𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐮𝐫�...

By dreammcatcher

"You're angry, frustrated. You want some form of release. I can help you with what you want." I drop my hand... More

Author's Note and Character Aesthetics
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
Epilogue - One
Epilogue - Two
Exclusive Chapters
Spin-Off: REIGN (Everett's Story)

SIXTY ONE

12.9K 563 79
By dreammcatcher

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

"Are you sure you're ready to do this today?" Cleo gives me a worried glance from across our bedroom.

I turn to her and nod. "Gemma gave me the go-ahead, didn't she? She wouldn't have let me out of that infirmary bed unless she thought I could do things for myself."

Cleo chews on her bottom lip and smoothes down her sleek, satin black dress. Hung low on her back with tiny straps across her collarbones. Today I discovered the sudden sensations back in my cock because the second I saw her step out of the bathroom in those black heels and the curve of her leg up to the way the material of her dress hugged her ass, holy fuck. Never has my cock got so hard so quick.

"She said to take it easy," she huffs out, approaching me as I attempt to slide my navy blazer onto my back.

I admit, not all of my wounds have completely healed. My back is still healing over wounds on wounds, Gemma says I will have scars forever but I didn't mind. As long as Cleo loves me the same, it doesn't bother me.

Cleo is at my side in an instant, helping me get my blazer onto my shoulders comfortably. Making sure she doesn't graze the material on my back. She straightens it out at the front and smiles at me.

"What?" I look down at her.

"You look as handsome as ever," she beams up at me and I bring our lips together, placing a finger underneath her chin. "I love it when you wear a suit."

"I love you in anything," I mumble against her mouth. "And especially when you have nothing on at all."

Cleo chuckles into the kiss and it sends warmth and security to my heart, I grip onto her a little tighter and her lashes flick up to my eyes. "If you get tired, don't think that you have to stay out and talk to everyone. This day is about you being welcomed home, everything is on your terms. Don't try to please everyone if you start getting exhausted."

I smooth a hand over the back of her head and clutch the bottom of her neck softly. "When will you stop worrying about me?"

"Never."

The corners of my mouth flicks up and I peck her lips again. "You don't need to worry about me, I'm okay and you know that if I'm not okay, you'll be the first person to know about it." I whisper against her lips. "Just enjoy tonight, let's celebrate the pack, celebrate you. It's about you guys just as much as it's about me."

Cleo exhales through her nose slowly and grazes her palms against my chest, watching her fingers and eventually nodding. "I know that you'd tell me if you're not okay," she whispers. "But I just want you to know that there is no rush for anything."

I grip the back of her waist closer into my body, her beautiful green eyes fluttering open to look at me. "There is no rush for anything," I kiss the corner of her mouth. "But this feels right today. I've been quiet for far too long and I'm ready, I know I'm ready. As long as you're beside me supporting me, I can do anything."

She nuzzles her head into my chin, a smile evident on her face. "That is very true," she laughs quietly. "Together, nothing can stop us."

"Come on, beautiful," I draw my head back and slip my hand into hers, zaps of the bond making me feel grounded and secure. "Let's go, don't want to keep them waiting."

"Okay," she grins.

We exit our bedroom and walk down the stairs, both of us being careful with our steps. The pack house is quiet, almost silent as we walk through the hall and down through the back house, towards the grand dining room.

Cleo gives me a squeeze of support and I replicate her action. We walk towards the large set of doors which are opened upon arrival, my eyes scan the room, full to the brim of our pack and Everett's.

As soon as their eyes lay on me, the room bursts into applause and cheering. Cleo grins up at me, pride spreads through my chest but it's her pride. For me.

We walk through the tables of people, on their feet, sharing a drink and dressed smartly. Making an effort for this occasion, for being back together, for showing my respects for their loyalty.

My eyes clock with Mace and Nella, Arlo in her arms. I give them a firm nod and Nella makes Arlo wave at me, flashing me a toothy grin. Then I look to the right and in the direction of Everett, Fran and Milo, clapping and smiling at my return. My eyes zero in on Everett's as he claps, his warm blue eyes offering me encouragement.

As we reach the stage, Cleo parts and stands beside me. I give her one glance and she drops her eye into a confident wink, a wink that made my insides turn to mush in an instance. I grip the microphone with one hand and stare out at the pack as their cheering slowly dies down.

"Thank you guys for being here for me today," I start and then I clear my throat, wanting to sound more comfortable. "You have no idea how appreciative I am for all of your efforts with helping Cleo, Mace, Nella, Alfie and Hope in organising my return. Your resilience and determination means the world to me."

They clap again and my lips slip into a tight smile.

