In The Fight To Survive (Gold...

By Local4Life

Weeks after Dumbledore was murdered by Severus Snape, the order show up in Private Drive to get Harry safe be... More

In The Fight to Survive (Golden Trio) [BOOK FOUR]
Birthday Haul
Never Surrender
Favour For A Friend
Becoming Harry Potter
Plethora Of Power
Linking Up
Bandage Bound
Beyond The Bouquet
Talking Harry Down
Molly's Tactics
Tetchy Teens
Accidental Reconcile
Risk Awareness
Where To Begin
What We Know
A Good Morning
Mikayla's ED Origin
Fading Away
Slow and Steady
Ginny's Gift
Gate Crasher
Dumbledore's Will
The Minister's Temper
Choices and Crushes
Meeting Mouthy Muriel
First Dance Song
Baiting Voldy
In Writing
Deeper Understandings
In The Dark
Fake Out
Break Free
Infiltrating The Ministry
Propaganda Pamphlets
Muggleborns On Trial
Surprise Visit
The Griffiths Family
Griphook's Revenge
Explosive Emotions
Shell Cottage
After The Clash
Morality Artistry
Cooking And Chains
Phoenix Preparations
Sundry Valley Skirmish
Freddie's Superpower
Faoladh
A White Winter
Echoes
The Carra Family Motto
Godric's Hollow
Alerts and Answers
The Serpent Under't
Prepping and Promises
Merry Mirth
Gifts For The Kids
Proposal and Presence
Ron's Timely Return
Ron VS Riddle
Reclaiming Control
The Nexus Resolve
Made For Mikayla
Here I Am
Monitoring Mikayla
Nott Penelope
The Breakdown Of The Order
The Crimes of Rodney O'Brien
Rodney's Sentence
Patronus and Pictures
Death Notices
Rascal, Romulus & Rapier
Come Back Home
Setting The Stage
A Fatal Accident
Sunroom Session
Blanger Danger
Advice & Lies
The Horcruxes To Hunt
Buying Time
Rest In Peace
Life Or Death
Dream Designs
Loving Looks
The Deathly Hallows
Desperation Disaster
The Most Powerful Piece
Couple's Questionnaire
A Splash Of Paint
Silver Linings
Privacy Boundaries
Thankfulness and Throwing Shapes
For You Are Mine At Last
Uncomfortable Realisations
Buried Secrets
The Canister's Key
The Mind Mystery
Afterlife Orders
Death Toll Grows
Jailbreak
Taboo
False Identities
Snatched
Malfoy Manor
The Puppeted Plan
The Prisoner of Malfoy Manor
Sanguis Purificator
The Free Elf
Big Brother Bill
Return of the Roberts
The Ginayla Kinship
The Ripplestone Way
Resolve and Reconcile
Picture Perfect
Polar Perceptions
Wand Law
Operation Evacuation
First Blood

Taken

43 2 1
By Local4Life

TW- There's A Whole Lot Of Violence In This Chapter. If you're squeamish, I'd suggest you skip over this chapter.

Mikayla was helped off the stage by Fred, who immediately brought her to the dance floor as the band began to play. Bill and Fleur were swaying along with the music, Arthur leading Apolline through a waltz, and Molly was dancing with François. The dance floor was quickly being filled with pairs, as the music filled the air. Mikayla couldn't take the smile off her face as she and Fred danced around, exchanging smiles and gentle pecks on the lips, completely lost in their very own world.

As the evening drew in, and moths began to swoop under the canopy, now lit with floating golden lanterns, the revelry became more and more uncontained. Mikayla was no longer dancing, but was anxiously watching as Ron picks up his plate and makes his way over to table where the last of the wedding cake was left. She wraps her arms around Fred, embracing him as he asks her if everything was okay. "I just want you to know that love you..." Mikayla whispered quietly as a chill runs down her spine making her shiver. "I know, Mia. And I love you more than anything in the world." Mikayla smiled raising her head as the lights begin to flicker, "I know."

The laughter begins to die down as people starting whispering about weak lighting charms, in the corner of her eyes Mikayla could see the Order members withdrawing their wands. She locked eyes with Hermione over Fred's shoulder, "go." Mikayla mouthed, and Hermione's eyes widened, quickly nodding and moving through the crowd towards the cake where Ron was as the music starts to become distorted. Mikayla and Fred pull apart and take out their own wands, when something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the dance floor.

Everyone's head turned towards the lynx, the astonished guest that had been dance moved away from it as the Patronus's mouth opened wide. "The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. Run. They are coming, they are coming." The lynx spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt. Everyone watched frozen as the silver cat disappeared, and silence spread outward in cold ripples from the place where the Patronus had landed.

