๐‘บ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐‘ณ๐‘จ๐‘น โคถ ใ€Œ ๐‘ฒ๐‘ต๐’€ ๐‘ฟ...

By starrysnite

โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐™’๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š.. ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™–๐™ข ๐™„? โž โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-f... More

Intro !! Woohoo !!
Your Bitchass Woke Up Late
I Don't Think We're In Kansas Anymore..
WHAT THE HEL- Wait Nvm It's Only A Chipmunk
Exercising - Your Worst Enemy.
As Dumb As A Roc- Boulder.
Worst Cooks In Ameri- Japan
Mr. Fox Beats Your Ass
Cancelled Sabito On Twitter
Surprise Party
R.I.P., Tanjirou's Long Hair
Old Friend
How To Kick Balls: 101
Sleepover
Haganezuka With The 'Tude
Kazumi Worries For Your Bowels
In The Depths
a/n (not rly tho, just me complaining)
Fedora Fucker
That's A Lot Of Damage!
Disney Princess
Overdramatic
Enter: Boar Bitch
Eeny Meeny Miney Moe...
Sherlock Holmes
Knee Murderer
WikiHow: To Flip Off A Lower Moon
Hang In There! (Literally!)
The Hashira's Reenactment Of Judge Judy
You Threatened.. Muzan Kibutsuji?
Get That Away From Me!
Pathetic Attempt At Charades
Mission Impossible!
Girls Don't Fart
Six In The Morning
Wakey Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!
Resentment
Truths Revealed
You Screw Yourself Over
Haganezuka Throws A Tantrum
Au Revoir!
All Aboard!
Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite!
Trouble In Paradise
Eyes Opened
Let's Make A Deal
Reunited At Last
Traitor
Bitter Goodbyes
Zombie
A Father's Love
You Turn Into An Old Man
Zenitsu's Stomach Goes Through World War III
Awkward Conversations 101
Shenanigans But Make It Fancy
Getting Blackmailed By A Toddler! Whoopee!
Who Doesn't Love Getting Slammed Into Fourteen Walls?
Second Guessing
The Hardest Thing
Eli Having No Sense Of Direction
The Return of The Psychopathic Swordsmith
Revealing The Truth
Life Without You
Enter: Flamboyant Bitch
Mission Impossible-er
Flashy Lights
Inosuke Goes Through Puberty
Another Day, Another Blackmail
Meeting
Eli Gets Extremely Humbled
Dรฉjร  Vu๏ฟผ
Disoriented
Slandering Eli, Pt. 2719
im alive !! woo!! (a/n)
The Emergence
That One Britney Spears Song
Enter: The First Wife
Lucky Is She
Karma, Bitch!
Missing
At Long Last
His Perspective
After The Storm
Heart to Heart
Slipped Out
Room Arrest
The Great Ice Cream War - Chocolate Vs. Vanilla
Training Dummy
Not-So Sleeping Beauty
No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts
Into The Village
Mohawk Boy
Read The Room
You're Not Schizophrenic, Are You?
The Key
A Puny Crow Kicks Your Ass
Fucked Up Version Of Excalibur
Oh No, He's Hot!
Oogies!
Somebody, Fix The Wifi..
You're Single, Aren't You?
Hips Don't Lie!
In Which: You Drown Like The Titanic

Broken Record

1K 71 65
By starrysnite

hihihi! another chapter wooo!

exciting news for the future:)!!

instead of actually writing this chapter a few days earlier (whoopsies)

i have the next side mission all planned out! every single event that happens is all written down!

i'm getting ahead of myself, lmaoo.. i still need to finish the red light district arc but i'm just so excited for the next side mission pfft

the only hint i'm giving rn is this : island , and tons of lore 💪

anywayyyss, back to the red light district :D

WARNING : Swearing, Violence, Blood

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

You gasped lightly upon Tanjirou's entrance, to which you completely forgot about. You waved to him enthusiastically while chirping out, "Tannjirroouu!! Heelllllloooooo!!"

Everyone in the vicinity deadpanned at your lighthearted and upbeat greeting. Uzui then muttered under his breath, "This girl is the most moronic slayer I've ever met. She's more idiotic than I thought."

Eli clicked his tongue while he deadpanned, speaking in a monotone voice, "Can't believe I'm saying this, but for once, I agree with you.."

As Eli and Uzui were talking smack about you, it completely fell silent to your ears. You were too focused on Tanjirou's bloodied and shaking figure.

