Stranger Things Imagines

By ObsidianLies

Just as the title says. If you have any requests, let me know and I'll get to them when I can. There's a lot... More

Favourite Song
Eddie's Graduation
Henderson!
Delayed Reaction
Comfortable
New Birthday
Finding Dart
Bad Swimmer
Crying In The Woods
Beach Day
Left Out
Haircut
The Freak Vs The Hair
Vol 2
1K!
I'll Cover You
Late
Welcome To Hellfire
'Business Trip'
Talking To The Dead
Rainy Day
Makeup
2K!
Grief
Roller Rink
Surprise!
Singing In The Shower
Heatwave
Break Up
3K!
Cheerleading
Tattoos And Buzzed Hair
5 Drunks and A Girl
Bait And Betrayal
Stockholm Syndrome
4K!
New Style
Chimes & Vines
D&D + Immortality
5K!
Promo Video
Love Language
Bad Haircut
Learning To Drive
6K!
Stray
Saving Dustin
A/N
7K!
A Night With The Mayfields
Weekend Away
Ring Code
8K!
Guilt
High As A Kite
Awkward Explanation
9K!
Embarrassing
Forgotten Song
10K!
Old Friend
Nightmare
New Employees
11K!
Mother Figure
12K!
13K!
New Book!
14K!
15K!
16K!
17K!
MADMAX
Reconnect
Failsafe
Intentions
Instincts

Recovery

350 3 1
By ObsidianLies

Spoilers for vol 2 ahead.

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly. Though I am sure that the last thing I saw was my best friend in the air. We planned for me to stay with Erica outside. Something didn't seem right though. I told Erica to stay where she was so I could check on Max and Lucas.

At first, I went to a different room on a lower floor because I had left Steve's bat there. Just as I picked it up, I heard creaking - though I ignored it thinking it was just the old floorboards. However, a moment later, I heard yelling. I bolted as fast as I could up the stairs. When I got there, I was shocked by what I saw. Jason had a gun pointed at Lucas.

"Put the gun down, Jason! This is all a big misunderstanding!" I took his attention away from Lucas.

"You're in on this too? Why am I not surprised that you're helping the freak?"

"You've got it all wrong." Lucas tried to help.

"Bullshit! Whatever you've done to her, stop it!"

"Jason, she's our best friend. We wouldn't hurt her!"

"You would if the devil told you to do it!"

Tired of his shit, Lucas charged at him and tackled him from behind. I jumped out of the way so that I didn't fall too. As the boys fought, I rushed over to Max and dropped to my knees beside her. Shit, she's in a trance is what I thought. This was too close.

"Max! Max, it's Y/N. I'm here, it's gonna be okay." I looked around for her Walkman - ready to pull the plug on the plan. When I finally caught sight of it, Jason crushed it under his feet. "No! That was the only way we could save her!"

I manically tried to piece it back together - but that's not how it works. Gripping onto the bat, I charged at Jason and hit the back of his leg in frustration. Despite drawing blood, he fought back. I got a few hits in before he shoved me to the ground - making whack my head as I fell. I groaned in pain as my vision became slightly blurred. The last thing I saw proved our failure.

"Max..." I said weakly as Vecna went for the kill - sending her into the air. Then everything went black.

I finally woke up about 15 minutes ago. Head still pounding, I wondered how long I was out for and where I could be. That's when a nurse walked in and explained that I had been in some kind of coma for a week. She shortly left to tell someone - at least that's what I assume.

I decided to close my eyes again and see if I could sleep away the headache. Fortunately, I fell asleep - for about 10 minutes. Though I can hear movement, I keep my eyes shut. That is until I recognise a voice. Slowly, I open my eyes to adjust to the light.

"Will?"

"Y/N." He smiles.

"Will! Oh my god. Boy, am I glad to see you." He comes to hug me - making sure not to hurt me.

"Are you okay?"