Then somebody screamed sending the whole crowd into a panic. Guests were sprinting in all directions, most were Disapparating as the protective enchantments around the Burrow had broken. Black smoke came tumbling into the canopy from every direction, Mikayla and Fred immediately turning back to back and shooting of spells off in the direction of the gate crashers. "Ginny!" Mikayla heard Harry yell, she turned to see Remus block him and push him towards Hermione and Ron as curses were thrown around.

Once they had disapparated, Mikayla pushed Fred towards George and Angelina that were duelling multiple Death Eaters together, to make her an easier target. Fred looked back at her, tapping his heart to silently tell her that he loved her, knowing what was about to happen. Mikayla mimicked the gesture, before becoming locked in a battle with a masked Death Eater. She was not holding back as she threw around every curse that crossed her mind, she wanted to do as much damage as she could before she was taken.

Mikayla managed to curse multiple Death Eaters before she saw that Fergal and Bellatrix were fighting with Remus and Tonks. Mikayla rushed over to their aid, knowing full well what was about to happen, she threw up a shield charm protecting Remus and Tonks as she tackled Bellatrix to the ground. Slamming her crazy cousin's hand against the floor, holding her down by straddling her, making her drop her wand. After all, Bellatrix is by far the most lethal Death Eater there, she was throwing around killing curses willy-nilly, and needed to be taken out.

When Bellatrix realised who was on top of her, she smirked and let out a cackling laugh as she grabbed a fist full of Mikayla's hair. Overpowering Mikayla, Bellatrix slammed the blonde's head into the ground as she flipped them over, so that she was pinning Mikayla to the ground. Bellatrix ripped Mikayla's wand out of her hand threw it away, before she repeatedly slammed Mikayla's head against the floor, calling her foul names, and drawing blood from the base of her skull.

But Mikayla wasn't going to give up that easy, she wasn't just going to lay there and take the beating like she did years ago. "Pectuscogo." Mikayla spat as shoved her hand into Bellatrix's chest, causing her black haired woman to keel over, off of Mikayla, while clutching at her chest that was begin to compress. The blonde quickly summons her wand, pointing it at Bellatrix as the woman gasped for air, turning blue. "Stupefy." A red jet of light rendered Bellatrix unconscious and Mikayla removed the Compression Curse as she had no intent in killing anyone.

Mikayla slowly got back to her feet, noticing that Fergal was now lying frozen on ground, and that Remus and Tonks were now wrapped into a duel, along with Alice and Frank Longbottom, with Greyback, Yaxley and the Lestrange brothers. Mikayla gently swiped her fingers along the back of her head, her stomach twisting as she felt the gooey consistency of her own blood. Alecto and Amycus Carrow appeared in front of and behind Mikayla as the blonde had brought her hand in front of her face to inspect her own blood, as if to confirm that it was in fact blood coming out of her head.

Mikayla wobbled slightly as she was becoming dizzy, her wobble caused Amycus to hit his own sister with the Incarcerous Spell. Thin black cords appeared from thin air and bound tightly around Alecto, Mikayla quickly hit Amycus with the Jelly-Brain curse 'Gelatamens', which reduces the target's mental abilities and makes them so inebriated that they become incapable to cast a spell. Mikayla disarmed him for extra measure, but doing so released Alecto and she was incredibly pissed. Throwing a killing curse at Mikayla, which quickly deflected back at the cruel witch.

Alecto raised her wand once again to curse Mikayla was stopped by a voice behind the blonde, a voice that sent terror through her whole body. "Leave her." The snakelike voice ordered Alecto, who immediately turned and began duelling Ginny and Arthur, Mikayla slowly turned around, and became face to face to a still Voldemort. He was watching her, evaluating her body language to see what her next move was going to be, or maybe he was trying to infiltrate her mind. Mikayla's eyes scanned over his chalk-white pale skin, his gaunt almost skeletal face, snake-like slits for nostrils. His eyes were red and had cat-like slits for pupils, and he was yet to blink.

Mikayla's hand rested on one of the chairs that were littered around the almost completely destroyed canopy, as she shakingly pointed her wand at Voldemort, "Oppugno" Every chair raised from the floor and began flying towards the 'Darkest and Most Powerful Wizard of the Century'. Her actions brought a unnerving smile to Voldemort's face, as he put up a shield charm, which shattered every chair that came in contact with it. Mikayla felt the colour drain from her body at the sight, as a circle of splinters of wood surrounded Voldemort.

Mikayla felt herself wobble again, the pain in her head was growing and her vision was beginning to tunnel. The needles of wood began to rise, and rushing forward towards Mikayla. The blonde crumbled to her knees, letting out a earsplitting scream, causing every lantern in the canopy to explode, sending glass in every direction. Everyone turned to look at her, pausing their duels to witness the horrific scene as Mikayla threw her hands in front of her face and a shield engulfed her in a bubble. The wooden spikes that Voldemort had barrelling towards her disintegrated into dust as they tried to pierce through her shield.

