Bet It All On Neffex

By uhhmkay

Music...this gave birth to fame to some people. Whatever genre it was there are some who stood at it's pinnac... More

BIO
Simple Days
Meeting The Rebel
On The Way
A Short Chat
Mishaps
Day To Rest
*'Late Announcement'*
A Guest
A Visit?
A Short Muse
P(h)antomime

Showtime

2.8K 70 2
By uhhmkay

[Reconstruction in Progress]

You decided, you made a choice and you're willing to do it, not of pressure but purely your intention and intention alone. You stood, stretching your lower jaw to the side and this was a cue. 'Beatdrop' has activated and sands began to ooze throughout your clothes changing it to what it should be. Some even reached to your facemask and started to tweak it up a bit. The simple golden color changed into a fiery blue and you felt your eyes shift when it felt like an itch got scratched.

The air grew a bit warm as mana oozed. Your rat tail like hair hovered to the air stretching and flowing before it laid low a little. You took a deep breath and stared at the mirror making a faint smile form into your mouth as you looked at yourself.

A dark trenchcoat made of leather looked a little heavy but your used to it. It was long enough to cover the back of your shin but the front could only hide your abdomen. Your jeans also turned black as to fit the theme as well as your shoes.

You looked ready, you still had to sigh when you're getting nervous at the thought causing you to hop a little in place. As you did so, you closed your eyes and stopped moving entirely. You didn't breath as you let things flow slowly. In the dark you begin to see these white lines but this was just a skill of yours.

'Shellshock' came into play as it outlined the whole stadium. You can feel the restless audience when their steps were quite random. There wasn't any rhythm but this made it easier to find the stage. It was the only place that was wide yet somehow so calm.

You were sure of it so you took a step back from the sink and poured some mana to your right index finger. To think you'd be using most of your skills, looks like this is really as annoying as you thought.

You slit the air vertically as you left traces of your mana and this drew this pixelated like line azure like color. It wasn't new to you but you dug your fingers inside and spread it wide.

--------------------------------------------------
<3rd Person's Point of View>
--------------------------------------------------

On stage the lights were still off and the audience was getting bored. 8 minutes is already too long to wait when takes were given 5 minutes maximum but they waited. It's not that long when most had people to talk to but it's getting to them. The empty stage...it was definitely getting to their bad side.

That's when they heard it. That electric like sound as if a wires been cut. Paired with the static echo, all their eyes shifted to the what once the quiet stage.

They saw the same line you made crackling the sound as it slowly stretched into a circle. With the lights off they could only see the silhouette of a man when the only thing that's lighting up the stage was the portal he made.

Everyone couldn't figure out who or what came in but the portal disappeared leaving them in the dark except that logo. That bright blue light showing a logo that most can't seem to see clearly.

On another perspective, Kyra was huffing for air as she opened the door where the technicians responsible for everything that's happening to the stage was working.

All eyes on the girl as she went and grabbed the man who was behind a monitor screen. She can't see nothing but a small speck of the logo making her nod when this might be the cue.

"Turn the lights up," Kyra said making them confused.

"B-but Ma'am, there's no one there that we know off," said one of the crew agitating Kyra.

"I said turn it on," she growled as she looked at the one who asked. This made them all flinch and the one in charge of the lights did as they were told.

That large thud opened up the spotlights as it focused on you facing the microphone that was already out. The audience was confused to see you but there gazes didn't affect you when there's something more you had to do.

Quickly so Y/N whipped the things Y/N needed. Same azure like pixels began to appear as it formed a table, a table Y/N owned to be precise. It came with the laptop as well as 3 speakers the faced the whole stadium. Y/N had to fix a few things, he knew he had to worry when the gazes felt like spears that's preventing him from moving but he took control of his senses with a slow breath.  About time, he figured.

--------------------------------------------------
(Y/N's Point of View)
--------------------------------------------------

As you fixed the wires to connect to the main things you began to heard their chatter. Doubtful ones and that hastened your movements. Wires were connected and things were set so you opened up the laptop revealing the golden logo to the front row. 

"Neffex?" asked one of the girls in front making you look as your fingers were busy finding that folder. The way she asked didn't sound like she wanted to know what Neffex is, it sounded more of uncertainty.

