Shooting for Her Heart

By musicrider

Kurosaki (F/n) is a very kind girl that everyone knew well. Being able to be part of the generation of Miracl... More

shoot 1
shoot 2
shoot 3
shoot 4
shoot 5
Shoot 6
shoot 7
shoot 8
Shoot 9
shoot 10
shoot 11
shoot 12
shoot 13
shoot 14
shoot 15
shoot 16
shoot 17
shoot 18
shoot 19
shoot 20
shoot 21
I'm sorry
shoot 22
shoot 23
shoot 24
shoot 25
shoot 26
shoot 27
shoot 28
shoot 29
shoot 29.5
shoot 30
shoot 31
shoot 32
shoot 33
shoot special Halloween edition
shoot 34
shoot 35
shoot 36
shoot 37
shoot 38
shoot 39
shoot 40
shoot 41
shoot 42
shoot 43
shoot 44
shoot 45
shoot 46
shoot 47
shoot 48
shoot 49
shoot 50
shoot 51
shoot 52
shoot 53
shoot 54
shoot 55
shoot 56
shoot 57
shoot 58
shoot 59
shoot 60
shoot 61
shoot 62
shoot 63
shoot 64
special chapter
shoot 65
shoot 66
special charter part 1
special chapter part 2
shoot 67
shoot tip off 67.5
shoot 68
shoot 69
shoot tip off 69.5
shoot 70
shoot 71
author note
shoot 72
shoot special: Kagami special
shoot 73
shoot 73.5
shoot 74
shoot 75
shoot 76
shoot 77
shoot tip off 77.5
shoot 78
shoot special: a winter wonderland
shoot 79
shoot 80
shoot 81
shoot 82
Shoot 83
shoot 84
shoot 85
shoot 86
shoot 87
shoot 88
shoot 89
shoot 90
shoot 91
shoot 92
shoot 93
shoot 94
shoot 95
authors note
shoot special: Akashi special
shoot special: Midorima special
author note
shoot special: Kagami special
author note

shoot special: summer help

733 15 0
By musicrider

Hello everyone sorry for not updating the past month I was out of town for almost a and didn't have access to the internet where I was at. I recently got back last week and I'm still getting back to how things were but while I was away I was able to work on a few chapters for a few books. So I apologize for not informing you guys about this and enjoy this chapter with haikyuu characters involved.

Your POV

"Why? Why out of all days did this have to happen!" I said as I lay on the floor in my jean short and a tank top. Tetsu went to visit his family and I didn't want to bother them so I made up a lie about having plans, now I regret it. If this is my punishment for lying I get it I won't lie to Tetsu again.

"At least Nigō is with Tetsu," I looked at the time and sigh seeing that it was not even noon.

'Why is time so slow today!?' I was starting to consider going to the studio to get out of the house but then all the kids would want me to help with their dance lesson. I don't mind but I just don't have the energy today or mental strength to not snap as I do with Kagami.

As I began to think of other places my phone rang and without thinking I just answered without checking who it was.

"What do you want?"

"Woah did I disturb the kitty from her nap?" Kuroo said on the other side of the line.

"Oh it's you rooster, do you need something?" I said annoyed that he would tease me.

"I do, now that you ask, can you help me out with a new member of our team? He's talented with his height but he's only relying on that and I think he needs a reality check. So who other than you to teach that to him?"

"Why me? You could have your coach do that, so why are you asking me?"

"Well it's cause Lev's an idiot and your able to keep idiots in check," he said as I sigh seeing that most idiots don't learn fast with teachers much older.

"Fine text me your location I'll be there soon," I said as I got up and get ready. I took a quick shower just in case and picked an outfit that I can move easily today. I filled up a water bottle grab my bag and a hat that my grandfather sent me as congrats for winning the grand Prix.

Kuroo POV

As Kurasuno began their first lap I waited for her to arrive so Lev can see height doesn't matter when it comes to a strong opponent.

"Excuse me," Someone called out as I looked and see kitten coming in with her hat on.

