ADORABLE TREASURED FOX: DIVIN...

By Shortcake_Rena

NOT MY STORY FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES ONLY She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family... More

401-403
404-406
407-409
410-412
413-415
416-418
418-420
421-423
424-426
427-429
430-432
433-435
436-438
441-443
444-446
447-449
453-455
456-458
459-461
462-464
465-467
468-470
471-473
474-476
477-479
480-482
483-485
486-488
489-491
492-494
495-497
498-500
501-503
504-506
507-509
510-512
513-515
516-518
519-521

450-452

120 4 0
By Shortcake_Rena

Chapter 450 Medicine Sect (1)

Mother, this little uncle is so pitiful, why dont we help him? Tugging at his mothers sleeve, Bai Xiachens bright baby eyes were filled with sympathy.

Since Bai Yan would rarely refuse the little steambuns request, it didnt take much for her to nod that head: You can follow me for the time being, but you must listen to me on the road and cant act without my authorization. Can you do that?

Changing from that lonely expression mere moments ago, a fair blooming smile instantly bursts forth from that dollish face, I can!

Its getting late, shifting her gaze upwards, Bai Yan takes the lead, Lets go before the sun goes down.

In comparison to the secluded road that the party took, the entrance to the Medicine Sect was rather noisy right now. Even so, that doesnt mean just anyone could get into the place – they need an invitation.

Fortunately Ren Yi thought of this ahead of time. Right before the elder left, he specifically handed over the slip to the woman, thus allowing her to bypass the two guards smoothly.

Mother, is this the Medicine Sect? Its quite different from what I imagined it to be, the little steambun was rather taken aback by the bustling bazaar that appeared before his eyes.

First rubbing her sons head over that remark, Bai Yan patiently explains the reasoning: This is not the real Medicine Sect yet, its only the outer perimeter town used by them to trade and such. Think of it like a capital city and a palace, one stays at the edge while the other stays at the centre.

Making a faintly understanding nod, the kid didnt care whether or not he got it: Okay, I will listen to you Mother.

Amused by the boys obvious confusion, Bai Yan only smiled at him without pointing that out. Shes more concerned with a certain face at the moment, specifically someone called Bai Zhanpeng who lives right here in the Medicine Sect.

Forget it, the day of the convention is still not here yet. Meeting later on that date is the same anyways.

Medicine Sect.

Within the inner temple of this grandiose place, a certain middle-aged man was currently sitting crossed legged with his eyes closed when he overheard a voice outside his door.

Come in, slowly opening those eyes, the one speaking was none other than the mentioned Bai Zhanpeng.

Creak!

Young master, I have something to report. Respectful in his tone, this man in green appears quite excited in his demeanor.

What is it, Bai Zhanpeng frowned and asked.

My lord, regarding the matter of observing the one you mentioned before. I have now gotten news of something great regarding the Miss.

Nowadays, whenever this man would hear of any news related to Bai Yans welfare ever since returning to the Medicine Sect, he would instantly tighten up because hes well aware of what sort of treatment the girl went through during her youth.

Young Master, according to the information in my hand, Miss Bai Yan is in fact not a true daughter of Bai Zheng Xiang, rather a adopted one entrusted to his wife Lan Yue through someone she knew.

BANG!

The mindset of this young lord instantly exploded, throwing his brain into a state of emptiness.

What did he say?

Isnt biological? But rather a daughter entrusted to Lan Yue?

Is this news accurate? Slamming that hand onto the table, Bai Zhenpang handsome face was a blistering red due to how hard he was breathing.

Its absolutely true! The guard respectfully replies, This news was left behind by the last will of Lan Yue before her passing, and was confirmed again by the Dowager of the Liu Huo Kingdom!

Chapter 451 Medicine Sect (2)

Their last name is also Bai.

And she looks so similar to her.

Can it be.

Slowly closing his eyes, Bai Zhanpengs body was faintly shuddering as his heart kept giving rise to a single answer.

