The Villain's Contracted Lover

By ZelineJohnson

Author: Mengyang Little fox demon WanWan died during transcending and ended up transmigrating into a CEO nove... More

1-2
3-5
6-8
9-10
11-12
13-14
15-17
18-20
21-22
23-25
26-27
28-29
30-31
32-33
34-35
36-38
39-40
41-42
43-44
45-46
47-48
49-51
52-53
54-55
56-59
60-62
63
64-65
66-67
68-70
71-72
73-75
76-79
80-81
82-84
85-87
88-90
91-93
94-96
97-99
100-102
103-105
106-108
109-111
112-114
115-117
118-120
121-123
124-126
127-129
130-132
133-135
136-138
142-144
145-147
148-150
151-153
154-156 (End)

139-141

1.8K 58 0
By ZelineJohnson

Chapter 139 - Renewal of Contract ("You can't be in a relationship, but can you be married?") (1)

It was not often that Mu XiYuan saw his father being so angry and he wasn't sure what to do all of a sudden. He finally let go of Mu ZhenYu's collar, walked over to Wang LiZhen, bent down and asked, "Mom, what is going on?"

Wang LiZhen, being pressed down on the floor with her hair all over the place and half of her makeup gone from her crying, shouted at him frantically. "What do you mean what is going on? The Mu's are trying to kill your mother here and all you are going to do is to stand there and watch? What kind of a bastard child have I raised here?"

Mu XiYuan's face darkened. He straightened up his body and remained silent.

The tension was taut between the father-and-sons trio. Old Mrs. Mu and Mu Ling stood to one side, not being able to be a part of the conversation. Xu WanZhi reached out and straightened out Mu ZhenYu's collar for him before she stepped aside and just be a bystander in all this. Mu XiYuan was obviously gauging right now. He needed to figure out whether his status in the Mu's and in Old Mrs. Mu and Mu XueLin's mind would be affected if he continued to side with Wang LiZhen.

Mu XueLin and Wang LiZhen had always been an affectionate couple. Now that Mu XueLin had found out the truth of what had happened back then, his attitude had a 180-degree change. But, even so, the way he looked at Mu ZhenYu was still alerted without a hint of regret or sympathy to what had happened to him.

Had Wang LiZhen clued him in what she had done to Mu ZhenYu and his mother and the two worked together on scheming money from Grandpa Mu, this day might never have happened.

Money was probably the only thing that Mu XueLin really cared about.

"Wang LiZhen, you never needed to worry about clothes or food all these years and have always been the most envied in the rich lady circle. I have also given you quite a bit of money other than what you have spent. I have always been under the impression that women are to be pampered and had never been petty with you." Mu XueLin pulled out a chair and sat down in front of her. Looking at her from high up, he said, "I never would have imagined that you could be so greedy as to want to take all the money from the Mu's."

"So?" Wang LiZhen pursed her lips with difficulty. "Yes, I married you with the Mu's wealth in mind. But over the last 20 years, I have given you a son and raised him, supported the entire family, and slowly given up on all my dirty acts. Every penny of the Mu's wealthy is still under your control. Am I wrong? Can you really not tell whether I have real feelings for you?"

"Oh, stop pulling the emotion card already," said Mu XueLin coldly. "The only thing I could tell is that all of your true feelings are toward money."

Wang LiZhen's mouth cracked open all of a sudden and she cackled. "HAHAHA! And exactly what are you going to do even if you are right? Are you going to wave the dirty laundry so that everybody will hear about this? Or you are going to join your sons and take care of me right here right now?"

Mu ZhenYu suddenly increased the force on his foot and pushed her nerve-grinding laughter back into her. "Wang LiZhen, I am not going to take care of you here and dirty the Mu's floor and my woman's eyes." He stood up straight, pulled out his cellphone from his pocket, and dialed three numbers.

