broadway, baby// andrew garfi...

By imawkwardlysoc

He took my hand and twirled me a little before I faced him. I placed my left hand on the back of his neck whi... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Welcome to the one shots
Quarantine with the Garfield-Romano Family (Headcannon)
Will you...
Tonight on Graham Norton
Motion or Morning Sickness
Telling Everyone
Stephen Colbert
A Day Out
Welcome to the World
Life with a Newborn (Headcannons)
94th Academy Awards
Engagement Party(?)
Say Yes to the Dress
Period/Labor Simulator
What It's Like Filming Mission Impossible (Headcanons)
An Off Day
Italy Trip
Halloween
Holiday Season w/ the Garfield-Romano Family (Headcannons)
Never Grow Up (Lynn's Version)

Chapter 26

147 11 0
By imawkwardlysoc

Andrew's POV

Letting out a yawn as I tied my tie in front of my bathroom mirror, I looked out of my bathroom mirror to see the sky gray and gloomy. Turning off my light and walking out of my bathroom, I made my way to my room to finish getting ready. Slipping on the pair of brown oxford shoes Mum gave me a Christmas ago and my gray blazer over my dress shirt, I got the notification that my car was here. Grabbing everything that I needed, I made my way down.

"Where to sir?" Lyndon, my driver, asked.

"Can you take me to the nearest bodega and then Bella's house?" I answered and he nodded his head.

The car moved and my knee started to bounce up and down rapidly. I'm just worried about what's going to happen today. I hope this is a one time thing and we don't have to face Adam anymore.

Lyndon parked nearby a bodega and I got out of the car. Walking into the bodega, I petted the owner on the head and ordered two bacon, egg, and cheese over the counter. While that was being made, I made three cups for Bella, Lyndon, and I. I paid for all six items and carried them to the car. I handed Lyndon a sandwich and coffee before we headed to Bella's house.

"Morning." I greeted her with a smile as she opened the door.

I saw that she was wearing a navy blue dress that fell below her knees and there were still hair rollers still in her hair.

"I bought you two of your favorite food items." I held up the bag of breakfast sandwiches and the tray of coffees.

"Thank you." She said after I walked into the house and she closed the door.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned as I placed the food and drinks on the dining table.

"I don't know, how am I supposed to feel?" She took a sip of her coffee.

Placing her cup of coffee down, she looked at the time on her phone.

"I need to finish getting ready. I'll be right back." She placed a kiss on my cheek and headed upstairs.

Leaning against the kitchen table, I looked around the empty room. I knew Bella dropped her off at a Waitress co-star's house so they could watch Kara for the day. When I usually come here, it's always lively and bright. Now it's bleak and dreary. There used to be life in this house but now there isn't. I would be on my laptop answering emails while Bella chases Kara around when she takes a break from the studio. Kara's screams of joy would fill the room and that usually happens during this time after we eat breakfast (that's if I stay over for the night).

"Lyndon out waiting for us?" She asked, wearing a black blazer and her hair out of the hair rollers in brushed out curls.

"Yeah." I nodded my head.

"Well, we shouldn't keep him waiting." Bella grabbed her bag and we left the house.

Bella's POV

Letting out a groan, I shut my phone alarm off and looked up at the ceiling.

Can I just lay here? If I don't get out of bed that means the court hearing won't be happening. Right? That's how it works right?

"I wish." I whispered under my breath.

Looking through the curtains, I could already tell it was dark and gloomy outside. The door of my bedroom cracked open and the light in my room soon brightened up when Kara jumped on my bed to give me a hug.

"Morning Mommy." She gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning hun." I smiled and pulled her in for a cuddle.

We laid in bed for what seems like forever but in reality it was only a few minutes. We got out of bed and I got her ready for her day. A co-worker from when I was on Waitress agreed on watching Kara for me. They've already watched her a couple of times already so Kara knows and trusts them. While Kara was getting herself ready for the day, I packed her a little day bag filled with snacks, an extra pair of clothes just in case if something happens, and a coloring book and toys.

"Ready to spend the day with Mav?" I kneeled down in front of her and helped her put on her backpack.

"Yep!" She eagerly nodded her head.

I let out a chuckle and kissed her forehead. The doorbell rang and I looked to see Mav standing there. I opened the door and greeted them with a hug.

"Thanks for doing this." I thanked them.

"It's no problem, I had a day off and was planning on doing nothing. Also, good luck today." They smiled.