"I am so grateful to call myself the Alpha of this pack, you all make me so proud. Have made me so proud. That you didn't give up, you showed your loyalty and your devotion. Not just to me but to the pack. I cannot thank you all enough." I grip the microphone tighter.

Cleo's hand slips against the bottom of my spine gently, letting me know that she's there.

"I want to give a special mention to Everett and Fran and Milo and their pack for helping," I dart my eyes across the sea of people and land on the three across the way. "You didn't have to help, you didn't have to do anything but you did and I am beyond grateful to call you guys allies. So thank you."

"Woo," Fran claps above her head which makes Cleo chuckle from beside me. The rest of the room now clapping again, Everett and Milo joining in.

"And another mention goes out to Ripley," I smile down to the floor. Cleo gapes from beside me in shock. "He went above and beyond to help, to take down a rogue and I know that meant a lot to him. He fought and he fought and he proved himself as a strong and trustworthy wolf."

Ripley is pushed forward from the crowd, people ruffling his hair in the process. He looks just as shocked as Cleo and I loved that, showing him how appreciative I am of his presence and role in this pack. Worthy.

"So thank you again," I glance over the room. "Let us celebrate you, let's celebrate being together. Let's celebrate being a family again."

"To family!" Nella shouts, raising her glass in her hands.

"To family!"

Cleo kisses my shoulder and I turn my head to her, clutching her face between my hands. I cover her mouth with mine and I peck her softly, lingering for a few seconds. "But I owe the biggest thanks to you," I murmur against her, trying to hide my smile. "If you didn't find me when you did."

She shakes her head and presses a finger to my lips. "Let's not talk about the 'ifs' and the 'buts'. Let's focus on now."

"Sure thing, baby," I break my lips into a smile, kissing her finger in the process.

Alfie and Hope hop up onto the stage and hand us a glass of bubbly each, Cleo eyes me and hums. "Did Gemma say you could drink? You're still on meds."

I shrug. "One won't hurt," I say before taking the glass from Alfie. "Stop worrying about me and just enjoy it for what it is."

Cleo breathes out sharply and drops her shoulders, nodding. She raises the glass to mine and we clink before taking a sip of the alcohol, boy did it taste better than I imagined. After all this time.

It tastes like freedom.

The pack take it in turns to welcome me back and I thank each and every person for their efforts. Cleo stays by my side and I felt relieved, I needed her here to get me through this overwhelming feeling of attention.

Now I know exactly how she felt after Pandora.

Everett stands in my next direction and he offers me a warm smile. "Kassian," he steps forward. "Glad to have you back."

I open up my arms and wrap them around him, he returns the favour and we embrace each other for a few moments. "Thank you for helping out, your generosity doesn't go unnoticed." I mumble into his shoulder.

He gives my arm a solid pat and we pull away. "I would do anything for you, Cleo and your pack. Just like how you helped my sister and their pack. We're allies, regardless of what happened in the past. I would still be there to help no matter what. I'd like to think we could call each other friends."

I slap a hand over his shoulder this time and nod with a smile. "Friends, I like that."

"Maybe when you're recovered and settled from today we could grab a beer, change of scenery and that. Do what friends do and chat?" He offers with a hopeful expression.

"You know what, Everett? That sounds so fucking normal and I couldn't be happier to accept."

Everett chuckles lightly and nods. "Okay, good. I'm pleased. I'll let you get on, you've got a lot of people to speak to tonight."

I give Fran and Milo a quick hug, singing their praises for their added help.

Cleo steps forward and gives Ripley a big hug, then his bright blue eyes turn to me. "Ripley," I smile down at him.

"Alpha," he holds his hands behind his back politely.

"Cleo told me about what happened," I say smoothly.

"She did?"

"Oh yeah, she told me all about your bravery. For saving her, for saving me. You really showed me how much of a strong wolf you can be and I can't wait to see more of it in training. Don't let it disappear." I grin down at him.

Ripley's eyes flick between mine and he gives me a determined nod. "I won't let you down, Kassian. I'm going to try as hard as possible."

"You got it, kid."

He nods once with a bright smile on his face and then he steps away. "You've made his whole year, you know that right?" Cleo steps in front of me with a gorgeous grin, one that melted my heart into my shoes.

"I know, he deserves it."

"He sure does." She slides her hands up around my neck and flicks her eyes over my nose, then my lips and across my jaw. "How are you feeling?"

I slump my head and chuckle. "Don't say I told you so, but I am tired, my back is starting to ache. I need more of my medicine."

"I knew it," she nudges my head up to hers. "But that's okay, we can go to bed if you want. Let everyone else celebrate, you'll just be here in spirit."

"But that sounds so boring," I whine and grip her waist a little tighter.