"I think so."

Will and I continue talking for a few minutes. He tells me everything about California and how they got here. Once I'm caught up, Dustin, Lucas, Mike and El come into the room.

"Y/N!" El runs over to me.

"El! I missed you. Will told me everything.

"What happened to you?" Mike asks, so I recount my memory - which Lucas confirms is true.

"And Max... He got Max. Vecna got her." I panic.

"She's in a coma." Dustin cuts me off.

"She died for over a minute but she came back." Lucas adds.

"What? How is that possible?"

"Nobody knows. They're saying it's some kind of miracle. They don't know if she'll wake up."

"Jesus." I mutter." We catch up a little more before I ask an unrelated question. "Who are the flowers from by the way?"

"Steve brought them in yesterday." Dustin answers and I smile to myself because Steve remembered my favourite flowers.

"We're gonna go check on Max - we'll come back before we leave." Lucas tells me before they leave - though Dustin stays.

"So, Dustin... How was the concert?"

"The most metal ever."

"I bet. Where is Eddie anyway? Doesn't wanna come see me? I mean I know we aren't that close but still." I joke.

"He, uh... He's in the hospital too." He looks down with tears in his eyes.

"Oh, Dustin... Come here." It hurts seeing him this way. "What happened?" I ask as he sits next to me and I put an arm around him.

"The bats tried to break into the trailer. He trapped himself in the upside down and sacrificed himself to buy more time. He was already bleeding out when I got to him and the bats disappeared. He's-"

"A hero." I finish his sentence.

"I thought he was a goner. He died in my arms - well I thought he did. Turns out he just passed out from blood loss. He's been awake since we got him here but he's been wavering a little. It might be because the bites are from demobats and nobody knows the side effects. They don't know what his future looks like." His hope seems almost gone as he leans into me.

"He's gonna be okay, Dusty. We all are. It's just gonna take some time."

Dustin is clearly exhausted from all the worrying he's been doing. It doesn't take long for us to fall asleep. Next thing it know, I'm being woken up by someone speaking louder than they should be.

"Henderson, we should- Y/N, you're awake. That's great." Steve smiles as he sees me. "Sorry, I've been with Eddie. He-"

"I know. Dustin told me." I interrupt him before we both look at Dustin and realise he's still asleep.

"How are you feeling?" He asks as he sits by my feet - putting a hand on my leg.

"Better than Max and Eddie by the sound of it."

"At least you're okay. The Sinclairs were so freaked. Erica called the ambulance. They knew you'd be fine but Max... We still don't know."

"She was the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness. Vecna had her in the air like when she went to see Billy. I thought it was too late - that she was done for. I guess we have to keep some hope."

We stay in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. Steve gently squeezes my leg for reassurance and runs his thumb back and forth in a comforting way. I hold Dustin close and rest my head on his.

"I wish I had a camera." Steve smiles softly.

"It would make a good photo." I agree sleepily as Steve gazes at us lovingly. "No."

"What?" He laughs.

"We aren't having 6 kids."

"Why not? What's wrong with 6?"

"I'm not even gonna answer that question." I look at him with wide eyes.

"Oh, come on. You guys looks so cute together." His voice gets higher as he tries to defend his fantasy whilst grinning like a fool. "You'd be a great mom."

"Maybe so - but not to 6."

"How many then?"

"Like 2."

"2?" He exclaims.

"Maybe 3 if you manage to convince me after the first 2. No more than that."

"I'll change your mind at some point."

"Good luck, Harrington." I chuckle - accidentally waking up Dustin.

"Hey, buddy." Steve greets him.

"Huh? Oh, hi." We just laugh at his groggy confusion.

"We should probably go." Steve tells him after looking at his watch.

"Oh, okay." Dustin rubs his eyes and stands up.

"We'll come by tomorrow." Steve promises as he leans down and kisses my forehead. "I'll bring Robin."

