𝙆-𝙋𝙊𝙋 𝙊𝙉𝙀-𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙏𝙎 ❦

By Frosty_yeonjunie

° ˛ ° ˚* _Π_____*☽*˚ ˛ ✩ ˚˛˚*/______/__\。✩˚ ˚˛ ♡ ˚ ˛˚˛˚| 田田|門| ˚ ˚ '' ̛ ̛ '' '' '' ̛ ̛ '' '' '' ̛ ̛ '' '' ''... More

༻ Meet you on the Other Side - NCT's Taeyong༺

16 2 0
By Frosty_yeonjunie

*optional: use audio for better experience*

3539 words
-
Published: 07/14/22
-

☁︎

❝ It was love at first sight, as clear as the skies we flew in. ❞

❝ An aerial dream, where I met you, the one who stayed with me, til the end of my flight. ❞

❝ Meet you on the other side, my love. ❞

☁︎

"Gate 6, gate 6, gate 6...." 4...5...Ah there. Ok gate 6, and right on time. You got your ticket, your bag, did everything you were supposed to do, you believed you were ready. 

You sit down next to some lady, and place your bag next to you, a small bag not big enough to go on the bottom of the plane.

You sighed, this is the first time you board a airplane, and just that thought alone gives you nausea, but you believed you're ready and have enough distractions for the flight. You brought yourself some of things like headphones, since you downloaded some music on your phone, doodle book, blank pages were you can draw whatever's on your mind, and some other things.

Yep, you believed you're ready, but you feel like your missing something. Ugh,what could it be... "What am I missing... Ah right!" You grab your phone and dial a number.

↳ ☏

✧ MOM ♡
Callling...

"Hello hon', have you arrived yet?"

"No, I'm waiting for them to escort the passengers in, just wanted to call you before I get on board."

"Oh, alright then."

"So how is the leg doing?"

"Not well, it's getting worst, I'm laying in bed so it's not bothering. Remember Jennie? The neighbor I talked to you about? Well she is helping me in the meanwhile, what a nice young girl, don't you think?"

" Yea, she seems nice, *sigh* but I really want you to get better soon, seeing you in this pain saddens me..."

"Don't worry hon', besides now that your traveling to help me, I'll get better even faster hehe."

"Haha sure, let's hope so, well then I better get going, I think I'm gonna board now."

"Ok hon', have a safe trip, and don't be scared, ok?"

"Fine, thanks, call you when I' m there!"

"Love you!"

"Love you."

✕ ☏

You end the call, standing up and getting yourself to your number in line. The reason your going in this trip is because of your sick mother, with an aching leg. Giving her a visit was part of my original plans, but not until I got the courage to enter a plane. Now, you don't really have a choice, your a lonely child, and your mom can't really take care of herself, even without a broken leg.

"Ticket." You show your ticket, as the worker scans the QR code from it. You then walk toward the entry, holding the straps of your backpack tightly, greeted by the plane attendant inside the plane.

You walk through the seats, which was filled with many passengers. This was a full flight now that you remember, so you had to take whichever seat was available, although you slowly hoped you didn't have to be in the backseats... You see two empty seats, with a man sitting next to the window. In the seats next to those, there was a crying child, which honestly annoyed you, like SO MUCH, which lead you to sit the farthest from it. In other words, you sat next to the man. He was looking out the window, he had light bright blue hair, with a white suit. He then looked at you, which got you startled.

A sudden feeling came to the two, the atmosphere changed. Just with look of an eye, destiny had arranged itself. Like love at first sight, they found themselfs with instant butterflies. Love birds, are you willing to stick with each other, til your dying moment, final twitch?

You stayed there for a while, the man did as well.

Why do I..feel weird inside-

You looked away and fastened you seat belt, you watched as all the passengers sit down as well. He was still looking out the window, very patiently. He looked quite serious, so you didn't bother catching his attention. You had to wait a while for everyone to place their luggage and sit down, since you were around the 25th row of the plane. You then take out your phone, and send a message to your beloved mother.

