Hood Gurl

By bellbee19

A 16 year old girl who lives in the hood with her over crowded family, deals with the surprising abuses at ho... More

Hood Gurl- Vol. 1
Hood Gurl- Vol. 2
Hood Gurl- Vol. 3
Hood Gurl- Vol. 4
Hood Gurl- Vol. 5
Hood Gurl- Vol. 6
Hood Gurl- Vol. 7 *SPECIAL* (Part 1 Of 2)
Hood Gurl- Vol. 7 *SPECIAL* (Part 2 Of 2)
Hood Gurl- Vol. 8
Hood Gurl- Vol. 9

Hood Gurl- Vol. 10 ~**FINALE**~

6.9K 131 39
By bellbee19

Chapter 1

- And the story goes on… (Thursday- Late June)

Life can be so confusing sometimes. You can be feeling depressed and sad for a moment then at the next; you can be having the moment of your life! I’ve been through so much as ya’ll may know. My life hasn’t been an easy road to overcome but it definitely made me smarter, wiser and stronger along the way. My birthday recently passed and now I was seventeen years old. The Kassidy you first knew had a tough junior year. A year that taught me to know who really was your friends and who wasn’t. A year that taught me who can change and who could not. A year that showed me right from wrong. A year that expressed me to see who I should really be and who I shouldn’t. Moreover, a year that showed me who I loved and who I didn’t really love. I’ve been foolish, I’ve been smart, I’ve been a dummy, I’ve learned a lot. Now that I’m going to be a senior soon, following my sister’s footsteps, I will know exactly how to be. My family life was finally complete. I now have the mother that my family all prayed for. She loved us all along the bumpy road, but had a hard ass time expressin’ it. Now she’s cool with all of us and that’s all I eva asked for in a mother. I may have lost my dad but he is still in all of our hearts. I’ve had a hard time with him too. It was crazy… those beat downs, those arguments… but its just a way to show you life is never easy. I’ve got my friends Keyshia and Deahvian. Deahvian may be in a wheelchair from that tragic day at prom, but Marcus is in jail and is a changed man for who will never be around my life ever again. As for my love life… well… let’s just say it will be finally in it’s place after the end of this novel. In a place where I should have been at ever since, I first met him.
In addition… HELLLLL…. Yeah, this is my life.
***********************************************************
It was 7:00pm on a warm summer night. I was at tha Cheesecake Factory with the fam. Mom, Andrew, Raven, Robert, Jordan, Aniyah & Jazmine. We were at the Cheesecake Factory in celebration for Rae’s graduation this Saturday and lemme tell you this… The food was SLAMMIN!!
“Dang Rae I can’t believe your going to college!” I said eating my Filet Mignon. I was wearin a floral light blue/green/dark blue top with sequin trim skinny jeans with olive platform sandals and sliver jewelry. My hair was up in a bun straight and shiny. I knew I was rockin my clothes out.
“Well… it’s been a tough road gurl. I just hope I get accepted to The Fashion Institute of Technology. Michael Kors, Calvin Klein and even David Chu went there!” Raven replied.
“Well I know u will sista. Your dresses always been on and poppin’!”
“I’m so proud of you Rae!” My mom said hugging Rae tightly across from her.
I was glad my mom was finally out of the habit of beating us and arguing at us. That shit was HIGHLY annoying and I’m prayin’ she stays that way so I don’t hate her ever again.
“Thanks mom. I’ve tried mad hard.”
“Well you did try. And that’s why I’m so proud of you!”
“Now we won’t have to see your stinky face at home anymore!” Aniyah said.
“Yeah! Big head!” Jazmine added high-fiving Aniyah.
“Shut up y’all pinheads!” Raven retaliated.
“Aniyah & Jazmine are pinheads!” Robert said laughing along with Jordan.
“Okay, okay, okay everybody!” My mom said clearing the commotion down. “Nobody is a pinhead, a big head, or stinky in this family!”
“I’m glad I left for college for a while.” Andrew said. “This family is a serious trip.”
“Now, now Andrew don’t get angry now. It’s Raven’s special pre-graduation dinner and I want to make sure everything will be just perfect.”
“Yeah Andrew shut up!” Raven said.
“You shut up!”
“No you shut up!”
“You shut up!”
“No you shut up!”
“Why don’t you BOTH shut up!?” I said getting annoyed by there immatureness.
Soon we all started bustin out laughing.
“You know I missed you guys.” Andrew said cheesin’.
“Yeah, but for a couple of seconds ago it didn’t seem like it.” I said.
“Well I did so shut up Kassidy.”
“You shut up!”
“No you shut up!”
“You shut-”
“OKAY!! Why don’t we all shut up and concentrate on eating our dinner shall we?” My mom said takin a bite of her steak.
“Yeah Andrew!” Aniyah said.
“Ssh you punk.” He said shoving her playfully.
Even though Andrew cud be mean and rude sometimes, I did truly miss him. He livened up our family and always made jokes. Now that him AND Raven ain’t gunna be home by next September, its going to quiet and I will have the annoying brat rat twins Aniyah & Jazmine all up on my grill.
“So how is college Andrew?” My mom asked.
“It’s all good mom. Classes can be mad hard sometimes but I’m goiin thru it tho.”
“That’s what I like to hear.” She said smiling.
“Is college easy?” Raven asked.
“HELL NO. It’s hard as hell. You gotta be on class on time, you got to do all your damn homework and the tests and quizzes aren’t easy to past.”
Soon Raven frowned. “I don’t know if I’m ready to go to college you guys…”
“Raven! Don’t say that!” My mom said.
“But it’s true… I feel like its going to be difficult.”
“Nothing in life is easy hunnie. You will do just fine, don’t stress it out.”
“Yeah Rae and I also heard college guys are so cute!” Aniyah said.
“Well that is a plus.” She said laughing.
“What you know about college boys Aniyah!?” I said shocked. These twins think they know every damn thing.
“Our friends told us. There sisters and brothers told them.” Jazmine said.
“Wow you guys believe everything that you hear at school.” I said shakin my head.
“That’s how we got our boy advice.”
“And that’s how you FAIL AT GIVING ADVICE!” I said.
“Whutever. Don’t hate sista. Appreciate.” Aniyah said.
Soon two waitresses came to our table with a big 3-layer cake and we all gasped. I WAS READY TO DIG IN!
“Wh-wh-what’s th-this?” Raven said shocked.
“Raven…” My mom started smiling brightly. “Congratulations.”
Soon the waitress lighten up the cake that spelled ‘Congratz’ on the top layer.
“Th-this is… is for-for me!?” Raven said cheesin’.
“Duh you are the one graduating!” Aniyah said.
“CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!” Robert said bouncing in his seat with Jordan.
“I love chocolate cake!!” Raven said.
“I hope you all enjoy our special 3 layer chocolate cheesecake.” The waitress said.
“It looks delicious! Thank you so much!” My mom said.
“Mom thank you so much!” Raven said hugging her.
“Not a problem Rae.” She said hugging her.
“ENOUGH WITH THE HUGGING! TIME FOR CAKE!” Jazmine said.
“I get the first piece!” Aniyah called out.
“NO I called for the cake first! I should get it!” Jazmine replied.
“Hey but that’s my cake!!” Raven said going up to it trying to snatch it from Aniyah.
“I want chocolate cake!” Robert said getting up to the cake too.
“NO! I get it before you! I was born first!” Jordan said following him.
“Hey! I’m in college first I get to have the first piece!” Andrew said going up to them as they tugged at the cake and argued.
“Can you believe this Kassidy?” My mom said laughing as they all made a commotion.
“I’m the only sensible one in the family mom.”
“Hahaha yes you are!”
“Hold on mom. I’ll be right back ima go use the bathroom.”
“Don’t leave me here by myself for long now Kassidy.”
“Nahh don’t worry mom. I won’t.” I said laughing getting up from my seat.
I soon started heading over to the bathroom. My family was seriously to crazy for me at times. Sometimes I even think I’m not related to them. As soon as I was going to get into the girls bathroom, I automatically stopped. I wided my eyes and was in complete surprise. Somebody I thought I would NEVER suspect was here, somebody who was mad at me, somebody who I thought hated me, somebody who was takin a break from me. It was no other than……… ROMEO GARRETT and his family was right there eating at the same restaurant as me!

Chapter 2

I couldn’t believe who I just spotted! ROMEO GARRETT!!? HERE AT THE SAME RESTAURANT AS ME!? This was fuckin unbelievable. What was he doin here, and why was we at here at the same time!!? Get it together Kassidy, Get it together Kassidy! I knew I was takin this over the top but seriously! He was right there eating with his family! Should I go say hi? Or should I just past by them and hope for them to not spot me? I soon started contemplating. This was a difficult decision. I wasn’t planning on seein Romeo because I didn’t want to break the news about breaking up with him. I wasn’t ready yet… I wasn’t ready for him to get his heart broken. I wasn’t ready for him to get mad or anything! I knew Cameron was the one who belonged to my heart but it wasn’t going to be easy to break it off with Romeo. I soon gulped. I knew I had to say hi to him or I would feel guilty not too. I soon took a deep breath and slowly started walking over to there table.
“H-h-hi…” I said smiling shyly.
“K-K-KASSIDY!!!!?” Romeo said choking on his water.
“Kassidy!!!” His sister Cassandra said going up to me and giving me a tight hug.
“Hey Cassandra.”
“I haven’t seen you in weeks! How you been?”
“I’ve been good.” I said eyeing Romeo who was still staring at me. Why the hell was he doin that?
“Nice to see you again Kassidy. Are you here with family?” Romeo’s dad said.
“Umm yeah, I was on my way to the restroom but when I saw you guys here I decided to drop by to say hi.”
“Well how nice. Aren’t you going to greet your girlfriend to sit with us son?”
“Umm uhh yeah, yeah sure…” Romeo said moving to give me space.
“Oh, I would love to stay but I-”
“Non sense. We got room for you Kassidy come sit down next to Romeo.”
“Well I-”
“Its okay Kass. You can sit with us.” Romeo said.
I soon froze. Half of me wanted to stay but the other half of me wanted to go. Why did I have to meet him here!? Just bein around Romeo made me think of Cameron more and I couldn’t take that anymore! That’s why I had to break it off with him. I soon gulped. Maybe I should break it off tonight instead of holdin it in me. This ain’t gon be easy but shoot… I needed my Cameron back.
“Okay just for 10 minutes I guess.” I said scooting next to Romeo.
“Hey good lookin.” Romeo’s younger bro Kevin said flirting with me.
I soon giggled. “Hi Kevin.”
“Romeo if you don’t want her, lemme date her. I’ll show her a real man.”
Soon his dad and Cassandra laughed.
“Kevin just eat your food and shush up.” Romeo said.
I soon took a deep breath. “So Romeo… how you been?”
“I’ve been alright. And you?”
“I’ve been umm… good.”
“Oh… that’s cool.”
“Yeah… Soo…” This was awkward. I wanted to break up with him but I couldn’t find the right words to say.
“Listen Kassidy…” He started. He soon gently lifted my face towards his and kissed me on the lips softly. “I’m sorry.”
“Huh? What you mean?” I was confused. Why was he sorry for?
“I’m sorry for the way I treated you for the past weeks. I neva spoke to you, called you or anything. I was just… just hurt. But I’m better now.”
“What you mean you was hurt?”
“Well, I was just tryin to get myself together. I wanted to give you time and when we had that break between us I kept thinking about how I ditched you like that. I never met to hurt you Kassidy. I wasn’t thinking straight when I said that. I felt bad through out the whole weeks.”
“Romeo… its fine really. I’m not hurt.”
“Your not??” He said puzzled.
“Yeah I’m fine. I really did need some time though to think some things straight.”
“So were cool?”
“Well… th-there.. Is something I gotta-”
“Of course you guys ain’t cool! Can’t you see how your doin your girl Romeo!? Ain’t that right baby?” Kevin said interrupting me. He eyed me flirtatiously.
“Dad! Tell Kevin to lay off our business!” Romeo said.
His dad soon chuckled. “Alright, alright Kevin. Give your brother and his girlfriend some space.”
Kevin soon rolled his eyes and went back to eating.
“Sorry about that.”
“Its okay. Anyways like I was sayin-”
“OH! Before I forget! Dad you got the tickets?”
“Oh yes I got them right here.” He said reaching for his pocket.
What the hell was goin on? And what tickets?
“Tickets? Tickets for what?”
Soon his dad handed him a ticket and Romeo soon took my hand gently. “Kassidy… how would you like to go on a cruise with me and my family next month for a week?”
I soon froze. HE SAID WHAT!!? A CRUISE!!? ME ON A CRUISE WITH HIM!? I was shocked. I was in awe, I was in complete confusion. A CRUISE WITH HIM? WITH HIS FAMILY!? A CRUISE!? WITH HIM!?
“Wh-wh-wh-wh-WHAT!!?” I yelled breathing heavily.
He soon chuckled. “I knew you would be shocked. And yeah its true Kass. Just you with me and my family on a cruise to the Caribbean. Doesn’t that sound great!?”
“I-I-I-I-I…”
“Aww your speechless?” Romeo said laughing.
“I-I-I… oh my god. Oh my god… OH MY GOD!”
“Are you that shocked?”
“ROMEO! This is unbelievable!” I said grabbing my ticket. I couldn’t believe he wanted to take me on a cruise. ME!!!!? MY FIRST CRUISE EVER! Ain’t any fuckin way I’m turnin’ that down! “B-b-but I don’t get it. How did you pay for these!?”
“Kass don’t worry about it. I got money. Duhh.”
“B-b-but… why? Why me?”
“Kassidy.” He soon took my hand and kissed me softly again on the lips. “I want to make it special for you. I wanna be special for you. And like I said before, I’m sorry for treatin you badly babe. I didn’t mean to. You know I love you.”
Soon those three words hit me. And they hit me HARD. How was I going to respond to that now!? Damn!
“Romeo… I-I-I…”
“Sssh.” He said puttin his finger softly on my lips. “Your happiness is all I need to hear. I’m just glad you love it.” He kissed my cheek.
“Y-y-yeah… I-I-I… I will.” I said nervously.
“So baby… what was you going to say to me again?”
I gulped. I accepted the ticket, I ACCEPTED THE DAMN TICKET!! How could I be so stupid!? How am I going to break-up with him now? This is a fuckin mess. A big ass fuckin mess. I had no choice but to lie to him. I COULDN’T possibly break up with him now! “Umm… I was going to say… I was goin’ to say… that.. Uhh.. Umm… you’re the best?” I said more as a question.
Romeo smiled. “Thanks baby. You’re the best too.”
“Heheheh… yeah.” I said nervously.
“I cant wait for us to be on a cruise trip, with a room just for us doing whatever we want.” Romeo said smiling bright at me.
“Yeah… uh huh.. That sounds… good!”
“Yeah I know it does.”
“Well… uhh.. I betta get goin back to my family. My mom is probably worried.”
“Thanks for stopping by Kassidy!” Romeo’s dad said.
“Tell your sis I said hi Kass.” Cassandra said.
“Okay I gotchu guys.”
“I’ll call you okay?” Romeo said givin me one last kiss.
“Uhmm.. Okay. Sure.” I said getting up.
“Byeee Kassidy.” Kevin said flirtatiously to me.
“Kevin would you stop!” Romeo said nudging him.
I quickly paced off. That had to be one of the most weirdest accouterments I ever been to and ever been THROUGH. All I know for sure is that I was tangled in a mess that will take me a lot of work to get out of.

