Treat You Better - Park Jeong...

By cocoaruto

"Cause I know I can treat you better...than he can." park jeongwoo trigger warnings will be given throught th... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII

VI

796 33 0
By cocoaruto

┌──═━┈━═──┐
chapter five
└──═━┈━═──┘

Yeri woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty. She walked to the kitchen, surprised to find Jeongwoo there.

"Why are you up?" She asked.
"I'm hungry." Jeongwoo said.

"Hold on..." Yeri said drinking a glass of water. "I can cook you some instant ramen..." She said.

"Thanks." Jeongwoo said burying his head into his arms.

"Are you okay?"

"My head just hurts...I think it'll be better after I eat." Jeongwoo told her.

She made ramen and put the pot in front of where Jeongwoo was sitting on the kitchen island.
"Here." She said, handing him a pair of chopsticks.

Jeongwoo slurped the noodles. And within seconds, half the pot of ramen was gone.

"Jeongwoo..." Yeri said, making Jeongwoo stop eating and look up at her.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I shouldn't have been rude."

"It's okay..." Jeongwoo said.

"Thanks for letting me know how much of a dick Haruto is. I should have known earlier..."

"That's how toxic relationships work Yeri. You don't realise how caught up you actually are. I don't blame you."

"How do you know so much about toxic relationships?" Yeri asked.

"My mom and dad." Jeongwoo muttered.

"Oh." Yeri muttered, not wanting to ask more.
Jeongwoo went back to slurping the rest of the noodles.

"You don't let that soup go to waste Jeongwoo!" the brunette said.

"Then what do I do?" Jeongwoo asked.
"Wait."

Yeri pulled out rice from the refrigerator and put it in the soup. Then she bought some seasoned seaweed form a shelf and crushed it and put it on top.

"Try it." She said, bubbling with excitement.

Jeongwoo took a bite if what she just gave him. He moaned out of satisfaction, his face turning red the next second.

Yeri laughed. "It's good right?"

"I can't believe I didn't try this before..." Jeongwoo said, tasting more as Yeri looked at him intently.

"What?" Jeongwoo asked, catching a glimpse of Yeri looking at him.
"Nothing... I like watching people eat the food I cook... even if it's instant food." Yeri said.

"It's amazing really." Jeongwoo said, putting the vessel into the sink.

"Thanks for this." He said.

"No problem." Yeri said.

She locked her eyes with Jeongwoo without realising.

Jeongwoo stared at her lips, how much he'd wanted to kiss them. This was the perfect chance.

Jeongwoo walked towards her and held her hand. "Yeri..." He began.
Yeri listened carefully. She didn't know what she was feeling. But one thing was sure, she felt butterflies in her stomach.

Give me a sign
Take my hand, we'll be fine

"Can I?" He asked, leaning in.
Yeri nodded as Jeongwoo pulled her even closer by her waist, ever so gently. Their lips were centimetres apart and Yeri closed her eyes.

Jeongwoo whispered, "You're so beautiful." before he enveloped her lips in his.

He kissed her slowly, feeling the softness of her lips against his.

She wasn't used to suck softness. She kissed him back, matching his pace. She put her hand against his chest.

After a passionate kiss, Jeongwoo put his forehead against hers.

Lost for words, she tooked up at the taller one.
He smiled at her softly, which she returned. He leaned in for another kiss.

***
Yeri woke up in her bed as the sun light hit her eyes. She realised what had happened last night so she fumbled around to look for Jeongwoo.

She realised he slept on the couch last night so she walked out.
"You're up." Hewon said.

"Morning." Yeri said, looking at Jeongwoo, still fast asleep on the couch.

"How did you end up in your own bed last night?" Hewon asked.

"It's nothing." Yeri said as Hewon shot her a look.
"Look at you moving on." Hewon said.

"I didn't sleep with him." Yeri said truthfully.
"Looking at the way you're red, something must've happened." Hewon observed, scrambling the eggs.

"We just kissed." Yeri blushed.
"Oh my god!" Hewon whispered. "I ship!" She said raising her hand, making Yeri blush.

"Go wash up now. Breakfast is almost ready." Hewon said.

Yeri came outside a few minutes later, all dressed up for university. She felt excited to for the first time in a while to go to uni.

Jeongwoo was up by now. "You're up." Yeri observed.
Jeongwoo's nodded.

"Come have breakfast Yeri." Hewon told her like a mom.
"Yes Eomma." Yeri mocked the girl, making her giggle.

"It's been a while since I've had Korean food for breakfast." Jeongwoo said.
"Why? Doesn't your mom cook Korean food for breakfast?" Hewon asked.

"She left us four years ago." Jeongwoo said, tasting the kimchi jigae. "It's really good!" He commented.

Hewon was at a loss of words after hearing Jeongwoo's simple comment. "Eat well you guys." She did before having a few bites herself.

Yeri heard her phone ring. So she ran inside to get the phone.

"Who is it this early in the morning?" Hewon asked, making Jeongwoo curious. He looked in the direction Yeri had gone into.

"Okay...See you at Uni....Bye..." Yeri said, coming into the dining room.

"Jeongwoo...Jihoon had called. He asked me if you were there."

"Oh shit I forgot to tell him...Wait... Where's my phone?"

"Jihoon told me you left your phone at Yedam's house and that Yedam told him that I took you home so he called." Yeri recited.

"Okay." Jeongwoo laughed.

"And Jihoon told you to shower here and he'll drop your clothes and your bag in a few minutes." Yeri said.

"Is it okay if I shower here?" Jeongwoo asked Yewon.
"Not in my bathroom but you can ask Yeri."

"Yes Jeongwoo...Don't worry about it." Yeri told him.

After breakfast, Jeongwoo hopped into Yeri's shower. As the water ran through his hair, he reached for the purple shampoo on the counter.

As the white liquid turned into foam, Jeongwoo realised that the entire shower room smelled like Yeri.

It was the scent that lingered after Yeri walked past him. The scent that drove him crazy. Through the falling water, He heard knocks on the door.

"Jeongwoo?" Yeri called.
"Jihoon's here."

"Bro." Jihoon said.

Through eyes closed shut to prevent shampoo from entering his eyes, Jeongwoo opened the door a little to peek at Jihoon.

He heard the elder sniff around a little. "Is that women's shampoo?"

"What do you expect?! You're in a woman's room." Jeongwoo asked , rolling his eyes in his head.
"Is Yeri in the room?"

"No she ran away before you opened the door." Jihoon answered.

"So give me my clothes." Jeongwoo said, extending his hand.

"Here." Jihoon said handing him a duffel bag. "But listen."

"What?"

"Stay away from Yeri. You don't know what Haruto is capable of. We don't want to get involved in whatever is going on between them." Jihoon said in a low voice.

"What are you talking about?" Jeongwoo asked.

"I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. And I have also seen that you have developed a particular liking to her."

"Hyung." Jeongwoo muttered, before closing the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 1.2K 40
Wherein they were supposed to be working as a partner but the girl end up doing everything. "A man hater who cannot hate you" {Under editing}
5K 425 16
"i like you, but i don't think we can do this." when areum likes him a lot but someone else had to ruin it. started :: 22 FEB 22 ended :: 22 AUG 22 ⠀...
39.9K 1.8K 72
A story of an arrogant boss and a hard working employee. #1 on ot12 Start: 13 March 2023 End: 4 May 2023
32.5K 2K 22
"Don't get me wrong. Cause I've never really liked you" Hyunsuk has been staring at Jihoon during lunch but never make a move on him • kindly excuse...