ADORABLE TREASURED FOX: DIVIN...

By Shortcake_Rena

NOT MY STORY FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES ONLY She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family... More

401-403
404-406
407-409
410-412
413-415
416-418
418-420
421-423
424-426
427-429
430-432
433-435
436-438
441-443
444-446
447-449
450-452
453-455
456-458
459-461
462-464
465-467
468-470
471-473
477-479
480-482
483-485
486-488
489-491
492-494
495-497
498-500
501-503
504-506
507-509
510-512
513-515
516-518
519-521

474-476

133 2 0
By Shortcake_Rena

Chapter 474 The Imminent Start of the Convention (1)

Xiachen, you dont want to see me? Hurt to the point where his heart aches terribly, Bai Zhanpeng asks with sadness in his voice.

No, its not like that, the boy hurries to reply after seeing the mans reaction, I also like Grandpa Zhanpeng a lot.

Then why do you want to leave as soon as you saw me?

I Not answering for the longest time, Bai Xiachen took a good minute before he could make up his mind, Grandpa Zhanpeng, I wont leave, dont worry.

Now that was all the man needed to hear. Smiling all over, this young lord of the Medicine Sect only wanted to grab this little steambun and give him the biggest hug of all times. In fact, if he could kidnap the boy and keep him here forever then it would be even better knowing hes his grand-nephew.

Xiachen, your mother, is she also here as well? Bai Zhanpeng hurries to ask.

Blinking his eyes at the inquiry, Bai Xiachen faintly nods in confirmation: Mhmm, Mother is at the main avenue. Do you want to meet her?

Its absolutely true the man here wanted to meet his niece before knowing shes here, but now that hes confronting with the truth, it appears Bai Zhanpeng was starting to get the cold feet instead.

What would she do if I tell her right away about our relationship? Maybe she would take it as me trying to use her or something bad.

No!

I cant let the small little bit of good feelings I built in her eyes to be tarnished over something mediocre like impatience. I must come up with a way to prove our identity with Father first.

Also, it will also avoid those other people within the Medicine Sect from saying those irresponsible remarks.

This The mans head churned with ideas, his eyes nervous and unsure when meeting the baby boys eye: Xiachen, I like to ask you a question. If, lets say if. what if your mother suddenly discovers she has another grandfather, would she accept him?

Well thats of course if this grandfather likes me a lot, blinking his big innocent eyes, Bai Xiachen tilts his head like hes a tad confused by the strange question. Mother would surely like him as well if thats the case. ..

Bai Zhanpeng became rather speechless over this answer. Its too straightforward.

Xiachen, your great grandfather would surely like you, just that your mother, she.

If he likes me then thats all good, theres no problem then. However, the premise must be that hes my great grandfather. Biting his thumb, the boy appears puzzled now: Where is my great-grandfather? Do you know where he is? I know Mother would want to find out where my grandmother is

I have a way, Bai Zhanpengs eye flashed with glee, As long as Xiachen you help me get a close intimate object from your mother, even a strand of hair will do, then I can do that. Will you help Grandpa Zhanpeng in the task?

Even if the man himself was already sure of Bai Yans identity to a certain degree, but merely recognizing the girl back into the family wouldnt be enough. His main objective lies in gifting the entire Medicine Sect to the girl. In that case, he must stuff up the mouths of those old-timers first using a special method. Blood mixing wont prove anything, he knows that much.

Really? The boys eye lit up as well, Then Grandpa Zhanpeng can help find my Mothers relative?

I can only give it a try. In addition, this is a secret between us. Dont tell your mother first. Rubbing that little head, the mans expression shined with gentle warmth.

Okay! Giving a serious nod, Bai Xiachen then became troubled while he bit his lip: But Grandpa Zhanpeng, would you lets say if, if your daughter was bullied by someone, would you hate those people?

Chapter 475 The Imminent Start of the Convention (2)

Daughter? Bai Zhanpengs expression froze in startlement, I dont even have a wife, where am I supposed to get a daughter from? But if I did have a daughter who is as good as Bai Yan then of course I would protect her like the treasure in my palm. How could I allow her to be bullied?

Xiachen, why are you asking this question? Of course I wouldnt let my daughter be bullied.

Deflating his head, the boy issues out a sigh of disappointment. Its true I like Grandpa Zhanpeng a lot, but there will come a day where he will hate me.

Whats wrong? Furrowing his brow, the man rubs the little steambuns hair as he asks for more detail, What happened?

Grandpa Zhanpeng, I really love and love Mother. No matter what I do, I will not regret it because its for Mothers sake. Biting his thumbnail, Bai Xiachen looks up with his stubborn face that only made him even cuter. So, even if I like Grandpa Zhanpeng a lot, I wont let anyone take Mothers place in my heart.

Xiachen? Truly befuddled now over that remark, the man only had question marks hovering over his head at this point.

Grandpa Zhanpeng, thank you for being willing to find my mothers loved ones. But its getting late and I must go find her. Goodbye Grandpa Zhanpeng. Waving his hand in haste to bid his farewell, the boy didnt leave any room for the man to stop before dashing off into the distance.

What is this little guy talking about? How come I cant understand a single word of it? Scratching his head in befuddlement, Bai Zhanpeng then exclaimed out oi realization: Oh crap, I forgot to bring Xiachen to see Father. If he learns of what I did then I wont be spared.

But before the mans words and woes could further continue, Elder Gu have already arrived on scene from the front. This faithful follower who was also present back could never have imagined the woman whom they encountered by pure chance to be the daughter of the young miss.