↳ ☏

✧ MOM ♡

Im in, see you soon! -
Love you! -
Delivered 06/02/22 ✔️

✕ ☏

Soon after you hear an announcement:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has turned on the Fasten Seat Belt sign. If you haven't already done so, please stow your carry-on luggage underneath the seat in front of you or in an overhead bin. Please take your seat and fasten your seat belt. And also make sure your seat back and folding trays are in their full upright position. If you are seated next to an emergency exit, please read carefully the special instructions card located by your seat. If you do not wish to perform the functions described in the event of an emergency, please ask a flight attendant to reseat you. We remind you that this is a non-smoking flight. Smoking is prohibited on the entire aircraft, including the lavatories. Tampering with, disabling or destroying the lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited by law. If you have any questions about our flight today, please don't hesitate to ask one of our flight attendants. Thank you."

After hearing the announcement you connected your earphones, put on your hood, and chilled for a while, as you watched the people arrange themselfs.

SMALL TIME-SKIP

You heared a ding-dong sound muffled by the music in your ears. You took off one headphone, and heard the announcement:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is X and I'm your chief flight attendant. On behalf of Captain Z and the entire crew, welcome aboard ??? Airlines flight ???, non-stop service from ??? to ??? (then continuing on to ???). Our flight time will be of ??? hours and ??? minutes. We will be flying at an altitude of ??? feet/meters at a ground speed of ??? miles per hour/kilometers per hour. At this time, make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position and that your seat belt is correctly fastened. Also, your portable electronic devices must be set to 'airplane' mode until an announcement is made upon arrival. Thank you."

Ugh, you think, we'll be off, but that's ok.

You'll be fine Y/n, you are brave- at least you hope so-

You grab on to your seat, lay your head back, and closing your eyes. You breathed in and out, as you feel the airplane moving towards its way to ascend.

The man next to you looks at you, with a worrisome look, then he says, "Are ok? Are you feeling ok? You look sick or something"

You look at him, you hadn't forgot about the good looking guy next to you, just that your fears were too big for you to even mind.

"A-ah yes, I'm fine...it's just I'm afraid of heights, or flying, or just flying in a plane heh.." You revealed, making him chuckle.

"It's ok, there is not much to be affaird of, I fly for a living, and I can tell you it isn't as bad, and these airlines are very trustworthy." he assured.

"Well you sure make it seem not as scary as I supposed, I'm still frightened." You laughed quietly.

"You really hate heights, don't you?" he laughed.

"H-hey don't laugh!" He stopped laughing after some seconds, and then kept a smile.

"If it makes you feel better, you can hold my hand when we ascend, just don't demolish it in the making" He said sarcastically.

"Hey..I wouldn't do that, I'm not that scared! Also, wouldn't it be weird to be holding a strangers hand?" He placed his hand on this chin, nodding and then he grabbed my hand in a welcoming position

"Well, it's nice to meet you, my name is Lee Taeyong, and I'm a business man on a business trip." He bowed in the making, and moved my hand up and down, "See, now I'm not a stranger to you!"

You burst out a laugh, this serious looking man turns out to be funny and friendly! Unbelievable, I guess not everything is as it seems.

"That's funny! You really know how to take out the negativity out of someone, dont you?"

"I guess your right." he said, and you looked at the ground, smiling still.

"Well Mr. Positive, you can hold my hand when we ascend, if it can make me feel better then I'll do so." You assured to him.

"Also, my name's L/N Y/N" you claimed

"Nice name, well Y/N, we should be flying any second now- "

"Flight attendants, prepare for take-off please."
"Cabin crew, please take your seats for take-off."

"Oh, then I was right," he looked at you, "It's time to fly." You felt sudden fear hit you again, making you hold his hand, unknowingly. He held it calmly, as if we knew each other since forever, in reality, you meet him just some minutes ago. Nonetheless, you were grateful he was here, and was helping you surpass your fears.

You could see the plane come into position.

"Here we go, just breath Y/N."

In....

The plane started aselarating, rumbling, going in a fast paste...

...and out..

...then it felt light, as it lost touch with the ground...you are now up...

you held his hand so very tight.

...no turning back.

"It's over Y/N, we are up in the clouds! Take a look!"

You open your eyes, not concient that you were closing them, and look out the window. There you were, flying above the city you live in. Your face lid up, losing your fears, and taking off a big weight from your chest. You weren't afraid anymore, thanks to him. Lee Taeyong.

"Thank you..so much" You say; he stoped looking out the window, and looked at you, "Thanks a lot, for helping me overcome this fear."

He smile at you, "Of coarse, no problem."