Chapter 3

I soon woke up the next day to a bright any sunny day. The weather was the total opposite of how I was feelin when I got up. I felt like I was in a situation that wont be able to handle. I couldn’t believe Romeo still loves me… and I still can’t believe I accepted those DAMN tickets. Goin’ on a cruise would be nice and all but, I could NOT possibly go. I wouldn’t want to go anyways. Being around Romeo would only cause me to want Cameron even more and more. Cameron… Cameron… my first love. I HAD to win him back. I was not going to let him go without a fight. But at the same time I’m tryin to fight off Romeo without hurting his feelings. How in the damn world will I be able to do that? I shook my head in frustration and got up from bed. I opened my bedroom door and headed over to the kitchen. I smelt waffles, bacon and scrambled eggs in the kitchen. DAMN I was sure glad my mom was cookin’ some sensible food now.
“Mornin mama.” I said going to the table where Aniyah, Jazmine, Robert, Jordan, and Raven sat eating breakfast.
“Mornin’ Kass. I fixed you up a plate. Its right next to Rae.”
“Thanks.” I said chowing down my food like I ain’t eat in days.
“Soooo… did you dream about Romeo or Cameron?” Raven said laughing along with Aniyah and Jazmine.
“Stop playin! I ain’t dream about neither of them.”
“Gurl, stop trippin’ and give us the 411. We alll know you still have feelings for Cameron.”
“Okay, so?”
“Soooo what she is tryin to say is that you ain’t gonna get him back!” Jazmine said.
“WHAT!? How can you say that to me?” I was pissed off. I had such supportive sisters… NOT.
“First of all Jazmine shut up. I didn’t say that.” Raven said defending herself.
“Well me and Aniyah know a lot about relationships so Kassidy you betta listen to us.”
“I wouldn’t listen to you guys if we three were the only ones left in the world. You would kill me in a instance!!!”
“Na uh. We would help you.” Aniyah said.
“You guys ain’t even fuckin helpin’ me now!”
“Watch the language Kassidy.” My mom said washing dishes.
“Sorry…”
“Kassidy don’t listen to anything your sisters say.”
“I agree mom. There useless!”
“HEY! Were not useless. Were good at givin advice.” Jazmine said.
“Okay well lemme give y’all some advice.”
“What is that?” They said in unison.
“Its two words. And those words are… SHUT UP.”
Robert & Jordan soon busted out laughing.
“Kassidy told Aniyah & Jazmine to shut up!” Robert said.
“Okay this is exactly why I don’t like explicit language around the young ones.” Mom said.
“They had it coming!” I yelled.
“Okay, okay Kassidy. Listen. If its true love you will be with Cameron again. You just got to believe.”
I soon frowned. I knew it HAD to be true love with Cameron. He was my everything, my thoughts are always bout him… shit, I couldn’t even bare to see him and Renee together. I just hoped that at the graduation my plan would go through.
“Yoo Kassidy, somebody is callin you.” Andrew said comin into the kitchen with my iPhone.
“Oooh give me!” I said grabbin it from his hand runnin up the stairs and closing my door. I prayed to God that it was Cameron on the phone.
“Hello?”
“Hey baby.”
I automatically knew who it was. It was Romeo… I wondered what was up.
“Oh hey Romeo. What’s up?” I said nervously. I felt nervous talkin to him lately since I found out I love Cameron than him. I just had this guilt in me that wont let go until I told Romeo what I got to tell him.
“I got some good news for you.”
I soon brighten up. “What!? What is it?” Was he planning on breaking up with me!? That would be a total lifesaver.
“Cameron called me…”
I soon froze. Cameron called Romeo? Cameron called Romeo!? CAMERON CALLED ROMEO!!? But what fuckin reason was that for? “Cameron!? Why did Cameron call you!!?
Romeo soon chuckled. “Calm down babe. Cameron called me cause he invited us to a party.”
A PARTY!!? CAMERON INVITED ME AND ROMEO TO A PARTY! This was unbelievable. “A PARTY? You gotta be fuckin kidding me. For what? What type of party!?”
“He told me madd people from your school is going to be there later tonight at 8:00. He said it’s a senior’s pre-graduation celebration party at his house. He said I had to be there since I’m one of his tight friends and that I have to bring you along too. Isn’t that great baby!?”
I soon froze. A senior’s pre-graduation celebration party at Cam’s house? This would only be my third time goin over Cameron’s house. The first time was when Juliss-ass came over ruining everything in the beginning but then in the end, we had a special dinner together. Memories of me and Cameron durin that dinner flooded through my mind. This only made me miss Cameron more. I was now more than ever determined to get him back.
“Kassidy you there?” Romeo said.
“Oh shit my fault. I’m here. And yeah… ummm, I would love to go! Your going to pick me up?”
“Yeah of course I will. I’ma be at your house at 7:30 and you just tell me where Cameron’s house is. Raven should be taggin’ along right?”
“Well if it’s a senior party than obviously.”
He soon laughed. “Yeah your right. Well ima make sure ima be good-ass lookin for you baby. You know how I do.”
I smiled lightly. But hearin that only made me feel more guiltier now. “Yeah… I-I-I know. I’ma be lookin good too.”
“iight babe. I love you and I will see you tonite Ma!”
I wided my eyes. Now my guilt level was off the meter. He had to say those three damn words! “Ok bye!” I quickly hanged up and took a deep breath. Hopefully at the party I will finally be able to tell Romeo what I know I must do. In the meantime, I’ma have to call D and Keysh. It’s time to do my hair, work on what to wear and make sure I look fly tonight!
****************************************************
Around 7:00pm, I was HOOKED UP! Damnnn I couldn’t believe who I saw struttin’ in front of the mirror in my closet. It was me! Kassidy Davis! Rockin it to the fullest. Deahvian and Keyshia were one of the flyest gurls who can hook a sista up at times of need. Not to mention, Raven also helped decorate and fix up my slammin’ clothes too with her magnificent sewing talents. I was rockin’ out a tiered diamond printed dress with a double v-neck with metallic diamonds allover with accents. I had on shiny peep toe pumps on my smooth feet that showed off my fresh manicure. My hair was straightened extra flat and shiny; D washed my hair with some good ass shampoos and conditioning so my hair felt flawless and clean.I had a small Prada bag, which Raven let me borrow and Keyshia worked well with my make-up. I had nice dark and thick eyelashes, pinkish blush on my cheeks, gold eye shadow on my upper eyelids, a coat of light pink lipstick on my lips and my eyebrows were neatly fixed with a eyebrow liner. My nails were nice and dark red with white flowers on my thumbs. To top it off I had Chanel: Coco Mademoiselle perfume sprayed from my neck to my toes. I looked good, I smelt good, I felt good, I WAS GOOD! And ready to get my party on.
“I’m soooo glad Cameron let us come his party tonight gurl!” Deahvian said.
I begged Romeo to tell Cameron if I can bring my best gurlfriends ova and of course, he said yes. This is a senior party and where I’m from, senior’s parties are serious. This had to be the best one yet.
“Gurl, help me zipper up my dress! I helped you with your makeup!” Keyshia said trying to reach the zipper at the back of her dress.
I laughed out loud. “iight, I guess you deserve that!”
Deahvian is wearin’ a leopard tube dress, with matching leopard heels. She had on light make-up and her hair was curled up (courtesy Keyshia) and she had on some juicy couture perfume. Keyshia is wearin’ a hot pink sleeve-less satin dress, with dark black high heels. Her hair was curled up as usual and she had on heavy make-up that made her look good. We both were rockin fly, high and worldwide!
“Thanks chica.” Keyshia said after I finished zipping up her dress.
“Gurl can you believe it!!? Were goin to one of the hottest senior parties EVER! AT CAMERON WILLIAMS HOUSE!!!” D yelled.
“AAHH!!!!” We all three yelled jumping up and down.
“Oh my God! We need to stop! I’ma break my heel, ima break my heel!” Keyshia said puttin on some gold jewelry.
I laughed. “Keyshia u ain’t gonna break ya heel! You look sexy boo!”
Keyshia soon started voguing in front of us. “Well you know how I do! Bam! Bam!”
We all soon busted out laughing. Suddenly, Raven came in the room. She is wearin one of her designer dresses. A “Ya gurls ready? Romeo gonna be here soon.”
“Were almost done Rae just gotta put on some jewelry.”
“Oh guess what!” Rae said cheesin’. I wonder what in the world she was so happy about?
“Your pregnant!?” Deahvian said cracking up loudly
“D!” Me, Rae and Keysh said.
She soon caught her breath. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!! Hahahaha I just couldn’t help it! Ya’ll know I’m crazy.”
“Yes you are D! Your crazy in the head! Now spit it out Rae.”
“Remember when Rashawn came over our house that day when all our prom dates came over?”
“Yeah I remember! I bet Jose is going to be at the party too!” Keyshia said smiling.
“Denzel gon’ be there too! Shoot, I’ma be his wifey soon! Trust that!”
We all soon laughed accept Raven.
“Would you three shut up!!? Anyways… Me and Rashawn… were dating! He’s gonna be there also! He’s best friends with Cameron’s friend Brandon.”
I soon froze. Why in the world am I finding this out now!?
“Why the fuck did you not tell me this EARLIER!!?” I yelled.
“Because I wanted to keep it a secret.”
“But wait a minute…” Started D. “Isn’t that your mom’s ex-boyfriend son?”
“Just cause they ain’t datin’ D doesn’t mean I cant date his son!” Raven retorted.
“Man… I’m sooo fuckin’ glad she left him. Momma wasn’t truly in love with that dude.” I said.
“UH UH!!! Look who’s talkin!!! Mrs. I’m with Romeo but I’m tryin to leave him for Cameron Williams!!?” D said.
“Hey! Don’t bring this shit back on me! I’ma get Cameron. Sooner or later!!”
“Yeah… yeah…”
“D! Your soooooo not bein supportive! None of ya’ll are bein supportive!”
“Kassidy… we are supportive of you chica.” Keyshia started goin up to me to give me a quick soft hug. “But seriously, you gotta dump him and soon. You ain’t doin Romeo no good for hurtin him like this.”
“Okay I know! I know! But I’ve been to the psychiatrist. I figured out all my problems. Ima be honest and everything!”
“Hahaha I will believe it when I see it!”
“Leave her alone and concentrate on my conversation!” Raven said.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. You and Rashawn yadda yadda yadda, anyways! Which one of these earrings looks sexier? The studs or the hoops?” D said ditchin Raven.
“Kassidy I don’t know how you bare to be friends wit her!”
I laughed. “Well D always has been my homegurl since we’ve been in diapers. You already know what it is.” I said givin her a tight hug.
D stuck her tongue out at Raven. “Ha! She loves me! Not you! Not even her own sista now beat it!”
Raven rolled her eyes. “Iight, I’ma be in the living room waitin for Romeo.” She soon left the room.
“Dang gurls I ain’t known about ya’ll but this Dominican gurl right here is lookin too good!” Keyshia said.
“Stop bein so full of yourself!” I said getting up pushin her away from the mirror.
“Hey! Who said you can take my spotlight!?”
“Says the gurl who owns this mirror, now move!” I said checkin myself out.
“Nah uh! The spotlight isn’t on until Deahvian Jones comes up in the building! You betta watch yourself, I’m on fire!” D said wheelin towards the mirror pushin me away.
“Hey!” I said.
“Oops I’m sorry gurl. Did I burn ya?” D started bustin out laughing.
“Nah but-” I soon pushed her away from the mirror. “Did I hurt ya? Haha oops my fault!”
Soon Keyshia shoved me from the mirror. “Ummm have you not learned? Us Spanish people can really work off a dress in our muy lindo dresses!”
“Keyshia move over so I can check my face!” I said.
“No you use another mirror!”
“Hey! I wanna use that mirror!” D said getting into our argument.
“I was here first!” Keysh said.
“This is my mirror! I should use it first!” I said
“Umm, I’m in more need to check myself out than you two! You know I got extra weight than the both of ya’ll.”
Keysh and me soon stared at D. “Shut up.” We both said in unison.
Soon we all three started arguing on who should use the mirror first.
“I’ma use it!”
“Nahhh I am!”
“Umm! I AM!”
“I AM!”
“NO I AM!”
“PLEASE GO USE SUMTHIN ELSE!”
“NO!”
“YES!”
“SHUT UP AND LEMME USE IT!
“NO!”
“YES!”
“I WANT TO!
“NO I-”
“YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Raven yelled out over our argument. We soon got startled and stare dead-eyed at Raven.
“You guys! I’ve been tryin to tell you ova and ova that ROMEO IS OUTSIDE! LET’S GO!!! UGH! Cant believe you guys are goin to a senior party…” Raven said storming away.
Silenced soon hit us and me and my gurls soon started bustin out laughing.
“Oh my GOSH! THAT WAS HILARIOUS!” D said laughing so hard tears trembled down her cheeks.
“Did you see the look on Kassidy’s face when her sister popped in!?” Keyshia said.
“Better yet! Did you see the look on Rae’s face!!?” I said.
We all three laughed again.
“Man… you know I love you guys.” D wheelin ova to my bedside table getting her purse.
“I love you too Deahvian.” Keyshia said grabbin her purse.
“Man I love both of ya’ll!” I said.
We all three soon grouped hugged.
“Damn! Romeo is out there! Let’s go and get our PARTAYY ON!! Somebody come carry me down the stairs! ” D said.
“Iight D, you lucky you ain’t to heavy for me! Kassidy, you bring D’s wheelchair down the stairs!” Keyshia said getting her down the stairs.
I soon took one more glance at myself in the mirror. After checkin my face for blemishes and brushin my hair down I soon frowned. Reality soon kicked into me once again. I was going to be with Romeo for the whole night and I won’t even be able to be happy with him. My friends were right. I had to break it off with Romeo immediately. I couldn’t be doin this to him. He loves me and I don’t even love him back. If wanted to get Cameron back I had better make sure I break it off with him tonight! No ifs, no buts, no anything. I soon took a deep breath. I was happy a couple of minutes ago, laughing along with my friends; but now that I knew what I had to do, that happy feelin was soon long gone. This shit was going to be harder than ever.