"Thanks." I gave them one last hug. "Alright, you have my number and text me if anything happens. I don't care if I'm in court."

"Got it. Let's go, Miss. Kara, we have a fun day ahead of us." Mav took their hand out for Kara to hold.

"Have a good day today. Love you." I attacked her with a bunch of kisses.

"Love you too Mommy." She squealed which brought so much joy.

She took Mav's hand and they left my house. I watched them walk down the sidewalk until they turned into a tiny blop in the distance. I headed back into the house, which had no light in it now, to get ready for the hearing. I decided to take a shower to relax before changing into my clothes. Once I was finished, I dried myself off and changed into my dress for court. When I finished doing my makeup, I heard my doorbell ringing. I pulled up the security camera in the front door to see Andrew standing there with a tray of coffee and a bag of possibly food.

Opening the door, I greeted him and he entered my home. I told him that I'll be right back and I headed back up to my bathroom. I took the hair rollers in my hair out and brushed out the curls that formed. Looking through my jewelry box, I slipped on the pair of earrings and necklace I planned on wearing. I was about to slip the bracelet I planned on wearing but soon changed my mind. I pulled out the bracelet that Kara made me for Mother's Day last year. It was a string bracelet with different variations of red beads and it said Mommy in square letter beads in the center. Even though Kara isn't physically going to be with me in the courtroom, I have something to remember her by.

Throwing on my black blazer, I headed downstairs to meet Andrew again. We headed to the car and Lyndon drove us to the courthouse. On our way there, we quickly ate the breakfast sandwiches that Andrew got and we dreaded going to the court house. Parking in the parking garage, Andrew and I walked into the courthouse together to see our friends and my family.

"Hey, I thought you weren't coming." I hugged Nonno.

"I got the all clear." He told me.

"You sure?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Yes Belle, I'm sure." Nonno kissed my forehead. "Don't worry about me."

We soon heard more footsteps and I looked over to see Adam with his team of lawyers. Andrew gave my hand a squeeze and we headed into the courtroom. I sat with my lawyers and waited for the judge to come in. I felt Adam sending me glares as I didn't give him attention. All of us rose from our seats when Judge Trimble walked in. Judge Trimble did his thing of setting the rules and reading out the case before court actually started.

Court started off with the guardian summarizing what she saw when she visited our houses. I felt myself tense up when she showed the picture of Adam's apartment. I remembered what he did to me at those locations. The guardian gave her opinion on who Kara should live with and she headed out of the witness stand.

Soon it was time for Adam to testify. Throughout his own testimony I was fighting the urge to roll my eyes on what he was saying. Everything that he was saying was complete bullshit. He said that when he first saw Kara when she was born, he wanted to be in her life; he didn't even see her when I was at the hospital. If you wanted to be in her life, why did you sign away your parental rights when you saw her in the hospital a few hours after she was born? That's all I'm asking.

"We'll resume after lunch. We'll meet in an hour." Judge Trimble banged his gavel.

All of us headed to a restaurant that was near the courthouse. Everyone was talking about different things throughout the table. We didn't want to talk about the trial since it was worrying all of us. I was also texting to Mav to see how Kara was doing. Kara was doing great though, she's not causing any problems while she's with Mav.

"You know everything is going to be fine." Andrew said, placing a kiss on my check.

"I know." I nodded my head. "It's just frustrating."

Andrew said nothing but nodded and kissed me again. When everyone was finished eating, all of us headed to the courthouse to resume the trial.

"Your Honor, I would like Bella Romano to be on the stand." Lex announced while Judge Trimble nodded his head.

I got out of my seat and got sworn in before sitting down in the witness stand. I stated my name and occupation before Lex started questioning me.

"So Bella, do you know what you were doing when Kara was born?" Lex asked.

"Yeah." I smiled at the memory.

"While you were on your way or were at the hospital, did you ever contact the plaintiff?" He asked.

"Yes, I have." I answered.

"In this text conversation, is this what he replied back?" Lex gave me a copy of the conversation Adam and I had.

"Yes." I nodded my head.

"Can you read what he said?" He requested.

"Yeah." I cleared my throat before reading the message. "So? I don't care what the paternity test says, she's not mine. She's going to be a worthless piece of shit like her mother."

"In the plaintiff's testimony, is it true that he visited you and Kara in the hospital?" Lex leaned back on the table we sat at.

"No, it's not true. He never visited Kara and I at the hospital." I shook my head. "The only person that was there with me when I was in labor was one of my long time friends, Jake Carson. I was in labor for twenty four hours and was awake for it. I would know if he came."

