The Enemy's Ex-Wife (Complete...

By senoradanah

A Mafia Story ••••••• Leila Romano is Giovanni Russo's wi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome To New York
Chapter Two - Who The Fuck Are You?
Chapter Three - Interrogation
Chapter Four - The Mutual Understanding
Chapter Five - Purr-ple Cheeks
Chapter Six - Mole
Chapter Seven - We Keep Meeting Like This
Chapter Eight - Mother's Love
Chapter Nine - Stress
Chapter Ten - Attacked
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve- Demetrio
Chapter Thirteen - Don't Go
Chapter Fourteen - Closer
Chapter Fifteen - Mission I
Chapter Sixteen - Alberto
Chapter Seventeen - A Huge Confrontation
Chapter Eighteen - A Huge Confrontation pt. 2
Chapter Nineteen - The Story & The Kiss
Chapter Twenty- Suspicions
Chapter Twenty One - Apology
Chapter Twenty-Two - A Princess & A Terrible Accident
Chapter Twenty Three - In Captivity
Chapter Twenty Four - Saving Leila pt. 1
Chapter Twenty Five - Saving Leila pt. 2
Chapter Twenty-Six - Lorenzo Spilling The Tea
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Callie
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Movie Night
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Angelica's Disaster
Chapter Thirty - Confrontation
Chapter Thirty-One - The Truth pt. 1
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Truth pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Three - Adam
Chapter Thirty-Four - Adam pt. 2
Chapter Thirty-Six - A Little Bonding
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Adam & Dalila
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Mia
Chapter Thirty- Nine - Approval
Chapter Forty - Mr. & Mrs. González

Chapter Thirty-Five- The Last Mission

26.2K 832 93
By senoradanah

*LEILA*

"Are you sure you are feeling okay?" Rio asked, looking at my belly.

That was the third time he asked and every time, I said the same thing. I was fine.

"Rio, I am okay, I promise."

"I am just worried, Leila. We are going to Mateo's ship, where Giovanni and the others are being held, and I can't help but think that something bad might happen. I am so scared," he explained, making my heart clench.

I was so selfish that I didn't think about what Rio was feeling. "I am sorry, Rio. You are right," I replied, hugging him. "But don't worry. You will be with me the entire time. Plus, Lorenzo, Mateo, and Adam are going to be there, along with Mateo's and Lorenzo's men."

"You are right, my love," he said, kissing me.

"Are you ready?" Adam asked from behind the door.

I saw Rio rolling his eyes, still not liking how Adam was being everywhere, but he controlled his emotions, for me.

"Yes," Rio replied coldly. When he saw me looking at him, he said, "Sorry, I just can't help it."

"It's okay, he deserved it anyway," I said, making him grin.

"I love you," he murmured, burying his face in my neck.

"I love you too."

* * *

An hour later, we arrived at the dock. There were many ships and boats parked and tied to the dock.

We followed Mateo and two of his men to his ship. Every time we got closer, the ships became larger, and Mateo's ship was the largest.

It looked like the cargo ships, where he probably used this one to ship weapons and other stuff to Spain from the U.S. I never asked Lorenzo what Mateo worked in, especially after he retired. The Martinez mafia was no longer operating unless they helped other mafias with shipments like they did for Lorenzo.

"Be careful," Mateo said, grabbing my hand and helping me into the ship.

Rio and Adam were mad that they weren't the ones to help me, which caused Mateo to smirk at his victory.

We walked inside and Mateo greeted everyone.

I started feeling nervous because I haven't seen my father and brother in a very long time. Even hearing their voices brought terrible memories back, so what would happen when I see their faces?

"Are you ready?" Adam asked, cutting my thinking off.

"Not really. I am nervous," I replied.

"You know you don't have to do this, right?" Adam gently asked.

"I know, but I want to. I need to do it," I firmly said.

"Okay."

We proceeded below the ship through narrow stairs. Rio supported me while going down so I don't slip.

"Open the door," Mateo ordered one of his men.

The man took the keys out and opened the steel door. The smell was terrible. My pregnant self almost couldn't take it as I was going to vomit.

We entered the room and saw the three men who made my life a living hell, hanging on the ceiling.

Giovanni was wide awake when I looked at him, but the other two were long unconscious.

When Giovanni saw me, his jaw clenched, and gritted his teeth. His eyes narrowed and tried so hard to break free as if he wanted to come and hit me.

Goosebumps appeared on my skin as I looked at the three of them. Instant regret for coming here washed over me, but I kept reminding myself that I had to be the one to end it once and for all.

"Wake those two up," I ordered one of Mateo's men. He looked at Mateo for approval and Mateo lost it. "When she tells you something from now on, you do it!"

I felt bad for him because how could he know, but I didn't have time to think about it.

After a few minutes, my father and brother were awake.

It didn't take long for them to see me and freeze in their places as if they could move. Their eyes widen at first but then were shadowed by anger.

"Leila..." Marco, my brother, called with a smirk. "You're finally in front of me." He laughed like the sick person he was.

That made Mateo and Rio extremely mad that Rio couldn't hold himself back. He punched Marco in the face. "Fucking, asshole."

"Can you all leave me with them?" I asked.

"No, never going to happen!" Adam said.

"Absolutely, not!" Rio said.

"Please, I need to be alone with them."

"Can at least one of us stay here?" Mateo asked.

I thought about it and agreed.

"Fine," I said. "Lorenzo, you can stay."