Chapter 4

We soon arrived at Cameron’s house at 8:00 sharp. The whole freakin block was crowded full of cars takin up all parking spots, dozens of double parking placed about and a couple of people was outside. The music was bumpin’ louda than eva.
“Iight y’all can leave me off here. My girls are by the corner.” Raven said getting out of Romeo’s car.
“Okay, see you soon Rae.” I said to her.
“Damnnnnn… THAT’S CAMERON’S HOUSE!!?” D yelled wiggling around the car seat.
“Would you calm the motherfuckin calm down!?” I said.
“Damnnn Kass. I really hope you get Cameron back.” Keyshia said.
THIS GURL DID NOT SAY WHAT I THINK SHE JUST SAID! OMG IMA BE KILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Huh?” Romeo said eyeing Keyshia.
“KEYSHIA!!!” D and me yelled.
She soon wided her eyes, grabbed her purse and ran out the car into the house.
“IMA KILL U!” I yelled out to her.
“What did she mean by that Kassidy?” Romeo said still looking for a parking space.
I soon started panicking. Dammit! How the hell can Keyshia do this dumb-ass shit to ME!!?
“Umm… I… uhh… I-I-I-I… uhh-”
“What she meant was that she hope Kassidy gets Cameron that house gift she was going to buy for him! Right Kassidy?” D said winking her eye consistently at me.
D was such an incredible friend. UNLIKE SOMEBODY ELSE! “Yeah that’s exactly what she meant! I promised Cameron a nice house gift back then and I neva done so!”
Romeo soon started laughing. “Oh… Well you betta do that.”
I soon did a quiet sigh of relief. Keyshia was going to get it inside the house. TRUST THAT.
“Man… I can’t find a damn parking.”
“Well how about me and D go inside while we wait for you to find a parking?”
“I’m ready to get my PARTAYYY ON! Drop me off here!” She yelled
“Deahvian!!!” I yelled out to her.
“It’s okay babe. I’ma go help her get out of the car.”
I sighed… I still wish D were neva in a wheelchair in the first place. Romeo soon grabbed D’s wheelchair from the trunk and soon wheeled her over to the house. Couple of minutes later he came back in the car.
“Romeo do you mind if I go head inside to?”
“Baby, do you mind staying here? Givin me some company?”
I gulped. I didn’t want to stay in here with Romeo. I wanted to go inside and find Cameron. But I couldn’t let him know I was doggin’ him soo quick like that. I soon sighed a sigh of stress. Keeping a secret was hard for me. Guilt pressed on to me once again.
“Yeah… sure.” I said as politely as possible.
Around 10 minutes later we finally found a parking space about a block away from Cam’s house. It wasn’t that close, but it wasn’t that far. Walkin’ for a bit will have to do. Romeo soon turned off his car.
“iight lets go.” I said opening the passenger door.
“Wait, wait!” Romeo said. I was confused. The party was INSIDE! Not OUTSIDE! What did he want to do?
“Kass can we have some alone time before we go inside?”
Uh-oh… I knew exactly what he wanted to do. But I couldn’t bare start kissing him when I’m in love with my ex! This shit was getting frustratin’.
“Umm… uhh… What’s up?” I said nervously closing the door. He gently grabbed my hand.
“I’m so glad that I’m goin to a party with you Kass. It may be your ex’s house but as long as I’m there and that you’re here with me it’s special. It’s special to me.”
I soon forced a smile upon my mouth. “Uhh… uhh… Thanks Ro-Romeo.”
He smiled. “You know you are so special to me Kass. I’m glad you’re my girl.”
“Yeah… Umm…” I gulped. “I’m glad t-t-to Ro-Romeo.”
“Is there something wrong?”
“NO! NO!” I said quickly. “Just really wanna get to this party.”
He laughed. “Yeah your right. Can I give you a kiss first?”
I gulped again. I was sweating buckets on my back and my neck. I was so fuckin nervous! I didn’t want to kiss him. I didn’t want to do anything with him! I wanted to be with Cameron not him! I had to tell him now. It either was now or later face guilt haunting on me once again.
“Well umm…”
“Just a kiss Kass. Then we can go in and have fun.”
Well a kiss can’t hurt. Right? I took a deep breath.
“Sure… I guess.” I said.
He soon came in closer to me and I didn’t move. Not a budge or anything. What could I do!? I wasn’t in love with him!!!
“iight I see… ima have to do the work tonight.” He said scooting over.
“Heheheh yeah…” I said laughing nervously.
He soon started kissing me deeply on the lips. I wasn’t feelin it. I wasn’t feelin it as I used to anymore. It was… it was… empty. An empty feelin. No fireworks, stars, or the feelin of bein up in a cloud anymore. It was gone. It was all lust. Never love.
He soon stopped. “Is everything okay Kass?”
“Ye-yeah. C’mon lets go!” I quickly got out of the car and started heading up to the house. I wiped my lips quickly when Romeo wasn’t looking, locking his car. I felt bad that I did that. I felt bad that I let him kiss me when I wasn’t kissing him back with passion. I felt bad. I felt really bad. But I decided to tell him later tonight after the party. I swear this time! Soon a minute later we finally got to the porch of the house.
“Names?” A guy at the front door with a deep voice said who looked familiar. Maybe he hangs wit Cameron?
“Kassidy Davis and Romeo Garrett.” I said.
“iight ya’ll in. Enjoy.”
I soon smiled brightly. As he opened the door, everything was MAD LIVE! Over 150 people were all around downstairs of his big house dancing around, eating and talking as a throwback ‘U Don’t Have To Call’ by Usher filled the speakers on blast.

♫“U don’t have to call… it’s okay girl. Cause I’ma be alright toniteee. U don’t have to call… it’s okay girl. Cause I’ma be alright toniteee.
Gonna boogie tonight, cause I’m honestly to young of a guy. To stay homeee, waitin’ for love. So tonight, i’ma do what single man does. And that’s partyyy." ♪

“Damnnn this nigga’s party is off the roof.” Romeo said comin’ inside behind me.
“HA! You know that’s right.” I soon searched around the party for Keyshia. This girl wasn’t going to get off easy for almost blowin’ off my cover.
“C’mon Kassidy, you don’t wanna dance?” Romeo said to me over the music.
I froze. I definitely wasn’t in the mood to dance with Romeo at the moment. I had to find Keyshia and I definitely had to find Cameron. He was somewhere around here.
“Um… maybe a lil’ bit later?”
“Aww c’mon Kass.” Romeo said.
“Romeo, I really don’t feel like it.”
“I’ma tickle you.” He said tickling my sides.
“OKAY, OKAY, OKAY!! I’ll dance! I’ll dance!” I was aggravated. Can’t he see I wasn’t in the mood to dance?
“Hi sexy…” Three girls who look like seniors from my school said as they walked up to Romeo.
“Hi ladies.” Romeo said still walking to a free space on the floor for us to dance on.
“Hey where your goin?” One of the girls said.
Romeo would probably suspect me to get mad and everything but honestly I couldn’t care less. If these girls wanted him, by all means TAKE HIM! But I obviously couldn’t yell that out.
“I’m goin to dance with my girlfriend Kassidy.”
“Eww.” One of the other girls said.
“C’mon Kassidy, ignore them.”
I rolled my eyes at em and kept on walking. As much as I wanted to break up with Romeo, I didn’t want Romeo to date a girl from my school. Especially one of those types of girls. Not in no way!
Soon Romeo found a spot for us to dance on in the ultra crowded room as ‘Dance With Me’ by 112 hit the stereos.

 ♫“I see you looking at me
I can tell by your eyes that you're feeling me
And I really want you to get close to me
So won't you dance with me, dance with me
My drop top's in the parking lot
And I wanna take you back to my spot
But we still got a little more time to rock
So won't you dance with me, dance with me” ♪

“Show me what you got ma.” Romeo said as he started to dance.
“Show you what I got?”
He soon started laughing. “Yes show me what you got!”
Even though I wasn’t in the mood to really dance I had to show off my moves in my slammin ass dress.
I soon started strutin myself off, flippin my hair around, wiggling my thighs, shakin my ass and gridin all about on Romeo.
“Damnn my gurl got skills.”
I soon laughed. “Well I know I do.”
Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around.
“Kassidy!!!!” D yelled.
“D!!!”
We both soon hugged.
“So wassup?” I asked her.
“Gurl, don’t be playin me!!”
“What you mean, playin you?”
She playfully shoved me. “Don’t be fuckin playin me! I saw you!!! I saw you miss Kassidy.”
“Oh you mean my smooth dance moves?” I said cheesin’.
“Yes! When did you learn how to do that!?”
“Don’t worry about it. Anyways where’s Denzel?”
“Oh Denzel is over at the corner chillin with his nigga’s and shit. Oooh my fave part of this song is about to come up!”

♫ “If you're sexy and you know it
Clap your hands
If you're sexy and you know it
Clap your hands
If you're sexy and you know it
And you really wanna show it
If you're sexy and you know it
Clap your hands, yeah” ♪

Everybody in the party soon started clapping their hands to the beat. This party was WILD, and I had to admit. Cameron can surely through a good ass party when he can!!
“Even though I’ma paraplegic girl, nobody said I can’t get my groove on, on a wheelchair!“ D said movin her butt and her arms all around.”
I soon busted out laughin. “D! Stop before you hurt yourself!”
“I ain’t gon hurt myself gurl! Anyways, I’ma head bacc to Denzel. Did you find Keyshia yet?”
“HELL NO! THAT BITCH IS IN FOR IT!”
“Dang, calm down! Your at a party! Live free, be wild!” D said laughing as she wheeled bad to Denzel.
“Your friend Deahvian is crazy.”
I soon turned around. DAMN, I forgot about Romeo all through out the conversation. “Oh, she’s always like that.”
“Hey you want me to get you something to drink?”
I soon smiled. This was the perfect opportunity for me to start searching for Cameron and Keyshia around the crowded house party. “I would much appreciate it.”
“iight babe. Be right back.” He soon kissed me on the cheeks and left to the kitchen.
I sighed. This was not cool. I had to break up with him soon.
One of my fave songs, ‘My Last’ by Big Sean featuring Chris Brown soon bumped in the stereos.

 ♫ “And I’mma hit this drink up like it’s my last
I’mma, I’mma hit this night up like it’s my last
I’mma, I’mma hit this ass up like it’s my last
Swear I’mma, swear I’mma get it like
Like I never had it at all all all all, all all all all
Like I never had it at all all all all, all all all all” ♪

Everybody soon started jumpin’ up and down as the lights flickered up and down causing this damn house to shake all about. Dang, I’m surprised Cameron’s parents are mad cool wit this. Even though my mom is thru bein’ evil, she still will go off if shit like this was at our house. I started bumpin’ into dozens of people as I looked all around for Cameron. How can a nigga throw a party and ain’t even be anywhere in sight? After a couple of walks around the living room, the kitchen, the bathrooms and the dinning room I decided to head upstairs. It was only one time I ever been upstairs in Cameron’s house. I soon gulped, full of nervousness. Memories of my first time bein up in Cam’s room flooded my mind:

I was layin in his bedroom that day as we two was alone in his room.
“So, guess what?” He said coming to lay down next to me.
“What?” I said, looking at him straight in the eyes.
“Around 6 tonight I got a special surprise for you.”
“What is it!?”  I said a little to enthusiastic.
“It’s a surprise.” He said chuckling.
I did a little laugh myself. “Okay, whatever you say.”
We looked at each other’s eyes for a couple of minutes, and then he soon came in closer to me, and I came in close too.
“Kassidy, you know I truly like you right?”
“I feel the same way Cameron.”
He soon brushed my cheeks, and I started cheesin’ as my dimples showed and he poked them.
“Your so cute.” He said now brushing my hair.
“And your so cute yourself.”
“Nah… I’m sexy.”
We both laughed again.
He soon came closer, and started kissing me on the lips.
I loved when we kissed, I felt like nothing else felt better than the warm feelings of his affection to me. We soon started kissing……………………

“Umm excuse me?” A familiar girl’s voice said poking my consistently on my shoulder. I quickly turned around and it was no otha than those three skanks that was all up on Romeo earlier.
“Um. Excuse me! But why you touchin me fo!?” I said snatchin her finger off my shoulder.
“Well excuseeee meee. Miss attitude, but umm… where’s that sexy-ass boyfriend of yours?”
I soon chuckled. I don’t want Romeo anymore but I’ma make sure none of these three hoes especially this one right here get to him. “Well hi my name is Kassidy, and yours is?”
“Oh my fault. My name’s LaToya and these are my otha hot friends JoJo and Sabrina. Aren’t you the one who dated Cameron Williams? The host of this party?” LaToya said.
First she want’s to know about Romeo and now she’s askin about my past boyfriend who I’m tryin to win back? This heffa gon’ far enough.
“Yes, and its none of your business now if you excuse me, I got some stuff to-”
“Wait! Where’s your boyfriend?”
I soon started smirking. “He left… he had some other things to do instead of be at a party where three girls are tryin’ to bag my man.”
Soon LaToya and her other two friends rolled their eyes at me and walked away murmuring about me. I couldn’t give two shits! I had to get upstairs.
‘Stand Up’ by Ludacris featuring Shawnna soon pumped out the speakers as I headed upstairs.

♫ “Stand up! Stand up!
Stand up! Stand up!

When I move you move (just like that?)
Hell yeah! Hey DJ bring that back!
(When I move you move) just like that?
(Hell yeah, Hey DJ bring that back!)” ♪