"You've caused my mother's death and my grandfather was unable to go in peace. Wang LiZhen, there are places on this world for people like you. You will be sentence to life in prison with no chance of early release. Those who are there can commit acts that are beyond your imagination just for a tube of toothpaste. I would very much like to find out how many days can you last in a place like that."

Chapter 140 - Renewal of Contract ("You can't be in a relationship, but can you be married?") (2)

Having said that, he bent down and said to Wang LiZhen in a low voice. "Do you know how tragically did that kidnapper in the picture died in prison? You should try to find out all you can before the cops get here."

When Wang LiZhen heard his words, she immediately reached out to grab Mu ZhenYu like a mad woman. "You scum! Why don't you just kill me right now? Kill me right now if you dare!"

Mu ZhenYu did not want to engage with her anymore. He finished dialing the numbers expressionlessly and provided the address of the Mu's.

After he had hung up, he told the old madam to "get some rest" before he started walking toward the front door with Xu WanZhi in tow.

Seeing that things had already spiraled completely out of control, Mu XiYuan finally walked up and said, "Dad."

"Get out! All of you, get out!" Mu XueLin pointed at the door. "Get out!"

Mu XiYuan let out a profanity and walked back toward his room.

By then, Mu ZhenYu had already reached the front door with Xu WanZhi. He stopped, looked back over at Mu XueLin who was rubbing his temples in pain, and said, "Don't stress too much over this now, old man. I've got more surprises waiting for you."

After the door was closed behind them, Xu WanZhi could hear Mu XueLin's voice coming from the inside.

"Xu Tian, didn't you tell me that Xu WanZhi was only engaged to Mu ZhenYu with ulterior motives? Then why did the two came over here affectionate and made a mess over here? You wait to become a homeless on the street!"

Xu WanZhi's lips curved coldly and left with Mu ZhenYu.

With Wang LiZhen being put into prison, all of the conflicts within the Mu's in the previous ten plus years have finally settled down. When the battles began to quiet down, Mu ZhenYu moved back to the original mansion with Xu WanZhi.

Xu WanZhi figured that he probably never sold the mansion to anyone else. At most he and transferred the title a few times.

After winter had come, all sorts of news appeared on Weibo. Many deficiencies were found at the Qin's during the auditing from Project Falcon. Not only did Project Falcon terminated their corporation with them, their capital chain from Feng Chun was also severed and now they were facing bankruptcy. What went around, came around.

As for his great partner Mu XiYuan, he had injected too much capital into the Qin's and finally lost his last penny.

Witnessing the ending of Mu XiYuan, most of what Xu WanZhi could see on Mu ZhenYu was resign. After all, all the money that Mu XueLin and Mu XiYuan had come from Mu ZhenYu's grandfather. It was his life's work.

Yet, she believed that Mu ZhenYu would slowly get them all back.

Not too long after, Huanyu was restructured after their bankruptcy and came back overnight. Not only did all of the Qin's old client approached them, even Project Falcon approached Mu ZhenYu.

...

This day, Xu WanZhi finished up her filming and went over to Huanyu to wait for Mu ZhenYu to get off of work. She sat inside of his breakroom located on the top floor of the thirty-something floor building and enjoying the city lights from outside of the window. Outside of the breakroom, the responsible person of Project Falcon was bowing to and flattering Mu ZhenYu, hoping that Huanyu would, once again, considering a partnership.

Xu WanZhi had good hearing, she could hear clearly what Mu ZhenYu was saying with his deep and languid voice behind his office desk. "I recalled how you have scrambled to reach out to the Qin's when Huanyu was on the brink of bankruptcy. Now that the Qin's are deep in their forgery scandal, you scramble back to me. Pardon me for being honest, but with you wavering like so, I worry that even if we partner up, it'd be difficult to provide true protection for the public."

Xu WanZhi was used to his cruel words so she wasn't surprised by that. She sipped her coffee with a smile and returned to reading her Weibo.