Milord, do you need me to bring Miss Bai Yan and her son here?

Bai Zhanpeng murmurs for a while: Is the alchemy convention about to begin?

Yes.

Then she must be here to attend the convention so I cant bother her at this time. No matter, something as big as recognizing our relationship isnt a rushed matter.

Towards that sort of disregard, Elder Gu only puckered his lips to the side. Thats easy for you to say. Sect Leaders been yearning day in and day out to meet Miss Bai Yan and her son. Now that youve got a taste, you are now forgetting your old man instead.

Then.

Wait until I get the evidence to prove Bai Yan is my niece first. When I do, I want the world to know how noble she is with my announcement! Cocking his face high, the man reveals a proud smile at the impending future.

I will make all those who dare to despise her, mock her, abandoned her, regret their deeds forever in this lifetime!

Milord, murmuring in hesitation, Elder Gu appears troubled by what hes about to say. Theres something I must inform you. Ive just became aware of something regarding Ye Yings action today. They say shes doing things as outlandish as stealing anothers husband. Not only that, she wouldnt even let the child go. If not for the little fella being clever and exposing Ye Yings true face in front of the public today, I fear. I fear who knows what of indecent act the girl wouldve committed.

Clever little guy?

Bai Zhanpeng became stunned. Suddenly, all the things his nephew said came rushing over and stuck inside his head. The little guy you mentioned, how old is he?

From what they are saying, it should be around the same age as young Xiachen. I know what you are implying milord, but this should be impossible. Its said that Miss Ye Ying is trying to steal the husband, son, and even the womans younger brother! Theres no way thats possible when Miss Bai Yans brother is still in the kingdom of Liu Huo.

Chapter 476 The Imminent Start of the Convention (3)

In other words, that person couldnt be the boys mother.

Whats more Elder Gu pauses to let his words sink in, Its one thing for the husband, but the son also? If Miss Ye Ying really did something like that then do you think she would still be living right now milord?

The last remark clearly had an effect in relieving the tenseness in Bai Zhanpengs frown: Yes, your words make sense. Fine then, I will handle the matter once I got time, but if she did provoke my niece. He sneered, letting murder emulate out of his iris, Then she can forget about living!

Showing a faint smile, Elder Gu appeared very pleased by this outcome. Young Master is always like this. He always doted his sister and now hes transferring all of that feeling to his niece instead.

Elder Gu, I understand Ye Yings matter cant be overlooked but that isnt our biggest concern for now. I must go make preparations for my nieces return, only like that can we keep those people in the Medicine Sect from objecting. So, I want you to go tell the others that I wont be attending the convention.

Yes, milord.

And, Bai Zhanpeng deliberately lowers his voice, dont tell my father that I saw Xiachen. From the looks of it, my grand-nephew doesnt seem like hes willing to leave with me. If it becomes known then my father would surely rush over. Im afraid his overly excited self would scare the boy.

How can such a lovely child withstand that frightening old mans torture? No, I must keep this under wraps at all levels.

Dont worry milord, I will keep my mouth shut tighter than anything in these lands.

Then thats all I need to hear, huffing a sigh of relief, go to my fathers side for now. By the way, often mention in his presence that he must control his emotions when meeting Bai Yan and her son. I dont want anything unexpected to occur when the time comes.

Towards that demand, Elder Gu only made a wryly smile inside his heart in light of responding with a bow. How can I possibly make that sort of reminder in front of your old mans presence? Besides, theres no way his lordship would listen.

Inside the venue, the crowds were getting noisier as the hour drew closer to the arranged time. Nevertheless, a brief moment of silence did overtake the place when Ye Ying first entered from the outside.

For Bai Yan herself, she naturally wouldnt miss the negative gaze shooting her way from the girl. Even so, she didnt care. The only thing that matters in her eyes was the little steambun currently running into her arms.

Son, how come you came back alone? Wheres Little Rice and Mo Li Shang? Holding that soft cuddly body up, she gives him a hearty peck on the cheek.

Little Rice he he ran out to play, Bai Xiachen was rather taken aback by the question because he expected his friend to be back earlier than himself. As for Uncle Shang I seem to have left him behind by mistake.

Thats right, due to being overly occupied with Bai Zhanpeng, this little guy actually forgot the teen who was supposed to return and find him.

Uncle Shang? Bai Yans brow gently furrows up.

In response, Bai Xiachen only spat his tongue out in a naughty manner: Mother, I really like Uncle Mo, thats why I went ahead and asked him to become my real uncle. Would you blame me Mother?

Why would I blame you? Scratching that cherry nose of the boys, Bai Yan reveals a spoiled smile: Shang Shang is very good, theres nothing wrong with him being my little brother.

Unbeknownst to this doting mother though, Di Cang had long bought out her son and its now her against the two devious foxes. If Bai Yan knew the truth, its unlikely she would still think this way..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 7.3K 2
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
JUNOON || جنون By Ira

Historical Fiction

14.6K 804 23
An arranged marriage between two contrasting yet similar people. Will it work? Urwa Shah A nineteen year old girl filled with dreams. A strict father...
13.6K 1.4K 37
" The darkness closed in around him, like a shroud of silence. Veeranshu's eyes fluttered open, and he was met with an unfamiliar ceiling. Groggily...
620K 19.5K 111
[Not MY Story] OFFLINE Purpose. I possessed the wife of the Emperor, the mad villain of a tragic novel. After a while, when the evil Emperor looks t...