Merthur - Arthur's Secret

By CreamyXD

Merlin AU Due to Nimueh using sorcery during Arthur's birth, Arthur was given the gift of magic. He has neve... More

Prologue - The Birth of Arthur Pendragon
Chapter 1 - No One Must Know
Chapter 2 - When I Become King...
Chapter 3 - What Will He Think?
Chapter 4 - Jealousy
Chapter 5 - Merlin's Answer
Chapter 6 - The Witchfinder
Chapter 7 - Emrys?
Chapter 9 - Can I Still Believe In Him?
Chapter 10 - The Druid's Warning
Chapter 11 - The Beginning of War
Chapter 12 - The Immortal Army
Chapter 13 - Long Live The Queen
Chapter 14 - For The Love Of Camelot
Chapter 15 - Morgana's Hatred
Chapter 16 - The Question of Magic
Chapter 17 - A Normal Day in Camelot
Chapter 18 - Trust
Chapter 19 - It Can't Be...
Chapter 20 - I'm Sorry
Chapter 21 - Ambush
Chapter 22 - Let The Games Begin
Chapter 23 - Love is War
Chapter 24 - Back to Where it All Began
Chapter 25 - Welcome Back
Chapter 26 - I Can Die Happy
Chapter 27 - A Broken Heart
Chapter 28 - Arthur's Sorrow
Chapter 29 - The False Sorcerer
Chapter 30 - The Return Of... Who?
Chapter 31 - So Close
Chapter 32 - Another Problem
Chapter 33 - The First Attempt
Chapter 34 - Nightmare
Chapter 35 - Ari...
Chapter 36 - We Meet Again
Chapter 37 - Home
Chapter 38 - The King
Chapter 39 - First Week in Camelot
Chapter 40 - Memories
Chapter 41 - The Final Battle
Chapter 42 - Not Again...
Chapter 43 - Thank You
Chapter 44 - Our Ending
Epilogue - Forever

Chapter 8 - I Hurt Him...

21.3K 948 488
By CreamyXD

Merlin's POV

I struggle to catch up with Arthur. He gallops through the forest on his horse at full speed. Rage flares in his eyes as he barrels through the forest back towards Camelot.

We had just met with Morgause, a sorceress who told Arthur the truth about his birth. Arthur was born using magic. He was no doubt, furious now, angry that his father lied to him for so long.

I spur my horse on faster in an attempt to speak to him. When I get close enough I call out to him, "Arthur!"

He ignores me. His eyes stay locked firmly on the path ahead. I call a little louder this time, "ARTHUR!"

He finally hears me and turns to look at me. "What?" He sneers.

"Arthur you need to calm down. I know you must be angry but you can't let it take over. That's what Morgause wants."

"Merlin. Do me a favour and shut up."

I look back in shock. He speeds up and leaves me behind in the forest.

I had never heard him use that tone before. I can tell he must have been really upset.

I click my tongue to get my horse to ride faster. I didn't know what Arthur's going to do but whatever it is, it can't be good. I have to stop him.

------

Arthur's POV

I burst through the doors of the council chambers. My father looks up at me in annoyance. I had interrupted him mid-sentence while he was explaining the new placement of scouts along Camelot borders.

"Arthur, I am currently busy at the moment could you speak to me a little later." I hear him say rather unhappily.

"No. We talk now." I shout, glaring coldly at the council members who were now all frozen in shock at my sudden outburst.

My father sighs and places his hands on his hips. "Well? What is it?"

"I want to talk," I glare at the council members, "alone."

My father shakes his head in disappointment and orders everyone to leave. They exit the chambers nervously. The large double doors slam shut behind them.

I storm towards my father. My vision now blinded by rage. I stand before him, fury building inside me.

"You..." I start, "you killed my mother."

"Arthur? What is the matter with you?" My father asks.

"You. Killed. My. Mother."

My father finally realizes what I am saying and his expression hardens. "You went to see Morgause didn't you? She's lying. I told you not to go!"

"Why? Because you wanted to hide this from me?!"

"No I-"

"Why then? To hide the fact that you're a hypocrite and a liar?! That you kill and blame sorcerers for an incident that you, yourself, had caused?"

"You will hold your tongu-"

I draw my sword, and throw my gauntlet on the ground in front of him.

"Pick it up." I say, my voice as cold as ice. It's hard to keep from shouting.

"Arthur, I won't fight you."

"PICK IT UP."

