RED

By dreamquisite

❝And I can see the sirens on his eyes, the poison on his lips, the burns of his touches, and yet I embraced h... More

RED
PRELUDE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 23

5K 290 160
By dreamquisite

It's almost 7 PM when they decide to have an early dinner—all of them meeting in front of a fast food restaurant as the majority crave some.

Gayoon and Yangyang followed from the bowling arena, happily talking and laughing while recalling their dumb moments awhile ago.

And as if something had pulled them away, Gayoon froze on her spot as her eyes landed on a new face between the two pairs.

"Oh, is that Lee Donghyuck?" Yangyang quipped and looked at the girl. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah." Gayoon chewed on her lower lip as she walked towards the small group.

Her eyes remained on him, granted that his gazes also never left hers.

Gayoon can exactly feel the chill as she's nearing them, then decides to stand beside Jisung as if the younger man can protect her from the dangerous prey.

"Oh nice, you're finally here. Also, Gayoon, why are you there?" Doyoung mused. "Shouldn't you be standing beside Donghyuck?"

Now Gayoon's lips dried up.

"Me?" she pointed at herself.

Doyoung's brows furrowed. "Yes, you, Gayoon. Beside Donghyuck, your soulmate."

Yangyang's eyes widened. "You're soulmates!?"

"Yes, we are," Donghyuck lowly said, walking towards her.

Donghyuck pulled the girl beside him, staring straight into Yangyang's eyes for a few seconds before turning to the rest.

"Shall we go inside?"

The orders are pretty much the same, just some side snacks and desserts depending on personal preferences.

As if the surprising introduction wasn't awkward enough, the seating arrangement just added to the tension. Yangyang, Gayoon, and Donghyuck.

Honestly, Yangyang is an easygoing person.

He can vibe with them all, have a say on each topic, and also crack jokes and funny stories to brighten the mood.

And that frustrates Donghyuck even more.

How can he act like nothing's wrong?

I mean, there's really none, but there's really something in him that Donghyuck finds annoying.

Is it because of his bright personality? His laughs? His outgoing voice?

Donghyuck lightly scoffed when Gayoon also laughed at something he said.

He's jealous, alright.

"Aww, I ran out of nuggets," Gayoon mused.

"Here," Yangyang immediately responded, placing his remaining nuggets on her plate.

"No, it's yours!"

"I'm already full; it's fine."

And Donghyuck's face?

Jisung, who's in front of the frustrated male, can just stifle his laughs, recording this moment in his mind and noting to tell Yuna and Jaemin.

"Hyung, do you want more fries?" Jisung quipped, just to engage the person in front of him in the conversation.

Gayoon also looked at Donghyuck and picked some from hers. "Oh, you like fries, right?"

"Eat it." Donghyuck cuts off

Gayoon confusedly tilted her head. "Are you getting bored now?"

Donghyuck just blankly looked at her, then grabbed a nugget from his plate, placing it in her mouth.

"Hurry, I'll drive you home. Classes will start tomorrow."

Gayoon groaned and munched angrily. "I really hate Mondays."

Donghyuck lightly scoffed and sipped his remaining drink. Cute, but no.

It's 9 p.m. when they finally decided to go home.

After dinner, they agreed to stroll around the mall the last time and also to digest their food intake. Yangyang went home first, though, so the remaining six of them went together.

Gayoon is frowning along the way. She's not a fifth-wheel anymore, but she still feels like it.

Donghyuck isn't paying attention to her!

If she'd ask him or talk to him about something, the male would just either respond with a small nod or a shrug. He never looked at her either, and his hands are buried inside his pockets.

Donghyuck is ignoring her!

The car ride is especially quiet between them, and only the soft music from the player served as the noise.

It's getting late at night too, and so sleep has already kicked in, though the male's silent treatment is still bothering her.

Gayoon glanced at his side, seeing him fixated on the road.

One hand is on the wheel while the other is propped on the window as his fingers play with his lower lip, which Gayoon finds extra hot.

She just realized that she's already staring when the male glanced at her for a second.

"Sleep if you want to," he said.

She pouted, "You ignore me for hours, and all you say is sleep."

"You're sleepy; what do you want me to say?"

"At least not give me a cold shoulder."

Donghyuck didn't respond, making Gayoon huff and turn to the window.

They reached the dormitory, where Gayoon directly hopped off. She can also feel the male following behind her, but she didn't bat an eye.

Gayoon thought he'd leave once she entered the building, but when he also stepped inside the elevator, her eyes widened.

"W-where are you going?"

"Where should I go then?"

"Your own place?"

Donghyuck shrugged. "Your unit's more comfortable."

"What do you mean?"

The elevator opened in perfect timing. Donghyuck went out first and walked to the girl's unit like it were his.

Gayoon was still perplexed until she got inside, and he followed. She turned to face him, and he stopped.

"We just saw Yangyang along the way," she said.

Donghyuck raised a brow. "So?"

Gayoon clamped her lips close. Yes, why are you even explaining?

She sighed. "Well, the others have their own time. I figured I could get Yangyang's company."

"Why him?"

"Because he's the one who's there?"

"Really." Donghyuck scoffed and walked past her to sit on the sofa where he once slept.

Okay, is he jealous?

Gayoon huffed and walked to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't have a choice. I just want to be free from being a fifth-wheeler."

"Hyuck!" she whined when he'd ignored her again.

Gayoon frowned and turned back to walk away. "Fine, suit yourself."

Though the male just dragged her back, the sudden force made her lose her balance and drop on his lap.

Gayoon gasped in surprise, his widened eyes meeting his narrowed ones.

"Call me if you're alone," he said.

She nodded.

"And I thought I already told you not to smile at that green-haired shit"

She suddenly pecked at his lips, making him stop talking.

Gayoon smiled. "He's just a good friend."

Donghyuck's brows furrowed. "He obviously l-"

She pecked at him again.

Donghyuck sighed, "One more and I-"

Gayoon pulled him by the nape and pressed their lips; this time it wasn't just a peck.

Donghyuck lightly inhaled and quickly responded, holding her on the small of her back while pushing her closer to him.

Gayoon let out a small moan when he bit her lower lip, taking the small gap between her lips as an advantage to push his tongue in.

Gayoon lightly gasped at the sudden intrusion, their tongues clashing as the male deepened the kiss.

Their bodies moved closer as they continued, heads tilting to the side to have clearer access to taste each other's mouths.

Donghyuck pulled away, yet his lips traveled downward, leaving his traces on her jaw, down her neck, her shoulder, and, lastly, to her collarbone, where her soulmate tattoo is.

Donghyuck placed a soft peck on her tattoo and went back to kiss her lips for a few more seconds before finally stopping.

"It's late," he mumbled, then looked at her. "Can I sleep here?"

blushing

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.7K 4.3K 30
❝was the fame worth our friendship?❞ ꒰ when a childhood love story finally gets to blossom as donghyuck comes home from seoul. he knows his feelings...
132K 4.7K 31
markhyuck ┅ fuck drugs, have you ever been addicted to you best friend? ❝this is a healthy addiction.❞ ▬ COMPLETED ✓ 3.13.22 markhyuck fanfiction. ©...
315K 10.3K 62
ㅡ makeup artist。 ㅡ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐮。 lee donghyuck, a mischievous star that turns us all lovestruck by his charms, finds hi...
333K 13.1K 42
❝Remember when we first met? You said, light my cigarette❞ ▂ ❗ viewer discretion is advised includes: explicit words, violence, and sexual content CO...