𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 ✼...

By marvelgirl_10

||BEHIND THE MASK SERIES: BOOK 5|| ────── ✼✼✼ ────── "If you wanna beat this guy, you're gonna have to trust... More

𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓
𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐒
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
𝐒𝐄𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐋

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

45 4 2
By marvelgirl_10

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

When Alex finally arrived at her destination, she was greeted by flames and smoke along with the scattered pieces of the plane. Panic coursed through her veins as she stared at the scene in front of her before she raced into the destruction to find Peter. As she ran around the shards of metal and the fires that littered the sand, the Easton girl's eyes scanned over the terrain around her in search of the Parker boy. It wasn't long before she spotted his unmoving form lying down in the sand surrounded by flames.

The speedster just stared at the brunette boy for a long moment while thinking the worst had been realized. That was until she saw Peter reach up and pull off his mask before carefully pushing himself up into a sitting position. A smile formed on Alex's face as she watched the boy in red slowly forced himself to his feet before his attention was pulled toward something in the distance. The world seemed to slow as the Easton girl followed his gaze to find Adrien Toomes appearing out of the smoke and flying straight toward Spider-Man. Alex's instincts took over before could think as she sprinted forward as fast as she could and tackled Peter out of the way. The force caused the two of them to roll through the sand until they stopped inches away from one of the fires.

Their rapid breathing was in sync as the two teens stayed in the sand and stared at each other with wide eyes. That continued for a moment longer before they looked over to where the Toomes man landed. Sparks flew from the man's wings as he slowly got to his feet and turned around to face the young heroes.

"Hey, Pedro," Adrien said with his glowing green eyes glued to Peter then they landed on the girl standing next to him, "so now the sidekick has a sidekick. That's adorable."

"Did he just call you Pedro?" the Easton girl asked the boy next to her without thinking as her eyebrows furrowed in confusion while keeping her eyes glued to the Toomes man.

"I'm surprised that you're questioning that and not how he called you my sidekick," Peter replied through labored breaths and Alex knew he'd be laughing if they were in any other situation.

Before the speedster had a chance to respond to the web-slinger, the flying man came at them. Alex didn't think twice as she grabbed the Parker boy's arm and sped them out of the way of Adrien's attack. As soon as they were in the clear, Peter turned and shot a stream of webs at the man, only to miss by a few feet. It wasn't long after that when the Toomes man flew toward them once again, causing Spider-Man to push Zephyr out of the way, sending the speedster back into the sand. When Alex looked back toward Peter, she found him pinned to the floor by one of Adrien's metal bird feet while the man repeatedly punched the Parker boy in the face.

Anger flowed through the Easton girl's veins as she got to her feet before she sprinted as fast as she could at the Toomes man. When she was close enough to him, Alex brought her fist back and swung it at Adrien's cheek with just enough force to send him stumbling back. The speedster placed herself between Peter and Adrien while she and the latter had a staredown. Before another thought could go through the Easton girl's head, the Toomes man flew straight at her with his fist out in front of him. However, just as he was about to make contact, the Parker boy stepped in front of Alex and grabbed his fist, stopping the punch in mid-air. That caused Adrien to fly up into the sky, taking the Parker boy with him. The redheaded girl watched helplessly from the sand as they fought high above her before Adrien threw Peter into the sand.

Alex instantly sped toward Peter and forced him to roll onto his back while she checked him over for any major injuries. However, when she looked back up to meet his eyes, she found him staring at something behind her with fear on his face. Before she could turn to see what he was looking at, the Easton girl felt something grab her around the waist. She watched as the same thing happened to the Parker boy before both of them were lifted into the air and slammed into the sand. That repeated a few more times until they were both lifted into the air by Adrien's wings. The Toomes man studied the two heroes for a long moment before his attention fell on something behind Alex and Peter.

"Bingo," Adrien muttered just loud enough for the teens to hear him before dropping them back onto the sand and taking off his helmet.

Alex and Peter forced themselves up onto their elbows to see the Toomes man approaching a box full of small glowing objects. It didn't take long for the Easton girl to realize exactly what they were. Arc reactors. The same exact devices that powered Tony Stark's suit. Neither of the teens moved as they watched Adrien use his mechanical talons to lift up the box before he began flying into the sky. He was only a few feet up in the air when his wings began sparking and glowing brighter than ever.

"That doesn't look good," the Easton girl muttered under her breath while keeping her eyes glued to the destroyed wings.

"Your wingsuit," Peter said just loud enough for Alex to hear before he shouted at the Toomes man in a panicked tone, "your wingsuit's gonna explode!"

