffs. "You're in for a fun ride..."

"I know he's here. He deserves a funeral, at least. Me and my daughter deserve it." The past Wanda plays with her rings as she rests her hands on the desk, trying to control her emotions.

Suddenly the phone rings and the security guard picks it up.

"Yes, sir. Yes, she's still here." The man glances up at Wanda who was glaring into the security camera. "Are you sure, sir? Of course." He hangs up the phone with a nervous sigh.

"Through the doors, down the hall, two lefts and a right." He directs.

Wanda immediately starts towards the heavy duty metal door he was pointing too.

"One moment, I have to buzz you in-" The guard tries to tell the woman.

"I've got it thanks." Wanda replies, and without missing a beat she uses her powers to swing the door open, striding down the white halls of the SWORD headquarters.

Present Wanda with Emma in her arms and Agatha, follow along, Emma looking around curiously at the new surroundings.

"Dis place no vewy pwetty..." The toddler comments, resting her head on her Mom's shoulder.

"It's not supposed to be pretty, baby." Wanda tells her, focusing her attention back onto her other self from only a week or so before.

The Wanda follows the guards directions into an office where a tall greying man stood up from behind a desk.

"Wanda Maximoff." Hayward greets with a slightly forced smile. "It's an honor to meet you. Truly."

"Who are you?" Wanda asks in confusion.

Agatha snorts in amusement.

"Director Tyler Hayward." The man answers. "I understand you're here to see The Vision. To recover the body. Is that right?"

"Well I'm his next off kin." Wanda replies coldly.

"Please. There's something you should see."

Present day Wanda tears up slightly, the memory of what they are about to see, still painfully fresh in her mind.

"Then you'll give him to me?" Wanda questions firmly. "I have my three year old asleep in my car, so I can't be long."

Hayward nods sympathetically, before gesturing the woman towards a large glass door in his office.

"Just have a look..." He opens the glass door, allowing Wanda and the unseen group to step into a glass overview of a lab.

Wanda looks down and sees lots of people in hazmat suits, using equipment and power tools to move what looked to be random pieces of metal about.

"Mama, what's dat?" Emma asks, looking down at the people and the metal.

"It's just a machine, bubba..." Present day Wanda assures her daughter, kissing her head and doing her best to cover Emma's ears, not wanting her to know that it was her Dad.

"What is this? Why are you showing me this?" She asks in confusion, turning back around to look at Hayward.

"Because you asked to see it." He tells her, making Wanda spin back around with her breath hitched.

She slowly notices the metal to be parts of her boyfriends now dismantled body, and she lets out a short gaps when she sees his lifeless head laying on the table.

"Stop! Stop it!" She begs, putting her hands shakily against the glass. "What are you doing to him?" She spins to face Hayward accusingly, with tears in her eyes.

"We're dismantling the most sophisticated sentient weapon ever made." He answers, with no emotion.

"Vision is not a weapon." Wanda tells him firmly. "You can't do this!"

"In fact, it is our legal and ethical obligation to-" Hayward starts, a smug expression on his face.

"I just want to bury him. That's all I want." She cuts him off with tears flowing freely down her cheeks. "I want to let my daughter say goodbye to her father properly. Is that so much to ask?"

Hayward raises his eyebrows at Wanda's answer. "Are you sure?"

Present day Wanda permanently scowls at the man, while hiding Emma's head in her chest.

Agatha listens to the conversation intently.

"Excuse me?" Wanda questions with a firm voice.

"Not everyone has the kind of power that could bring their soulmate, and father of their child, back online." At Wanda's expression, Hayward quickly corrects himself. "Forgive me. Back to life."

Wanda stares at the man with slight disgust. "No, I can't do that... That's not why I'm here.

"Okay." Hayward nods. "But here's the thing:
I cannot allow you to take three billion dollars worth of Vibranium, just to put it in the ground. So the best I can do is let you say goodbye. Here."

Wanda walks forward and presses both hands against the glass, looking down at the love of her life behind taken apart like some sort of emotionless piece off machinery.

"He's all me and Emma have..." Wanda's voice cracks slightly as she speaks.

"Well that's just it, Wanda. He isn't yours. He's ours." Hayward tells her with a smug expression.