"I see, as Kara continues to grow, does she have any father figures?" Lex walked up to me.

"Yes, she had many. My grandfather, my father, my brother, Jake, and Jack, my guitar player." I listed.

"What about your partner?" Lex raised his eyebrow.

"Andrew? He loved Kara to death. He treats her like she's his own daughter." I smiled. "The joy I get from waking up to their laughs while he plays with her is wonderful. He's been my rock ever since we got together."

"Even when you told him you had an abortion?"

Yep, that moment was going to pop up.

"Yes." I simply answered.

"Well, that's all I have your honor." Lex announced.

I saw Adam's lawyer get up from her seat and walk up to me.

"Why didn't you leave?" She started.

"Because I was afraid." I replied. "It wasn't until he physically abused me that I made the decision. Best decision I ever made."

"What about the abortion you had, was that also the best desision you ever made?" She questioned, slightly interrogated.

"It was the responsible decision that I made during that time because of the circumstances I was in." I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"What about when you became pregnant with Kara? You didn't thought about getting an abortion?" I felt the glare she was giving me.

"I left the plaintiff a few weeks before I left. I was more in a safe space. Yes it was hard for me to carry Kara throughout my pregnancy but that was the only good thing that came out of her relationship." I pleaded my case. "He was on the other side of the country while I was in my childhood home up in Southampton."

"Why didn't you come back to him when you found out?" I opened my mouth to answer the question until she asked another. "Did you think he was the villain in your story? Did you think he was going to abuse Kara like he did to you? Well aren't you the villain for not letting my client see her. Hell, you're such a great mother figure that you aborted the sibling that she could've had."

"Objection." Lex got out of his seat. "Badgering the witness."

"No it's alright, I'll withdraw the questions. That's all your honor." Adam's lawyer went back to their table.

Judge Trimble looked at me with a comforting look to see if I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile saying that I was fine, but in reality I was scared.

Was I really the villain?

"We'll reconvene after a quick ten minute recess with the verdict." Judge Timble announced after closing statements were made.

Those were the longest ten minutes of my life. We were in our own meeting rooms in the courthouse just worrying what was going to happen. I was questioning if Adam did have custody of her. I just don't want him to have custody of her. After what it felt like forever, we headed back into the courtroom. All of us sat down when Judge Trimble told us to sit down.

"I am going to keep this short and simple, in the case of Watson V. Romano both sides had their reasons. Mr. Thirlwall, you did sign your parental rights away which gives Ms. Romano full custody of Kara. I cannot give you custody and the way you treated Ms. Romano, I cannot help but fear for that child's safety." The air in the room was tense and thick while waiting for the result. "Ms. Romano will have full custody of Kara and the restraining order against you will be renewed. Court is adjourned and have a nice day everyone."

I couldn't really hear what everyone was saying. Adam's yelling was muffled with the static that I started to hear. We walked out of the courtroom and I felt my friends and family hugging me. The weight that I was feeling was soon lifted off of me. I could barely walk from the shaking feeling in my legs. Andrew helped me in the car and Lyndon drove us to Mav's apartment.

"Mommy!" Kara hopped up from the couch and ran to me as Mav opened the door.

I kneeled down and opened my arms wide open. I gave her a tight hug as she crashed into my arms.

"So, what's the result?" Mav asked.

"I still have custody." I simply answered. "Thanks for taking care of her."

"It's no problem." They smiled and handed me Kara's bag.

"Have a good night." I told them.

"You too." They said before closing the door.

I left the apartment building with my daughter in my arms and headed back to the car. Kara greeted Andrew with a hug and we headed home. I was heading home with my family.

A/N- Hey, here's the chapter. Also I'll be planning uploading new chapters every other Saturday since I'll be starting school soon and might have a job.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 179K 64
Cal Jackson's new life as a rockstar fails to account for one thing: the existence of the girl he loves. ***** "What are you thinking about?" she ask...
274 41 20
A Across the Jakeverse novel Earth 238 This is Selena's story. How she felt before and after Jake. And how everything she ever knew changed in the bl...
428K 7.8K 68
๐๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐Ÿ Two years since he threw her out. She's a model and he is still the same guy who she remembers. Except he is a cold hearted cunt. What wi...
120K 3.9K 28
[U N E D I T E D] [ The POV switches from 1st POV to 3rd POV everytime, so it gets really tricky ] "God dammit y/n!" She hissed. "It's you!" she poin...