The house rattled and shaked about again. This had to be one of the livest house parties I eva been to. Even upstairs was a bit crowded. I got up the stairs and started searching around for Cameron. He had to be somewhere in this damn traffic. I just wish I still knew where his bedroom door was. I soon knocked on a door and when I didn’t hear anybody, I slowly opened it up spotting a couple make-out in what seems like his parent’s bedroom.
“Get out!” The girl said throwing a pillow at me.
“Sheeshh. Calm the fuck down. I’m goin!” I soon closed the door and pushed through some other people and tried opening up the next door but it wouldn’t budge.
“Occupied!” A boy said.
“My badd..” I said. I soon checked three other doors but I couldn’t spot him anywhere. Where was he? This was his party, this was his house and why couldn’t I find him!?
Suddenly I saw Renee get out from a room. My luck was back! I finally saw where Cameron’s room was. I quickly walked up to Renee.
“Hey Renee.” I said as politely as possible. Although, deep down inside this girl is goin down.
“Hey Kassidy!” She said givin me a quick hug. “Cam told me you and Romeo would be here. Where is he!?”
I gulped. Romeo is probably worried sick where I am right now. I’ve been gone from him for a while after he went to get me a drink. I did feel bad as shit, but I had to see Cameron first before I go back to Romeo. “Oh he’s downstairs. I just came up here to.. Uhh… uhh… Look for another girl I know…. In… in… your grade!” I said lamely.
“Oh, okay cool. I hope your havin fun at our senior party. I bet when you’re a senior your party will be just as cool.” Renee said smiling at me.
“Umm… heheheh, yeah… anyways. Nice seein ya.”
“You too Kass. Later.”
Soon as Renee went down the stairs I pushed through some more people and finally got to Cameron’s bedroom door and froze. A sudden feelin of nervousness soon came upon me. Come on Kassidy, Come on! You can do this! Just go say hi to him and talk to him as you wanted to do earlier. Just open the damn door! I took a big deep breath. I wonder if Cameron will be mad that I budged into his room. I wonder if he will be happy? Sad? Angry? Furious? Well I had to take the damn-ass chance. I slowly started turning the knob to the right and when the door clicked up I cautiously opened it up and spotted Cameron Williams…. Looking… sooo… sexy… more than…. EVER.
“K-Kas-Kassidy!!?” Cameron said cheesin’ as he quickly put on fresh red and green t-shirt. He had on some dark denim jeans, matching red and green sneaks, a red fitted cap on his fresh lookin’ hair cut, his biceps looked like they were pumped from working out, his 6-pack gleamed throughout the shirt, and his dimples lightened up my world as I saw him smile at me and give me a warm hug.
“H-h-h-hi. C-Cameron. I said nervously. Get it together Kassidy!
“I’m so glad to see you come to the party! I thought you wouldn’t want to.”
“Now why would you say that? Of course I would love to.”
He smiled again. “Where’s Romeo?”
“OH! Um… uhh… he’s here. Somewhere… downstairs…”
“Hold on. I didn’t really here you that well. Lemme close the door.” Cameron soon closed his bedroom door to block out ‘Pump It Up’ by Joe Budden on the loud speakers downstairs. “Come sit down.” He said usherin me to come sit on his bed as he started tying his sneakers.
“Oh umm… uhh.. Okay.” I replied timidly.
“Don’t worry Kass. I ain’t got no cooties, and this ain’t the first time you was on my bed.” He said chuckling. And oh how that chuckle made me melt inside. It was so sexy and so cute at the same time. I made my way over to his bed and sat down.
“So what was you sayin?” Cam said.
“Oh… ummm. Romeo is downstairs.”
“Oh iight then. Cool, cool. You guys havin fun?”
“Uh… yeah we are.” I lied. “Were really tired from dancing a lot.”
“Hahahah, sorry for not comin down any sooner I was busy with Renee.”
I soon felt my heart stop. Busy with Renee? Busy with Renee? BUSY WITH THAT GIRL WHO STOLE MY MAN RENEE!!!? Was I really going to get Cameron back after he said that!? This cant be happenin! I just hope when they were getting busy in here that they didn’t do anything to freaky… I felt tears start wellin’ up in my eyes but I had to be strong. I’ma get Cam back! I know it for sure! Ain’t no damn way am I losin him without a fight.
“Oh… that’s-that’s.” I gulped. “Cool…”
“Yeah, Renee can be somethin’ sometimes.” Cameron said soon lookin for a cologne to pick out on his bedside table.
“Pick that one!” I said.
Cameron soon chuckled at me. “Which one?”
“This one.” I soon got up and picked up one of my favorite smelling cologne for guys: Drakkar Noir.
“Ahh that one.” Cam said smiling showin off his cute dimples. I swear to ya’ll that whenever he would smile it would just make me smile back. I truly missed that.
“Want me to spray it on for you?”
“Sure. I would love you too.” He said handing it to me.
I smiled brightly. I gently started sprayin him on his neck and on his arms. “Mmmm, you smell good now.”
We both soon laughed. “Yeah, but don’t I always?”
We both laughed again.
“You always was a joker Cam.” I said puttin the cologne back down.
“Well, I try…”
“Nahh you don’t try. Your just always funny and great to be around with. That’s what I like a lot about you Cam.” I soon froze. DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT!!!? WHY DID I SAY THAT!? “Ooops… I-I-I- I didn’t mean it like that. What I meant-”
He soon chuckled. “It’s okay Kassidy. But really that was sweet of you to say.”
I blushed. He thought that was sweet. That was a good start. “Hahaha, I guess soo…”
Soon the loud hip-hop music from outside cooled down to one of my favorite R&B songs of all time ‘Differences’ by Ginuwine.

♫ “My whole life has changed
Since you came in, I knew back then
You were that special one
I'm so in love, so deep in love

You make my life complete
You are so sweet, no one competes
Glad you came into my life
You blind me with your love, with you I have no sight” ♪

“Uh-oh. Seems like everybody is gonna grab on to their hunnies to this song. We might as well get downstairs to get to ours.” Cameron said quickly brushin his fresh waves on his haircut.
For some reason, I didn’t wanna go downstairs. I wanted to stay up here with Cameron. Romeo could deal without me for a bit right? Plus, this song served as the perfect mood.
“Umm… well I wanted to chill with you here for a little while. Before goin downstairs.”
“You don’t wanna go downstairs to slow dance for a while?” He said puttin his fitted cap back on.
“Nah… slow dances aren’t much of my thing.”
He soon sat down on the bed next to me. “Well… I would really say that. You had some sweet-ass moves on the dance floor at Prom.”
I blushed. I can’t believe he remembered that! “Well… I guess so.”
“Man… Kass… I remember when I danced with you that night. I felt… I felt… just right. I felt complete. Holdin’ your arms, staring down at you… your really special Kassidy. You’re a special girl. Romeo is lucky.”
He thought I was special. HE THOUGHT I WAS SPECIAL! “Aww. Really? Well… I try.”
“Nahh… you don’t try. It’s just you. It’s who you are.” He said smiling down at me.
“Thanks Cameron. Your special too.”
He suddenly took my hands gently and wrapped them around his hands. “Remember when you first came to my house Kassidy?”
I blushed. I remember that day. The days when I was actually with him and not out tryin to win him back. “Yeah I remember.”
“We was right here in my room. I was givin you a massage, you was layin down on my bed and it was just… just you and I.” He soon chuckled.
I laughed. “Yeah. That was my first time with you at your house. To tell you the truth, I was nervous.”
“Nervous for what?”
I took a light breath. Talkin’ about the days I had with Cameron almost started makin me cry. I wanted to be more than a friend to him. I wanted to be his girlfriend again. “I was nervous about what we was goin to do and everything.”
“Oh I remember what we did.” He said deeply.
“You do?” I said. Man, Cameron remembers everything about me and I barely remember shit.
Soon I heard another one of my favorite songs ‘Promise’ by Ciara hit the speakers.

♫“Come enjoy the life
Baby take a ride
I just wanna vibe with you, you
Baby you and I can have a good time
Tell me what you like
Oo oo

Now listen
I've been single for a while now
And I've been kind of lonely
But I'm looking for somebody to talk to,
Love me, someone who can hold me,
Is that you?” ♪

“Yeah I remember Kassidy.” Cameron said pullin closer to me. I froze. I wonder what he was goin to do. Was he goin to kiss me!? Was he goin to say he want me back!?
“Ohh.. I-I-I-I.. uhhh.. I didn’t know you did.”
“Was it somethin’ like this?” He soon pulled me right next to him. Our bodies soon touched and I was face to face with him. His cute dark brown eyes stared ablazingly at me, as my dark brown eyes illuminated back at his. I felt tension when he held me and looked into my eyes. It wasn’t bad tension. It was actually kind of… good.

♫“This mood is so right
It feels so right
You can be my prince
My knight
You can be my superman
Save me here I am” ♪

“Yeah… it was… it was somethin’ like that.” I said softly.
He soon chuckled softly. “Did Romeo tell you how gorgeous you look tonight?”
I soon blushed. Was Cameron tryin to tell me I was gorgeous!?
“Actually… he didn’t..”
“Well… your gorgeous Kassidy. You really are.”
“Thanks Cameron. And you know what, your handsome too.”
“Oh am I really? I told you I’m sexy.”
We both soo laughed lightly.

♫“There's nothing I won't do
To spend my life with you
I'll give my all to you
I promise that I will never lie to you boy” ♪

On the spur of our moment, we soon started comin closer to each other. I knew we as about to kiss and I ain’t goin’ to regret doin so either. Inch by inch we kept on comin in closer and closer and closer till ultimately kissing each other. The kisses were unlike any other kisses I had with Romeo. It was full of passion, intimacy and…and… love. Love. It was full of love. Lot’s of love. And I felt it. All the fireworks, all the stars and the feelin of my heart melting up and down. Before we knew it, we’ve been kissing for over 2 minutes and I didn’t want to let go. I soon fell back down on his bed as he was on top of me kissing me fast and slowly. I love the feelin of him grippin onto my sides and passionately swaying his hands on my legs. He soon reached under my shirt and started rubbing my abdomen. Man, this guy can do things I couldn’t even imagine. He soon started taking off his top and I immediately took mine off as we kept on kissing and kissing. I couldn’t let go of him, I just couldn’t. I knew he didn’t want to let go of me either.
“Kassidy…” Cameron said pausing from kissing me.
“Yes Cameron?”
“Do you really think this is right?”
“What do you mean?”
“I’m makin-out with you… and… and… you have a boyfriend. I have a girlfriend.”
“Well… it’s not like they know though.”
“Kass, maybe we should stop.”
“No Cameron! Really… it’s fine. Honestly.”
“You don’t think their goin to get mad?”
“Well its not like were together anymore.”
“I don’t know Kassidy…”
“Cameron… can I ask you a question?”
“Yeah sure.”
This was a question I thought I would, NEVER… EVER… EVER… ask a boy. But Cameron wasn’t just a boy to me. He wasn’t just anybody. He was somebody special for me. Somebody I wanted to lose something special with. Even if I’m still with Romeo, I wouldn’t want to lose it with Romeo. Besides, Romeo already lost his… and I wanted to lose mine, right now. And I know for sure that I was making the right decision.
“Cameron… I want you to lose my virginity with you.”
He soon gasped. “WHAT!!!?”
“Cameron… I’m really serious. You’re the one I want to lose it with.”
“Kassidy… your great and everything but were crossing the line a bit don’t you think? You want to have…. Sex!?”
“But Cameron… I rather lose my virginity to you than to Romeo.”
“Kassidy…” He soon got up from the bed and started puttin his shirt back on. “I can’t do it. I can’t do it. I’m still with Renee… I think we both just got caught up in the moment and one thing led to another.”
Cameron was right… he was right. WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH ME!!? I did want to lose my virginity to Cameron, but NOW? HERE? NOW!? That was ridiculous. I guess we really did get caught up in the moment.
I soon got up from his bed. “You know Cameron… your right… I don’t know what I was thinking…”
“Kassidy.” He went up to me and lightly kissed me on the cheek. “Your great but this whole kissing each other every time we see each other. It’s got to stop.”
I soon froze. What was he tryin to say!? “You don’t think I’m a good kisser!?”
“No! No! You are Kassidy. Trust me, you really are. But until were single again… this gotta stop. It isn’t right. Don’t you think?”
“Yeah… your right.” I said frowning. But I had to make SURE I try getting him back at graduation before he starts to go Pro in basketball. It was my only chance. I still had my plan up in my sleeve and I ain’t givin up!
“Cool. I’m glad you appreciate it Kass.”
I did a sad smile. “Yeah…”
Suddenly somebody started knocking on the door. “Cammy! It’s me Renee!!”
“Hold on Renee!” Cameron called. He quickly straighten out his clothes and fixed his hat as I put my shirt back on.
“You was amazing Kassidy.” Cameron said smiling brightly at me.
“Thanks… you too.” I said tryin to sound happy, even tho I wasn’t.
“Let’s try not doin this anymore. I don’t wanna feel like a cheater now.” Cameron said.
“Yeah. Your right.”
Cameron soon opened up the door and soon I felt the liveliness of the party again fill around me. A classic old school jam ‘Real Love’ by Mary J. Blige blasted all around the house.

♫“We are lovers true and through
And though we made it through the storm
I really want you to realize
I really want to put you on
I've been searching for someone
To satisfy my every need
Won't you be my inspiration
Be the real love that I need…

Real love.
I'm searching for a real love.
Someone to set my heart free
Real love.
I'mmm searching for a real love”♪

This song truly spoke out for how I felt for Cameron. I just hope my Real Love won’t let me go.
“Sorry for bein gone for a while Cammy.” Renee said giving him a tight hug.
“It’s all cool Renee.” Cameron said.
“Oh! Kassidy, Romeo been lookin everywhere for you! He’s downstairs.”
I soon frowned. Great… back to Romeo. Just great.
“Oh.. Uhh. Thanks. Well I’ll be downstairs.”
“See you around the party Kassidy.” Cameron said.
As I was about to walk down the stairs, I saw Renee staring at me. It didn’t seem like she was staring at me angrily, or disappointingly, but either way… I didn’t like it.

Chapter 5

At the midst of the party around 9:30pm it was still jumpin’ and it seemed like even more people came over ever since I’ve been upstairs. ‘Family Affair’ by Mary J. Blige filled the speakers next and I was fuckin starvin’! Deahvian was nowhere to be found. She was probably off tryin to get her dancing on her wheelchair and Keyshia is probably still hiding away from me. I still couldn’t believe that gurl! And Rae was busy with her senior friends. All I wanted was to go home and not come back. After what happened a bit ago with me and Cameron I didn’t wanna be in his house. It reminded me to much of what was and what we can’t have anymore. It taunted me.
“What’s wrong Kassidy?” Romeo said wrappin his arms around me.
“Nothinn..” I lied
“Nahhh. C’mon tell me Ma. What’s wrong? I barely seen you all this time at the party and now that we chilled for a bit you don’t wanna tell me anything.”
“Its… it’s… it’s… nothing.”
“Kassidy… c’mon. Tell me.”
“I just wanna go home…”
“What? Why… did something happen?”
“No… I just… I just… wanna go home.”
“Are you sure that’s what you wanna do?”
I sighed. I hate that I’m treatin Romeo like this. He doesn’t deserve to be treated like this from me. When I first met him, I really, really, really like him and now… when I realized I still have the same amount of feelin’s I had for Cameron ever since I first met him, they ain’t gone. I had to get out of this house, it would only remind me of what happened before.
“I’m sure Romeo…”
“Well I’ma go say bye to Cameron first, then we will go. Okay babe?”
I gulped. I hate that he calls me that. I knew that I didn’t like Romeo anymore and I felt like… I felt like… I was cheatin’ on him. I HAD TO CONFESS TO HIM! I HAD TO! I couldn’t deal with this damn ass guilt I was havin. I had to break up with him now. I took a deep breath and soon spoke the dreaded words.
“Romeo… We need to talk.”
 “You wanna… talk?” He said raising an eyebrow.
“Yeah…”
“Well you can tell me now.”
“No Romeo… it has to be… in… in private.”
“Well we can go to his backyard. Not much people is out there.”
“Yeah, lets go there.”
On our way to the backyard, I started to feel even more sad. Romeo was about to get his heartbroken all because of me… But I had to face it sooner or later.
As we made our way through the traffic in Cameron’s house we finally made it to the dimmed lighted backyard. I never been to Cameron’s back yard. It was pretty nice. He had a small Jacuzzi, where about 10 people was in. He had a bbq grill which some people was usin and some other people sat around the gazebo. At least it was way less crowded out here than inside. We both soon sat down and my heart race accelerated. Was I really about to do this? Was I really about to break his heart? I guess I was…
“So what did you want to tell me?” Romeo asked.
I soon stared at him first. He was a really, really good looking guy. Just like Cameron. He looked good in his dark blue cuffed up shirt, with his cute haircut, black pants, and fancy shoes. I wish I did love Romeo, but that wasn’t what fate had in stores for me. I loved Cameron, and I don’t think there would be any way I would be in love with Romeo.
“Romeo… you’ve been such a good boyfriend. Really… you truly have been and I want to tell you I appreciate it so much.”
He did a light smile. “I will try to do anything for you Kassidy.”
“But there’s something I got to tell you.”
“What is it?”
As I was about to tell him I don’t want to be with him I felt violent poking behind my neck.
“Uhh… Kass, seems like you got some visitors.”
I quickly turned around and would you believe it… it was no other than… the sluttiest, think she’s all that, piece of shit… Julissa Edwards.
“Well, well, well… if it isn’t Kassidy Davis and this… this… this… really, really good lookin fella ova here.”
Blood soon started rushin throughout my body and I tightened up my fists. Man I cant wait till this bitch gets out of Corson High! I think everybody had enough of Julissa except for her dumb-ass groupies. “What the fuck do you what Juliss-ass!?”
“I want to know why the hell your at a senior party!”
I soon got up from my seat. It was on now. “FYI, Cameron invited me and my friends!”
“OH! So your bourgie-ass friends are here TOO!?”
She did not just fuckin’ say that! “Yes there here! Got a fuckin problem!?”
“The only problem I got is that you need to step. Cameron is just sorry for you.”
“HEY!” Romeo said getting up from his seat. I really hope he wasn’t goin to say anything wrong.
“You don’t fuckin talk to my girl like that okay!?”
“Oooh feisty. I like boys who’s hard and defensive. Why don’t you leave her and take me?”
“Why don’t you go fuck off somebody else and leave my girl alone!!?”
“You know what, I thought you was cute but forget it. Kassidy you have the worst taste in boys eveer!!!”
“What did she just say!?” Romeo said rollin up his sleeves.
“Romeo stop!!! I can do this.”
“But Kassidy I-”
“NO! I can do this!”
“B-”
“ROMEO!!!!! Lemme handle her.” I soon went up to her face to face. “Well if I have bad taste in boys.. What does that make you?”
A couple of people who was in the Jacuzzi and sittin down soon started crowding around us.
“Whatever… don’t hate me cause I’m more beautiful than you.”
“Julissa your so far from beauty, that it would take a lifetime for you to regain it back.”
“Ooooh!!!!” Went the immature crowd.
“Well you know what Kassidy… yo mama is so stupid that when she hears it’s chilly outside, she goes get a bowl.”
“OOOOH!!!!” Went the crowd.
Did she really? DID THIS HEFFA REALLY JUST DONE DID IT!!? I’M AFRAID SO! Who did this fugly ass bitch think she was? She ain’t trashin my mom!
“Julissa, yo mama jokes are sooo outdated just like your style!”
“OOOHH!!!”
“Well… I don’t care if its outdated! And speakin of outdated… yo mama is so old that when I told her to act her age, she died.”
“OOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!” Soon more people came crowding around from inside the house.
“KASSIDY LEMME HANDLE HER!” Romeo said getting mad.
“ROMEO STAND BACK!! You really wanna go there Julissa? Well then I got one for you. Yo mama is so poor, when I went to rob her house I went to the front door and immediately tripped out the back.”
“OOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!” The crowd went wild. Everybody was laughing.
“Why don’t go suck off a dick Kassidy, that’s probably the only fuckin thing your good at!” Julissa spatted at me. Shoving me.
“OOOOOH!!!!”
WHAT DID SHE SAY? WHAT DID SHE SAY!!!?
I quickly slapped her. “Why don’t you go back to workin as a prostitute Julissa, that’s the only job that helps you maintain your dumbass self!!!”
Everybody went even more wild and everybody from inside the house went crowding around us. “FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT!!”
Soon I heard ‘Girlfight’ by Brooke Valentine hit the stereos. Whoever put that tune on knew exactly what was about to be on!