Cleo shrugs and kisses my chin. "Well, do you want to spend a couple more hours chatting away to your pack feeling tired... or do you want to get into bed with me and we can kiss, we can feel close to one another and drift off to sleep when we want?"

I bite down on my bottom lip and extend my head up to the ceiling, releasing a deep grunt from my throat. "The latter, of course."

She chuckles into my neck. "Then let's say goodnight and go to bed. Everyone knows what you've been through, I doubt they'd even think twice about it."

"Okay," I straighten my neck and Cleo's eyes glisten at me.

"Okay, let's go."

We say our goodbyes and slip upstairs for the night, my eyes falling heavy and my body twitching with fatigue. Cleo has to practically drag me up the stairs and then she plonks me down on the bed and starts to undress me, starting with my shoes and then my trousers, leaving my blazer and shift for last.

She leaves me in my boxers and hands me my medication with a glass of water before slipping into the bathroom.

Soon she returns in nothing but her underwear, a black lacy pair of matching underwear. Everything clenches tightly, not like I haven't seen her like this a thousand times before. I groan loudly and she turns to look at me, undoing her bra and then reaching for a baggy t-shirt to sleep in.

"What?" She chuckles as her breasts swing free, perfectly hardened nipples. Then they're covered by the t-shirt swiftly.

"The things I'd do to you right now if I had the strength to stand up or keep awake for longer than five minutes."

Oh I'd do dirty, dirty things. My cock throbs and I know he's ready but my body is not.

Cleo smiles and turns off the light, walking towards me slowly. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my bare chest, heat dancing along my skin at the feeling of her lips. Oh, her sweet, sweet lips.

"Well you still need to rest you see, don't want to sabotage your recovery. Do we?"

I grunt deeply and fall back into the bed. Cleo slides in beside me and we tangle our legs beneath the sheets, her head burying into my chest. Arms securely around her body, keeping the warmth between us.

"Trust me," I close my eyes, feeling beyond exhausted now. "When I get my stamina and my strength back up. We're going to have a sex marathon and I will not rest until I get one hundred orgasms out of you."

"One hundred?!" Cleo gasps and kisses my neck. "That's excessive."

"You deserve that many, so I will give you that many."

"I think my whole vagina might drop off after that."

I chuckle quietly. "Don't think you can handle it?"

"Guess we'll have to wait and see," she teases.

My arms hold Cleo somewhat tighter, tucking her under my chin and exhaling gently. "I'm so glad to be back here with you," I whisper into the darkness.

"Me too," she nods. "Being in this bed without you felt wrong and I hated every second of it. Especially after that small bicker we had, that's all that played on my mind. That was the last thing we said to each other."

I frown and kiss her forehead delicately. "It doesn't matter."

"It does matter, I would never have lived with myself if something happened to you and that was our last conversation," her voice cracks and I clutch the back of her head with my hand, cradling it gently. "Knowing that we left things on bad terms, I felt so awful, so guilty. I wish I had told you I loved you or that I couldn't wait to be alone with you, or something."

"Cleo," I whisper. "I get what you're feeling but it's okay now. Let's just promise never to leave things on bad terms again, never let there be a chance for bad last words. Only good last words."

She exhales a long breath and nods. "Yes," she sounds relieved. "Please can we do that. No more bickers and leaving and being mad. We work it out, we make up. Because we never know what's coming round the corner and I can't let it haunt me again."

My fingers graze down her cheek and I nod. "Okay, baby. No more leaving things on bad terms. Good terms only."

"That makes me feel better."

I tilt up her chin and peck her lips one last time. "Goodnight my love, thank you for sticking by me tonight."

"Wouldn't want to be anywhere else," she sighs into the kiss. "I love you."

"I love you too, Cleo. So much."

I snuggle closer into Cleo's body, eyes still firmly closed and within a few seconds I drifted off into the perfect dreamless sleep.

. . .

Read the rest of the story, epilogues and extended chapters over on my Patreon!
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher
Link is also in bio!

Owwww this is the most wholesome chapter ever!🥺🥺

Everett and Ripley and just the whole pack coming together, I bloody love it

What did you guys think of this chapter???

Who is excited for Everett's story? Gonna be full of drama, angst and spice😈

Please don't forget to vote! Thanks for reading my loves.

See you all on the next one, love Sav x

Insta: SavRose.x
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 98 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
543K 15.4K 37
"What do you want now?" she said gritting her teeth as he got closer and closer by every second. "I want nothing else but you Angel..."he whispered...
3.2M 23K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
1.7M 51.1K 94
#4 in romance #1 in jealous, passionate, hot #3 in rejection, hot #5 in badboy, funny #9 in wattpad, steamy #55 in werewolf (Highest rankings) "You a...