DON'T PANIC--KartheyM's Guide...

Par KartheyM

If you're here, you're probably following this profile, or you discovered it when a mutual follower added one... Plus

ORIGINAL WORKS: Long and Short, Short Story Collections
FANFICTIONS
GENRE CATEGORY: Literary Retellings/Fairy Tales
GENRE CATEGORY: Paranormal
THE SUGGESTION BOX: A Complete Overview
SHORT STORIES: Sorted By Genre
THEME CATEGORY: Crime/Whodunnit

GENRE CATEGORY: Portal Fantasy

2 0 0
Par KartheyM

A Writer's Tale--1: The Dragon's Quest; 2: The Commander's Courage; 3: The Sheriff's Showdown

A series based on a serial story I wrote as a personal challenge back in 2014, this series follows Laura, a writer stumped for ideas, as she crosses a magical portal that essentially transports her into the worlds of her unfinished drafts, each taking on different genre styles, and the tropes that go along with it. It starts with The Dragon's Quest, which is, of course, a high fantasy world (actually, if you've read the fanfictions Lost in Phantasm or The "Return" of MacPherson, then I can confirm that the fantasy world I used is the same one featured in these two, Phantasm) where Laura must team up with a unicorn, a dragon, and a fairy to rescue a gryphon and aid the dragon in literally earning his name. In The Commander's Courage, Laura is transported to a battleship in space, and must brave an invading alien force, a ship-wide lockdown, a broken android, and a bitter mechanic to save the defending crew and survive in time for her next adventure. The Sheriff's Showdown takes on the Western genre, as Laura is transported to a small town besieged by bandits constantly looting businesses and causing all manner of trouble. Can Laura figure out what is really going on before the townspeople start to suspect her?  This series is ongoing still, as there are more adventures to be had!

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/150865241-a-writer%27s-tale-1-the-dragon%27s-quest

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/177370907-a-writer%27s-tale-2-the-commander%27s-courage

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/207718517-a-writer%27s-tale-3-the-sheriff%27s-showdown

Suggestion Box Stories: The Legend of The Ecrivaine/Serenity's Light

The Suggestion Box is getting their own section to further explain how these things work, but for now I'll just mention these two stories that happen to fall into the Portal Fantasy category!

The Legend of The Ecrivaine is about a girl named Faith who thought she was just going on vacation to visit her aunt in France... but once there, she discovers a legacy several generations in the making that she is now a part of! "Ecrivaine" is French for "writer", and it was an ancestor of Faith's who first wrote the story that opened the portal into another dimension and summoned the Midnight Dragon. Now it's time for the Dragon to be sent back, which can only happen at a certain location, and can only be accomplished by a direct descendant of the first Ecrivaine--but there are others who want control over the dragon, and they will stop at nothing to achieve such power.

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/70917105-the-suggestion-box-vol-2-the-legend-of-the

Meanwhile, Serenity's Light brings together a Fae warrior, a wood-nymph, an immortal Viking, a museum curator, and a history professor to collect three enchanted items that had been scattered through time, and reunite them to return the light of Serenity--the sun of the Fae's world--to the world shrouded by darkness, and they must complete the collection before the items are swept up by a Dark Fae who intends to keep the power for herself!

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/84521399-serenity%27s-light-a-suggestion-box-story

The Dragon's Mark: Think Cinderella, with Dragons! This one is somewhat of a portal fantasy too, mainly because I borrowed the Midnight Dragon concept from The Legend of The Ecrivaine, and there's even a cameo of an important side character from that story in this one as well--so instead of just being oppressed because she's a step-child, my Cinderella character, Stella, is shunned because her skin, when bruised or injured, develops these hard, flaky, dragon-scale-like scars. She serves a widowed noblewoman whose importance comes from her late husband's connections to the ruling family over this 1920's Italian city. Her world is flipped upside-down when she receives the gift of a magical ring with a disturbing history, and she discovers a hidden truth about the ruling family that calls their legitimacy into question--but who would believe a girl whose body is riddled with scars? What is everyone hiding?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/169490328-the-dragon%27s-mark-a-twisted-fairy-tale

Fanfictions

The Telmar Trilogy--1: The Legend of Telmar; 2: Her Ladyship of Telmar; 3: The Legacy of Telmar (Chronicles of Narnia)

