One Step Forward // English v...

By ChatelakArts

Remake of the story "Algo Especial" It tells the story about when Lucy Wilde discovers that she is pregnant... More

🌹 PRESENTATION 🌹
Part 1: The news
Part 2: The Big Party
Part 3: Childhood
Part 4: Villains
Part 5: One little step forward
Part 6: Progress
Part 7: Shopping Day
Part 8: Catch Me
Part 9: First mission
Part 10: Happy Birthday!
Part 11: Counting Stars
Part 12: One year older
Part 13: Rain
Part 14: Are you okay?
✨ Epilogue ✨

Part 15: The day has come.

117 0 0
By ChatelakArts

~ After these 9 months, the day had come.  It was December 27th, Gru and Lucy were finally in the hospital.  Lucy had been having contractions all month that were worse every day and they had already gone to the hospital about 3 times so that they would later be sent home, even at Christmas.
Gru had to take paternity leave in early December to spend more time with his wife and prepare for any emergencies.  After so many comings and goings from the hospital, this time the doctors decided that it was time.  Lucy was already hospitalized and preparing for childbirth, waiting to reach 10cm dilation and Gru was all the time without leaving her side, he even worried about her when he had to go down to the cafeteria  for something.  Lucy herself is quite strong and she was coping quite well with the situation, some grimaces of pain alarmed Gru but he knew that this was normal in any pregnancy and that calmed him down.  Meanwhile, Dru stayed home taking care of the girls.

Throughout the day, Gru's nerves were controlled, perhaps they rose when Lucy had stronger contractions that caused him to have to hold her hand until that finished, but he managed to be fine although it hurt him to see his wife suffer.  The two already expected this situation in advance, there is no doubt that in the first months of the pregnancy they had been informed of most things that the pregnancy implied.  Lucy had been told what she should do at all times.

She spent the whole day and night like that, trying to be strong together in the hope of having her baby in her arms soon.  For every minute that passed, they were closer to that moment.
And so it happened, the night passed and it was 8 in the morning of the 28th. Everything was fine until... Lucy's water broke.  The doctors had told them that she would be in labor by now and that obviously drove Gru crazy.  He was almost going to be able to meet his little one, they were almost going to be able to hold him in their arms, this wait was almost over.  He was going to become the father of his own biological son.

When the doctors were preparing everything for the delivery, Gru had another nervous breakdown and he had to be calmed down by Lucy.  ~

- Gru: The baby is coming...

- Lucy: Honey, everything is going to be alright, yes?

- Gru: Yes, I know, but..

-Lucy: You're even more nervous than me, you're trembling...- She said after wincing.  -

- Gru: I don't like seeing you like this, seriously..

-Lucy: I know, but surely later you will like to see me with the baby in my arms...-She said putting one of her hands on Gru's cheek.  -

Gru: I love you..

- Lucy: You know I do too.  -She said holding Gru's hand with strength.-

~ And so time passed, Gru holding Lucy's hand to help her endure the contractions and Lucy simply taking her nerves off with her charm.  He also helped Lucy to breathe properly and that helped her, together they were doing everything perfectly.  At times, he also kissed her face to distract her from the situation.

After a few minutes, the nurses were ready to take Lucy to the delivery room.
Two friendly nurses were wheeling Lucy into the ward while Gru walked beside her.  Gru was so nervous that his heart jumped out of his throat, he began to sweat nonstop.  Lucy just held his hand on the way, it was a long corridor.  Suddenly, Gru began to see everything blurry and feel dizzy.  The only thing he could see was how one of the nurses grabbed him so that he would not fall to the ground.

He woke up and quickly looked around.  He was lying on several chairs in the waiting room, with one of the nurses and Lucy in the wheelchair next to him.  ~

- Lucy: Honey, you fainted from nerves..

Gru: Oh...

- Lucy: I'm afraid you should stay here resting...

- Gru: I don't want to leave you alone..

- Lucy: I'll be fine, I promise.  - She said giving his a kiss on the forehead.  - Besides, you won't be alone.

- Gru: Who's coming?

- Lucy: You'll see..

~ The nurses indicated that Lucy should go now, Gru knew because she did not stop showing grimaces of pain even though she spoke softly to him.  Lucy told him "I love you" and started to walk away to go to the living room.  That left Gru unfocused, he knew that Lucy was strong but he felt like an idiot for fainting at such an important moment.
Eternal minutes passed, he only listened to the Tik Tak of the clock that was hanging in the corridor.  Waiting for her was eternal, he did not stop thinking about her and he drinks from her..

How will they be?

What will Lucy think of me after embarrassing her at this important moment?

Why me..

All those thoughts vanished when a shrill voice from afar mentioned his name.  ~

- Gru: Dru?!  - He said quite surprised.  -

- Dru: That's right brother.  I found out what happened, Lucy sent me a message to come over...

Gru: Well... at least I won't be alone, like she said.

- Dru: Forget about it, you're going to be a father!  - He said patting him on the back.  -

- Gru: And what about the girls?

- Dru: I called mom to take care of them...

- Gru: And how did you come?

Dru: By taxi...

Gru: Well...

