ADORABLE TREASURED FOX: DIVIN...

By Shortcake_Rena

NOT MY STORY FOR OFFLINE READING PURPOSES ONLY She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family... More

401-403
404-406
407-409
410-412
413-415
416-418
418-420
421-423
424-426
430-432
433-435
436-438
441-443
444-446
447-449
450-452
453-455
456-458
459-461
462-464
465-467
468-470
471-473
474-476
477-479
480-482
483-485
486-488
489-491
492-494
495-497
498-500
501-503
504-506
507-509
510-512
513-515
516-518
519-521

427-429

156 4 0
By Shortcake_Rena

Chapter 427 Adorable Little Lamb (1)

Wrinkling his brow, Wang Deyi remains suspicious, Many days? Can it be, Old Two is really not responding?

Leave first and continue spying on my brothers movement. As for that woman who came with him, sneering with a sinister light in his iris, She better mind her own business, otherwise.

An House

Skirting into the courtyard with his peachy robe, An Xiang Ran really does have the making of a fine lady if not for that conspicuous bump on his throat.

Xiang Ran, you are back?

Like an obstacle, that vigorous and powerful voice belonged to the old senior behind the boy, which startled him upon recognition: Grandpa, are you looking for me?

I heard during this period you and that little chubby from the Wang family are very close, is it true? Wrinkling his brow, this elder thats known as An Zheng Nan sounded frustrated and helpless towards the situation.

Because the kid didnt quite understand the intent of his grandfather for asking, An Xiang Ran held off on replying immediately and instead took a moment to think it through.

That chubby from the Wang family is a tyrannical character. Im afraid you will suffer if you get too close to him, so.

Grandfather! Exclaiming on the spot, the kid finally got it, I have the freedom to choose my own friends.

Ever since he was little, this peachy boys grandfather – An Zheng Nan – have always dictated the every move of the boy, thats why he turned out in such a fashion and without proper friends. Now that the opportunity to mingle with people of his own age group has come, theres no way An Xiang Ran would let it go.

Ive had enough of those lonely days!

But my child, Grandpa here is doing this for your own good. Your father left only you behind, how can I bear to see you being bullied? Listen to Grandpa and dont have too much contact with those people.

He really does care, thats why theres nervousness and worry in those old eyes. Its not like this grandpa wants his grandson to be lonely, just that hes afraid that the boy would suffer a lot of grievances in the pursuit of making friends.

It didnt help either when the one they are talking about here was Wang Xiaopang, a child that has a long history of being physical.

Biting his lip, An Xiang Ran doesnt seem to think the same way: I am twelve years old already, I will decide my own future. Grandpa, you dont need to keep worrying yourself so much.

You. But before the elder could further his argument, the boy had already stamped his feet away, leaving the old grandpa full of worries in his eyes.

Father, it was then a low muffled voice came from the side.

Wrinkling his brows, the senior slowly shifts his gaze over to the source that was the middle-aged man standing nearby. This person was the uncle of the peachy boy, also the current chief of the An House.

Father, are you troubling yourself again for Xiang Rans sake? Chuckling at his fathers demeanor, An Zhen Ning appears to be more lax in his viewpoint, Hes already old enough, we need to give him some freedom so let him be. Otherwise, it will only be counterproductive if we be too hard.

Towards his sons persuasion, the senior only smiled while shaking his head, How can I not understand such things. I just dont want him to be hurt.

Zhen Ning, is something the matter in coming to find me?

The story is like this. Some time ago I managed to get my hands on a Dragon Fruit, then yesterday that third son of the Wang House sent someone to see me, claiming they wish to purchase it for double the price. Im here to discuss the matter with you. Father, should we sell it?

The third son, Wang Deyi? Wrinkling his forehead to the point of it becoming a prune, the elder became increasingly alarmed, You decide, but have our people be on the lookout nevertheless.

No! The grandpa had only just finished making his decision when this proud squealy voice cuts him off.