The person who spoke was actually Lux as she was seated with the group you came with. You raised an eyebrow and hinted what's up but to the crowd, this was like a confirmation of your identity. Those who heard made their murmurs stronger but you just looked at the laptop. The murmurs held nothing but questions and you knew well that you can't answer.

Neffex, a musician that held no concerts, no live performances even with how famous he was, what makes today different? That's their thought about the artist so some eventually doubted that he was on a stage. You will have to prove it to them and they knew that so they waited.

Feeling the need to test everything out an ability activated on command. 'Mana Field', it's a pain but you could see the speakers lighting up meaning they're receiving the power they need. You immediately adjusted the area it could cover to prevent any mistakes and this resulted in covering your appliances. This made you widen your smile a little but you need to test one more thing as you looked at the microphone provided.

It can be removed from the mic-stand but you don't need to so you walked there with your main worry being that it might not work under the domain of Mana Field. You grabbed the back of the microphone and tried it out.

"Mike test? Everyone at the back do you hear it loud and clear?" Y/N asked with a higher pitch and a bit raspier than your usual voice as it spread towards the stadium.

The crowd however, recognized this voice of yours. Some were confused and some find this a little strange but there is one thing they all know. That stranger on the stage is none other than Neffex that they've been listening to for a while. Loud and clear baby!

Confused and surprised as they are, excitement overcame their minds as the audience cheered their praise making you chuckle but there's something else you need. You pulled your guitar out of nowhere with its own speaker and this made you feel the mana usage when it was beginning to suck some of yours. The instruments are few but your mana pool isn't something you can boast to others.

Still, you're confident you can pull it through, you know damn well you can pull this through. With that in mind, you wore the strap and grabbed the microphone with your right hand.

"Shall we get it on with the show?!" Y/N said and was immediately followed by the audience's cheers.

Your right arm reached for the laptop's touchpad and you went to the place you archived all the instrumentals. You figured to play something that made Neffex famous. You found it and pressed play.

You still know the chords and plucks so you followed it up with the slow and simple plucks with your electric guitar and soon the snares provided by the laptop came to play.

You took a quick breath and let the lyrics loose through the microphone.

Singing it live was way fucking different than when you record it. There was no room for errors but hey, you did well even without practice. You chuckled when the place turned into a bloody party, some jumping with the beat and some dancing to it. You feel a little accomplished making you sigh with relief but your heart throbbed making you groan away from the microphone when the toll is beginning to set in. 4 speakers, a laptop, and a guitar wouldn't be a big deal, the real problem lies on you having to amplify the sound to surround the stadium and not just blast it forward. This might deafen the people on the front row so you were also trying to maintain that.

It was exhausting if you're being honest and you actually want to leave. You peeked at the exit located on the right corner of this stage but were met with Kyra, Ahri, and Akali looking at you. Kyra still looked worried and shook her head hinting that Kai'sa's not ready yet. Akali also had that face of worry and Ahri's eyes were begging as her arms were clasped to her chest. It was irritating you really but a shout from the crowd made you look as they all soon joined in.

"One more, one more," the crowd repeated making you feel a little...strange. You thought they'd make you stop since you're just invading the K/DA's concert but this. This made you chuckle as you shrugged and removed the guitar's strap and let it rest on the table.

"All right then. This isn't released yet but I do hope you'll like it," Y/N replied through the microphone and their reply gave you a surprise.

"HELL YEAH!" they shouted. Sweat fell from the side of your face but your grin was still there as you tried to find that one song.

...Found it. It's a shame you have to play this even when you reserved it for next week but hey, you still have 3 upcoming songs besides this so might as well. The lyrics are a pain so you looked at a note on your laptop just to get that flow. A quick scan was enough to jog your brain so you bobbed your head when the music was playing inside your mind. Now you plan to let them hear the same so you pressed play.

You heard the violin playing and you're just glad that some of the vocals were added here for support so you just took the microphone away from the stand and sat beside the laptop as you faced the crowd. Here you fucking go!

--------------------------------------------------

"Cuz I don't give a fuck what you say
Yeah, Imma do shit my way
So you can go kick rocks, Imma stack bricks up
Build what I want to make," the background vocals from the laptop brought out so you immediately followed it up as you gripped the microphone.

