ADORABLE TREASURED FOX: DIVIN...

Shortcake_Rena

NOT MY STORY FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES ONLY She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family... Еще

401-403
404-406
407-409
410-412
413-415
416-418
418-420
421-423
424-426
427-429
430-432
433-435
436-438
441-443
444-446
447-449
450-452
453-455
456-458
459-461
462-464
465-467
468-470
471-473
474-476
480-482
483-485
486-488
489-491
492-494
495-497
498-500
501-503
504-506
507-509
510-512
513-515
516-518
519-521

477-479

117 3 0
Shortcake_Rena

Chapter 477 The Imminent Start of the Convention (4)

Not long after the little stir, an elder soon took the stage after most of the attendees have arrived to participate.

It is Elder Ceo Wang!

Elder Ceo Wang is one of the few seventh grade alchemist within the Medicine Sect. To think someone so prestigious would be in charge of overseeing the alchemy conference today.

Though many were surprised by the new entry, but more than that, their eyes were filled with awe and worship instead.

Thats a seventh grade alchemist master. Most wouldnt ever reach such a height in their entire lifetime!

Elder Ceo Wang, just as the prestigious elder got partway up the stage, Ye Yings shallow voice had come from behind. I was just wondering, mind if I make a request from you? I know I am inexperienced, but may I know if I can be the host instead this time.

Ceo Wang was startled at first, then his reaction shifted into a hearty laugh: Miss Ye Ying, how can I refuse such a request? HAHA!

Not only was this girl the Lords distant relative, hes also heard of the rumor regarding the young lord Bai Zhanpeng taking the girl as his daughter. By then, perhaps the entire Medicine Sect would be inherited by the lass! Faced with such a prospect, how could he dare oppose such figure?

Thats wonderful! Ye Ying raises a smirky grin, This time our Medicine Sect invited only the capable, there are no idling individuals among its ranks I believe. Therefore, its safe to assume each sect and power came with a whole team as well as their chief alchemist. In order to avoid wasting time, anyone without an invitation or team should be excluded from participating in the event. The girls smile deepened further after giving away her intent.

Shes investigated already prior to today. Bai Yan only came with her family and no one else. If thats the case, her new rules should automatically exclude the woman. Thats what you get for going against me time and time again. I like to see how you will return home and explain yourself to your sect!

Miss Ye Ying, this Ceo Wang was a little dumbfounded. He didnt expect the girl to drop this bombshell all of a sudden.

It must be said, any who could come participate are outstanding individuals with either a certain level of background or skill. To forcibly kick any of them out meant its a direct offense to both the individual and the Lord himself.

Elder Ceo Wang, returning to a harmless smile, I am also doing this for the sake of the convention. After all, theres only so many days for everyone to go over the Dan pill recipes we prepared. In order to avoid wasting energy on the useless, we should just remove this variable altogether. Besides, the whole point of the alchemy convention is to gather the power of the masses, is it not? What could a single individual possibly have to offer?

Though a tad reluctant to agree with this idea, Ceo Wang nevertheless nodded his head: Miss Ye Ying is very reasonable. Very well, each participating faction can leave behind ten alchemists to attend, anymore or any less shall be omitted.

Hes got the news already when the messenger came to him, that the Lord himself wouldnt come attend the convention. Therefore, even if he does go along with Ye Yings request, none would ask about it afterwards. Whats more, hes only doing this for the sake of the Medicine Sect, there should be no room to question his decision later.

Chapter 478 She is the Disciple of the Holy Land (1)

Since Elder Ceo Wang has agreed, then lets us begin. Ye Ying found no surprise in the response from the elder. Showing a snarky grin, she pushes forward despite the odd looks shes getting. For all those participating today, please follow me inside.

With that proclamation made, the people only made a few whispering gestures before moving forward. They didnt understand why the girl would make such a strange rule right before the convention but its of no recourse to them.

Now, one group after the other, the crowded venue was now completely empty except for Bai Yan and her son.

Miss, you came alone? Wrinkling his old brow, Elder Ceo Wangs tone was lukewarm at best after realizing theres still people outside.

Thats right. Bai Yans response was shining and filled with confidence, showing no ounce of embarrassment over the fact.

Uhh, Miss, Im sure youve heard it as well just now.. Not looking good in his complexion, the senior knew this wasnt right. After all, the fact that the girl and little boy could stand here meant the elder in their family had also received an invitation.

Not answering right away this time, Bai Yan first wanted to appease her agitated son thats clearly angry by the maltreatment. So this is the style of the Medicine Sect? I traveled a thousand miles to get here and the first thing you people do is to drive us out. Whats more, when have the Medicine Sect fallen so low that a mere outsider could dictate the rules?

The word outsider was a stinging needle, shooting directly into Ye Yings grotesque heart with every syllable. Going cold in her expression, she glares down with fury at the woman and her son.

Miss! Turning dark as well, Elder Ceo Wang snaps out, Ye Ying is an honored lady of our Medicine Sect and will soon become the goddaughter of our young lord. If you dont show her your respect then its the same as disrespecting the Medicine Sect as a whole! Didnt your elders teach you any form of manners?