Chapter 141 - Renewal of Contract ("You can't be in a relationship, but can you be married?") (3)

Such was the time of scandals. Another big news was announced on Weibo: #Chen Yi Sexual Assault#. It had been confirmed that the pictures that Chen Jin had posted of Xu WanZhi with the two other men was taken at Chen Yi's place.

Quickly, a series of pixelated pictures were uploaded to the web. This was when the netizens learned that the picture that looked like it could be Xu WanZhi was not Chen Yi's "first offense". Incidents of the heir of the Chen's had, in many occasions, drugged and violated underage girls were exposed. Troubles had arrived at the Chen's and Chen Yi was also arrested.

At the same time, another search term appeared on the most trending list: #Plainess Xu WanZhi#.

Due to issues with the filming location, Plainness's filming has been postponed time after time. As for the female lead, due to Chen Jin's scandal, their promotion had come to a grinding halt. How they were going to find a replacement was yet a mystery.

As the second female lead, Xu WanZhi has not heard anything from Director Jiang ChenXi for a while now. When she clicked into this new search term, she finally learned that rumor on the web was that she was about to be promoted to first female lead. All the netizens were saying that Xu WanZhi was most likely going to take over the role as first female lead and all the comments were very supportive of that.

[She had it rough being targeted so by Chen Jin and Chen Yi. She deserves to be first female lead!]

[Looking at the other potential candidates, I still feel that Xu WanZhi is a better option. At least I'm on her side as far as look goes.]

[All the way, unequivocally on her side!]

[Did anyone see Brand B's release of their new product this afternoon? Those pictures were to die for!]

[@DirectorJiangChenXi. Can he please stand up and say something? I am dying over here!]

[To bad my goddess is engaged! Crying up a storm. Even though Mu ZhenYu is not a domineering CEO all over again, I will want to think that I have a shot with my goddess.]

[No, no, no. I refused to accept that my goddess is taken!]

[If WanZhi truly become the first female lead, perhaps we will have more opportunities to see AiAi Fox in the extras!]

[I am writing a letter in blood that I want to see more of AiAi Fox!]

As she was reading, Xu WanZhi's lips started curving upward and she didn't notice that Mu ZhenYu had already sent away the people from Project Falcon and walked inside of the room.

"All of your enemies landed in jail one after another, either dead or severely injured. Are you happy, WanWan?"

His deep voice came from over her head. Xu WanZhi paused, looked up, and met his pair of profound eyes.

Smiling gently, he said, "Big Moss Mu was done with his meeting? Things had surely been going smoothly as of late. Wang LiZhen, Chen Yi, and Xu Tian had all been arrested. One more and they can start their own mahjong game."

Mu ZhenYu's lips curved. Unbuttoning his suit jacket, he sat down on the couch next to her. He then placed a stack of paper in front of her.

She thought they have to do with Project Falcon. When she glanced over them, she noticed that that was the 50-million contract that the original owner signed with him several months ago.

Judging from today's date, their 6-month time was almost up.

Mu ZhenYu drummed on the table moderately. "Our contract is almost up. Do you want to renew?"

Xu WanZhi pouted and shook her hand as she faked displeasure. "No, no renewing. My fans don't like that I am in a relationship."

Having said that, she reached out her little hand and enlarge the comments from her fans that she was reading to show him.

Mu ZhenYu's eyes darkened. Grabbing her left risk and his slender fingers brushing over her engagement ring on her ring finger, he asked, "You can't be in a relationship, but can you be married?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 1.5K 21
What would happen if you met your idol?
225K 4.8K 120
In her previous life, as Yun Xi laid in d for the terminally ill, she was heartlessly informed by her famous painter husband, "Yun Xi, let's divorce...
364K 8.5K 53
[Forced Marriage VIP Front-Seat: My Superstar Ex-wife is very Popular] Three years ago, President Qiao did not hesitate to sign the papers when Xia N...
40.6K 494 136
The Ning family finally found the sole granddaughter after she disappeared for ten years. Grandpa Ning was overjoyed! He embarked on the search for a...