Bowstrings & Velvet (Spellbou...

Von EmilyMorgans

Shae, the High Queen of Erya, has one rule: Not to fall in love with her husband. Three years into their arra... Mehr

Foreword
Prologue
Chapter 1: Travelling Companions
Chapter 2: Attacked
Chapter 3: A Light Touch
Chapter 4: An Inn, At Last
Chapter 5: There's Only One Bed
Chapter 6: Interrupted
Chapter 7: Surprise Attack
Chapter 8: Sleep, At Last
Chapter 9: Home
Chapter 10: Late Night Conversation
Chapter 11: The High Council Meeting
Chapter 12: Flying Daggers
Chapter 13: Passing Poison
Chapter 14: Nightmares
Chapter 15: Not Alone
Chapter 16: A New Step
Chapter 17: This Morning
Chapter 18: Shared Experiences
Chapter 19: A Private Dinner
Chapter 20: Shadows of the Past
Chapter 21: More
Chapter 22: Flying Arrows
Chapter 23: Stained Fabric
Chapter 24: Quick Reflexes
Chapter 25: Interrogation
Chapter 26: Sorceress Isobel
Chapter 27: Confessions
Chapter 29: The Games
Epilogue
Author's Note
BONUS Scene: Wedding Night

Chapter 28: Interlude

9.3K 630 59
Von EmilyMorgans

The sound of the door unlocking woke Ornice from a light slumber. A hooded figure had entered the small room and was slowly advancing toward her. Hope stirred, mixed with apprehension caused by the silence of the intruder. Had the Son of Deva sent someone to free her? She had been a loyal servant to him. Surely he would appreciate the lengths she had gone to.

"Free me," she croaked, her voice hoarse from not using it for hours.

Panic welled up inside her as the figure shook its head. A dark voice spoke. "You have failed us and have become a liability."

"No..." She viciously shook her head. "No! I stepped up! The sorceress came back to Messina, thanks to me. I know he wants her here."

"We never asked you to do that," the voice said, coming out of the darkness of the hood. Its emotionless tone was somehow scarier than if it had yelled at her. "We tasked you with keeping an eye on the queen and reporting back anything out of the ordinary. No one ever told you to try to kill her. We need her alive."

"I... I thought the attack in Adreas was to kill her and to bring the sorceress back."

"Do not assume. You cannot understand the Son's plans. You are not worthy. All you've done is increase how vigilant they are and confirm what they already suspected. You've become a liability."

Craning her neck, she stared up into the face of her would-be executioner.

"You!" she gasped.

The blade of a dagger glinted in the light of the oil lamp before it plunged into her.

~~~~~~

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

149K 5.1K 48
"Is love supposed to feel this intoxicating?" ••• ⚠️TW: depictions of SA. Crude language. Violence. YANDERE ML! Read with care! ** means sex scenes •...
274 16 18
I made a terrible mistake, I let my guard down when I shouldn't have. And that only led me into a trap, his trap. I was a pawn in this wicked game of...
117 25 23
The Elf King seeks a mortal from the human tribes as his bride. All Lilith had ever wanted was to spend the rest of her life with her nose in a book...
2K 163 30
CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE ● the prequel to Flames of Ember ● The land of Elysia has been ruled by its true rulers for centuries -- by the Elysians...