~ There was an awkward silence for a few minutes when Dru knew perfectly well that Gru wasn't at his best.  He himself could witness the fear in his voice and eyes, and though it was difficult, Dru could understand it.  Gru just stared at the sign that read "Delivery Room" and the door.  He only wanted to see his wife again and meet his baby... He without Lucy was like a plant without sun... Lucy was his sunshine... Dru was sad to see her brother of him that way.  ~

- Dru: I know that Lucy will be missing you as much as you miss her.  -He said to break the silence.  -

- Gru: It's not that, it was my fear that kept me away from her..

- Dru: Afraid of what?

- Gru: To.. lose her..

~ Dru just hugged Gru to make him feel safe.  ~

- Gru: Thanks brother, what would I do without you?

-Dru: No problem.  -

~ Dru started talking to him for a long time to distract him until the conversation was interrupted when a nurse came out of the room.  ~

- Nurse: Mr. Gru?  Congratulations, you can enter!  -She said making a gesture indicating that he can enter.  -

- Dru: Come on, go there!

~ Gru got up from his seat and started walking towards the room.  Dru was behind him.  He was still nervous and pretty, he was still sweating but he was sure that he was all right.  Halfway down the road, Dru patted him on the back and said good-bye to go home to the girls.  Gru was completely alone crossing that corridor that gave him so much fear.  The idea that he was going to meet his own biological son after 9 months, something that he and Lucy had formed and cared for all this time, kept spinning in his head.  He was happy inside of him.  And this was the moment where he reached the door and looked up.

His wife was there.  She was holding a small bundle wrapped in a blue blanket, her emerald eyes were only fixed on the little being's face that Gru couldn't see from distance.  The moment Lucy noticed Gru's presence, she looked at him with a sparkle in her eyes and a big smile from ear to ear.  Gru shone too.  There she was resting his little piece of heaven .. ~

- Lucy: Hey Gru!  Come closer.

~ Gru walked slowly towards her because of his nerves.

Before he could say anything, Lucy hugged Gru with his only free arm and he reciprocated.  They started talking, Gru had his eyes fixed only on Lucy.  ~

- Gru: I really wanted to see you..

- Lucy: And me too!

- Gru: I'm sorry about what happened before.

- Lucy: It's okay honey, the important thing is that you're okay.  - She said with a shy smile.  -

Gru: And Lucas?  - He said looking at the small bundle.

-Lucy: Look at him... he is so beautiful... Oh, he is opening his eyes!

- Gru: He has your hair... and your Nose!  And your freckles...

-Lucy: And he has beautiful eyes identical to those of his father.. Do you want to hold him in your arms?

- Gru: Delighted..

~ As soon as Gru picked up the baby, he began to look at him.  Gru could appreciate his beautiful eyes, identical to his as Lucy said.  He only appreciated how he had in his own hands what he and Lucy had formed after 9 months after so many moments, he was carrying his little baby.  His eyes began to fill with tears as he continued to think about it.  ~

- Gru;  And you're right .. he is the most beautiful ..

~ Gru's eyes filled with tears as he watched Lucas.  Gru didn't used to cry very often.  Lucy only tenderly admired the scene while she also sheds the occasional tear.  Little Lucas only opened and closed his eyes due to sensitivity to light, looking for his mother.  ~

- Lucy: Come on, are you crying?

-Gru: I think I'm not the only one...-he said before planting a kiss on her lips. -

~ Lucy just held the baby again while Gru hugged her.  The two just enjoyed the moment, a moment where it was only the 3 of them. Perhaps Lucy was quite tired, she had given all her strength but she couldn't help but appreciate her little newborn.  ~

- Gru: How was the first time you saw him?

- Lucy: Just as soon as he was born the doctors carefully placed him on my chest.  His crying calmed down, it was nice to see how he was clinging to me... Some tears slid down in my cheek, I started to talk to him to calm him down...

- Gru: The wait was worth it.  - He said while he appreciated how Lucas enclosed Gru's finger in his tiny hand.  -

-Lucy: I love you ..-She said as she rested her head on Gru's shoulder.  -

Gru: Me more.

- Lucy: All this would not be possible without you..

- Gru: You brightened up my life after all.. After meeting the girls, you were the missing piece in my life.

- Lucy: Since when are you so corny?  - She said between giggles.  -

- Gru: I'm too happy.. take advantage of it.

~ And that's how they hung out.  Together, appreciating the love they had for each other and appreciating his little baby.  ~

❤️12/28❤️
❤️10:15/Am❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 303 23
β•” ═ ═ ═ ═ β•— β•‘ Book Three β•‘ β•‘ of β•‘ β•‘ Three β•‘ β•š ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Her patience is wearing thin. Her life has...
152K 3.8K 47
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." ~quote from Albert Einstein 🐺�...
115K 934 68
I got locked out of the VanessaWolfe1 account and had to make a brand new one. I'm going to basically revise the story as I go to the parts I feel li...
108K 2.2K 27
β•” ═ ═ ═ ═ β•— β•‘ Book One β•‘ β•‘ of β•‘ β•‘ Three β•‘ β•š ═ ═ ═ ═ ╝ Fear doesn't shut her down. It wakes her...