"Can I help you?" One of the coaches asked as she bowed to them.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you but Kuroo asked me to come to help them out with someone's skills. I do apologize for disturbing your training camp," she said as I walked over.

"Hey, coach I should have told you that I call in a friend to help Lev out with his blocks." He seem a bit suspicious of her but seeing that she wasn't reacting at all he allowed it.

"Fine but just for today," he said as let her walk into the gym.

"So who's Lev?" She asked as I sigh and looked over where Yaku was yelling at him to get it right.

"That's Lev over there, do you think you can whip him up to shape?" I asked as she took off her hat and handed to me her bag and hat.

"Go easy on him even if he annoys you," I said as she waved back.

'That poor guy hope he can read her mood 'cause I can tell she's not in her cheerful mood.'

Your POV

As I walked over to the guy that was laying on the floor complaining that he was tired from receiving the ball. I lightly kicked his leg to know I was standing near him. He looked up and sat up and smiled seeing that we'd never met.

"Hi, can I help you with something?"

"Just get up already, we don't have time to waste on you complaining," I said as he chuckled thinking I was joking.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh you were serious, but you're so small how can someone this small teach someone tall like me?" He said as he patted my head. I grab his hand and twisted causing him to cry for help.

"Listen here I'm not wasting my time to help an ungrateful brat who sees someone shorter than them as a weakling. Kuroo called cause you needed help and I had nothing better to do. So unless you want me to treat you like how I treat Bakagami when we first met then I suggest you shut up and listen unless you want a broken wrist," he yelped calling for help but everyone on his team just ignored his cries.

"If you thought your current training was hard then get ready to receive my training from Hell," he began to shake as dragged him away from the other guy.

Kenma POV

"Looks like Lev is getting tortured to death by her," Yuka said as we see him being hit by the ball whenever he makes mistakes.

"Hey Kenma who's that helping Lev?" Shoyo asked as Lev cried for help.

"That's Kurosaki (F/n), she's a close friend of Kuroo but she's way out of his league." He was about to say something but we see Lev start to run.

"Lev I wouldn't run she-"

"Ahhhh!" He got hit with the ball and by the looks of it, it had enough strength to knock him down.

"Stop whinging if you're going to cry then I'll make sure you'll wish you never disrespect me from the beginning got it!" She yelled as she dragged him back.

"I tried to warn him, no one can escape her watch, especially with her skills," I said as Shoyo was amazed by her skill.

"Woah do you think she can teach me too?!" He asked I was surprised that he was willing to go to her for help.

"You sure, 'cause you just saw Lev trying to run away," I said as he nodded meaning he was determined.

'I hope he won't regret this,' I walked towards where Lev was in a headlock of some kind.

"Hey Lev try not run away she's much quicker than you," I said as she let go of him.

"Hey Kenma how's training going?" She asked as I sigh.

"Exhausting I just want to play my game and not come out of my room." She smiled as she kept her foot on Lev to make sure he didn't run.

"Well, at least you're making friends right?" She asked as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"I guess so," she smiled as Shoyo was jumping with excitement.

"Is he one of your new friends?" She asked as I nodded and waved for him to come up and meet her.

"(Y/n) this is Hinata Shoyo from Kurasuno high, Shoyo this is Kurosaki (Y/n) from Seirin high, she's also a first-year like you," I introduced as his eyes sparkled.

"It's nice to meet you, how tall are you by the way?" He asked as she thought.

"I guess around 160cm or somewhere near there but Tetsu is a bit taller than me and he's 168cm. What about you?" (A/N: if you're taller than that I do apologize but just for the story your 160cm.)

"Well I'm 162.8cm, I know on the short side but that's fine because I can jump high in the sky!" He said she was surprised but smiled seeing that he was using everything he had to play.

"I see, then there's no doubt in my mind that you'll surpass many difficult matches, but I doubt those difficulties will be no match for you."He nodded seeing that she was honest with her words.

"By the way, if you don't mind me poking your brain a bit, by any chance is there a guy that goes by Azumane Asahi?" She asked as he nodded.

"Yep he's our ace," he said as she smiled.

"Do you mind bringing him here for a bit?" He nodded and went to get him.

