Love & Business: Part III

By _dat_one_girl_

𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈𝐈 After ending a marriage of 4 years, Hunter and Sophia are back at it again. They hate each ot... More

Back to Enemies
Don't Start
The Fallen Moisturizer
Laugh Now, Cry Later
Family Time
Just tell me!
Second Place
Three Hours
Lynda's Dinner
Talking
The Interview
Ponytails
Beauty
Cliche
My Husband
I Don't Deserve You
Memories
Cream Clouds
Breaking Point
Completely Soaked
Wet Dreams
Welcome to Venice, Italy
Teddy Bears
Unspoken Rules
Bookstore
A Mess Without Him
President Teddy
Surprise!
Suits
Confrontation
Revelation 31
It Was Love
Epilogue
Goodbye

CEO-Mega-Conference!

10.3K 311 153
By _dat_one_girl_

Sophia's POV

Hunter and I sat alone in the meeting room. None of us said a word to each other. We just stayed on our phones.

Jude and Jack asked us to meet them here but they were nowhere to be found.

A few minutes passed before they walked in.

"Wow, you guys are here early," Jack said.

"Dude, you told us to come here for 9 and it's now 10," Hunter stated.

"Oh, I did?" Jack asked as he looked at his phone. He laughed. "I guess I did."

Hunter immediately grabbed him by the collar. "Is this some sort of prank?"

Jack tapped Hunter's hand as he gasped for air. "Let go, Fratello."

Hunter rolled his eyes before letting him go. "This better be good because you've just wasted an hour of my time."

"Trust me, baby, it is."

He winked at Hunter before going to the front with Jude trailing behind.

"Sophia, how is it going?" He asked as he kissed me on the cheek.

"Get it over with, Jack."

He raised his hands in surrender. "Jeez, why are you CEOs so grumpy in the morning?"

He stretched out his hand and Jude passed him a paper.

"Three words. CEO-Mega-Conference!"

Both Hunter and I let out an annoyed groan at the same time.

"Is this why you made us wait so long?" I asked as I stood up to leave.

"What is wrong with the two of you? It's a week-long trip to Europe!"

Hunter stood up as well before walking to the door. "Not going."

"Well, then who is going to go?"

"Find an employee or you can go. I really don't care."

"Forget it, Jack," I said as I started walking to the door.

"If you guys don't go, I'll call your fathers!"

Both Hunter and I immediately turned around.

"Jack stop playing around. It's not funny," Hunter demanded but Jack smiled.

"Did you forget I still have Mr. Lodge's number on speed dial?"

"You wouldn't."

Jack took out his phone and showed him Mr. Lodge's number. His face paled.

Jack tilted his head to me.

"Don't worry Sophia, Jannette made sure to send Jude Mr. Bass' number."

When Jack saw that we weren't objecting anymore, he smiled.

"Make sure you check your emails tonight. Your flight details will be in there. Pleasure doing business with you two," he said before marching out with Jude.

I looked up at Hunter and saw that he was not reacting well to what just happened.

His hands were clenched into fists and it could be easily seen that he was trying to slow down his breathing.

He was still triggered by the mention of his father's name.

I walked up to him but he glared at me before storming out.

...

Hunter's POV

I sat down watching Blaze cry in Sophia's arms.

I love the kid but he cries way too much. I passed Sophia my handkerchief to wipe his tears away.

"Don't cry, mommy and daddy will only be away for one week. It's just seven days and if we can, we'll try to come back even earlier."

He started to cry even harder. I don't blame him.

Neither of us has been away from him for that long and it's rather worse that we'll both be gone.

Sophia rocked him in her arms as she gently brushed her hands through his hair.

She was a good mom, I'll give her that.

He loved to be caressed.

She always looked her best while doing it too. Her nails were neatly manicured and her hair was effortlessly combed back.

I hadn't seen her put her hair back up in a ponytail since the night I shouted at her about it.

Part of me felt guilty for saying such a loathsome thing to her but I was thankful that she listened. Who knows if I would've been able to control myself if she didn't?

It amazes me how she never realized how much that turned me on.

Yes, she had the body of a goddess and it pains me not to be all over her at times but I despise her. I really do.

The woman drives me crazy with her mixed emotions.

Things never were supposed to be so complicated as she made them be.

She always makes me look like the bad guy when I'm only trying to protect her and Blaze from all my crap.

"Come on B, we'll call you every day," I said as I tried to cheer him up.

I hated when he cried. It makes me think that I'm a bad dad who lets his kid down.

I don't want him to feel like how my dad made me feel. I want him to always be happy.

"Why can't you guys stay!?" He shouted.

I stayed quiet. I was asking myself that too but I couldn't manage a confrontation with my dad.

Jack wasn't bluffing. He pulled that lame threat a couple of years ago when I was working as an assistant and my dad punched me so hard, that I ended up needing to see a doctor.

He shouldn't have any power over me but he does; that's something I can't change.

"Come on, Blaze. Work with us," Sophia begged.

"You guys have to get me a teddy," he demanded with his arms folded.

"Fine," she said as she put him down and stood up.

She took up her bag and kept looking to the ground.

"I'll pick him up later," she mumbled before rushing out.

She was still mad at me that she couldn't even look me in the eyes. She knew how much I liked eye contact.

I noticed that since the day after the party.

"What do you want to do now, kiddo?" I asked as I start fake wrestling him.

He giggled uncontrollably, "I don't know."

I thought for a moment.

"Hmm...how about we bake some cookies? You can eat them while your mom and I are gone."

He immediately nodded as he ran to the kitchen.

I followed behind him before picking him up and putting him on the counter.

"First we need a bowl to mix everything in."

He nodded as he opened the cupboard and took out a bowl.

I took him down and went for the other ingredients to make the cookies.

"Daddy, you don't seem like a bad person."

I smiled that him. "Now, why would you think that? Did mommy tell you I was?"

I'll kill her if she went this far.

He shook his head. "But can you promise me something? Pretty please?"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Blaze, I can't take you to meet the president of Russia."

He shook his head. "That's not it."

"Okay, what is it then?"

"Can you stop hurting mommy in her sleep?"

I raised an eyebrow as I drank a glass of water. "What are you talking about?"

"Mommy kept crying your name in her sleep and you made her pee herself."

I started to choke my water.

"She-she what?"

"And she also cries a lot when she thinks I'm sleeping."

I rubbed his head. "Okay kiddo, let's not tell mommy that you told me these things, okay?"

He nodded his head as he went back to helping me mix the ingredients.

...
Vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 1.7K 39
Katerina Soldano has done many things in her life: Run a mafia, own a billion dollar business, graduate from MIT... but marriage? That has never been...
2.7M 101K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
37.3K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...
199K 6.7K 41
Sequel/Part 2 to Fire and Flames !! Read part 1 before proceeding to this or else it won't make any sense! Zephyr and Athena were finally able to see...