Love & Business: Part III

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈 After ending a marriage of 4 years, Hunter and Sophia are back at it again. They hate each ot... More

Back to Enemies
Don't Start
The Fallen Moisturizer
Laugh Now, Cry Later
Family Time
Just tell me!
Second Place
Three Hours
Lynda's Dinner
Talking
The Interview
Ponytails
Beauty
Cliche
My Husband
I Don't Deserve You
Memories
Cream Clouds
Breaking Point
Completely Soaked
Wet Dreams
CEO-Mega-Conference!
Welcome to Venice, Italy
Teddy Bears
Unspoken Rules
A Mess Without Him
President Teddy
Surprise!
Suits
Confrontation
Revelation 31
It Was Love
Epilogue
Goodbye

Bookstore

10.1K 292 38
By _dat_one_girl_

Sophia's POV

I tossed and turned on the bed until I bumped into something hard.

My eyes immediately shot open as I remembered I slept next to Hunter last night.

He was still fast asleep on his stomach and the pillows I put in place last night were by our feet.

I watched him with concern. It didn't look like he moved one inch since yesterday. How did he manage to sleep for so long?

Slowly, I pushed out my hand to his head to see if he still had a fever but then he started waking up.

I quickly put back the pillows between us and pretended to be asleep.

He tossed a bit before I sensed he was finally waking up.

"Shit..." he mumbled.

I opened my eyes and slowly got up.

He was watching me while looking very disoriented.

"I found you here yesterday and I didn't want to wake you," I tried explaining.

He nodded before sitting up.

My eyes slowly moved to where his hands were positioned next to him on the bed. A core dream that I didn't want to remember suddenly popped up.

He grabbed my hands and intertwined them with his above my head as he picked up the pace.

I quickly jumped out of bed and he watched me looking very disturbed.

"Uh, I need to go to the bathroom," I announced while awkwardly running away.

Why would I need to broadcast that to him? He doesn't care if I pee or not.

I looked around in the bathroom for a minute or two before I flushed the toilet and walked out.

When I did, Hunter had moved from the bed to the couch.

I handed him the bag with the medicine.

"What's this?" He asked as he looked into the bag.

"They were on sale so I figured I'd just get them. You can pay me back the money," I said in my coldest tone.

"Thanks," he said before opening the container and drinking down two of the pills with water.

I scratched my hair. "You should probably eat something. I don't know if you want to join me."

He leaned back and started looking amused. "Are you inviting me to have breakfast with you?"

"No and yes."

We both got ready promptly and went to a restaurant across from the hotel.  Our meals didn't take long to come.

I wore denim jeans pants, a blue crop top styled with a high messy bun, and as usual; Hunter wore a suit.

"Santoro emailed me the contract," he said as he looked at his phone.

"Oh," I drily said while sipping my coffee.

I missed our talks.

"I'm going to check the bookstore in town. You should come."

"Are you sure?" I asked. Maybe the pills I gave him weren't good and they were making him high.

He nodded. "Yeah? You said you were going anyway so why not go together?"

"Because we don't like each other."

"We're eating together right now. Plus remember we have that apologizing bet."

I thought about it some more before nodding. "You're right. We should go."

...

"I didn't know you liked books," I said as I skimmed through one in the non-fiction section.

"Yeah, I use to be a bookworm before I took over the business," he answered while reading the description of the book in his hand.

I turned to him in shock. "You've never told me this."

He looked back at me with a weak smile. "You never asked."

I felt something jump in my chest as he moved on to the fiction aisle.

I walked up to catch him before something caught my eye.

It was the very first romance novel I read when I was a teen. It was a simple friends-to-lovers trope-good up beginning readers.

My range of books was wide when I was a teen. I use to read dark, smutty, enemies to lovers tropes to cute first love romances.

"Do you see something you like?" Hunter asked as walked closer to see what I was doing.

I snapped out of my nostalgia and turned to him. I picked up the book and showed it to him.

"This is the first book I've ever read. I think I'm going to reread it."

He took it out from my hand and examined it. "Wow, I can't believe they still make these things. It must be an antique book if you've read it."

I punched him on the arm and he laughed.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding!" He surrendered.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to smile as I grabbed the book back from him.

We started heading out of the section.

"Aren't you getting anything from this section?"

He shook his head. "Nah, you know I'm not a big fan of romance."

I wish he was.

I simply nodded.

"Let's go find a bedtime storybook for Blaze," Hunter suggested.

I smiled brightly as I nodded. There was no joking when it came to Blaze's bedtime stories. He loved when we read from the physical book.

"Let's see..." Hunter said as he scanned through.

He was a meticulous man when it came to buying things.

He had to bend his back a bit as he had outgrown the height of the children selves.

Thoughts of us together flowed through my mind as I watched him. He attracted me so much. It was like he was some kind of magnet.

His finger then handed one. "Found it! Ready to make out?"

My eyes widened. "Excuse me?"

He lifted the book which was in his hand. "I asked if you were ready to check out?"

"Oh, yes," I laughed as I pushed past him to get to the cashier.

He gave the cashier his card.

"Hunter, I'm not in the mood to repeat what happened last time so please let me pay for myself."

"You said I have to compensate for that medicine you bought me so this is it."

I stepped aside and allowed him to pay.

"Thanks."

He handed me the bags as we walked out of the store.

"Don't thank me, it's just a simple contract. You get something, I get something."

"Do you have to ruin everything with legal facts?"

He shrugged.

It didn't take long before we reached back to the hotel.

He looked down at me before looking off in the elevator. I noticed that he kept doing that throughout the day.

"Is there something wrong?"

"No," he said as he walked out of the elevator.

"Come on, tell me," I begged as I followed him inside the room.

"It's your hair..." he mumbled.

"My hair?" I ran to the mirror. "What's wrong with my hair?"

"It looks like shit. Take it down."

I frowned. "No, it doesn't."

I walked up to him. "Are you messing with me right now? Is this some sick joke you're playing to make me feel bad?"

He started backing up. "Just take it down or stay back."

"No," I said moving closer to him.

Each step I took forward, he took backward.

"Sophia," he said in a low tone.

His jaws were clenched and it looked like he was fighting himself internally.

I'll make sure we stick to being enemies from now on.

I finally stopped as his words echoed across my mind.

He used that opportunity to push past me and once again walked out on me.

...
Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.5K 36
𝐀𝐧 π„π§πžπ¦π’πžπ¬ 𝐭𝐨 π‹π¨π―πžπ«π¬ 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 Sophia Bass is the future CEO of Bass Enterprises Ltd. who sees Hunter, a businessman who she betray...
276K 5K 68
Like friends with benefits, but enemies. Usually, it's angry sex, but in a good way. Two enemies that are sexually involved with each other, but are...
124K 3.7K 30
There's a thin line between hate and Love. That's what the saying says. But for the two individuals who grown to hate each other is just a silly joke...
116K 2.9K 59
This Story is a Sequel to Broken so I suggest you read that first before coming to this one because then you are not going to understand Anything. Th...