You furrowed your brows as your sudden upbeat attitude slowly deflated. He was most definitely not this beaten up in the original manga and anime, and you couldn't help but feel guilty for changing the storyline because of it.

Gyutaros voice finally snapped you out of your thoughts, "Some of your weak underlings just came, but there won't be a happy ending for you in the future, maaan. You're all gonna die, so don't go all sparkly eyes on me, maaan."

Uzui stepped forwards, a large smile plastered across his face as veins bulged from his hairline, "We will win. We are demon slayers."

Daki yelled out in a fit of rage, "NO, YOU CAN'T! THAT PILLAR, YOUR LAST RAY OF HOPE, WILL DIE FROM POISON!" Upon that, everybody but you and Eli whipped their heads towards Uzui in disbelief.

Uzui laughed out, his manic smile growing wider as more veins bulged out, "WE'LL WIN EASILY, YOU DAMN WEAKLINGS! DON'T LOOK DOWN ON HUMANS! THERE MAY BE POISON RUNNING THROUGH MY BODY, BUT I'M RUNNING HIGH!!"

He then jabbed a thumb towards you, "BESIDES, YOUR POISON IS SHITTY IF IT CAN'T AFFECT A MERE KANOE! WHAT A JOKE!"

He then gripped his swords tighter, "THESE SIX TEENS ARE MY PRIZED SUCCESSORS. THEY WON'T RUN AWAY, THEY'VE GOT GUTS!"

Inosuke pumped his fists in the air intensely as he cheered, "FUAHAHAHAH!! HELL YEAH!! YOU TELL 'EM!!" You let out a laugh, before joining in, "THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!! FUCK YEAH!!"

Sōta sweatdropped as he weakly pumped a fist into the air, "You idiots are provoking the demons..." He then slightly smiled as he playfully rolled his eyes, "..but.. yeaaahh!!"

Eli snickered, before placing his hands on his hips triumphantly, "FUCK YEAH! WE'RE GONNA BEAT YOUR ASSES SO HARD, YOU'RE GONNA WISH YOU NEVER CAME ACROSS OUR PATHS!!"

Uzui nodded, before continuing, "EVEN IF YOU CUT MY LIMBS OFF, I'LL COME BITING AT YOU! BESIDES, I'VE ALREADY FIGURED OUT HOW TO BEAT YOU GUYS!!"

As Uzui kept going, Tanjirou gazed into his eyes with a sense of nostalgia, "JUST CUT YOUR HEADS OFF AT THE SAME TIME!! YOU'LL BOTH DIE SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!"

Uzui's smile grew even wider than before as you stepped forwards beside him, "THIS HAS TO BE IT. I HAVE NO REASON TO SPLIT YOU GUYS APART AND TO TAKE THE WEAK LITTLE SISTER ALIVE!! HAAAAAAAAHH!! YOU GUYS ARE EASY!!"

Inosuke let out a cackle, "GUAAWHAHWHAH!! HOW SIMPLE!! OF COURSE, WE'RE GONNA WIN!! THERE'S NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!"

Sōta nodded, "Well, when you put it that way.. it sounds easier than I thought..!" Eli vigorously nodded his head, "Mhm.. mhm." He then looked up at the two demons, "You just got.."

He furrowed his brows, trailing off, "..fuck.. what's that one word in chess?!" You chimed in, pointing a finger at Gyutaro and Daki, "YOU JUST GOT CHECKMATED!! AHAHAH!!"

Eli yelled at you with an irk mark on his forehead, "(Y/N), WHAT THE HELL!? YOU JUST STOLE MY FUCKING THUNDER!!" You cackled, "HAHAH!! YOU FORGOT THE WORD, SO I FINISHED IT!! BESIDES, I EXECUTED IT MUCH BETTER THAN YOU COULD!!"

Before Eli could fire back at you, Gyutaro interrupted, "That 'simple' can't be done, because you demon slayers are dead, maaaan. As for pillars, we've ate numbers of them. I got fifteen, my sister's got seven."

Daki followed up with a cocky smile, "That's right! Nobody will be alive by sunrise. The long night will forever be our strongest ally!!"

With that, she sent an array of obi towards you, Tanjirou and Uzui, to which none of you expected. As the obi neared you, and as you prepared to get hit, a flash of yellow darted around the room like a pinball.

Zenitsu.

He then burst through the ceiling, taking Daki along with him.

You and Tanjirou yelled out in sync, "Zenitsu!"