"Yo, I gotta lot of shit to say, so Imma do this every day
I'll be writing things until I'm fucking buried in my grave
Six feet deep under, but my body won't decay
'Cause my messages are timeless, so they'll put 'em on display
Oh yeah, I rap with a certainty, I have a sense of urgency
A message for eternity, for everyone internally
I had some people burning me, but now they fucking learning see
I ain't the one to fuck with, now they lookin' nervously
And I don't really care what you think of me respectfully
You can kick rocks if you think you're fucking better see
I will out work you, turn you to an enemy
Hurt you so bad that you gonna need some therapy (that's right!)
I got the mother fucking recipe
I been cooking up hits, Imma leave a legacy
You'll be looking small when you standing right next to me
I'm 5' 10" bitch, but I'm 10 feet mentally," you rapped as you looked at the crowd.

"Hooh!" the crowd joined in after that part of the rap. They seem to be enjoying it as the glowsticks were beating with the same flow all unified from the back until the front. The laptop let the chorus loose but you also sang with it since the beat soon would be enough for you to take a small breather

"Cause I don't give a fuck what you say
Yeah, Imma do shit my way
So you can go kick rocks, Imma stack bricks up
Build what I want to make
'Cause I don't give a fuck what you say
Yeah, Imma do shit my way
So you can go kick rocks, Imma stack bricks up
Build what I want to make
Yeah, Imma do it my way!
Yeah, Imma do it my way!" the chorus!

The beats and synths played down making you look at the audience and now the glowsticks are going sideways. There are a couple who didn't sway with them because they were already dancing to the song. You're surprised they're dancing to something like this but it's not like you hate it. One familiar beat suggested you should prepare cuz it's your turn.

"I can't contain it, I'm coming out with a statement
"You've really changed man, all your music and arrangement"
You don't know shit, shut your mouth, you can save it
I'm the same dude that got his come up from the basement
A hundred songs a hundred weeks didn't change it
Experiments, development, intelligence and patience
I'll do it all again, 'cause I never feel complacent
Let's keep the good vibes, positivity's contagious
I'm never looking back, 'cause I made a life that's passionate
A college graduate suppressing all his talents yet
He found a way to go and change, become an advocate
For taking control of your life, go out and battle
And you think you have a dream then act on it
Get after it, get out your head and fucking capture it
You got one life to master it
Don't give up on your future
We all start losers
We're all late bloomers, gotta struggle through the sewers," you sang and took a deep breath when you needed that.

You were surprised you pulled that part off at once cuz back in your workplace, it took you two separate takes. The crowd was quiet as you rapped but when you were done with it they cheered and some of the girls even did those hearty screams. You grinned as you were sweating and your heart was slowly beginning to burn. Not yet, you thought since the music ends with the final chorus that the laptop's playing already. You provided support and sang with what remained of your will.

"Cause I don't give a fuck what you say
Yeah, Imma do shit my way
So you can go kick rocks, Imma stack bricks up
Build what I want to make
'Cause I don't give a fuck what you say
Yeah, Imma do shit my way
So you can go kick rocks, Imma stack bricks up
Build what I want to make
Yeah, Imma do it my way!
Yeah, Imma do it my way!" you sang and let the laptop go on with the beat.
--------------------------------------------------

It was close to ending and you just observed this crowd. It made you sigh with relief because you didn't expect the crowd would actually be entertained. You're glad about that and were about to relax but your heart throbbed in those painful throbs so you let the pain seep by letting out a muffled groan. You still had some mana yet but it's close to reaching the optimal limit. The painful throbs also stopped and you could only sigh as you looked at the laptop. The music reached its end so you just chuckled, you can't use 'Ghostly Steps' right now since it's on cooldown so you guessed you have to walk out of here. You were about to look at the exit but then you heard it.

"Neffex, Neffex, Neffex!" a voice with such loudness shouted. This made you flinch and look in the direction where the shout came from but soon the others followed. You looked around the stadium as they shouted the name and their lightsticks swayed with the cheer. Even though the pain was scratching your mind, you felt...great. You however knew that this is the end of it so you just clenched the microphone and raised it to the air. The action was nothing more than expressing the feeling of victory. You winced at the exit stage and saw the ladies looking at you with brimming eyes.