Mikayla could hear people calling out to her, yelling and begging Voldemort to leave her alone, but as her own scream died in her throat, Mikayla fell forward, eyes rolling upwards before they fluttered shut. Her body was sprawled out on top of the pile of sawdust that had formed in front of her, and her head banged loudly against the corner of the dance floor, leaving a large gash in her forehead. Voldemort's sickening laugh filled the air as he ordered a retreat, and for Fergal to bring the girl.

The Order tried to stop them, going as far as to casting the Cruciatus Curse, they couldn't risk anything stronger as they could accident hit Mikayla. The back of her neck was already covered in blood, her hair was stuck to her skin because of it, and from where they were standing it was hard to tell if she was even alive or not. The Death Eater just laughed at their weak attempts to stop them, taunting the Order at their inability to successfully cast a simple unforgivable curse. Voldemort turned and became engulfed by black smoke, flying straight through the roof of the canopy and leading his Death Eaters away from the Burrow.

Some Death Eaters on the way out, took out the standing beams of the canopy, causing the infrastructure to collapse, and the Order just got out of the way in time to not be crushed. A handful more cackles filled the air, before they were all left staring at the ruin of the canopy, heartbroken and alone. Tears ran down all of their cheeks, Molly becoming an inconsolable mess as she realised that not only had Mikayla been taken, but Ron, Harry and Hermione were gone. They all just stood their weeping, the bodies that laid beneath the broken canopy were momentarily forgotten, as the Order mourned the fact that they weren't able to save the foursome from themselves.

The Order spent the night cleaning up the aftermath, sending letters to notify people of their family members death and the cause of it, putting up wards around the entire property and burying the bodies in the local cemetery without the Muggle's knowledge. It wasn't until the early hours of the morning, after the Delacour family left for France via a Portkey, did the Order head into the house. With a hoot, Selene alerted them all of her presence in the kitchen, turning their attention to the letter on the table that was placed under her foot.

'To The Order' was messily scribbled on the front of the envelope in Mikayla's very distinct handwriting. Bill accepted the letter and turned it over to see that Mikayla had written 'The outline of the Future, regarding me and you. Only open if you want to free the truth.' along the border of the seal flap. "For the love of Merlin, what does that even mean?" Charlie questioned, he was frustrated and tired, just like everyone else, and wasn't in the mood for some cryptic poetry. "She's giving us a choice..." Lee answered quietly as he stared at the letter, he's close enough to Mikayla that he knows how her mind works.

"A choice to what?" Brian asked clearly lost on what is going on, "to follow her or not..." Remus states, sounding completely sure that Mikayla was offering them an out. "So, you're saying that if we open it, we'll know everything that's going to happen and we're essentially agreeing to join her into fighting against whatever events she's outline in the letter..." Fred trails off to let George finish vocalising his thoughts aloud, "or we don't open it, stay oblivious of the future while knowing that we'll be leaving Mikayla to deal with whatever is in this letter alone." Remus nodded his head to confirm that the twins were correct about what he meant.

"So, there's no debate. We're opening it." Fred decided taking the letter off Bill, but Arthur quickly snatches it off his son. "No, we call a meeting. We have a vote, whoever doesn't want to be involved, doesn't have to be and won't be criticised for not wanting to follow Mikayla into the unknown." Arthur told his son, who looked insulted that his father was fighting against it. "But-" Ginny tried but was immediately cut off by Tonks, "Arthur is right. Mikayla said it herself, we have a choice in whether we want to follow her or not. She doesn't want us to risk our lives or sacrifice ourselves for her."

The group fell silent for a brief moment, looking at each other and silently agreeing to wait until they hold a full Order meeting. "Right, so every individual member of the Order will get to choose their own path, without judgement, agreed?" Remus asked the room, and everyone agreed. "For now, everyone get some rest. We'll call the meeting after breakfast." Molly announced, and no one argued against her. Most of them didn't even have the energy to get changed out of their dress robes, never mind get in a heated debate with mother hen, Molly Weasley.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 110 35
"We were so far into this war. It started with the Death of an innocent boy: Cedric Diggory. Then my mother, Cordelia Black. I don't know who's next...
77.8K 1.7K 34
"You insolent foolish girl! You're telling me that you can't follow directions for a simple damn potion and yet you are completely capable of cooking...
1.2K 84 17
Severus Snape x fem Harry (Hally) Potter He burns for her for all the wrong reasons, she obsesses and aches for him for all the right ones. Will thi...
65.7K 2.4K 35
"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲?" "𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐚𝐦." ---- 9¾ ⚯͛ ---- "What's your name?" "(Y...