Inosuke then pointed to himself and Sōta, "LEAVE MAGGOT GIRL TO ME, SLEEPYHEAD, AND MR. UPTIGHT! YOU GUYS GO GET MANTIS BOY!! GET IT!!"

An imaginary arrow impaled Sōta as he comically shouted, "WHAT THE HELL?! AM I MR. UPTIGHT?!" He gripped his hair in disbelief, "THERE'S NO WAY I'M UPTIGHT!! YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU'RE UPTIGHT— UWAAAH!!"

Inosuke began to pull him away, running to the fight with Daki and Zenitsu.

『✦』

Meanwhile, on a roof a few buildings away, both Zenitsu and Daki were having an intense standoff.

There was a slight chill in the wind as the cloud of dust that surrounded Zenitsu slowly disappeared into the air.

Zenitsu laid one hand on the sheathe of his nichirin blade, his eyes still closed as he looked down at the ground. It would've been badass if he still weren't dressed as a girl.

Daki finally landed on the rooftop as she put a hand down to soften her landing. She snapped her head upwards to face the culprit, only to find out it was Zenitsu.

She gritted her teeth, her fangs coming into view, "You..! From back then..! You're the ugly 'girl' who talked back to me..! How dare you!!"

Her white locks swayed with the gentle breeze as she stood there, awaiting an answer. However, all that she was met with was the sound of silence from the yellow haired boy.

Finally, after a few moments passed, Zenitsu spoke in a low tone, "..I have something I want to say to you.."

An irk mark appeared on Daki's forehead as she furrowed her brows, "W-What!? How dare you use that tone to me!! I'll have you know that I'm an Upper Moon—!"

Even though Daki was still talking, Zenitsu continued, "Apologize to the girl whose ear you pulled. It's unacceptable to what you did."

Daki widened her eyes in silence as he kept going, "Even though you provided them with food, shelter and clothing with the money you earned, that doesn't make them your property. That is just unforgivable, on all accounts."

Daki felt a wave of irritation run through her as she furrowed her brows and spat, "Don't give me that lame lecture. You think an ugly freak like yourself has the right to talk to me on equal ground?"

Daki clenched her fists, "In this town, women are commodities, just like objects. The owner can sell them, buy them, break them, do whatever they want to them. Freaks have no right to eat food. People who can't do anything will not be treated like humans."

Zenitsu let out a soft snore, "Don't do unto others what you don't want others to do unto you. It's as simple as that. You're just too stubborn to realize it."

Daki lowered her head, "That's wrong. You think you know everything about me? Don't pull that. You're absolutely wrong.."

She slowly started to raise her head as she spoke in a cold tone, "We're just returning the pain and suffering people did to us.. and collecting what they owe us. We have to pay our past misfortunes to those who are somehow fortunate, or we can't break even."

A cocky smirk grew on her once cold features as she raised her hand, showcasing her claws, "That's how we lived our lives. And we killed every single person who had a problem with that idea, man."

『✦』

Gyutaro mimicked Daki's smirk as he too, raised his hand with a smirk, "Just like you guys. So.. we'll claw out your windpipes, man. While your intestines are sprawled out on the rooftops, we'll take the girl, man."

You shuddered at his tone. But not for the obvious reason, of them wanting to take you. It was for his intense bloodlust, and how it made the atmosphere heavy.

There was no doubt about it, you were sure that everyone else around you could sense his immense amount bloodlust.

A part of you felt bad for him, even though he has killed countless innocent people, and that even now, he was trying to kill your friends.

You knew about his past, considering you re-read the manga many times. Bits and pieces are unfamiliar, because of how long it's been since you last read it, but you got the gist of it.

You also knew how traumatizing it was, but still, to go through that many traumatizing events to develop this immense amount of bloodlust was shocking.

You felt pity for him.

You knew you couldn't escape the inevitable showdown that was about to commence, but you at least wanted to try.

You slowly sheathed your sword, before taking a step forwards with your hands up beside your head, "Gyutaro, please don't do this.."

Even though it seemed pathetic to do in the back of your mind, if it had a slight chance to save countless injuries, you'd have to try. Besides, you've already affected the storyline enough, so what's the harm?

Behind you, you heard Uzui seethe at you, "(Y/N). Stop, now." Followed by Tanjirou whispering to you from afar, "(Y/N), stop it..!"

You ignored their urges, keeping eye contact with Gyutaro. He narrowed his eyes on you, so you kept going, "We don't have to fight. I know how you have an undeniable urge for blood, but please, don't do this."