WAHH! The crowd exclaims.

Those who had previously ridiculed Ye Ying were turning their heads in disbelief and shock, So Ye Ying is not only a distant relative of the Medicine Sect, but the future lady as well? With such a background, who would ever dare to look down at her again?

Elder Ceo Wang! Sounding as if unhappy over the news, Even if my grandmother mentioned something like that to Uncle Zhanpang, you shouldnt just say it in front of everyone. What point is there in making something like that so public?

She only mentioned its her grandmother bringing up the topic, not herself or anyone making such a promise. Her goal wasnt a confirmation from the involved party, but rather the misconception of such a rumor. So long as the world believes it then thats enough.

Miss Bai, pressing her lips together, Ye Ying purposefully issues out a sigh like shes lamenting the fact. Not all of the worlds people with the last name Bai is related to our Medicine Sect. If I am an outsider then you are not even qualified to be one. I advise you to leave it at that and leave first less you make a fool of yourself.

From the beginning to end, Bai Yan never once gave Ye Ying a glance. Her focus solely lies with her son which she ended up pinching on the cheek. Son, the alchemy convention here is too boring, why dont we go home instead. How about it?

Giving an obedient nod, Bai Xiachens eye glowed with light as he spoke: But what about Grandshifus and them? What are we going to tell them when they ask?

Chapter 479 She is the Disciple of the Holy Land (2)

Hmm, rubbing her chin, Bai Yan looked like shes contemplating something, we can just say the Medicine Sect bullied us and kept us from attending. If your grandshifus want to make a ruckus for that then just let them come in person

Ye Ying immediately sneered with contempt after hearing that outrageous comment, Who would dare come make trouble at the Medicine Sect? How laughable. This woman is really too arrogant.

Okay Mother, lets go home then, I dont want to give this old witch an opportunity to snatch me away. Absolutely adorable in his voice, the little steambun looked nothing like the little devil that he was not long ago.

For the many people attending today, they naturally wouldnt understand a word of that last sentence; however, for those who did see the ruckus prior to the event, they knew exactly what that meant.

Pity though, Ye Ying has already become the goddaughter of the young lord here. No matter how sympathetic they are of the mother and son, they had neither the influence nor power to stop the outcome.

Now, without anymore hindrance or care, Bai Yan slowly turned away with her son in hand. She looked nothing like someone facing defeat, rather that of a winner in how calm and proud her demeanor was. Then all of a sudden, her eyes narrowed as the contour of a handsome young mans face came into sight.

Yan Yan! Filled with excitement in that voice, the youngster who owned the voice quickly made a dash for that enchanting red figure in an attempt to give her a hearty hug.

Unfortunately for this newcomer, the only response he got was a foot in front of his face and sending him flying as a result.

Oh Yan Yan, you are still the same as before, always so cruel. Landing on his ass, the youngsters eye tears up over the horrible treatment.

Oh she is so cruel. Ever since I lost to her in that contest and became her subordinate, shes never seen me again. Even worse, she just dumped a bunch of people in my hands and told me to train them. How can someone be so rude and not caring. Oh wait, thats not quite right, Yan Yan did come see me a couple of months ago and taught me a lesson in alchemy.

Uncle Wen Ru, its been a long time. Waving at the youngster, Bai Xiachen smiles kindly at the poor man.

Eh? You are Xiachen? Showing surprise in that voice, the man known as Wen Ru narrows his eye at the little fella: I havent seen you for a few years and youre already this big? And, you can recognize me as well?

According to his memory, the little steambun was only three years old when they met, a baby still. In a blink of an eye, the little kid has grown up to be a preteen!

Wen Ru, what are you doing here? Raising a smile, Bai Yan shakes her head at this silly subordinate of hers.

Oh, I was going to find you and give you the invitation letter. But when I went to the Flower Brothel and asked around, Hualuo told me you were gone, thats why I rushed over to the Medicine Sect after hearing you were around. Taking out the invitation letter from his pocket, Wen Ru readily hands over the item to Bai Yan, thus attracting the attention of everyone nearby.

This this is the invitation for the convention? Sounding unsure, Elder Ceo Wang sharply swept his gaze over to the reddish figure, Why do you have two invitation slips?

Two invitation letter?

This is impossible!

The Medicine Sect would never make such a blunder and would most certainly not hand a single person two invites.

If so, theres only one possibility then. The woman here, she did not bring an invitation letter with her in the first place and secretly snuck inside without authorization.

Giving a shrug at the seniors questioning gaze, Bai Yan also found it surprising. How strange,the invite slip I have is from my shifus so who sent me this one then?

Suddenly, a certain name came jumping out at the bottom of her consciousness, Bai Zhanpeng!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Trishalini ~ The Jewel of Mahabaleshgarh L A V L E E N

Исторические романы

46.3K 12.5K 3
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
Abhishree ~ The Queen of Mahabaleshgarh L A V L E E N

Исторические романы

5.9M 382K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...
Ink: Living Life as Serena Gleis Hershey

Исторические романы

70.3K 2.4K 60
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝘙𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘦, 𝘢 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
Empire of Righteousness AmayaValery

Исторические романы

253K 16.5K 146
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...