Dont let anyone know about this yet. Im going to seek my fathers input first. Suppressing that urge to run out this second, the mans excited complexion couldnt be anymore obvious.

Yes milord. The guard bends down, showing his compliance before turning away.

Alone again in this mildly quiet room, Bai Zhenpengs calm façade eventually crumbles. Throwing himself out the door like a rocket, the urgent man makes quick work of the distance between his room and the study where he would eventually find his father currently being smothered with the scent of dust and old age.

Father! His scream instantly causes the elder to jolt up in surprise and the stacks of books to collapse into a mess.

Son, whats the matter? Is it that the preparations for the convention is ready?

Showing a glimmer of hope in his eyes: Father, do you still remember the story I told you about before? Of how a young lady managed to save me and even cured me of my illness thats been stubbornly plaguing my body over the years?

I do, but why? Raising a brow at his sons abnormally high expression, Do you want me to send her an invitation as well? If so then theres no need to ask me, you can take charge in my place.

No Father, thats not why Im coming to you, its for an entirely different matter. Sucking in a deep breath, Bai Zhenpang could no longer hold back his excitement and blurts out everything, Theres something I didnt tell you. That girl, she looks nearly identical to Ninger (sister) when she was younger.

PAKK!

Its as if a silent snapping sound just occurred in the study room.

Dropping the book from the palm of his hand, the elder slowly rises from his chair like a stumbling senior who couldnt control his body. In fact, the trembles were so intense that even the tea set on the desk was being affected and started to shake.

What did you say? The girl who saved you looks very similar to your sister? Why have you never told me about this?!

His daughters been missing for more than twenty years. Whether shes alive or not, this poor father doesnt have a clue. So, imagine how much of a shock this sudden windfall must be for him.

Its because Ive been investigating her background since I met her. At first the information came back as a negative. They say shes the biological daughter of a certain Bai House in that kingdom.

Making a bittersweet smile, Bai Zhanpeng wanted to slap himself for being so foolish.

How can someone so sweet and gentle be the daughter of a scumbag like that? I shouldve known better.

Then why are you telling me this? Are you planning something? Clenching his shaking hand until its making a crunching sound, the father fixes his gaze at his son like an eagle being renewed with life.

Looking straight back: I became worried after I left that kingdom, thats why I had someone tail her during this period in order to protect her. Guess what Father, I just got word of something really important!

Just thinking back to what the guard told him just minutes ago, Bai Zhanpengs mood would instantly be thrilled with joy.

Turns out the young girl I met isnt the daughter of that scumbag who leads that household, rather shes an adopted daughter of the late wife handed over by another woman whose surname also happens to be Bai like ours! Based on this, I speculate she might be Ningers.

Biological daughter.

Though the middle-aged man didnt say the last bit aloud, but he could see he didnt need to, his father already knew what he meant.

Clehh.

The sound was the direct result of the senior crashing back down to his chair and knocking the teacup from the desk. For this, the warm liquid had soaked into the various books thats considered invaluable to the outside world due to the knowledge written inside.

Ningers daughter? Is she really my granddaughter? HAHA! I finally have a third-generation to my line! Wonderful, truly wonderful!

Chapter 452 Medicine Sect (3)

He laughed and laughed, then came the muddled tears of grief trickling down his cheeks.

Ever since his daughter Bai Ning disappeared without a trace years ago, hes been sleepless and distraught over this fact. For that, not only did his hair turn entirely white overnight, even his son Bai Zhanpeng has been unable to seek a caring wife due to the woes of that case.

And now. word has returned that Bai Ning has a daughter? Even if the hope was little, it still means his daughter could be alive!

Son, where is that girl, I want to meet her. Bai Chang Fengs (grandpa) voice carried an incessant impatience like hes anticipating the best outcome possible.