TIME SKIP

You both had long conversations during the whole flight, you even felt sorry for those who were trying to take a nap. You even listened to music with him, he seemed to have similar music taste to you. You learned that he is close to your age, and he was on a quick business trip, revolving around an important project of his company.

"So what about you, what do you work on?" He asked.

"Well, I work as an interpreter or translator, I know many languages myself so it's the perfect job for me."

"Wow, that's a cool job you have there!"

"I wish I could enjoy my job as much as you do, so much paper work.." he frowned, leaning his head back.

"Well, it's true I do love my job..specially since I get to work a home, and spend time with my fluff ball for a dog Tami."

"Oh cute, I wish I could have a pet, but with all the work I have, I don't think that would be possible."

"Maybe, if we stay in touch, we can plan a day to hangout, and maybe you can hangout with Tami and me!" You say in an enthusiastic tone.

He chuckled a little at this, then stopped to smile at me.

"I would love that." He affirmed. You both smile at each other, staring deeply into your eyes.

This man..

A sound came from his phone, he took notice to it.

"I need to check this... it's an important document i've been waiting on anxiously."

"Of course yeah!"

You were a bit disappointed, you wanted to continue chatting with him, but you can't do anything about that right?

You then felt drowsy, you did wake up really early, so you decide to take a nap, like most in the plane. You placed your hood on, got comfy, and napped.

~

You were somewhere dark, too dark to even see the palm of your hand.

Where am I.?

Suddenly, some lights turned on orderly, reveling a long, long, white hallway. Confused, you walked slowly forward the corridor, wandering around and very confused.

You looked back, and some lights turned on, but they kept on flickering, in a fast pace. There seemed to be a division between the flickering and normal lights, and it appeared to you that you, in fact, were that division. The light bulb upon you was unique, it was shut down, no light, and it seemed burned out.

This atmosphere gave you an uneasy feeling, as for your vision was blurred, and you couldn't see everything as clear as used to. Then, some loud, whispery voices talked to you, yet you couldn't understand a single thing. The ground started to rumble behind you, you look back, and the ground was crumbling down to what seem as an endless pit. You retreated slowly, but then fastened your pace, and then realize your were running. As the falling ground got closer to you, your blood got colder. Then, your vision became clear as day, and you saw a door at the end of the hallway.

You ran fast, as the whispers became louder, and the rumbling became harder than before. You were so close. So close. Your anxiety grew immense as you got in touch with the doorknob and immediately open it. You got out and close the door shut, as you lied on it, feeling many things smashing onto it. You had your eyes closed, and it took you some time, but you opened them, revealing a beautiful setting.

It looked like heaven, it was a white orbe structure, with a white path forward, and clouds under and in front of it. I was beautiful, but I wasn't prepared to see him. He was close to the edge of the pathway. He walked calmly towards it, then looked back at you. You felt flushed, as for you were looking at him without him knowing. He looked at you, then gave you a warm smile.

You did the same, then turn back to door. It caught you off guard seeing nothing but an empty space, as for the door had disappeared.

"Where are we, what is this place?"

"It doesn't matter, now your here with me, and that's all that matters." This was an unusual statement, as you had just meet this guy some moments ago, not to mention you made a fool of yourself, because of your now gone fear. Having said this, you also felt like you liked this feeling.

Oh god what am I saying

Blissful wind blew upon you both, as you walked towards the end of the way, hands together. You then look at each other, bundling each other in your embrace.

You felt like nothing could go wrong, as long as you were with him

He started to lean your face towards yours. You get on the tip of your toes, properly reaching his face. So close, to the point you breathes would collide with each other's.

So...

Close...

Rumbling could be heard from afar, as the structure kept on cracking

And cracking...

And...

Bang.

You felt light-headed. You touched the source of the pain in your head, just to see you hand all tainted in blood.

"Y/N..."

You looked at him in immense shock and disbelieve.

"Y/N!"

"Y/N!!"

~

You woke up, thinking it was just a nightmare. You saw Taeyong, screaming your name, trying to wake you up.

"Y/N wake up!" He signaled you. You look at him, he was sweating like crazy.

You looked around, watching everyone in the plane panicking, making your heart race. You then realize your body felt weightless, as your limbs were floating, and whole body was rising from the seat.

"What's going on..!?" You asked, scared out of your mind. You held his hands tightly, look at him, for a sign of hope.