♫“We bout to throw dem bows
We bout to swang dem thangs
We bout to throw dem bows
We bout to swang dem thangs

There she go talkin' her mess
All around town makin' me stress
I need to get this off my chest
And if her friend want some then she'll be next
It really ain't that complicated
Y'all walking round looking all frustrated
Want some plex come on let's make it
Ya acting real hard but I know ya fakin'

Know you really don't wanna step to dis
Really don't know why you talkin' shit
You 'bout to catch one right in the lip
It's about to be a what? Girlfight!” ♪

“What the fuck is goin on!!!!!?” Cameron said runnin out to the backyard with Renee.
“KASSIDY WHAT ARE YOU DOIN!!” D said wheelin ova.
“KASSIDY, LET IT GO!” Cameron yelled out.
“YOU WANNA FIGHT ME! DO YOU!!? HUH!!? DO YOU!!!?” Julissa yelled takin off her earrings, and her high heels.
“BRING IT BITCH! BRING IT!” I said takin off my earrings.
“GIRLS STOP THIS SHIT NOWW!!!” Cameron said.
“KASSIDY DON’T DO THIS!!” Romeo said tryin to pull me back.
“ROMEO LET FUCKIN GO OF ME!” I snatched his arm off of me and I soon slapped Julissa again.
“You bitch!!” She said. She soon started swinging hits at me and before I knew it everybody was yellin and Cameron and Romeo was pullin me away before I could punch her and Julissa was bein pulled away from Renee and some other girls.
“STOP IT!! STOP IT!!” Cameron yelled loudly ova the music.
Soon the music stopped pumpin thru the stereos.
“LET GO OF ME!!!!” I said struggling to get off of Romeo’s arms.
“Kassidy its not worth it!”
“SOMEBODY KICK JULISSA OUT!! NOW!” Cameron commanded.
“WHAT!! THAT MOTHERFUCKIN BITCH STARTED IT!!!” Julissa said tryin to wiggle herself free from two large boys dragging her out to the front door.
“GET OUT!” Cameron yelled once again.
“I’LL GET YOU BACK KASSIDY!!! I’LL GET YOUUUUUU!!!” Julissa yelled out.
Soon Romeo let me free and I soon started breathing in heavily through out my mouth. Adrenaline stilll pumped through out my body but I was glad that bitch Julissa was gone.
“Kassidy are you okay!!?” D and Keyshia said running up to me. Where the fuck did Keyshia finally come from!? Soon the crowd started fading away and went back inside the house as music filled the stereos again.
“I’m fine!! Where the hell you been!!?” I said to Keyshia.
“With Jose!”
I rolled my eyes. As much as Keyshia almost blew my cover early I didn’t care anymore. That wasn’t important.
“Kassidy! You could of gotten yourself hurt!” Romeo said giving me a tight hug. “I could of beat that dirty-ass girl for you! Who was she anyways!?”
“That’s my stupid fuckin ass ex Julissa. Her and Kass been havin beef for awhile.” Cameron said deeply.
“That’s some crazy shit.”
“I ain’t tryna deal wit her anymore! But she keeps tryin to start shit with Kassidy!”
“Well Kassidy did tell me she wants to go home.”
“Wait b-”
“I think that’s a good idea.” Cameron said interrupting me.
“Gurl… its already 10:30... We might as well leave anyways.” D said checkin her watch.
“I can drop all ya’ll home.” Romeo said.
“I’m sorry for all this Julissa problems Kassidy and Romeo. I didn’t mean to make her ruin ya’ll night at my party.” Cameron said.
I sighed. I was getting tired, this has been a long party and tomorrow is Rae’s graduation…. Graduation… GRADUATION!!! OMG! I FORGOT! RAE AND CAMERON IS GRADUATING TOMORROW AFTERNOON!!
“It’s cool Cam. I’ma be at your graduation with Kassidy and her family tomorrow.”
“That’s great! Soo I’ll see you then?”
“Yeah most definitely!”
Soon right on time, Raven came running over to me with Rashawn giving me a big hug.
“KASSIDY I HEARD YOU GOT IN A FIGHT!!!”
“Where the hell you been!?” I asked.
“With Rashawn but that’s not important! Why did you get into a fight!!!!?” Raven said shakin me consistently.
“Chill!!!” I yelled.
“Don’t worry Rae. It was just Julissa. She got kicked out. Everything is okay for now.” Cameron said.
She soon sighed a sigh of relief. “YOUR NEVA GOIN TO A PARTY WITH JULISSA IN IT EVA AGAIN!”
“Got that right! Tryin to get you ass killed… do you wanna end up in a wheelchair like me!!!?” D yelled.
“Chica, that was not cool. Not cool at all.” Keyshia added.
“YOU GUYS!!!!! I’M FINE! I’M FINE!!! I just wanna go home. Damn.”
“Okay babe, I’ma take you and your friend’s home.” Romeo said.
“You go on home Kass. I’ma stay here later tonight at the party with Rashawn and the other seniors.” Raven said.
“Okay see you later.” I said giving her a quick hug.
“Thanks for comin to my party Kass… It may not have ended well but it was good right?”
I managed to strain a smile on my face. “It actually was.”
“Ahh, there’s the smile I always love to see on you. And were cool right, about… what happened?” Cameron soon winked at me twice.
I knew exactly what he was talking about. Even though I wasn’t cool wit it, at least by tomorrow I will have one more last try to try and get him back.
“Were… were.. Were cool.” I managed to say.
“I’m glad to hear that Kass.” He soon gave me another warm hug.
“C’mon ya’ll lets get goin.” Romeo said.
“Will somebody help me get in the car?” D asked.
Keyshia laughed. “I will D.”
“C’mon Kass.” Romeo said waitin up for me.
“Well bye Cameron. See you tomorrow at… at your graduation.”
“Of course.” He said smiling brightly at me.
“See you Kass.” Renee said surprisingly.
“Uhh.. Um… bye.” I said following Romeo off to his car. As I was heading to his car I saw Renee staring off at me again. What the hell was that for? Did she know what I said to Cameron? Did she knew what we was doin? Once again, I didn’t know what that stare met but it still didn’t feel too good.

Chapter 6

Tha next morning was the one of the biggest mornings I was bound to face in my life! I swear that to ya’ll! Today was the day I was going to finally announce my true feelings for Cameron. It was a crazy idea to think about but I knew I was doing the right thing. If I never announce it to him, we probably would never be together again. I knew Cameron still loved me too, deep down I know he did. And as I said, I ain’t givin up with fight! Just like I almost beat Julissa’s ass.
I soon got up and checked the time on the clock it read: 9:00am. Rae’s graduation was only 4 hours away. I saw that Raven’s bed was made which meant she was up already. I quickly went to my closet to pick out some nice clothes to wear to the graduation. This wasn’t just an accomplishment day for sista Rae or for any of the other seniors. It was also my day. The day where I build up the courage to speak my heart out to Cameron… and the day I let Romeo go… I soon frowned. I felt bad for bein so mean to Romeo. He honestly doesn’t even deserve this shit from me. When I’ma break up with him, I promise to keep it real nice and hopefully he won’t take it the wrong way.
I picked out a long halter gown with abstract black and white floral decorations. I soon then picked out black strappy sandals to go with the gown and soon looked out my outfit. It was bangin! I knew I was goin to look hot this afternoon.
“Maneee I got good-ass taste.” I said to myself.
“Hahahaha yeah you do.” I heard a familiar voice said.
I quickly flipped around and would you believe it… IT WAS ROMEO!! WHAT THE HELL WAS ROMEO DOIN AT MY HOUSE!!? And how come nobody told me!!?
“ROMEO!!!??” I said shocked. I couldn’t believe he was here. This couldn’t be true!!!! This couldn’t be true!!!!
“Yeah it’s me Kassidy.” He said coming to give me a peck on the cheeks.
“Wh-wh-what you doin here!?”
“I wanted to surprise you. Your mom said I can go see you upstairs.”
I was in total fuckin’ shock. MY MOM WAS COOL WITH HAVIN A BOY IN MY ROOM!? I swear I think my real mom got abducted from aliens cause she would neva dare let this happen!
“Are you fuckin serious!?”
He laughed. “Yeah ma. So I see your pickin out your oufit for Rae’s graduation. I’m goin too.”
“YOU’RE WHAT!?”
“Didn’t you hear yesterday at the party? Cameron is expecting me to be there too.”
“Romeo… Cameron has over 50 friends and family who will be there for him.” I hope that didn’t sound too harsh but it was true! Romeo CAN’T GO!!! HE CAN’T! It would ruin my chances of getting Cameron back! This shit is getting fucked up every second now…
“Nahh I think he can have 51 people there for him today.” Romeo said jokingly.
“B-b-but how about Deniece!!?”
“Oh don’t worry, I have time for her. Now I got time for you. Speaking of Deniece, I’ma need to talk to you later on about something…”
“Huh? About what…?” I was confused. What did he want to talk about?
“Don’t worry about it Kass. It’s a surprise and I know its something you wanted long ago…”
“What you mean something I wanted long ago?”
“Don’t worry about it ma.”
I was confused and worried at the same time. If somebody wanted to talk to you about something later on, wouldn’t that be a bad thing?
“Uhhh umm… iight then?”
“So you ready to come downstairs? Yo mama is cookin some good-ass lookin food downstairs.”
Well that made me cheer up a bit. My mom’s cookin been increasingly getting betta and betta.
“Uhh can you meet me downstairs in a couple of minutes…? I gotta… uhh… brush my teeth and fix my hair.”
“iight, you go on make yaself pretty ma.” Romeo said.
“Yeah… I will…” Soon after he left I immediately closed my bedroom door and dialed Deahvian. I had some news to tell her.
“Hellooooooooo Miss Jones is on the line.” D said.
I rolled my eyes. This girl was seriously silly. “D, stop ya clownin I got major news!!!”
“OOOH GURL U KNOOO I LOVE GOSSIP! What’s da 911!?”
“Isn’t it the 411 D?”
“911, 411 I don’t give a shit! Just tell me the damn news gurl!”
“Romeo is over!”
“NO WAY!!!”
“YES WAY!”
“NO WAY!!!!”
“YES WAY!”
“NO WAY!!!!”
“D! Get the point!! Romeo is ova here!”
“Yo mama is layin’ down some easy ass stuff on you nowadays.”
“Yeah I know… it’s weird, but I’m startin to like it.”
“So why Is Romeo ova ya crib anyways?”
“He surprised me and said that he’s goin to be at the graduation.”
“Hold up… aren’t you like suppose to break up with him like… NOW!!?”
“D! I know, I know! But I don’t know if I can go through with it… I’m really scared.”
“GURL DON’T BE SCARED! JUST CHILL! If you wanna win Cam back you’re goin to have to dump Romeo’s ass.”
“Deahvian! I’m tryin! I’m really tryin!” I soon took a deep breath… I felt dumb, a whip, and foolish at the same time. Who am I to think I can win Cameron’s heart back when Romeo loves me? Even If I don’t love Romeo, it’s not only me I gotta think about. Cameron loves Renee and Renee loves Cameron. Who am I to tear them apart?
“Well u ain’t tryin hard enuf gurl!!!”
“D… I do love Cameron but how about if Cameron doesn’t love me anymore??”
“Well gurl, you really love him. So why can’t you just see what he gon’ say when u tell him so!?”
“You don’t think he knows after I… after I… after I…”
“AFTER WHAT GURL, AFTA WHAT!?”
I gulped. D was my best friend eva since in diapers. I shouldn’t feel shy to tell her what me and Cam did last night at his party. Took another deep breath and spilled the words to her.
“Cameron and I… we… we… made out…”
“Y’ALL WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!?”
“D!! CALM DOWN!”
“YA’LL KISSED!!!?”
“YES D!”
“YA’LL TOUCH!?”
“Well obviously, bu-”
“YA’LL WAS ON HIS BED!!?”
“D CAN I SPE-”
“I CANT BELIEVE YOU KASSIDY!!!
“D!!! Listen to me!!! Okay!? Things just lead to one another and… and… we just started kissing…”
“OH DAMN! THAT’S OD! You don’t think Renee will kill ya ass if she found out!!? EVEN WORSE, HOW ABOUT ROMEO!!?”
“D! Your makin me feel bad! But I’m serious now! I know I did wrong! I even… I even told Cameron I wanna lose my virginity to him.”
Soon D screamed in the phone and I swear I almost lost my hearing.
“AAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Would you shut the fuck up!!!?”
“KASSIDY DAVIS!!! YOUR IN BIG TROUBLE NOW!!”
“What, what, what!!!?”
“OH NOOO! You betta dump Romeo’s ass right now. RIGHT NOW!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT TO CAMERON!!!”
“Listen! Cameron said no anyways… well he didn’t really say no, he just said that it would technically be cheatin and I agreed with him so we didn’t I-”
“Kassidy you are so in love with Cameron that it ain’t even funny anymore. You betta wake up and smell the damn coffee cause your goin to have to dump Romeo now and tell Cameron how you truly feel! TODAY!”
“Bu-”
“TODAY!”
“B-”
“TODAY!”
“BUT D-”
“Listen I gotta go gurl… I’ma see you at Rae’s graduation. And you betta know I will tell Keyshia this!”
“Deahvian don’t you-”
“BYE GURL!” Soon I heard her line click off and I froze. Deahvian was right. She was right more than ever. I had to break it off with Romeo. Today and today was my last hope. Cameron was goin to go off to his basketball career and before you know it, he will have a million dollar contract, get his own mansion, his own cars and then get married to Renee, have kids and live happily ever after. That picture was definitely not clear if I wasn’t marrying Cameron and don’t call me crazy cause I’m just crazy in love.