She should still be in the Liu Huo Kingdom. Though I did send her an invitation before so she might be coming to attend. Cooling his initial excitement, Bai Zhanpeng reverts back to his usual calm self, Father, lets keep this matter away from the girl for now. I fear if we make a mistake and cause a circus then it wont be good for us or Miss Bai Yan. Theres already enough sadness in the air so I dont want to increase that any further.

In response, Bai Chang Feng only showed a discontented frown. Apparently this grandfather thought otherwise and didnt agree with his sons viewpoint.

Father, ignoring the discontented glare coming his way, its true Bai Yan is very likely my niece, but that doesnt mean its entirely certain yet.

However He pauses, giving a moment of silence for both of them to think on this, If the unfortunate does come true, I would still like to take her in as my goddaughter. Shes a wonderful girl and its a shame to let someone like that go without help.

Regardless of what sort of outcome this turns out to be, Bai Zhanpengs attachment to Bai Yan has already been set in stone since the first day he laid eyes on the woman. Perhaps its the face that looked so familiar to his younger sister, but the feelings are true.

Bai Chang Feng was quiet. Letting the mood hang for a moment, he waves his hand in defeat, Fine, fine, I will do as you want me to. In any case, regardless of what the results are, I will still take the lass into my Medicine Sect and properly raise her as is. Besides, those three rascals from the Holy Lands been coming over recently to flaunt in front of me about their amazing disciple! If that lass Bai Yan can become a member of my Medicine Sect then we can one up the rest just like usual.

Of course, the most important factor in his decision here still lingers around the fact that Bai Yan looked far too similar to his daughter Bai Ning.

Even if she isnt my granddaughter, at the very least l can sooth my old heart by reminiscing that face.

BANG!

Out of the blue, the door to the study room was suddenly pushed open and in came another person whom neither son and father here wanted to see.

Brother-in-law, you must get justice for me! If you dont then I wont be able to continue living! The one making this chicken cry was a gray-haired old lady who promptly burst into tears at first sight.

Compared to most of the members in the Medicine Sect who knows how to keep a certain standard for themselves, this granny could only be called a shrew. As a result, Bai Chang Fengs expression instantly sank and became exceptionally ugly.

What do you want now? Annoyed by the interruption, the lord and master of this great power made no effort to hide his foul mood.

Brother-in-law, you have to get justice for me. Those people out there is talking behind my back and calling me a leech that doesnt do anything to contribute to the Medicine Sect. How can they say that about me? This place is my brother-in-laws home, meaning its my home! Wiping the tears off her old face, If you continue to let those people make such irresponsible remarks then how can you ever face my dead sister?

Tightening his hand into a ball, that last remark definitely hit a sore spot for the elder, Humph, if not for my late wife then none of you people would have ever taken a step into my home!

What do you want then?

The old lady then reveals her true color with that smug grin: Brother-in-law, I see that Zhanpeng is already forty something and without a single child, why dont I have my granddaughter Yinger become his goddaughter? She is so sensible and good, Im sure she will be very filial to him in the future.

Humph! Understanding the intent of this old shrew, the grandpa couldnt help but make a snarling sneer with his mouth.

First, my Medicine Sect has very strict rules. Aside from producing a bunch of thick skins like you, who would dare talk behind our backs?

Secondly, a girl like Ye Ying is too much for me, I cant afford it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.8K 184
The Gluttonous house's auction feast had an exceptionally good furnace in constitution of a little girl with sky-high price, everyone in looting. Su...
266K 6.9K 169
After six years of war, my fiancé returned. With a woman and his child in tow. While saying that he couldn't leave her. The same irresponsible fiancé...
39.2K 8.1K 2
Everything changed the day the King ordered me to seduce his son and bring him back to the Kingdom. He was my best friend. As per the order of things...
My Sin By XxMeixiangxX

Historical Fiction

1.7M 68.2K 65
Liu Quiaqio, the Empress of the Jin Dynasty has given his heart, soul, and body to the emperor, he loved him to the point it exhausted him, but the c...