"The plane is about to crash.." he said with a shaky voice. You heart sank, your body ran cold, and your throat felt tight. Shaking, thoughts ran lose in your light head.

Is this the end? No, this cant be how it ends...

You felt hopeless, you lost control of everything, and this situation was inevitable.

It really is the end.

I didn't even get to say goodbye...

Mom...

Tami...

My friends...

No...

I have no hope whatsoever..

You feel a tight grip on your hand, conscious once again you look. It was Taeyong.

"Y/N don't worry, I'm here, we will make it ok?" You felt your eyes tearing up with those words.

"Listen to me, we will be fine, and once it's all over, we'll spend time with each other..."

Taeyong...

"We'll be together, and- Tami will be there too!" He faintly chuckled.

How can you be so hopeful...

"You could even teach me another language, right?"

In a time like this...

"Just please, stay hopeful for me, Y/N"

Can..

"Stay with me, stay strong..."

...I?

"Thank you...Taeyong, I will try." You said, feeling like you'd faint, but trying to maintain yourself together, for him.

For him.

For her.

For them.

...

You felt an impact, crashing noises surrounding you. You held on tightly onto him, him doing so as well.

Water was slowly rising in the front seats. You opened your eyes and...

...

A white hospital, and a hospital bed. You laying in it, you look around finding some roses in my side bed, and a note.

Where am I? What happened to me..?

You try recalling what had happened to you, but you memories were faded and unclear. You stood up, immediately getting a slight headache.

You look next to you, take you phone, and turn it on.

May 12...

You see notifications from many various people, but only take notice in one. Your mom. You press on it, and see messages sent May 2.

↳ ☏

✧ MOM ♡

-ARE YOU OK?
-I HEARD NEWS FOR AN AIRPLANE CRASH
-ARE YOU SAFE??
-ANSWER ME Y/N!!!
-Y/N!
         Sent 03/02/22

*3 missing calls from ✧ MOM ♡*

✕ ☏

It then hit you like a bullet in the forehead. You remembered the incident, the crash, the plane and...

"Stay with me"

You gasped.

Taeyong

You look back at the roses, and take notice once again on a note under them. Then you see a familiar name on it.

From: Taeyong

You immediately open it, and started to read:

04/10/22

It has been 9 days ever since the incident, and 2 days ever since my full recovery. I couldn't stop thinking of you and your physical and mental state. Seems like you did stay strong for me, huh? As for the crash, many were severely injured, and unfortunately one died from a heart attack due to the hard impact. You had lost your consciousness at the moment, so you might not remember any of this. Nonetheless, I've been visiting you these past two days. I even got to meet your mom, she was worried sick for you. In fact, it was our idea to bring the roses to you. I hope you have a fast recovery, I'll be visiting you constantly ok? See you soon!

P.S. I haven't forgotten, you owe me a date with you and Tami once you're better. <3

~

You look at the red flowers, they looked healthy and so beautiful. Your smile grew more and more by his words, yet one thing still saddened you. The lives of those passengers, in that plane, the same plane you were in. How lucky you are to have survived, and how fortunate they are. That one person though died, sadly.

You felt your eyes tearing up, rubbing them dry with a tissue on the side bed.

You were still thinking of him though.

Taeyong..

FEW MINUTES LATER...

You took a nap after the doctor came to check on you, but the sound of an opening door slowly woke you up.

You look back, expecting to see some nurse insisting you to take your medications, yet the sight of a familiar face came into view. That familiar face, that face you'd been longing to see for the shortest yet longest time now.

Taeyong.

Your eyes widen in joy, so close to crying. How big of a miracle was it to be here? Here, facing him.

He walks slowly towards you, sitting next to your body. You immediately hug him, as if it had been years since you've last seen him. The guy that helped me through my darkest time, that could have been my last.

He held you tightly, as you felt his warm embrace.

"You made it, I knew you would." he said with a warm voice.

Tears ran down rapidly down your face.

This was just the beginning of a love story, of a strong bond that could not be separated, even through and after death. Their love will remain on and under the clouds. as for that's were it all started.

☁︎ 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘖𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘚𝘪𝘥𝘦 ☁︎
by:@Frosty_yeonjunie

A/N's Note

This would probably be the longest one shot I have written, and my only.

What a great start, don't you think?

Anyways hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned for more ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664K 40.6K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 49.6K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
965K 36.5K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
603K 13.5K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.