Kai'sa looked a little better when her cheeks showed color, Akali with a wide smile as she too was cheering the name from that side. Evelynn and Ahri were just smiling their relief and you can't see Kyra anywhere.

This made you realize they were ready so you looked back to the crowd as you lowered your arms and took a theatrical bow. You realized that some lost the power in their voice but that just made them applaud your performance. You placed the microphone back and grabbed the guitar with your left arm as you walked backwards only for you to wave goodbye to the crowd. You then turned your body to where you're walking as you placed the guitar on your shoulder as if it was a hitting bat.

You got out of the crowd's view and were greeted by the ladies in silence. Not the bad one but you figured they might be a little intimidated. Your height grew thanks to the shoes and it was enough that Evelynn's height could only reach up to the base of your neck.

You scratched the side of your head when that wasn't your intention but you saw how they were looking at you with a different gaze. They seem amazed, surprised even that Akali was looking at you with her mouth open in awe. Evelynn was observing you but her eyes still showed relief more than anything else.

You saw how Kai'sa looked better especially when she had the strength to look stunned at your presence. Ahri was no different but you figured to break the ice. You can't help but chuckle at their reactions when you once looked at them with the same gaze a while ago. You placed your guitar on top of your foot just as the lights on the stage grew dim, a couple of staff went there as well and started removing your things off for the next performance. 

"Go and prepare already!" Y/N said enthusiastically since you figured it's a best way to send them out. This confused the ladies so you cleared your throat and clarified.

"This show belongs to you, it's your responsibility to open and close the curtains so go," Y/N continued as you looked at them. Seems like they understood when they stood straight and started to face each other, they whispered some things while you were just trying to find Kyra. She's the only one who knows that Y/N is connected to Neffex and you wanted to hide that fact.

"Sir..." Ahri said and soon got confused when she can't think of a way to address you, you just chuckled and just leaned your body forward to the point it had the same level as Ahri.

"Neffex is fine enough, it's a pleasure to meet you ladies but time is tight so it's best for you to get ready," Y/N replied as you looked at the girl. Ahri knew that of course she can't help but wish to talk with you but for now she simply smiled and nodded.

"R-right, ladies...shall we?" Ahri replied as she turned to her peers. They nodded with a smile and went back to the area to do some light makeups...probably.

Kyra came in exchange and she was breathing heavily. Seems like she ran all the way here, she then took a deep breath as she stood straight only to bow down again making you confused.

"I-it's an honor Sir and thank you. Thank you very much," she said so you just sighed.

"Hey no worries, it's not like I did something great," Y/N replied. You however were busy thinking about how to shush her up about Y/N. She stood back up and you just smiled behind your mask when that cheeriness on her face was back.

"Kyra," Y/N said causing her to flinch when she didn't introduce herself. You didn't need to explain how cuz there are more problems right now.

"W-what is it sir?" she asked nervously with trembling lips as she smiled.

"Put my instruments somewhere that it wouldn't bother anyone. I'll be taking it back soon through my ability so no need to put it in a box," Y/N said as you gave her your guitar. She took it and was just surprised when it was a heavier than she thought. You however found an interesting way to make her quiet.

"And Y/N Savage...nrghh," Y/N growled making her flinch when she was surprised by the name. You however was just angry that you can't feel if you're reaching your limit and might collapse at any moment.

"Tell that cunt a debt is paid," Y/N said in a deep and growly tone as your eyes glowed a bit brighter. In Kyra's view, it's clear you were mad, very mad when the hair on her nape was beginning to stand. She replied in a nervous nod and you just placed your right palm on her shoulder.

"I have no connection to that man, not anymore," Y/N said in a calmer tone and walked past her straight outside the area. You met a lot of personnels who when they saw you, made way and whispered to themselves but you just walked straight to the toilet.

You went inside one of the rooms and sighed when your mind was foggy. You're exhausted that's obvious but you just deactivated 'Beatdrop' and removed your facemask to cool your cheeks off. It was nice but you know you had to go back to the VIP room, you pat your pockets and was glad that you still have the key.

You walked back to the place all while your mind was in daze. When you arrived the K/DA were already performing but you just sat on the couch and looked at the sky. 'Mana Field' is still active by now and you were just waiting. Waiting for it to suck you dry as you looked at the sad horizon. It's beginning to drizzle yet you can't hear any of it thanks to the music and the cheers in the background. You just froze as you waited.