"You better." I smile wide. "Don't worry, Dustin. I'll keep an eye on Eddie."

"You're a patient too, remember." Steve chuckles and shakes his head.

"I'll probably be out tomorrow."

"You're crazy. See you tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you too. Oh, and Steve..." He turns to me. "Thanks for the flowers."

"Bye, Y/N." Dustin waves as he leaves.

Cut to 3am

I've been taking plenty of naps since Steve and Dustin left. So, I'm not surprised that I'm awake at 3am. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I peer into Max's room - noticing no change in her state. As I keep walking, I realise that Eddie is in the room next to me with our beds against the same part of the wall. Keeping my promise, I walk over to his bed as he stares at the ceiling humming to himself.

"Hey, hero." I whisper as I sit on the side of his bed.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?" Eddie also keeps quiet.

"Been in a coma for a week thanks to your buddy, Jason."

"Seriously? Did you at least get some hits in?"

"Yeah, even drew blood."

"Nice."

"Don't worry, he got split in half when the gates merged."

"No way, really?" I just nod and smile. "It's not all bad then."

"I just want to thank you for saving Dustin and, well, everyone."

"He told you?"

"Are you kidding? He cried to me about you dying in his arms and worrying you wouldn't recover. He worships you, dude."

"I love that kid."

"Yeah, well, he's coming back tomorrow with Steve and Robin. So, now you have something to look forward to."

"I need it. This place is boring and the food sucks."

"Speaking of which, you want something from the vending machines? Steve left me some money knowing I'd want a midnight snack."

"Definitely. I don't care what. Anything is better than the normal food."

I chuckle at his truthful comments before leaving. I blindly pick something for the both of us and head back. Eddie's face lights up as I hand the sugary snack to him.

"We should hang out more." I state as I remove the wrapper.

"Agreed. Cheers." He clinks our food before taking a bite and groaning at the taste.

"You just went to heaven, didn't you?" I chuckle.

"It's just so good."

"Sounds like your upside down concert was too."

"That was the best gig I'll ever get. The most metal concert in the history of the world."

"When we get back to normal, you're gonna have to play for me."

"Come to a Corroded Coffin gig then. We play every week."

"Alright, deal." I shake his hand before our conversation is interrupted by a nurse.

"Miss L/N, I'm going to have to ask you to go back to your bed."

"Alright, sorry."

"Where are they keeping you?" Eddie asks as I stand up.

"We share a wall. So, if you get bored, just knock."

"Will do. Goodnight, Y/N."

"Goodnight, Eddie. Try get some sleep." I smile once more before leaving the room.

I end up hearing him knock on the wall a few times over the next few hours - I knock back every time.

1 year later

It's been a year since myself, Eddie and Max ended up in the hospital. I left a couple of days after I woke up to see my friends. Eddie was let out a few weeks later. It took a few more months for Max to see the sun again - she still has to go back for regular check ups. Though she is still recovering, she's going to be fine. Being on the other side of the wall from Eddie was the start of what has become a strong friendship. We've both joked about how we've become the metal version of Steve and Robin. Though it may take a while longer, all of us are going to make full recoveries.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Earlier, I heard about what happened with Joe Quinn at comic con and it's disgusting how he was treated by staff. I feel so bad for him, but I'm glad the fans how shown their support and appreciation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 274 38
𝖨𝖭 𝖶𝖧𝖨𝖢𝖧: 𝖺 𝖻𝗈𝗒 𝗀𝗈𝖾𝗌 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇 𝗈𝗇𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝗍𝗋𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝖽𝗈 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀...
649 38 23
- "𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦." 𝑺𝒚𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒂 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 𝒙 𝑬𝒅𝒅𝒊�...
859 10 19
↳ ❝ 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐢 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐎𝐡 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐢 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞 ...
57.3K 1.1K 41
000/𝘠/𝘕 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘣. 𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘨𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘢𝘯 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘣 𝘨...