You continued, "I.. I know your past must've been hard, if you even remember it. That's the cause of why you're this angry. But we can come to a compromise.. of some sorts, right?"

The atmosphere engulfed into silence, before Gyutaro spat in an irritated tone, "You don't know anything about me. Don't act like you do."

He then lunged towards you with his scythes drawn.

You cursed in the back of your mind. Of course it would turn out this way, besides, you couldn't even change the storyline in a good way, because you were useless.

You were deranged for thinking you could pull something this risky. And now, you were going to pay the price.

In a corner of your thoughts, part of you thought to yourself, 'Maybe.. just maybe.. I deserve this.'

'...'

'...right, (B/N)?'

'You wanted this. You wished for my death.'

'Maybe you'd be happy if I got captured. You despise me, after all.'

Tears pricked your eyes as you stood still helplessly, awaiting your doom.

Suddenly, Uzui dashed forwards, blocking the oncoming attack.

You felt a hand yank you backwards by the arm, and was met with a concerned Eli, "(Y/N), what the hell were you thinking!? You can't just do that..! You'll get yourself hurt!!"

You mumbled under your breath, low enough that he would be unable to hear you, "What if I deserve it, though?"

Eli gripped your shoulder, "What you'd say?" He then sighed, "Now is not the time, (Y/N)! Draw your damn sword!" You reluctantly drew your blade, before forcing a smirk, "Heh, sorry 'bout that."

You cursed to yourself silently, 'Shit! Because of me being weak, Uzui had to go out of his way to protect me..! I'm supposed to protect him..!'

Suddenly, Daki's obi rained down from above, forcing you, Eli and Tanjirou to slash the sashes.

Not long after, Daki's voice rung out, "AHAHAH!! I CAN SEE ALL YOUR MOVEMENTS.. BECAUSE NII-SAN IS AWAKE NOW!! THIS IS MY TRUE STRENGTH!"

It was followed by Inosuke's yelling, "GODDAMMIT, WOMAN!! STOP SPEAKING IN THAT ANNOYING, SHRILL VOICE!!" Finally, Sōta's voice echoed from above, "EXACTLY! WHAT'S WITH YOU AND SCREAMING!?"

A smirk slowly crept onto Gyutaros face, "Kukuku! That whole 'successor' thing was a lie, wasn't it? None of you kids have complete control over your movements, totally incompetent. Plus,"

He pointed a finger directly at you, "You girl, you're an idiot if you think I'd compromise. If that man hadn't ordered me to take you in alive, I'd kill you right here, right now."

Your eyes slowly widened.
Those words were too familiar.

They were so familiar, that it hurt.
It echoed through your ears like a broken record.

"You know, (Y/N). If that man hadn't ordered Akaza to bring you back alive, I would kill you right here, right now."

You remembered his same exact tone, and the hatred in his eyes as he stared at you.

You remembered how weak you felt, with the never ending river of tears falling from your eyes.

You remembered how heartbroken and betrayed you were, when you saw him smile when you had been on the brink of death — no — when you had died.

And that's when it hit you, right then and there.

You had never really gotten over (B/N).

You had forced yourself to push him into the back of your mind, and you had just carried the burden of him while trying to pretend everything was normal.

You convinced yourself that it wasn't a priority, and that you shouldn't waste your time grieving.

Instead, you forced yourself to move on too quickly.

A newfound feeling of bitterness and anger surged through your body. It made its way from your head, all the way down to your fingertips.

You sliced your hand with your sword, coating it in your own blood.

You then locked eyes with Gyutaro, before stepping forwards and speaking in a threatening tone, "You're gonna pay for what you just said."

﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤

Word Count : 2410

a little angsty whoops

see ya in the next update !!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855K 33.9K 59
๐ŸŽˆใ€Œ You led an ordinary life as a typical girl, deeply engrossed in the world of anime and manga, with a profound love for martial arts. Sadly, your...
5.9K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...
196K 6K 29
Y/n's family were attacked by a demon on the same day she was given birth. Her brothers and sisters were all slaughtered by the demon along with her...
3.4M 130K 59
โ•ฐโ‹ฏโžค [#๐Ÿท๐Ÿถ ๐™ต๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ต๐™ธ๐™ฒ๐šƒ๐™ธ๐™พ๐™ฝ | ๐™ฒ๐™พ๐™ผ๐™ฟ๐™ป๐™ด๐šƒ๐™ด๐™ณ ] โ๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐˜๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ต๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ. ๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐—ต๐˜‚๐˜€๐—ฏ๐—ฎ...