Time skip to a lot of minutes and Ahri was walking to where you are. The show just finished and the K/DA already bid farewell to the audience, what she needs to do was to escort the VIP backstage for their own time of QnA. She arrived and knocked on the door where Y/N answered.

"Ah miss Ahri," Y/N said and Ahri replied with a smile.

"Please follow me Y/N and lock the door once you leave," she said making you nod. You did that and followed Ahri who was already walking the hallway.

The air around you was quiet as you walked the stairs but it's not like any of you hated that. Ahri was just thinking deeply hence the silence.

She was a little mad because something bad happened but she was grateful Neffex came to save their ass. Ahri wanted to talk to him but when she asked Kyra where he was, he already left. She missed her chance for a conversation and she felt a bit regretful. Ahri removed the thought and told herself she should be glad Neffex even came.

"Ma'am here's the key," Y/N said out of nowhere making her flinch as she turned to look at you. It was the key to the VIP room and she smiled as she took it.

"Did you enjoy the show Y/N?" she asked when the two of you reached the end of the stairs.

"Yes ma'am, it was great. It's a shame Neffex came to ruin your schedule though," Y/N replied. That sentence made Ahri feel a bit pissed because to her you didn't know anything that happened to Kai'sa. Still, she kept her cool as she looked forward and ignored Y/N for a moment.

"No, he didn't ruin anything. In fact, he saved us some time," she replied and waited for your response.

"Ah, was he a part of it?" Y/N asked when you just wanted to plant some evidence that he wasn't you.

"W-well, something happened. Would've been so bad for us but thankfully he was able to give us the time we needed to fix the problem," she replied. Silence again but you just waited until you were near the exit before speaking.

"Ma'am, this is my stop," Y/N said making Ahri turn to you with an eyebrow raised. Her expression then turned to normal when she figured you didn't know any other perks of the VIP so she chuckled as she shook her head and continued walking. She can't help herself but giggle when she didn't expect someone wouldn't know the perk.

"Y/N as our VIP you have the chance to ask us questions privately. How about we start now?" Ahri asked expecting a quick reply but there wasn't any. She waited as she walked but a few seconds went by irritating her when you could just say yes or no.

You couldn't, you couldn't speak nor can you manage your whole body making you plop to the ground as your view was dimming out. 'Mana Field' had been running the entire time and you were given the chance to decide a while ago. Whether you'll overuse the mana and shut down inside the VIP room or let it run as weak as you could hoping you'll get the chance to go home.

You chose the 2nd option but you miscalculated everything, you thought the show ends after their performance but they still used 10 minutes to satisfy the audience, not with the usual music and dances but to answer the QnA that has been accumulated in the past month. That made you anxious and wanted to leave but you felt responsible to stay in this place until it was done.

After that, you were about to go home through a cab and by the distance you could arrive in less than 15 minutes but Ahri knocked first just as you were about to head out. The second most crucial mistake was that Ahri was a Vastayan, creatures that mana favors along with yordles and she was attracting a lot of it. Mana Field uses your own mana to take control of natural mana around and even when you thinned the area to the point it was just circling you, the mana was still immense to the point you who thought you could last 20 more minutes turned into a mere 3.

You were on the ground as you looked at your palm which slowly loosened as your body was beginning to relax. The floor felt so cold and on the edge of this dimming consciousness, you were able to see Ahri's silhouette running to you.

"Haah, you really are a moron sometimes," a voice so deep and raspy whispered into your mind and that was the only thing you heard before your brain shutted down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 478 7
REWRITTEN INTO SKYVIEW DISCONTINUED As CEO of the famous record company UAM Entertainment, (Y/N) (L/N) had it all. Good looks, money, and all the pow...
40K 1.2K 30
Y/N, better known as "B4S3D", is an artist, a damn musical genius, or... in other people's eyes, a deadbeat with a "crappy" degree and mountains of s...
78K 1.2K 26
K/DA X Neffex M reader
267K 6.7K 67
Only matured rating due to explicit language use, but wholesome all around! :D ▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖▖ Y/n Y/m/n Y/l/n, or Y/n Y/l/n, is the newly trans...