Chapter 7

Around 11:30am I finished eating and I spent time with Romeo and Raven as she got ready early for her graduation this afternoon. She had to be at her school at 12 and I was helping her get ready.
“Should I put my hair up in a bun or should I curl it down?” Rae asked finished up her make-up.
“I can help put it in a bun for ya sis.” I said getting some decorative bobby pins.
“Thanks.”
“You should of came to my graduation Kass.” Romeo said.
“And whys that?” I replied fixin up Rae’s hair.
“Because you could of met Deniece and my friends. It didn’t feel right when I was graduating and I didn’t see you there.”
“Aww how sweet…” Raven said.
“Stop playin! And yeah… sorry that I couldn’t go. My mom was a monster back then.”
We all soon laughed.
“Man you guys… I can’t believe… I can’t believe… I’m graduating.”
“Aww Rae. You deserve it. You went through high school and you deserve it.”
“Yeah but… I’ma miss seein some of the people I knew from high school, I’ma miss seein you at school, I’ma miss my past teachers and… and just everybody.” Raven soon frowned.
“Aww Rae don’t feel sad. And don’t you dare cry ruining your make-up. Your to pretty for that. Look at you. Your gonna become a grown woman doin ya thang.” I said reassuringly.
“Yeah Kass but now Aniyah & Jazmine is goin to be in 10th grade once school reopens and that means there goin to Corson high and their goin to be annoyin the hell outta you.”
“You had to remind me of that…” I said. I knew Aniyah and Jazmine would be goin to 10th grade this year. At least I would only have to deal wit em’ for one year than I’m out myself!
“Sorry about that… but now you won’t be seein me around anymore and I’m just… I’m just… scared.”
“Scared of what?”
“Scared of… scared of college.”
“My older sister says College isn’t that hard.” Romeo mentioned.
“It isn’t?”
“Well maybe at first, but then she says you get used to it.”
“That’s not what my older bro Andrew said to me.” Raven said.
“Well don’t worry bout it Raven. Your goin to do just fine.” Romeo said coming to give her a tight hug.
“You’re the best guy friend I got Romeo. Thanks for bein here for me.”
“Hey! What about me?”
Raven soon laughed. “You’re the best sister ever Kass.”
I smiled. “That sounds a little bit betta now.”
Suddenly our mom popped into our bedroom dressed in a white dressy blouse a black floral skirt, and black high heels. Her hair was combed straight; she had on make-up and a coach bag.
“Your already ready before me!?” Raven said.
Mom laughed. “Well yes I am, but don’t worry. Kassidy will help you get all ready. I just need to go out for about an half an hour at the mall to get you a nice graduation gift.”
“Aww mom you don’t have to do that for me.”
“You deserve it Rae, it’s goin to be a surprise and your goin to love it!”
“Thanks mom.”
“Well I will see you at your graduation ceremony. And make sure you make yourself look nice Kassidy.”
“Well don’t worry about that mom and it seems like were goin to be color coordinated too.”
My mom soon eyed my dress and shoes laid out on the bed. “Hahaha well it seems like it. Y’all don’t be late for the graduation now. Bye now.”
“Bye Ms. Davis.” Romeo said.
“Bye mom!” Rae and I said.
“Your mom seems decent now Kass.” Romeo said laughing.
“Well she is now thank god. I couldn’t take that other shit from her. It was annoyin as hell. So how do you like your hair Rae?” Raven soon looked at herself in the mirror and she gasped jumpin up and down. Her hair was neatly pinned up with sparklingly decorative bobby pins. Her hair was shiny, smooth and neatly placed about.
She soon ran to me. “I LOVE IT KASS!!! I LOOK GORGEOUS!!!”
“Okay-yo-you-you-suff-suff-suffocating me…” I said tryin to push Raven away from her tight hug.
Romeo laughed.
“Oh sorry about that but it looks slammin! And it’s even goin to look more slammin in my blue graduation outfit. Time to put this on!”
“Well I think you should leave the room now Romeo.” I said to him.
He chuckled. “Yeah your right. Make sure u keep yourself lookin good Rae. I’ma be downstairs with your twin bros Kass.”
“Okay, will be done soon.” I quickly closed the door on him and let out a big sigh.
“What’s wrong?” Raven said putting on her graduation cap and gown.
“It’s Romeo… and Cameron…”
She sighed. “Spill the news sista.”
“Well… It’s just that… I’m afraid of breaking up with Romeo.”
“Gurl… I thought u love Cameron.”
“I DO! I REALLY DO! I even… I even… kissed him.”
Raven quickly flipped around to me. “You, WHAT!?”
“I kissed him…”
“How many times!?”
“Lets just say… it was at his party… in his room… on his bed… and-”
“I AIN’T NEED ANY MORE INFO! I can’t believe you would do that Romeo Kassidy!!!!!”
“I’M SORRY OKAY!!? I even asked Cameron that I wanted to lose my virginity with him!!!”
Raven soon gasped. “YOU FUCKIN WHAT!!!!!!!?”
“I told him I wanted to lose my virginity with him!”
“YOU WANTED TO HAVE SEX WITH CAMERON WILLIAMS WHEN HE’S WITH RENEE!!!?”
“Would u low your fuckin voice for a couple of minutes!? Damn! And yes… I wanted to, but we didn’t.”
Raven soon did a sigh of relief. “You almost made me slap you for a second! You gotta stop doin this shit with Romeo Kass!!! YOU GOT TO TELL HIM, YOU GOT TO TELL HIM!!!!” She started shakin’ me consistently.
“Would you like stop doin that to me!? It’s fuckin annoyin! And yeah I know… Deahvian told me the same damn thing.”
“If you really loved Cameron you would pour out your heart to him, you would tell Romeo you don’t love him and do what u fuckin gotta do!”
“RAVEN! I KNOW OKAY!!? Sheeshh, I know!”
“You want me to tell Romeo for you!?”
“HELL NO! Don’t do that! It’s my responsibility to do so, so I will tell him myself… I hope… I will… I can… I’ll try… I hope…”
Raven soon shook her head lightly in disappointment. “Well I just hope you do so.” Raven soon took one last glance at herself in the mirror and grabbed her bag and car keys.
“How do I look?”
“Like everybody else will at the graduation…”
“I’m serious Kassidy! Minus the graduation gown and cap. How do I look otherwise?”
“Good as always Rae.”
Rae smiled. “Today is my big day… well I’ll see you at 1:00 at graduation.”
I went up and gave her a warm hug. “Your going to be great up their Rae. I’ll see you soon.”
Raven smiled and hugged me back. “Just please know what your doin Kassidy. Don’t mess up yourself again. Know who you want and do what you gotta do.”
“Don’t worry, I ain’t gonna bail out.”
Raven soon opened the bedroom door. “iight well, see ya soon.” She called Romeo to come back upstairs and I sighed. I know I was doin the right thing. Right? You guys believe me right? I know I was! Cameron is who I love. Just watch… this afternoon I will get him back. And as for Romeo… I will break-up with him. I wont be happy about it but at the same time I will have some stress relieved from my shoulders. Once Romeo isn’t my boyfriend anymore I will be with Cameron. The person I should be with in the first place.
***************************************************
Around 12:50 we all started crowding inside of Romeo’s car. It was almost time for one of the biggest moments for Rae, Cam and my me. I don’t know how I’ma be able to get Cam bac and break-up with Romeo but I’ma to do it wether I like it or not.
“iight Kass your twin bros will sit the back with your twin sisters, you will sit in the passenger seat and you said your bro Andrew will take his own car?”
“Yeah that seems like everybody.”
“Can we just go already!!!?” Yelled Jazmine.
“Yeah, I wanna see how our new high school is going to look like!” Aniyah added.
“You two shut the hell up and keep an eye on Robert & Jordan.”
“Who says your the boss of us!?” Jazmine asked.
“Says me, cause I’m the oldest blood relation in this damn car not shut the hell up, we gonna be there in less than 10 minutes!”
“We want mommy!” Robert & Jordan yelled
“Mommy will be there. Don’t worry.”
Romeo started his car. “Man Kass, it must be hard livin with your family isn’t it?”
“It’s hard living with her!!!” Aniyah yelled.
“DON’T make me come back there and slap the black outta you cause I swear I will.”
Romeo laughed. “Chill out Kass. Were on our way.”
I quickly glared at Aniyah & Jazmine and they rolled there eyes. DAMN I just hope my senior year will be smooth as possible with them two bein there.
We soon hit the road and Romeo started driving to my school.
“Where is the graduation gonna be at?” He asked.
“It’s goin to be outside by the bleachers out by the field.” I said.
“Man Kass, I knew Rae for soo long. It’s goin to be sad not to be able to see her at her that much now that she’s goin to college.”
“Yeah I know…” I truly was goin to miss Raven and Cameron too… Especially Cameron. But I was goin to make sure that doesn’t happen cause Cameron is for me! I know he is! He just has to be.
“But it’s goin to be okay, oh and remember I have to talk to you a bit later durin graduation.”
“What you mean you gotta talk to me later?”
“Don’t you remember? I told you I wanted to talk to you later?”
I soon froze. Now I remember. Soon I gulped. What did he want to talk to me about? It didn’t sound like a good thing. I hope nuthin was wrong. I can’t take any more drama anymore. Shit was ruining my life.
“Um… okay.”
Romeo did a soft smile and I did a small smile back, even though I wasn’t truly happy.
5 minutes later, we finally arrived at Corson High. The parking lot was ultra filled with cars, dozens and dozens of people walking to the field and banners, ribbons and music filled about the place.
“Wowwwwwwwwwwww.” Aniyah went.
“THAT’S OUR HIGH SCHOOL!!? IT LOOKS BIG!” Jazmine added.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. Shut up and get ready to get out.”
“Hold up, I think I found a parking space.” Romeo said turning to a empty spot.
After parking, Romeo turned off his car and we all started getting out of the car.
“Aniyah, Jazmine you will take Robert & Jordan to sit at the bleachers. Here’s my cell phone. Call mommy and ask her where she’s sitting at and we will meet you there. Me & Romeo is goin to find Cameron.”
“Fine, but you owe us!” Aniyah said.
“Yeah! Your goin to help us around this school when we get here.”
I rolled my eyes. This twins were so fuckin annoying. “Damn okay, okay just go!”
They took Robert & Jordan’s hands and went walking to the bleachers.
“Where you think Cameron Is at?” Romeo said locking his car.
“He should be at the field. Graduation doesn’t start till 1:30 so we got some time.”
Romeo and I soon started walking to the field. The bleachers were full with over 200 people sitting down. Our field was big and the senior class of 2011 was at the edge of the field lined up chatting amongst each other.
“Oh I think I see Rae and Cam over there!” I said running over to them.
I quickly got over to them tapping Cameron on the shoulder.
“K-Kas-Kassidy!!” He said smiling brightly.
And man did Cameron look good in his cap and gown. His dimples shined at my eyes and he looked like he had a fresh shave on his face and he smelt of the same Drakkor Noir cologne I sprayed on him yesterday. He couldn’t look anymore gorgeous or fine.
“Congratulations Cam.”
He chuckled. “Thanks Kass. Waddup Ro!” Cam said slapping Romeo’s hand.
“Wassup man? Congratulations for makin it through too. We seniors of 2011!!” Romeo replied.
“Haha got that right. Thanks for coming here you guys.”
“It’s not a problem Cameron.”
He smiled back at me. “Well I’ma go talk to a couple of other people I’ll see you around the bleachers.” Cam said takin off.
“iight man! You wanna go take our seats now Kass?”
“Umm, can you go save me a seat? I’ma go see Rae.”
“Okay ma.” Romeo quickly kissed me on the cheek and left.
I frowned. I was going to break his heart when I pull him over to talk during the graduation. It was the best time to do it. I soon started heading over to Rae until I bumped into Renee.
“Oh my god I’m so sorry!” Renee said.
“It’s cool Renee.”
“Oh gosh! I didn’t even realize it was you I bumped into. I’m so glad you made it Kassidy!” She gave me a quick hug.
“Yeah but I was bound to make it anyways. Rae is graduating too. Remember?”
She laughed. “Oh yeah, my fault. I forgot. But still, what I meant was I really need to talk to you before its time for us to go to the middle of the field.”
Renee wanted to talk to me? What in the world would this girl gotta say to me? I was still half-mad at her for stealing my Cameron. “You wanna talk… to me?”
“Yeah, it’s really important.”
“But… Why?”
“It has to do with a certain somebody.”
I froze and wided my eyes. She found out… she found out… SHE FOUND OUT! SHE FOUND OUT!! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! She’s goin to yell and beat the crap outta me!
“I’mreallysorryfordoinganythingtoCameronwithoutyourpermissionanditwasjustsomeinnocentkissing