"No. You won't hurt your father would you Arthur?"

"I no longer see you as my father."

I lift up my sword and charge.

-----

I shove Uther against his throne. He lands on the seat with a loud thud, his sword clatters to the ground while he falls unconscious. I slowly make my way forwards. I can faintly hear the doors slam open and someone calling my name. None of it registers. All I care about is quenching this thirst for vengeance. Vengeance for all the sorcerers he had harmed and for the death of my mother.

I raise my hand, facing my palm towards him. He deserves to die by the one thing he hates most. Magic.

I utter a spell, the most powerful one I can remember from my book. My eyes glow gold as the spell is cast. A bright red ball of pure magic shoots out of my hand and towards Uther's slumped figure. I smile slightly in triumph. I expect to hear him scream in pain. It never happens. His scream never comes.

Instead, what I hear makes my heart drop. It's Merlin. I hear him attempt to muffle an agonizing cry only to no avail. The red sphere of magic had hit him square in the chest. His small figure flies backwards and smashes against the back wall of the council room.

I see Merlin lying on the floor behind the throne. He was barely keeping his eyes open. I could see him look at me. His eyes were full of...worry. Not for himself, but for me.

The large burn marks are clear on his chest. I could tell he was in pain. His breathing is ragged and he would groan occasionally from the wound. I hurt him. I hurt him with my magic and worst of all...now he knows.

I turn and run. I burst out of the room and back towards my own chambers. One thought keeps rippling through my head as I sprint down the corridor.

I hurt him.

-----

Merlin's POV

I burst into the room in time to hear Arthur chant a spell. He shoots a red sphere of magic towards Uther. I couldn't let him kill Uther, he would never forgive himself.

I run forward and stand in front of the king. The spell hits me in the chest. I'm launched backwards off my feet. I feel my head crack against the stone wall and I crumple to the floor. My head spins. I look towards Arthur. He seems to finally have realized what he had done. Our eyes lock for a brief moment before he turns and runs off.

Arthur... you have...

My thoughts are interrupted by Uther stirring on his throne. I see him fun around and look towards me. He seems to realize I had saved him.

I cry out in pain as I begin to feel the effects of the magic. My chest burns where it had been hit. It felt as though it were melting. I try to sit up only to slump back down on the floor.

Uther limps towards me. He calls for the guards to go fetch Gaius and looks me in the eye.

"You saved me," he says in disbelief.

"I didn't do it for you. I did it for Arthur," I reply.

That's when Gaius runs into the room. He sees me on the floor and immediately worry replaces his normally calm expression.

"Merlin!" Gaius calls frantically, "what happened? Are you alright?"

"I'll tell you later Gaius. Right now I need to find Arthur."

I try to stand only to stumble and land back on the floor.

"You are in no condition to be walking Merlin. I am sorry my lord but I must take him to my chambers."

"Of course Gaius." Uther nods and begins to limp towards his own chambers.

-----

Gaius lays me down on the patients bed. I turn to him and groan in pain as he applies a salve to my injuries.

"Who did this to you Merlin?" Gaius asks worriedly.

I hesitate. What do I say? "Um... a sorcerer broke in. He attacked Uther and I jumped in to save him."

I knew Gaius wouldn't believe such a simple lie. He could always tell when I lied. This time, he decided not to pressure me. He nods and returns back to his work.

"You're lucky. A spell like this should have killed you."

"Then why didn't it?"

"Your magic probably."

I nod slightly and drop the subject.

-----

When Gaius finishes, he leaves to gather supplies.

As I lay awake on the patients bed, I run the events I had witnessed over and over again in my mind.

Someone tried to kill Uther with a powerful spell and there was only one person who could have cast it. Arthur.

Arthur Pendragon has magic. The Once and Future King is a sorcerer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.7K 20
Uther thought that Balinor died along with the rest of the Dragon Lords during the great purge. However, rumors are spreading. Not only is his former...
5.6K 292 16
COMPLETE: Sentenced to charity work after a drunken incident, Prince Arthur is less than thrilled to meet the sarcastic head of the charity, Merlin;...
116K 5K 29
What if Merlin and Hunith did run away with Balinor, never to return to see the face of Uther Pendragon again? Merlin, age 10, is stumbling throughou...
165K 6.6K 27
A Merthur fic set in canon era. After two years of putting up with his useless excuse for a manservant, Arthur begins to suspect that there may be mo...