But my boy, why cant we sell this Dragon Fruit to the Wang House? Confused by his grandsons outcry, the senior questions the boy.

I say no is no! Puffing up his cheeks, the peachy boy appears to be very displeased, The Dragon Fruit is mine, I wont allow it to be sold to that person.

Chapter 428 Adorable Little Lamb (2)

Because An Xiang Rans parents died prematurely, whether it be the senior or the current chief of the An House, both adults would pamper this peachy boy to the point of calling it spoiled. Therefore, it didnt take much at all for the grandpa to nod happily in agreement: Okay, okay, the Dragon Fruit is yours my child. Zhen Ning, go get it for your nephew in a bit.

Okay Father, smiling as well like his father, An Zhen Ning readily answers the request, Then what about the Wang House?

Just ignore them.

Its quite rare for his grandson to demand something so theres no way this doting elder would deny it.

As for that third son of the Wang House, who the heck does he think he was? At best nothing but a next generation brat of a wealthy family, its not like the chief of that household was making the demand himself!

While all of this was occurring at the other place, Bai Yan on the other hand was currently enjoying herself by sipping away at the tea she prepared.

Mother. Quickly following after this call was a small little hand pushing open the door, Mother, is there something you are thinking about?

Placing the teacup down, Bai Yan pulls her son up to her lap, I asked your Auntie Hualuo to investigate the An House. It shouldnt be long before she gets her hands on the Dragon Fruit.

Mother, cuddling into her arms to meet that intimacy, Bai Xiachen proudly looks up at the woman. Let me handle this matter okay? You can rest while I do.

Yet, instead of getting very happy at her sons request, Bai Yan only showed a suspicious face: You can do it?

Instantly exploding at the lack of confidence, the little steambuns face was a cherry red due to his own emotions: Is Mother not believing in me?

Unfortunately for the baby boy, that appearance could only be called adorable, causing the woman to sneak a peck at the next possible chance.

No, of course Mother would believe in my little precious boy. You are very capable and Im proud of my one and only son.

Only then did Bai Xiachen nestle back into those arms.

I am Mothers sweet little lamb, I will solve all of your problems so you can stop working so hard. Im old enough now, I can take care of you.

I can take care of you.

Like any mother, that statement could only be called soul penetratingly warm.

Okay, I will believe you this time then. Revealing a smile as bright as the sun, Bai Yan couldnt ask for a better son in this lifetime.

WAH!

But before the mother and son duo could continue their family time, an earth-shattering cry from the outside had broke the mood.

Lets go and see whats happened.

Before long, the scene of a little girl crying her hearts out in the yard had come into sight, and beside her was a certain little kitty sitting there, licking its paws with a fierceness in its eyes.

Qinger!

Note: Old Chinese literature like to add a er to the ending of a name sometimes to show their close bond. Its like the Japanese version of Chan and San.

The first to arrive on scene would of course be Wang Deyi because the man recognized it was his daughters voice long before anyone else, What happened?

The kitty glared at me! Clinging onto her fathers hand, the girl wholeheartedly cries out, Hurry and drive that kitty away Father, I want it gone!

Chapter 429 Adorable Little Lamb (3)

To hear that sudden outburst from the little girl, the current chief of the Wang House would of course be not pleased. From that anxious expression to a cold hard one, Wang Yufan speaks out using his stern voice: Didnt I say to have her not to come out during this period, or did you take my words as a joke instead?!

Father! Wang Deyi roars out in refute, She is your own granddaughter, how can you reprimand your own flesh and blood over some outsiders. Besides, this mistake isnt only my daughters fault. If that cat didnt try to scare her then why would she cry out?

Curling that brow, the grandpa knew his son had a point, If this is indeed the cats fault, then.

Mother, catching a glimpse of that broken brick next to Little Rice, Bai Xiachen chimes in at the perfect timing. What lazy servants this place has, such a big brick lying there and wont even bother to clean it up. What if someone trips over it?