andijustwantedtosaythatimreallyreallyreallyreallysorryand-”
“Kassidy! Slow down. C’mere.” She grabbed my hand and took us to a private place behind the field.
“So what did you mean it has to do with a certain somebody? Is that certain somebody Cameron? Cause I didn’t do anything with him I swear!”
“KASSIDY! Hear me out for a second.”
I gulped. I was seriously trippin’. I can’t let Renee yell all over me about Cameron. I LOVE HIM! AND ALWAYS HAVE! I ain’t gonna be actin like a fuckin whimp now. It was time to get to the real deal.
“NO! You listen to me first Renee! I LOVE CAMERON okay!!!!!?” Tears soon started trembling down my eyes. My emotions soon exploded to her. “I LOVE HIM, I LOVE HIM, AND I LOVE HIM! You may love him, BUT I LOVE HIM MORE! OKAY!!!? I ADMIT IT! I EVEN BEEN TO THERAPY TO GET MY HEAD STRAIGHT ON WHO I LOVE. I DON’T LOVE ROMEO I LOVE CAMERON! CAMERON WILLIAMS! You can hate me for all the careless shit I give in the damn world! But I want Cameron back! I WANT HIM BACK!”
I soon started crying hysterically as quiet as possible so nobody will see me. Renee was the first person I exploded my feelings for Cameron on. I knew she probably was shocked as hell, but it was only way to relieve some stress off myself.
“Kassidy…” She said softly givin me a light hug. “This is exactly what I wanted to talk to you about. It’s not a big deal.”
I soon sniffled up. I was confused. NOT A BIG DEAL!? CAMERON IS HER BOYFRIEND, AND I’M STILL IN LOVE WITH HIM. HOW THE FUCK IS IT NOT A BIG-ASS DEAL!? “What you mean not a big deal! I just told you I love your boyfriend who was my first love! You should be yellin and beatin me up!”
“Kassidy… I don’t beat people up, nor yell at people. I TALK to people. And I need to tell you what’s on my mind about what you said.”
“I know exactly what your going to say!”
“No you don’t Kassidy, you didn’t even-”
“I KNOW WHAT YOUR GOIN TO SAY! Your goin to say I can’t have him back because you love him and that I should try to learn and love Romeo. AIN’T IT!? AIN’T IT!!?”
“Kassidy no! That is not it! Not even close to it. Just take a deep breath and listen to me for a few minutes. I don’t got much time.”
I gulped and wiped my wet face. What could she possibly else say? I don’t care. All I know for sure is that she will still be with Cameron and blow me off. I know if for sure!
“Kassidy… I broke up… I broke up with him.”
I froze. I swear I almost fainted for a second. She didn’t… SHE DID NOT! SHE REALLY DID NOT. SHE DID NOT! WHAT!!!!! OH MY GOD… oh my god, oh my god… WHY!? WHY!?
“WHAT!!!” I screamed.
“Ssshh.” She said. “I did Kassidy… I did.”
“B-b-b-but-I-I-I-I don’t get it… I mean like… b-b-but….WHY!?”
“Kassidy… I heard everything Cameron said to you in his room when you was in there during the party. Every single word.”
“OH RENEE! I’m sorry, I’m really sorry!!!” I said. Why the hell was I apologizing to her? I wanted Cameron back. I was suppose to be happy for myself now that he’s single again… but why am I not?
“Kassidy it’s fine. Cause you know why? Me and Cameron… we wasn’t working out. We really wasn’t.”
“But I don’t get it. Whenever I see you guys together you would kiss, hug, tease each other and other shit couples do together.”
“We was only like that in front of people so they won’t sense anything wrong between us. But when Cameron and I is alone, we would argue for hours and days and weeks… it was getting ridiculous. We was bound to break-up. So that’s why I cut it off yesterday after you left.”
Can ya’ll believe this!!? Cause I for one can’t believe one shit of this!!! I couldn’t believe Renee and Cameron been arguing with each other for so long… but I was dumb. Cameron would tell me he and Renee would argue. He even said he thinks of me more than her! Maybe they were bound to break-up.
“Oh my god… That’s crazy… But I still can’t believe it. You didn’t break up with Cameron just for me?”
“No Kassidy… I lost feelings for him. I don’t love him anymore. I don’t even think it was true love with Cameron. He would always think about you, he would always talk about you sayin what you guys would do and everything.” Renee stared deep into my eyes. “You have to believe me on this Kassidy… Cameron… loves you too… HE LOVES YOU. He loves you a lot!”
I soon started gasping. I was sooo shocked. So UNBELIEVABLY SHOCKED! My heart soon started beating quicker and I felt… I felt… rejoice… I felt like a miracle just happened, I felt overjoyed, delight, elated, pleased… and… and… in love. Highly in love. Overly in love… Cameron was the one for me. Truly the one for me.
“Cameron… Cameron loves me? He loves me a lot? He loves me? HE LOVES ME! HE LOVES ME!!!”
“Yes he does Kassidy; I really think he’s going to ask you out again.”
“He said that!?”
“He didn’t say that… but I have a feelin he would if you break up with Romeo… I know you don’t love him Kassidy. Ever since we all went on the double date… I saw it in your eyes Kassidy…”
“You what!!?”
Renee giggled. “I’m serious. Don’t be frontin’ now. You couldn’t keep your eyes off ya man. Which is Cameron. You kept lookin at him through the whole date.”
I blushed. It was the truth. I really couldn’t take my eyes off his gleaming self. “Guilty as charge…”
“Will the senior class of 2011 come up to the field! Graduation ceremony is beginning!” Principal Baxter said over the microphone. Soon I heard the crowd go wild, clapping their hands.
“Oh my gosh I gotta go!” Renee said running back to the field.
“WAIT!!” I yelled. I couldn’t let her leave without thanking her.
“What’s wrong?”
“Your not half bad Renee… thanks for everything.”
“It was nothing Kassidy. That’s just love.” She smiled at me and quickly ran back to the field.
I did a big sigh. Half of me was overly ecstatic about Cameron bein in love with me still and him being single now. But the other half of me was in fright. I had to break-up with Romeo… in a little while.
************************************************************
It was around 2:30p.m. The whole senior class was sitting down in the chairs in the middle of the field, as we all sat down on the white bleachers. Principal Baxter was making a welcome speech on graduating, achievement and all other school related shit. The schedule was to go as plan:

Prelude. . . . . . . . Music by school band
Welcome speech. . . . . . . . . . . Principal Baxter/ Vice Principal Richardson
Recite of pledge. . . . . . . . . . .  Senior Class of 2011
Opening Remarks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Class Presidents, Vice Presidents, Advisors, etc…
Valedictorian speech
Speeches from Class of 2011/Teachers
Interlude. . . . . . . . . . . . School band

Presentation of Diplomas. . . . . . . . . . . Senior Class of 2011
Closing Remarks. . . . . . . . . . . . . Principal Baxter/Vice Principal Richardson
Recessional. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (Poem/Closing Music)

It was going to be a long and a big-ass day too. I was sitting next to Romeo, Deahvian and Keyshia. I couldn’t take it anymore. Cameron loves me! Cameron loves me! I love Cameron, I love Cameron! I can’t let the love of my life see me still with Romeo. Cameron would probably think it was all a joke and give up on me. IT CAN’T HAPPEN!
“Oh look my daughter Rae!” My mom said taking pictures.
We was up to part 6 and Raven was giving a speech on her time here at Corson High.
“Further more…” Raven said finishing up her speech. “Corson High has been the greatest high-school I ever been to and now my sisters will be following on my footsteps. Aniyah & Jazmine who will be entering 10th grade and my sister Kassidy Davis who is currently attending this school will be in 12th grade. I wish them the best of luck but I wouldn’t need to worry about that cause I know they will do just fine, like I did here.”
Soon everybody clapped.
“THAT’S MY BABY! THAT’S MY BABY!!”
“Mom… relax!” I said.
“Yoo mama is crazy!” D said.
“Look who’s talking. Example A Ms. Crazy Jones.”
“Gurl, you know I invented crazy!!” D said shakin herself.
“More like you are crazy in the head!” Keyshia said.
I giggled. But I wasn’t in a happy mood. I whispered to D and Keysh.
“Yo you guys.” I whispered.
“Why you whisper-”
“Sssh!!” I said interrupting D.
“Don’t you tell me to-”
“Sssh! Would you lower your damn voice!”
“Why are we whispering?” Keyshia asked.
“I gotta tell ya’ll something. I don’t want Romeo to hear.
“What is it?” D asked.
“I think… I think… it’s time to break-up with Romeo.”
They both gasped. “Now!? Gurl your pickin the wrong time!” D said.
“What you mean the fuckin wrong time!? There not givin out the diplomas yet, the school band is playin. I will definitely be back in time!”
“You think your makin’ the right choice chica?” Keyshia asked.
“I know I am Keysh. I know I am.”
“Well good luck on makin him cry.” D said.
I shoved her playfully.
“Stop playin!” I went back to my regular voice and took a deep sigh. I was scared. I was really scared but I had to do this. For Cameron, for me, for love.
“Romeo, remember you said you wanna talk to me later?”
Romeo soon looked at me. “You wanna talk now?”
“Yeah… at least before they start givin out the diplomas.”
He did a soft sigh. “Well… are you sure?”
“I’m sure Romeo.”
“Okay, let’s go somewhere private.”
We both soon got up from the bleachers makin our way to the parking lot where nobody was at.
“So why don’t you tell me first what you gotta say… then I will tell you what I gotta say…” I said nervously.
“Well… Kassidy… I… I… This is really hard for me.”
“Whatever you gotta say, you can tell me. I won’t take it offensively.”
“The thing is… I know about you… and… and… Cameron.”
I froze. HE KNEW!!!? OH MY GOD HE KNEW!!? HOW, WHERE AND WHEN!!!? I couldn’t believe this shit either!
“YOU WHAT!!!? HOW!!?”
“Renee… told me.”
“RENEE TOLD YOU!!!!?”
“Yeah she did.”
I was angry, full of fuckin anger. HOW COULD SHE DO THIS TO ME!!!? I WAS THE ONE TO TELL CAMERON. NOT HER!!!
“Romeo… please don’t get mad! I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!!”
“Kassidy, Kassidy! It’s okay ma. It’s okay. I really don’t mind…”
“What!!!!?”
“Kassidy, this is what I wanted to tell you…”
I was confused. He didn’t mind that I sort of cheated on him!!? He didn’t mind that I went behind his back on him!!? He didn’t mind I kissed Cameron!!? He didn’t mind I never told him I love him!!? He didn’t mind any of this shit!? “I-I-I-I… I don’t get it… I really don’t get it. Why are you takin this so… so… easily?”
“Because Kassidy…” He gently took my hand. “I want you to be with Cameron.”
“You what!? Why!!?” Now I was really confused. Why the hell he want me to be with Cameron!? What was goin on!?
“The reason why I want you to be with Cameron is because I want to be with Deniece.”
I wided my eyes… He wasn’t breakin up with me because I love Cameron and not him… he was breakin up with me cause he loves Deniece too! But wait a minute… I thought he loved me!?
“But I thought you love me?”
“Kassidy… I do love you. But Deniece was my first love… like Cameron was yours. I still think about Deniece a lot… I’m more in love with her than I am with you.”
“So what kind of love are you in with me? I’m confused.”
“Kass… I’m in the same situation as you. I’ve been hangin with Deniece a lot lately… and I didn’t want to stop sayin I love you to you because I thought you would think I never liked you in the first place. I tried to keep my secret away from you just like you except I tried to keep showin you and telling you I love you when I really… wasn’t anymore. Listen I’m really sorry Kassidy.”
I froze. I couldn’t believe what I just heard… this had to be… the best news I heard all day. I was free… I was finally free to be with Cameron. Romeo would be back with his first love and I would be back with my first love. I couldn’t be any happier but I did feel sad that it didn’t work out with me and Romeo. But I know we would remain good friends.
“Romeo… I’m not mad… I’m not even that sad… I’m just glad you told me the truth.”
He smiled. “But don’t get me wrong… I did like what we had in the beginning. You really are cute girl Kassidy. But Cameron suits you. And Deniece suits me. I want to be there for my two sons… and I wanna be there for Deniece.”
“Romeo… your making the right choice. Since your going to have two sons it is best if you stay with Deniece. She would really appreciate that. I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT!”
He laughed. “I know… I know. So no hard feelins? Everything is understandable?”
“It couldn’t be any clearer.” I said smiling back.
“Thanks for understand Kass. We’ll always be friends… best friends.”
“I would love to be your best friend Romeo.”
We soon hugged each other tightly. I was finally happy that me and Romeo will still stay connected. Connected as best friends. He will have Deniece, but now… it’s time to get Cameron back. Where he should’ve been.