They all were confused as to why I chose Lorenzo. Mateo was so jealous but he tried not to show it. Rio didn't say anything. After all, he knew me too well to know that I chose Lorenzo because he lets me do whatever I want. Lorenzo knew I could do it and wasn't scared of anything.

"Fine," Mateo gritted and left the room, with the rest trailing behind him.

I stood in front of him with evilness in my eyes and a smirk plastered on my lips, and said, "You know, I have dreamt of this moment, the moment where you die, father." I mocked the word father.

I told Lorenzo to give me one of the knives placed on the table.

I lifted the knife in my hand and trailed it down my father's face.

"Have you ever felt remorse?" I asked him with clear venom in my voice.

His eyes remained the same. The same cold, fucking disgusting eyes. The same emotionless eyes that beat me every day and night.

"You haven't." I chuckled angrily. "Why?" I asked. "Why did you treat me like that? What did I ever do to you?"

"You are his daughter, that's why," he spat.

He fucking knew and never told me that I wasn't his. I have always known them to be my family and they never did anything to tell me otherwise.

"Then why take me?" I asked.

"Money. They paid me to keep you," he said with no emotions.

"They?" I asked, wanting to hear the truth from his mouth.

"Why don't you ask your father? I am sure he already knows," he said.

"Oh, he does and I do too," I replied.

"You know, father, I am glad I am not your daughter. I am glad that I don't have your blood. It's such a shame," I spat and sliced his throat shocking everyone in the room. They probably didn't expect me to have the stomach to do this, or that I would do this, this fast.

"You didn't expect me to do this, do you?" I smirked and made my way to Marco. I looked him in the eyes and he was smirking. I knew he was doing that as a defense mechanism and that he was scared like hell on the inside.

"So, brother, how do you want to end this?"

"How about we finish what we almost did that night?" He chuckled. That night was the worst night of my life. The night that who I thought was my brother, almost raped me.

"Right, what you almost did that night, not me," I spat. "You know Marco, your dick was so small and disgusting. I pray that it grows bigger-" I said, "-oh, I forgot," I said dramatically, "-it can't since you are dying," I added, wiping the smirk off his face.

But it came back, "At least, I'll be coming in your dreams. Do you still dream of me, Leila?"

I ignored his question and proceeded to ask mine. "Do you love your mother, Marco?" I asked evilly, hitting a nerve. I knew for a fact that he loved his mother so much and I knew that I would kill her one day, and that day would come soon.

"You leave my mother out of THIS!" he yelled and I laughed.

"Marco...I am going to cut her into pieces and feed her to the wolves. But before that, I am going to make her scream and cough blood, and wish she treated me like a daughter. I am going to make her beg for mercy," I spat.

A tear left his eye shocking me. I didn't expect that, but it made me so happy.

So fucking happy.

"You leave her out of this..." His voice cracked but tried to compose himself.

"But she was in this all along..." I sang evilly. I lifted my knife again and started cutting his face. I saw fear in Giovanni's face when I looked at him because he knew that he would be next and no one would save him.

Marco was screaming. His screams filled the room and it satisfied me.

I then stabbed his left eye making him scream and his body was shaking from the pain. He didn't shut up. He kept screaming and screaming. I then wanted to end this with his heart, so I lifted the knife to his heart and stabbed it hard. His body stopped shaking and his screams shut down. His right eye was still opened, but his soul was already on its way down, assuming that up for heaven and down for hell.

I turned my attention to Giovanni, whose mouth was opened, shocked at what he just witnessed. He brought his eyes up and found mine.

"And you..." I started, "You destroyed me, Giovanni."

"P-Please, don't do this. Don't do this to your baby's father," he begged.

I chuckled, "You are not anyone's father and you will never be. My daughter's father is Demetrio." I smirked when I said Demetrio's name.

"Fuck him," he spat.

"You know, I loved you, Giovanni, how could you do this to me?" I started again calmly. "How could you betray me like that? We loved each other, remember?"

"Y-Yes..." he replied.

"Then, what changed?" I asked.

"I guess power and money blind you," he replied calmly.

"So, now we are being honest? Now, you admit of it?" I asked angrily.

"I am sorry..." he cried. "S-Sorry for everything. Sorry for raping you, sorry for hitting you...sorry for everything."

"You're too late, Giovanni. Too late," I said sadly. "But." His eyes held some hope, "I will have mercy on you."

"You will die with no pain," I said. "Do you know why? because I am not you! I am not a monster like you. Sure, I tortured Marco a bit, but that was nothing compared with what you all do. I will never be you Gio," I said weakly.

"I hope you rot in hell, Giovanni," I spat and shot him with the gun I picked from the table beside him.

I didn't feel anything. I didn't feel regret or sadness. For the first time in my life, I felt happy. Happy that these three men are dead. I cannot even call them men because they were not. They were cowards and I hope they stay in hell forever.

I glanced at Lorenzo who had a proud smile on his face. I guess I had a wicked personality within me somewhere that made Lorenzo proud.

"Feed them to the wolves, they don't deserve a grace," I said, making my way out.

* * *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.9K 3K 25
Leila always believed that she was cursed to be born as one of the Lambordi. Her brothers were scary and they hated her. Thus, she always tried to st...
1.7M 63.9K 54
Sequel of His girl Damien Russo, his name makes people scared. Almost everyone knows him either for being a successful billionaire or for being the p...
61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...
1M 26.8K 43
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO OF HIS MAFIA QUEEN. NOT TO BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE. DESCRIPTION CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK |Disclai...