"What are you going to do with their ace?" I asked as she smiled innocently.

"Just a little chat, Rika told me in case I see him give him a few encouraging words," she said as I felt sorry for the guy and seeing how Lev is still laying on the ground he might not survive.

'Hope he had a good life.'

Your POV

As I gave Lev a tiny break from my training I decided to see what the other teams are like and with my luck, I ran into Rika's older cousin. If there's a God of fate then I thank you for this opportunity. As the hyper-orange hair guy comes back with Asahi he seems curious about our conversations.

"Hey Asahi, you probably don't remember me from a few tears back, I'm Kurosaki (F/n), I used to dance with Rika for a while." He smiled and nodded.

"Oh I remember you, it's been a while since I last saw you and Rika together. I heard you're going to school nearby here right?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yep I go to Seirin and I know Rika is at Yosen in Akita. Have you been able to talk to her?"

"Yeah she came to our school for a joint practice for the basketball club but from the two guys that were with her she seems to be having fun in her new school," he said as I smile feeling a bit of relief that she was doing alright.

"That's good I was a bit worried since I found out she went to Yosen but since you said that I don't have to worry about her much." He seem a bit surprised that I was a bit happy about his opinion as the orange hair boy seem like he was looking back and forth between our conversations.

"It might not be right of me to say this but thank you for protecting Rika back at Teiko," Asahi said causing me to blush.

"So she told you," he nodded as I hid my face.

"She also told me that you helped her find her confidence to voice her opinion and I am honestly a bit glad she took the first step on the right path. We are a bit alike which is why we got along so easily but when she gets mad she is a bit terrifying and I get scared of her easily." I was a bit confused by his words but then again I'd never seen Rika angry before so I wouldn't be able to say.

"Um, Asahi do you know each other?" He asked as he nervously laugh.

"Sorta my cousin and her are old friends."

"Rika-chan and I use to go to the same school and we use to dance together," I explain as he took a step back.

"What you mean your Kurosaki-san she mention?!" He yelled as I sigh.

"I guess she still using my last name but yes that would be me," he was so surprised that he bowed to me.

"Please teach me how not to be nervous before a game!" He asked as I was a bit surprised.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"You see every game, whether it's a practice or a real game, I get nervous and I sometimes throw up or have stomach aches. Rika-chan told me that you know how to handle that type of problem so I was wondering if you could teach me too," He said as I smile.

"Geez first Ayame and now Rika," I mumbled as I thought about how to help him.

"Tell me is there something you like to enjoy when you're not playing?" I asked as he nodded.

"Well consider that as your top priority and play like it's the last one on earth. That's what I do when playing basketball, and with Rika-chan I just help her imagine like we're the only ones dancing as we do at the studio."

"I'm not sure if that will help me in my games," he said as I nodded.

"Well, are you scared of something?" He shook his head.

"Yeah Kageyama when he's angry that alone almost scared me to death," he said as he shook.

"Well use that, sometimes fear can help before a game. I'm sorry if I'm not much help."

"No it's fine but I think it might work even if I'm a decoy I still think it might work."

"Decoy or not your team needs you, I've seen a few games from Kurasuno, who knows you might be the next tiny giant that Kurasuno once had?" He had determination in his eye and bowed.

"Thank you for your help Kurosaki-san!" He said as I blush.

"Please just call me (F/n) were friends?"

"Okay (F/n)thank you for the advice," he said as he ran towards his team.

"You make a great teacher if you want to be," Asahi said as I chuckled.

"Maybe but I have other plans for my future, like my teammates beating Yosen at the winter cup. We don't plan to lose against anyone, even if we're friends," he smiled placing his fist in front of me.

"I can't say much about your games but I know the feeling, Kurasuno isn't going to back down either and we plan to win each game at the spring tournament too," I smirked and place my fist on his.

"Then you better win or else I'll send Rika-chan to Kurasuno to teach you a dance lesson," he nodded as I heard a moan of pain.

"Lev break time is over, get up your training isn't over until I say so! Unless you don't want dinner then I suggest you get a move on!" He groan as he got up I grab the ball and aim at him with a quick shot serve which he barely was able to hit it.