Wanda let's a tear fall down her cheek, before breaking the windows glass, making it shatter down into the operation room.

The doctors scatter in fear, and guards swarm with their guns pointed at the woman, as Wanda lowers herself into the room.

"Mama, why ou goin down?" The toddler asks, taking her pacifier out of her mouth to talk.

"Mama's got to just check something baby..." The present Wanda replies, kissing her daughters head and trying not to cry.

"Fall back. It's fine." Hayward calls to the guards, making them stand down. "Let her see for herself."

Wanda slowly approaches the slab that holds Vision's head. She cups his face gently, and her magic moves carefully from her hands to his temple. She closes her eyes, before opening them a few seconds later with a broken expression on her face.

"I can't feel you..." She whispers, tears falling freely down onto the body.

The scene then cuts to Wanda exiting the facility.

"Where ou goin Mommy?" Emma asks, lifting her head up to look at the new surroundings.

Present day Wanda doesn't answer, too afraid she will burst into sobs if she opens her mouth. That was a memory she never wanted to see again.

Wanda walks back to her car, where as the group approaches, they can hear cries coming from the inside.

The past Wanda opens the back door of the car and gently lifts out the crying Emma, starting to bounce her softly.

Present day Emma let's out a soft gasp. "Is me!" She squeals, clearly very confused.

"I'm sorry baby, did Mama leave you while you were sleeping?" Wanda asks the crying toddler, trying to soothe her, while keeping her own emotions at bay.

"Daddy!" The younger Emma cries, making both Wanda's hearts shatter.

"Daddy's not here baby..." Wanda tells the toddler softly, making her burst into another round off sobs.

"Wan Daddy!" Emma cries, making present Emma very confused and upset.

"Your okay hun..." Present Wanda comforts her, much like how the other Wanda was comforting past Emma.

Present Wanda quickly covers Emma's ears so she couldn't hear her other self crying, which helped calm her down as they continued to watch the memory.

Once Wanda had managed to calm her daughter down, she puts her back into her car seat with a bit of resistance from the toddler."

"Wan, Auntie Nat!" She shouts, as her Mom attempts to buckle her in.

"Auntie Nat is with Daddy honey, we talked about this..."

Death is a very hard concept for any three year old to wrap their mind around, but for Emma who's two favourite people had just disappeared, she was especially confused and upset.

Emma let's out a whine as her Mom closes the back seat of the car and takes a deep breath, before getting into the drivers seat, and glancing at the deeds to a plot of land that her boyfriend had left her and Emma.

Wanda starts driving out of SWORD headquarters, her mind set on where she wanted to go.

"Mama, where we goin?" The toddler asks, after they had been driving for a while.

"Home." Wanda replies blankly.

Emma frowns but doesn't press, the closest she knew to a home was the Avengers Compound, but apparently like a lot of other things, that wasn't there anymore...

"There's some snack and a drink in my bag, Em." Wanda tells her daughter, after a few more minutes of driving in silence.

Emma reaches across her chair and grabs her Mama's handbag, finding her sippy cup which was full of apple juice, and a little packet of biscuits.

