Out Of My League

By lonescenes

Y/n is somewhat a regular 17 year-old. She goes to sixth form, and hates it like every other teenager, comes... More

- one -
- two -
- three -
- four -
- five -
- six -
- seven -
- eight -
- nine -
- ten -
- eleven -
- twelve -
- fourteen -
- fifteen -
- sixteen -
- seventeen -
- eighteen -
- nineteen -
- twenty -
- twenty one -
- twenty two -
- twenty three -
- twenty four -
- twenty five -
- twenty six -
- twenty seven -
- twenty eight -
- twenty nine -
- thirty -
- thirty one -
- thirty two -
- thirty three -
- thirty four -
- thirty five -
- thirty six -
- thirty seven -
- thirty eight -
- thirty nine -
- forty -
- forty one -
- forty two -
- forty three -
- forty four -
- forty five -
- forty six-
- forty seven -

- thirteen -

4.2K 104 73
By lonescenes

(the next morning)

I wake up to the balcony door wide open. Neither of us had bothered to close it last night, we were a little preoccupied.

Billie's fast asleep, cutely wrapped up in the duvet, her hair draped across her face.

I tenderly move each strand, tucking them neatly behind her ear and revealing her full face. She's so gorgeous.

Last night was incredible. To think, 4 days ago we'd never met and now I'm lying next to her in bed.

I just laid beside her for another couple of minutes, admiring her pretty little face as she slept. Her jawline, her cheek bones, her lips, every aspect of her face. She's so beautiful. She's so perfect.

After a little while, I carefully rolled out of the bed so as not to wake her, moving the duvet once I was out ensuring she was comfortably tucked in.

I quietly walked into the bathroom, cautiously closing the door behind me. 

I have no toothbrush. Great. 

Luckily Billie had a bottle of mouthwash on the side; I'm sure she won't mind if I borrow a little. It's better than having to deal with bed breath.

I took a reserved mouthful and swished it around for a little, just until I was satisfied my breath wouldn't smell before spitting it out into the sink and rinsing it away. I splashed some water on my face to freshen it up. 

I guess that'll have to do for today's morning routine.

I walked back out into the bedroom and tried to navigate to my own clothes that were scattered on the floor amongst Billie's.

I gathered them up and got dressed, laying my hoodie on the bottom of the bed as I didn't feel like putting it on yet. 

I grabbed my phone off of the side where I left it last night and walked out on to the balcony, pulling the door closed once I was outside.

10:54 AM

No New Notifications

I better call my mum, as promised.

I scroll through my contacts until I reach her, dialling her number. I only had to wait a few rings before she picked up.

"Morning Y/n. How are you?" she opens.

"I'm alright Mum. Last night was so good." I say.

Yes it was. Last night was phenomenal.

"Which friend did you end up staying with?" she asks.

"I'm with Jules." I fable, looking at Billie undisturbed in bed.

Jules is a friend from sixth form, we've known each other since Year 7 however, she's definitely not the person I'm with right now.

"Well I'm glad you had a good night Y/n." my mum continues, "You'll have to tell me all about it when you get back. When are you coming back?" she asks.

"Jules is still asleep at the moment so I'll stay until she wakes up. We might go out for the afternoon but I'll keep you updated." I say.

"Okay honey. I'll let you get on. Wake Jules up and go out, have fun!" she suggests, "Throw some cold water over her!" she laughs.

I laugh back down the phone. 

"I don't think she'd appreciate that Mum." I gleefully oppose, "I'll see you later, love you."

"Love you too Y/n, bye."

"Bye Mum." I say before hanging up.

I'm lucky that she's relatively easy going. I guess that because I don't go out much, she's really glad when I do. She gives me a lot of freedom - that's very useful in situations like this.

I went to go back into the hotel room, grabbing the door handle and trying to slide the door.

Nothing.

Maybe I'm sliding it wrong? I attempt a few ways of opening the door, gradually getting more and more rigorous. 

Bollocks. I've locked myself out; it must've done it automatically when I pulled the door shut.

I knock on the glass. a few times, hoping to wake Billie. She stirs a little but doesn't really move.

Come on Bil, wake up.

I grow more impatient within a few seconds and my taps on the glass turn into pounds. 

"Billie!" I yell, pounding my fists on the glass.

She flinches awake, obviously startled, swiftly turning her head to look at me standing awkwardly at the door.

I can't help but chortle at her reaction. She looks like a deer in headlights.

After finishing my short, but brilliant, laughing fit, I gesture to the door handle.

She looks at me, still rather bewildered, before realising the predicament I was in. She got up out of the bed, bringing the duvet with her.

She pulls the door open with a click.

"Morning Bil." I say, giving her a peck on the cheek. "That door's completely broken, it locked me out."

She ignored me, rubbing her eyes as she was still half asleep, before slumping back onto the bed.

"What's the time?" she grumbled.

I take it she's not a morning person. It seems we have that in common.

"It's 11." I reply, taking a seat on the bottom of the bed.

"I'm hungry as fuck!" Billie exclaims, throwing the duvet off of herself and heading to the wardrobe.

"You literally just woke up." I remark with a smile.

Billie rifles through her clothes in the wardrobe before choosing an outfit. It was her usual style, oversized and attractive.

"I want a burrito." she says while putting her clothes on.

Classic Billie with her burritos. In the morning though?

"Call reception and get them to bring the car out front. I know a place." she says as she walks into the bathroom. 

I bounce to the top of the bed and lean against the headrest, grabbing the phone on the bedside table. 'Dial 9 for reception.' a leaflet on the table reads.

I press 9 and the phone begins to ring.

"Good morning this is reception, how may I assist you?"

That's rather formal.

"Um, hello. Could you bring Miss O'Connell's car out to the front please. We'll be down in a few minutes." I ask.

I better use Miss O'Connell as I don't know whether she used Billie. I remember her saying in an interview once that she usually books under unnoticeable names so she doesn't draw any unwanted attention.

"Of course Madam, it will be ready and waiting. Is there anything else I can assist you with?" the gentleman queries.

"No thank you, that's everything." I reply.

"Please don't hesitate to contact us if anything else arises. We look forward to seeing you downstairs in a moment Madam." he courteously responds before hanging up.

"They're bringing it round." I call to Billie as I place the phone back on it's receiver. 

She re-emerges from the bathroom and sits down to put on a pair of shoes. They were her Nike collab air forces. I grab my vans and slip them on. She 100% has the better shoes.

I collect my wallet from the side and we both make our way out of the door and into the lift. We had a small conversation about the concert last night before the lift stopped and we walked into reception.

The receptionist greeted us both and we simultaneously uttered a simple "Hello", continuing out of the door and into Billie's Mercedes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 4.6K 60
Y/n is looked down upon by her parents because of her sexuality. To help get out of her toxic home y/n has 3 different jobs just so she can save up a...
70.5K 1.7K 60
Billie is a popular kid in her school and y/n isn't that popular and she's new. Y/n never thought someone like Billie would even like her or want to...
47.3K 1.3K 66
living the life that many only can dream of. forced to keep up her appearances for the public, forced to work at the family company, expected to be c...
175K 6.3K 42
"you know, i haven't been able to get you off my mind," i admitted quietly. my hands were fidgeting a bit nervously on the tabletop. "i told you, i'...