"Hey, I wasn't ready!"

"Your opponent won't wait until you are ready so you better be ready the minute you're on the court," I lecture him as he got ready.

'We still have a lot of work for him."

Kuroo POV

After a few hours of practice, lev seem to have gotten a bit better and it looked like he even has a bit more respect for kitten. Though I'm not sure is out of fear or if he respects her as an athlete.

"You think he'll live after this," Yaku ask seeing that we were starting to clean up for the day. Lev, on the other hand, seem to not be in luck cause he was still training with kitten after we finished.

"Probably but it's for him to understand that size doesn't matter in this sport," I said as someone knocked at the door. We looked over and there wasn't anyone there."

"Was it just the wind or something?"

"Excuse me," we looked behind us and jump seeing a blue hair guy standing behind us.

"Who are you and how long have you been there?" Yaku yelled as I finally recognize him.

"Wait your (F/n) friend the one who lives with her, Kuroko, right?" I asked as he nodded.

"You might want to duck now," he said as he got down and we did what he said when the ball passed over our heads. I could tell by the sound when it hit the ground that it would have been strong enough to knock us out cold.

'That was a close one!'

"(F/n) you ready to go home?" He asked as she notice him and smile.

"Tetsu your back from your visit?" She asked as we stayed where we are.

"Yeah they asked why you didn't come too and my mom send us some food to eat dinner tonight," he said as the conversation like nothing had happened.

"Yeah I'll visit them next time with you I just didn't want to disturb your family time by being out of place." She smiled but I can tell that's a sad smile immediately, I may not know much of her past but I know enough that family is important to her. She likes to keep things to herself and I don't want to make her feel obligated to tell me what happen to her family.

"Um, Kuroo what are you and Yaku doing?" Kenma asked as we got up.

"Oh nothing just taking a break," I said as we both got up.

"So kitten you think Lev has learned his lesson?" I asked as she looked at him laying down with a red mark on his head.

"Well he is out cold now, so I do believe he's learned his lesson," she said and I couldn't help but chuckle at how brutal she can be.

"Thanks for the help I owe you for this," she smiled and grab her things.

"It's no problem you helped me out by not having a boring day so we're even," she said as I smile and walked her to the door.

"So I heard you're going to the winter cup, you excited?"

"More or less, there's a high chance I'll run into my ex, and honestly I rather go on a date than see him again." I started to wonder just what cause the breakup to make her refuse to see him.

"You sure cause I'm always available," she laughed as stopped.

"Let's be real I'm not ready for another relationship and I know that my heart can't take another painful event so it's best if I avoided that until I'm ready again."

'Another painful event?"

"Anyway if you ever need help with the team let me know I'll bring the coach next time and she is far more brutal than me." She waved goodbye and walked towards her friend I had forgotten that he was there.

"Hey make sure you win the winter cup!" I yelled as they look at each and smiled.

"Thanks," Kuroko said as she turn back to say something.

"And you better win the spring tournament, if you don't I'll make you wear a maid outfit Kuroo," she said as I began to imagine myself in a maid out and shook my head not liking the image at all.

'Guess I have to work hard to not wear the maid outfit.'

------

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter again sorry for not warning you about this I've been trying to get everything edited and make sure I haven't spelled anything wrong or confuse the story. I'll update soon as I can and I hope you guys enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 8.9K 47
Juri Kurosawa was known as the quiet chubby girl of Teiko Middle School, even though she was close with the strongest basketball team within schools...
147K 4.6K 34
[ Aomine x OC ] "Love is vicious, it tears you apart as soon as you start to believe you could have it all." Miyoshi Riyo grew up with Aomine. They w...
82.6K 1.5K 61
MY VERY FIRST ONE SHOTS + WHAT IFS COLLECTION..!! The miracles are major hits when it comes to basketball but, can they handle, LOVE?! Get ready to...
119K 3K 16
First Kuroko no Basket fanfic o.o Tetsuya's sister has come to him after 3 years apart. Of course he's older than her. She goes to Yosen but is alway...