Due to everyones attention being gathered around the little girls wellbeing, they had inadvertently missed this crucial picture. Now that the little steambun has reminded them all of this, its not hard to imagine whats going on and whos at fault.

Sinking in his old face, the grandpa was the first to speak at this point: The servants of my home isnt foolish enough to make such a mistake. I want an explanation Qinger.

I Sounding guilty in her voice, the little girl uncomfortably fiddles her finger while answering, I am not wrong! All I did was throw a brick at it. I wanted to drive this animal away, what wrong did I do?!

The Wang family have always been a bloodline that prospered on the male side so this elder tended to be extra fond of his granddaughters. Therefore, to hear something like this directly from the girl herself, its not hard to imagine how disappointed Wang Yufan was in his old eyes.

Qinger, I am so disappointed in you. Back then it was you my child who provoked that demon beast, thats why it scratched you in the end. Now you want to repeat the same mistake? Shaking his old head, the grandpa sighs helplessly, Old Three, take your daughter back to her room and make sure she doesnt step out of the door!

As resentful as he was over this, Wang Deyi could do nothing right now and decides to leave. However, his legs didnt even get past the first step before the indifferent voice from behind caused him to freeze on the spot.

Did I say you can leave?

Enraged to the point of wanting to erupt, Wang Deyi instantly turns around with fire in his eyes: And what do you plan to do about it? Miss Bai Yan, Im only letting this slide out of respect for your status as an alchemist. If you continue to push your luck then I will make you regret it for the rest of your life!

Not minding the rudeness, Bai Yan flatly lays out her terms: Have her apologize to my Little Rice.

What?

This damn woman wants my daughter to say sorry to a blasted animal?

I dont want to apologize Father, its nothing but a cat. The girls eyes were just as angry as her old mans, I am a human, I refuse to apologize to a cat thats inferior to me!

Crossing her arms around the chest, Bai Yan raises a smirk at them: Dont want to? Alright, thats fine. But before then, Im sure at least one of you have taken my Dan pills before. Just spit them back out and we can cancel the deal, then we are even.

No Steaming as he righteously points at the woman, Wang Deyi refuses to stand down, Our family purchased the items with our own money, based on what can you demand us to spit it back out?

Not bothering to answer the ignorant man, Bai Yan only shot a smirky grin at Wang Deqiu whos standing to the side.

Those medicinal Dan pills were provided to us free of charge by Miss Bai Yan here, when did you spend money to buy them? Hes been pent up for a while there as well, now that Bai Yan was giving him the chance to take the stage, how can the man not shine?

Provided free of charge? Widening his eyes in shock, Wang Deyi became overwhelmed by his second brothers shamelessness.

This shrewd woman would provide such precious medicines free of charge? As if!

Furthermore.

You said she provided it free of charge, then where did the money Father sent to you go?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621K 19.5K 111
[Not MY Story] OFFLINE Purpose. I possessed the wife of the Emperor, the mad villain of a tragic novel. After a while, when the evil Emperor looks t...
69.4K 2.4K 60
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 π’˜π’‰π’ π’‡π’Šπ’π’…π’” 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 π’Šπ’ 𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’π’˜π’ π’„π’“π’†π’‚π’•π’Šπ’π’. π˜™π˜¦π˜―π˜¦π˜¦, 𝘒 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺-𝘧π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘒𝘳 𝘰𝘭π˜₯ 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...
Beyond Times By Woody

Historical Fiction

94.5K 6K 56
-"And where do I reside?" -"You reside in my heart, Priye!" Two broken souls, who endured pain and loneliness all their life. Destiny united them and...
My Sin By XxMeixiangxX

Historical Fiction

1.7M 68.2K 65
Liu Quiaqio, the Empress of the Jin Dynasty has given his heart, soul, and body to the emperor, he loved him to the point it exhausted him, but the c...