Despite the warning, Adrien simply ignored the Parker boy and continued to attempt to fly away with his prize. While Alex continued to watch the scene in front of her with wide eyes, Peter managed to lift one of his arms and shoot a string of webbing at the crate. Spider-Man was instantly brought to his feet from the pull of Adrien before the hero dug his heels into the sand to try and stop the Toomes man from flying any further. After letting out a shaky breath, Alex got to her feet and grabbed onto the webbing to help Peter save the man from his own destruction.

"Time to go home, kids," Adrien told them after turning around to face the two teens with a grin on his face.

"Are you really that blind?!" Alex screamed at the top of her lungs while the man's wings began emitting various colors that didn't seem natural at all.

"We're trying to save you!" Peter shouted up at the Toomes man, just for the latter to use one of his wings to cut the webbing.

His actions caused the teens to stumble back into the sand before they watched Adrien fly farther away from them. They watched as the wings began sparking even more, making Peter try to web the crate once again, only for him to realize he was out of webbing. The two heroes helplessly watched as the Toomes man flew higher into the sky before Peter used his body to shield Alex just as the wings exploded. When Alex and Peter looked back at where Adrien once was, they were greeted by another fire forming in the sand in front of them. Before a full thought could go through the speedster's head, the Parker boy got to his feet and sprinted into the flames.

"Peter!" Alex shouted as she got to her feet after watching the brunette boy disappear before her very eyes. However, before the Easton girl could follow after him, the Parker boy reappeared from out of the flames with Adrien Toomes in his arms. A giant grin formed on the speedster's face at the sight of her brunette friend before she watched them both fall into the sand. Without thinking twice, Alex sped toward them and knelt down next to the brunette boy.

"Are you alright?" the redheaded girl questioned as her eyes scanned over Peter, only to receive a coughing fit and a small nod in response then she helped him to his feet before slapping his arm hard, "never do that again."

Just as the Parker boy was about to respond, Alex forced him to wrap an arm around her shoulders while she placed her arm around his waist so she could help steady him. Both of them then turned around to face Adrien, just to find him already looking up at them. The three of them just stared at each other before the teen heroes grabbed the Toomes man and dragged him over to one of the piles of crates. After they propped him up against the boxes, Peter used his web netting to stick the man to the containers. As soon as they knew he was secure, Alex sped as fast as she could to one of the offices at Coney Island before coming back with a piece of paper and a pen. A small smile appeared on the Parker boy's face as he took the items from the speedster and wrote a simple note before sticking it to the crate behind Adrien.

FOUND
FLYING VULTURE GUY
- SPIDER-MAN & ZEPHYR
p.s. sorry about your plane

Once they were satisfied with their work, Alex grabbed Peter's arm and sped them away. It wasn't long after that when the two of them ended up at the bottom of the Cyclone at Coney Island. The two of them just stared up the rollercoaster before Peter wrapped an arm around the Easton girl's waist and shot one of his webs at the top. When he knew it was secure, the Parker boy tightened his grip around the speedster before taking them up to the highest point of the coaster. The two of them sat in silence as they watched the authorities arrive at the sight of the plane's destruction and where their battle took place. Their eyes stayed glued to the scene below until they saw Adrien taken into custody.

Alex watched for a moment longer before her attention turned toward Peter, only to find the boy already staring back at her. Silence surrounded them as they just stared at each other then a small smile appeared on the Parker boy's face.

"I should've stayed at homecoming," the Easton girl muttered just loud enough for the boy in front of her to hear, making the grin on his face grow.

"But then you would've missed all the fun," Peter responded before letting out a laugh at the annoyance that appeared on Alex's face, only to be followed by a small smile.

"If I wasn't in so much pain, I would smack you."

Both of the teens began to let out their versions of laughter through their labored breaths and pain. It wasn't long after that when they leaned their heads back on the poles behind them and let out synchronous relieved sighs. Both of them couldn't have been more grateful for the fight being truly over.

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.5K 30
"𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝟹𝟶𝟶𝟶." ~ 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚔 Megan Stark has lived her whole life as one giant lie. Granted, she does it for her own safety...
5.5K 204 21
||BEHIND THE MASK SERIES: BOOK 3|| ────── ✼✼✼ ────── "You can continue on with your life or you can become someone who matters." ────── ✼✼✼ ────── In...
53.8K 866 41
🙤 · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · ꕥ · ┈┈┈┈┈┈ · 🙦 "𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭... 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐕..." 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐲...
84.7K 3.5K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...