She happily eats her snacks, momentarily distracted from all the unanswered questions in her head.

~~~

A few hours later they drive into a town called 'Westview, New Jersey.'

"W-E-S-T-V-I-E-W." Emma carefully spells out the sign. "Wesvew!" She cheers triumphantly.

Despite her sadness, Wanda forces a smile for her daughter. "Well done, baby! You're so clever!"

Emma grins proudly at her Mom's words, looking out of the window as they drive through a small town.

"Mommy... Why is everyone sad?" The girl questions, frowning at the sight of all the sad looking people.

"Maybe they are just having a bad day, Emmy." The older woman suggests, keeping her eyes fixated on the road, as she pulls up to a plot of land, with only the bottom foundations built into the ground.

"Where are we?" Emma asks in confusion.

"Stay here." Wanda replies simply, getting out of the car, and leaving Emma inside.

Emma let's out a small whine at being left again, and stretches her neck to look out of the window at what her Mom was doing after driving them out to the middle of nowhere.

Wanda walks slowly into the middle of the foundations, and looks at a piece of paper in her hands, which had the deeds of the house on, as well as a little heart reading 'To grow old in V.'

At the sight of the note, Wanda breaks down into sobs, falling to her knees.

Before Emma knew what was happening, her Mom screamed and suddenly her red magic burst from her body, making the toddler jump.

"Mommy!" She tells in fear, trying to get her Mom's attention by hitting the window. "Mamaaaaa!!"

Her yelling is no use though, as the chaos magic explodes out of Wanda's body, forming a house where foundations were only just there a few seconds ago.

Suddenly Emma blacked out as her Mom's magic rushed towards her, and turned the whole town into a black and white traditional 50's town.

With one final burst off power, Wanda creates her soulmate now back to life and dressed in a traditional 50's outfit.

Wanda gapes at her husband in shock, not believing that he was actually here.

As she steps forward, she shifts into her own 50's clothes as she continues to smile wildly at the man in front of her.

"Wanda." Vision smiles at the sight of his wife. "Welcome home."

Just then, an excited toddler comes running in from the kitchen, jumping into her Dad's arms.

"Daddy!!" Emma giggles, as her father picks her up and throws her into the air.

"Welcome home, princess!" Vision greets his daughter, smiling at her.

"What should we watch tonight?" Vision asks his two girls.

"Dic Dykey!!" Emma cheers, wriggling to be put down so she can run to the couch.

"Dick Van Dyke, it is." Wanda chuckles, walking over with Vision to sit next to their daughter on the couch, all smiling happily.

The memory fades away, leaving present day Wanda and Emma gazing at the fading scene in shock.

Wanda looks around, and realises that they are in a studio with a realistic looking set of their house.

Both Wanda and Emma jump as they hear clapping, and turn to see Agatha sitting on the far side of the studio.

"Bravo!" Agatha tells the woman sarcastically, who is quick to hold her daughter close to her chest in a protective manner.

Agatha clicks her fingers and disappears with a cloud of purple smoke.

"Dat was scawy..." Emma mumbles. "Wan go home..."

"We will go home soon baby, I promise. We just need to find-" Wanda is cut off by the yells of her boys.

"Mom! Mom! Help us!" Billy and Tommy shout from outside, making Wanda immediately sprint towards the exist of the studio so she is out in the street.

She runs with Emma down the street, and lets out a gasp when she sees Billy and Tommy being held back by two magic purple ropes, which was being held by Agatha, who was now wearing a very witchy like costume.

"I know what you are." Agatha tells Wanda coldly, pulling back on the purple strings, causing Billy and Tommy to choke.

"Biwy, Tommy!!" Emma screams in fear for her brothers, as she is placed down behind her Mom's body.

"It's okay, babies. It's okay..." Wanda tries to soothe the twins as she puts her hands up defensively towards Agatha.

"You have no idea how dangerous you
are. You're supposed to be a myth. A being capable of spontaneous creation, and here you are, using it to make breakfast for dinner." Agatha scowls, flicking her wrist and making Emma fly over and also be choked by a string of purple magic.

"Emma!" Wanda yells, her powers forming in her hands, as she glares menacingly at Agatha. "Let go of my children!"

"Oh yes, your children, Vision, this whole little life you made..." The older woman taunts. "This is Chaos Magic, Wanda. And that makes you... the Scarlet Witch."

I hope that long chapter made up for the lack of updates! Thank you all for sticking with me on this story! It means so much! I apologise for any confusing parts as the two Wanda's and Emma's was super hard to write

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 471 9
Lorna Maximoff the first born child of Vision and Wanda doesn't know who she is...at least not anymore. But when she wakes up with no memories in the...
2.1K 99 19
Y/N is the daughter of infamous witch Agatha Harkness. Living in the shadow of her mother always made Y/N resentful, but especially more so when her...
6.9K 257 6
When a thirteen year old Peter Maximoff had gone to bed last night he had no clue that he would be waking up in someone's front yard, where was he...
43.8K 896 5
Tommy, Billy, and Ashley: the Triplets. Children to Wanda Maximoff and Vision. Disappearance of Westview / the Maximoff Anomaly **I DO NOT OWN Wanda...