Chapter 8

It was 3:15 and graduation was about over which meant it was almost time for me to get Cameron back. Everybody finished their diplomas and it was finally time for the Principal’s closing remarks.
“Congratulations to seniors of 2011!!! Give it up!” Principal Baxter said.
Well all soon cheered and clapped our hands. I was really proud of Rae and Cameron. They really worked their asses off for school and now is goin to fulfill their goals. Rae will start to become a Fashion Designer and Cameron will be drafted into the NBA. I just know my life won’t be complete without him in it.
“I would like to thank all the teachers for teaching such wonderful students, I would like to thank the facility, vice principal Richardson for running a great school with me and overall I would like to thank senior class of 2011 for being one of the best senior classes we ever had!”
Everybody soon clapped.
“I’m soo proud of my baby.” Mom said shedding a tear.
“Mom you know you was proud of me to when I graduated from Corson High.” Andrew said.
“I really was, you all will make me so proud. I truly blessed.”
“Were going to make you even more prouder.” Aniyah said.
“Yeah, were goin to be valedictorians!” Jazmine added.
“Don’t even like Aniyah & Jazmine you guys wouldn’t win valedictorian in any life time.”
“Don’t hate… just appreciate…” Aniyah said.
I rolled my eyes. Why couldn’t they be around Robert & Jordan age instead of annoying 14 year olds?
“Maneee I can’t wait till were seniors! Seniors of 2012! Here we go!” D said.
“Couldn’t explain it any better chica!” Keyshia said high-fivin D.
“One of ya’ll are goin to have to help carry my books to every class… I’m still paralyzed from the waist down!”
“We know that D and don’t worry we got your back.” I said giving her a tight hug.
“Umm don’t put words I neva said in my mouth chica!” Keyshia said.
“OH! So you wont help a paraplegic girl out WON’T YOU!!?” D said.
Soon D and Keysh started arguing.
“Sssh! The principal is speaking!” My mom yelled.
“Now that the oath has been recited… would anybody else like to make a speech before the final poem is spoken? After the poem is spoken graduation will be over so please speak up now. Class of 2011 anybody?”
Nobody replied. I soon gulped… I started thinking of a crazy plan… a plan that would probably embarrass me but it was worth it.
“Any family members or friends from the bleachers would like to speak?”
Nobody else replied.
Soon what I thought I would never do… happened. It just happened my instinct.
“ME!”
Everybody turned around to face me gaspin and gosspin about.
“KASSIDY!?” My mom, Andrew, Romeo, Keyshia, Deahvian, and Aniyah & Jazmine said shocked in unison.
“Come down the stage Kassidy Davis!” Principal Baxter said.
Soon everybody started clapping.
“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOIN!!!?” D yelled.
“Chica what in the world are you getting into?”
“Leave her alone…” Romeo said sticking up for me. He winked at me.
I smiled at him, he knew exactly what I was about to do. “Thanks Romeo. I’m about to do what I was suppose to do all along. And I think doing it this way will be much better.”
“I’m confused…” My mom said.
“Watch her screw up…” Aniyah said.
“Just watch…” I said. I quickly went down the bleachers as over 200 people looked at me. They probably was suspecting me to say something about the whole senior class or some school related shit. But this was PERSONAL. As I went up the stage I was closer to the senior class and I saw Julissa and her friends whispering about me, I saw Cameron with a confused look on his face and Rae quickly went up to me as I got my way to the microphone.
“What are you doin!?”
“Rae… it’s about to get personal.”
“What the fuck!? Your goin to tell Cameron you want him back by telling ALL OF US!!?”
“Rae… I ain’t gonna be holdin’ up everybody any longer. Just let me do what I gotta do.”
“I hope your doin the right thing.” She quickly went back to her seat and I looked at the senior class. Cameron soon mouthed the words “What are you doin?” To me. I knew that’s what he say cause nobody knew what I was about to do except for Romeo I mouthed “Doing something for you” back at him and he raised an eyebrow.
I took a deep breath and looked at the whole audience.
“Anytime now Kassidy.” Principal Baxter said pointing to her watch.
“Sorry… but this is personal.” I took another deep breath… I never had stage fright, but I was just scared on how Cameron will take in what I was about to say. I gulped. Here goes nuthin’.
“The name is Kassidy Davis… as the senior class may know, I have dated one of the seniors before. His name is… Cameron Williams.”
I saw Julissa glare deeply at me, but I couldn’t give two shits. She was about to never get Cameron back after I’m done with this anyways.
“I’ve known Cameron ever since the beginning of junior year. When he first walked up to me in Mrs. Wilson class, I thought… damn that boy is fine.”
Some people in the audience laughed and I saw Julissa glare even harder at me. I know she was feelin the pain… and I loved it.
“He walked up to me and the first thing he said was ‘Ayy Sexy’. I thought… he was talking to me!? I couldn’t believe it… I really couldn’t. He invited me to the movies and I immediately said yes… But I felt my hope get knocked down quickly after. He said he had a girlfriend. She’s one of the seniors who’s graduating. Julissa Edwards.”
Soon all the seniors looked at Julissa who dipped down her seat in embarrassment. Cameron soon laughed and I smiled at him.
“So when I arrived at the movies… he was hugging her… kissing her… and everything. I was jealous. Really jealous. So I left early. The next day, I stayed home. It was for a personal reason… and Cameron came to my door. Right at my door. Wondering if I was okay. That really touched my heart. And I will never forget that day mainly because he broke up with Julissa and we planned our first date.”
Everybody soon laughed and pointed at Julissa.
“What you lookin at!?” Julissa said angrily.
“Our date was a basketball game one-on-one. As you all may know… Cameron Williams is the best basketball player here. Give it up!”
Soon everybody clapped and Cameron soon smiled brightly
“You know I do!” He yelled.
I laughed. “He obviously won instead of me. But that was okay… cause I wasn’t suspecting that. Anyways, he offered to take me home and I was surprised. I couldn’t believe he wanted to take me home… I knew that had to mean something. I was reluctant to let him but I decided to let him. After he dropped me home, I knew I had a major, major, major crush on him.”
“Awwwww” Everybody said. I soon blushed as Cameron smiled at me. I felt my heart melt automatically.
“The next at school I remember I wasn’t feelin well… and Cameron offered to take me the nurse. I really couldn’t believe he would even carry me all the way there… but he did. After taking me down the nurse said I had to go home… but I didn’t have anybody to pick me up. But Cameron came to the rescue. He gladly missed a period for me and took me home. That was one of the best things Cameron has ever done for me. But then… the moment… the biggest moment of my life has came…. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.”
Everybody clapped and Cameron smiled again at me.
“Is that your speech Kassidy?” The principal asked me.
“No.. not yet. I have a couple more things to say. This time it’s the most important one.”
“You have 5 more minutes…”
I gulped. I just hope I had enough time.
“Anyways…” I said continuing my speech. “Me and Cameron been happily in love with each other… until he broke up with me.” I soon started getting sentimental. This was the toughest part of the speech. “He broke up with me because… I was a liar… I lied to him about my home-life… and about everything else. He broke up with me because I wasn’t honest. But one good thing I appreciated a lot from Cameron was…” Soon I started crying. Tears fell down my eyes and Cameron frowned at me.
“He forgave me… he truly forgave me. And I really appreciated that. Not a lot of people would do that for a liar like me. Ever since he forgave me, we spent more… and more time together. Then it hit me… I found out… I was in love with Cameron still after the long months we broken up. I even dated a guy and I realized… I never loved him… I loved Cameron… and I’m not afraid to admit but Cameron…” I looked deep into his eyes and he looked deep into mine. “I love you… I love you still… so much. Just so much.” I soon cried even harder. “PLEASE COME BACK TO ME! I BROKE UP WITH ROMEO JUST PLEASE COME BACK TO ME…”
Soon everybody started talking and Cameron wided his eyes. Was he going to come up and take me back? I was so emotional. I was crying in front of everyone. He was still sitting on his seat. I even saw some of his friends push him to go to me… but he still wouldn’t budge. He was nervous… I could tell. But I was goin to help with that.
“There is a song I would like to dedicate to Cameron… Angel of Mine by Monica. I hope you understand how much I feel for you Cameron.”
Everybody soon gasped at what I was about to do. I took a deep breath and sung with my best voice the acapella version of Angel of Mine.

“When I first saw you I already knew…
There was something inside of you…
Something I thought that I would never find
Angel of mine.

I look at you, lookin' at me…
Now I know why they say the best things are freeeee…
I'm gonna love you boy you are so fineeee
Angel of Mine.

How you changed my world you'll never know..
I'm different now, you helped me grow.
You came into my life sent from above
When I lost all hope you showed me love
I'm checkin' for ya boy you're right on timeee
Angel of Mine…

Nothing means more to me than what we share…
No one in this whole world can ever compare…
Last night the way you moved is still on my minddd
Angel of Mine…

What you mean to me you'll never know…
Deep inside I need to show
You came into my life sent from above
When I lost all hope, you showed me love
I'm checkin' for ya, boy you're right on time
Angel of Mine…

I never knew I could feel each moment
As if it were newwwww
Every breath that I take, the love that we make
I only share it with you, you, you, you
When I first saw you I already knew…
There was something inside of youuuuu
Something I thought that I would never find
Angel of Mine.

You came into my life sent from aboveeee
When I lost all hope you showed me loveeee
I'm checkin' for ya, boy you're right on time
Angel of Mineeee

How you changed my world you'll never know
I'm different now, you helped me growwww

I look at you lookin' at me…
Now I know why they say the best things are freeeeee
I'm checkin' for ya, boy you're right on time
Angel of Mine…" ♪
I love you Cameron Williams.

Everybody soon got up from their seat and clapped loudly, cheerin me. I cried. I cried tears of joy… and I cried tears of love. Cameron quickly got up from his seat and came up to me giving me a tight hug swirling me around.
“THAT’S MY GIRL!!! THAT’S MY GIRL!!!! THAT’S MY GIRL KASSIDY!! RIGHT THERE!!!” D screamed over the loud applause.
“CAMERON AND KASSIDY, CAMERON AND KASSIDY!” Chanted Keyshia.
And soon everybody started following along.
“CAMERON AND KASSIDY, CAMERON AND KASSIDY, CAMERON AND KASSIDY, CAMERON AND KASSIDY!!”
“What an outstanding speech Ms. Davis.” The principal said to me.
“Kassidy… I can’t believe… I-I-I-I… I cant believe it.” Cameron said holding me tight to him.
“Well it’s true Cameron. I love you! I love you!”
He soon caressed my cheeks and tear dropped from his eye. “I love you more Kassidy.”
I soon wided my eyes. My heart rate soon went back to normal and It felt heavy full of love. I finally had Cameron back. I finally have him back. I FINALLY GOT HIM BACK! I HAVE HIM! I HAVE HIM!!!
“Ladies and gentleman…” The principal started. “It is now the end… GIVE IT UP FOR CLASS OF 2011!!!!
Soon the whole senior class got up from the seat and thrown their caps high in the air and everybody from the bleachers went to go to the field to congratulate them.
“Oh Cameron hunny!!!” A lady’s voice said. She was coming towards Cameron with a guy. Was this his parents?
“Mom… this is Kassidy.”
“Oh KASSIDY!!” She soon gave me a tight hug. “You were MARVELOUS!! I want you to be with my son forever!!!”
I smiled. That was something I can definitely do.
“Dad… meet Kassidy.”
“C’mere!” He soon gave me a tight hug as well.
“Were so glad to finally meet you!” His mom said.
“KASSIDY!!” My mom said running up to me with Keyshia who was wheeling D over, Romeo, Aniyah, Jazmine, Robert, Jordan, and Andrew.
“YOU WAS FABULOUS!!”
“Thanks mom!” I said giving her a hug.
“Hi I’m Ms. Davis. Kassidy’s mother.” My mom said shaking Cameron’s parents hands.
“Hey Kassidy…” Aniyah said to me.
“Yes brat rats?”
“Were glad your our sister.” They said in unison.
“C’mere you guys!” I said giving them a hug.
“Gurl! I’m your ROLE MODEL! I cant believe you can sanggggggg like that!!” D said.
“Chica, I’m just glad you and Cameron is finally back together.”
Cameron soon wrapped his arms around me.
“I’m glad too.” I said smiling at him.
“Kassidy… you’re the first girl to ever have done that for me… I really love you.”
“I love you too Cameron.” I said.
“Kassidy…” Romeo said.
I soon looked at him and smiled. “Yes best friend?”
We both soon laughed. “I’m glad you got your real man back. But I have to go back to my real girl back in the city.”
I quickly gave Romeo a hug. “You’re the one of the best Romeo. Please give me a call. And come visit.”
“Of course I will! I will never forget about you.”
“Thanks for keeping Kassidy happy when I was gone.” Cameron said slapping hands with Romeo.
“No problem man. I’m just glad y’all happy.”
“KASSIDY, KASSIDY, KASSIDY!!” Raven said running up to me giving me a tight hug.
“Congratz Rae!” I said.
“NO NO NO! CONGRATZ TO YOU AND CAMERON! I’m so happy for you girl!!!”
“AAAH!!” Rae, D, Keysh and I screamed in happiness.
“Raven… I got this for you.” My mom said handing Raven a diamond necklace.
She soon wided her eyes. “Is this… really… really… diamonds!!!?”
My mom soon nodded her head and they both did a tight warm hug.
“Mom I love it! Thank you so much! I love you mom!”
“I love you too Raven! I love you all!!”
“Hey this day is only for Raven. It’s for Kassidy too.” Andrew said.
I smiled at him.
“Picture time everybody! Picture time!!” Cameron’s mom said.
We soon all got together for a group picture. I posed with Cameron, Romeo, Aniyah, Jazmine, Robert, Jordan, Andrew, Raven, My mom, Cameron’s mom and dad and our picture was soon taken.
“Great! This will truly be memorable.” Cameron’s mom said.
“Hunny… you know what will make it more memorable?”
“What’s that?”
“Cameron would you give us the pleasure to take a picture of you and Kassidy taking a kiss?”
“Oooooooooohhh!! Do it Kass! Do it!” D yelled.
“Kiss him, kiss him, kiss him, kiss him…” Started Keyshia and soon everybody chanted along with her and looked at me and Cameron.
“Kassidy baby…” Cameron said gently taking my hand.
“Yes Cameron baby?”
“Can we start all over and have our first kiss again?” He said as our bodies was tightly together. His hands were around my waist, and I wrapped my hands around his neck.
“Yes Cameron! Yes!”
Then soon came the incredible, most picture perfect, wonderful, extravagant ending to any story, novel, or anything. The magnificent kiss. We soon kissed each other deeply on the lips and the fireworks were even higher and powerful this time. Our kiss was as magical as ever. He slid his tongue into my mouth and I did the same and our kiss was even more powerful. Soon a flash of light came towards us and our picture was taken.
“Lets go celebrate!!” Cameron’s dad said.
“I know the perfect place for us to go!” My mom said.
“Umm you guys can stop kissing now…” Keyshia said tapping me on the shoulder.
“Gurl! Would you listen to us!?”
“Leave them alone! They will meet us in the car!” Aniyah said my friends.
“Yeah lets move it paraplegic girl n ms. Spanish curls!” Jazmine said.
“Oh you done did it now! Get here Keyshia!”
Soon I heard them all left towards the car but I couldn’t care less. I was with my man enjoying our over 5 minute kiss and I was tired of it at all cause the fireworks kept on exploding.
“Well… if it isn’t two love birds…” I heard the familiar voice of Ms. Juliss-ass but I still kept on kissing Cameron. I wasn’t going to let go until I knew it was the right time.
“Didn’t YOU HERE ME BITCH I WAS TALKIN-” Soon I heard a punch and I quickly stopped kissing Cameron.
“What the hell-” I quickly saw who did it. It was Renee!!!
“Renee!?” Cameron and I said.
“You punched Julissa!!?” Cameron said shocked.
“What else could I do… she was going to ruin you lovebirds. Couldn’t let that happen.”
I smiled brightly at Renee. “Thanks Renee.”
“Anytime… You can take her now girls.” Renee said talking to Julissa’s possie.
“Finally you punched her… me and my girl was to damn scared to do a shit like that.” The girl said carrying Julissa over to the parking lot.
“Finally that bitch got punched. Amen to that!!” I said laughing along with Cameron and Renee.
“Well you guys have fun. See you around.” Renee said waving bye at us.
“Bye Renee!” We both said.
“So where was we?” Cameron said caressing my cheeks.
“I think we was kissing.”
“Oh now I remember.” He said chuckling, smiling off his cute dimples. And I loved when he did that. I loved it as much as I loved him.
And there it was again. Our magical kissing.

I have to say… I never thought I would have the perfect ending like this… but I did.
I was on such a bumpy road and on the wrong path in the past that I never thought I would get to where I was right here in the present. But It was ALL DAMN WORTH IT. Even though this wasn’t a fairytale I had to end it this way. It only seemed like the right way for me to do it since you guys won’t be reading from me anymore. Even though me and Cameron is inevitably to get into more problems in our future, one problem I know for sure was that we are never going to break up again. I have my mom who was nice to us again and forever… Even though she doesn’t have a husband I can tell she will have somebody… just like I found somebody for me at such a young age. I didn’t have my dad but I could tell he’s looking down at us from Heaven being proud of me and my sister. I had my other sisters Aniyah & Jazmine who was really annoying at times but I had to admit fun to be around with, I had my cute twin bros Robert & Jordan, who will the be last in the family to find love and a good friendship in high school. I had Rae who will be off to college. I can tell she will get into F.I.T. it was the best school for her and she was the best for it. I had my older bro Andrew. Who ultimately is a great role model for me and Rae. I will always love him as the only greatest older bro I ever had. I have my best friend Deahvian and my other friend Keyshia. D and I have had a fight before but were never breaking up our tight friendship. We been friends since kindergarten, and it will stay that way. Keysh has been my friend since 9th grade and will always stay my best high-school buddy. Our three B.F.F pact won’t get ruined. BY NOBODY. As for Marcus… forget about him… he’s the REAL monster of this story. And is LONG gone forever. Julissa? Same for her. She finally got punched ironically by Renee. Renee also will be one of my best friends. I may have hated her a lot but I learned to really know somebody before you go on and hate ‘em. If Ms. Juliss-ass wasn’t so mean we probably could have been friends as well. As for Romeo… it didn’t work out but were now always going to be best friends. I wish him the best with Deniece and his future two baby sons. I will always be there for him whenever he will need me. And now… for the moment you all been waitin for… Cameron and I? A dream come true. Cameron and I FOREVER, AND EVER AND EVER.
Cameron ♥ Kassidy
Living happily… ever… after in our own little paradise of love.

But then again… Who said life was easy?

~**THE END**~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 5K 53
𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴 🦋.
62.1K 1.2K 32
𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐊𝟑 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭...
382 10 8
This Story Includes Parts That Are Based On True Events. A Teenage Girl From South East London Living In An Abusive, Toxic, & Neglective Household Sl...
53.7K 1.8K 84
"You can't say stuff like that" I mumble, and he chuckles. "And why cant I?". "Because we're friends" I say, reminding both him and myself. I dont mi...