This is a trilogy based on Chronicles of Narnia, more of a continuation. I had the idea of a main character who is deaf-mute here in the "real world", but when Aslan calls her to Narnia, she finds she can hear and speak there in the magical world. I didn't want to use Narnia itself, though, because there is already a whole series about that magical land, from its beginning to its end! So instead, I had my main character heading to Telmar each time, as that was a country that doesn't really show up a whole lot in the series, and I could set her adventures in the midst of the period of time when the Caspians took over Narnia, so there wouldn't really be Pevensies around a whole lot. (Except when my main character ends up living with Susan and Peter as they move out to begin attending college!)

Melanie is accustomed to being treated as an outcast, so when a chance meeting results in her saving the life of a Telmarine Lord, she finds herself the recipient of high honors befitting a noblewoman. Can this strange young woman and her schoolteacher companion really make a difference in the kingdom of Telmar? 

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/102717847-the-legend-of-telmar-the-telmar-trilogy-vol-1

Melanie returns to Telmar a second time, to claim her inheritance as the governing Lady of the smallest province in the kingdom. But Aslan has a purpose for sending her to this place, if she can just stay the course and follow His leading. Can she single-handedly cleanse the markets of Nast from the plague of guild-loyal merchants who swindle and inflate and take advantage of the rural farmers? Or will the temptation of riches and honor be her downfall?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/107599456-her-ladyship-of-telmar-the-telmar-trilogy-vol-2

After Susan and Peter graduate, the Pevensies seem to be moving on... but Aslan calls Melanie back to Telmar yet again, and this time, two whole generations have passed. How much has remained of her rule? How much has changed, and what sort of legacy has she built in this small, out-of-the-way kingdom? 

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/114277200-the-legacy-of-telmar-the-telmar-trilogy-volume-3

Lost in Phantasm (Merlin) *ONGOING

Featuring my original fantasy world of Phantasm, Merlin and Arthur pursue a thief into the forest and through a portal into a magical world where humans are few and unicorns, dwarves, trolls, and giants roam freely. But the king and his manservant are separated soon after their arrival, and Arthur is captured by a group of trolls who want to bring him before the Mighty Wizard--can Merlin find him in time for the two to return to Camelot?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/309068946-lost-in-phantasm-merlin-fanfiction

The "Return" of MacPherson (Warehouse 13)

Also featuring characters and a connection to Phantasm, this time it's a Warehouse thing, as the man from 19th-century Scotland who found his way into Phantasm to pose as a "wizard" with all of his inventions and skills that the fantasy world had never seen before happened to bear the same surname as a villain from Season 2 of that show! What begins as a simple case of mistaken identity turns into an incredible adventure when the Warehouse agents discover that this man has been sleepwalking through a portal into another world, and collecting fairies for some unknown reason! Can they figure out the artifact that's causing the issue before someone ends up dead?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/217265240-the-return-of-macpherson-warehouse-13-fanfiction

Alice's Adventures in Storybrooke (Once Upon A Time/Once Upon A Time In Wonderland)

Sort of a "new" take on various common fairy tales and adventure novels, in the style of the show Once Upon A Time, particularly as it crossed over with Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. This involves the characters from both shows, but includes peripheral characters from tales like Cinderella, Treasure Island, Robin Hood And His Merry Men, and Aladdin! To be honest, it's more of a "fix-fic" of the actual crossover, since I felt jilted with the way it played out in the show... and I knew they could do so much better! 

In this version, Cyrus, Alice, and Anastasia end up in Storybrooke, while Will (who becomes a genie) is separated, into the Enchanted Forest, where he meets up with an old acquaintance from his Merry Men days, a scrawny street rat named Jasmine, who has taken a job working for Lady Drizella and wants Will to reunite her with her true love, young Allan-a-Dale. Meanwhile, Jafar arrives in Storybrooke looking for the last genie, and various characters in the town will aid Alice and her friends, while others seek to play on Jafar's side for the promise of power... Can they defeat Jafar, or will he succeed in his quest for phenomenal cosmic power?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/144808728-alice%27s-adventures-in-storybrooke-a-crossover

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

231K 817 26
its all in the title babes 😋
53.3K 3.1K 68
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
223K 11.2K 90
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
43.6K 921 91
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...