Romanowski and Rosemary

De KaiseyEliysian

SEQUEL to Rendezvous in the Romanowskian Empire. *Can't be read as a Standalone* "What the hell is Coretta H... Mais

Romanowski and Rosemary
1. Welcome back
2. The wretched writer
3. King of Cyprus
4. Fading essence
5. Fameophobia
6. The Priestess & the King
8. Warrior Dastan Ahmad
9. Plight of Aphrodite's favourite
10. Persephone in Hades
11. Prophetic dreams
12. Blind slave
13. Medisa and Althea
14. Discarded Jewels
15. The eye sellers
16. Hades of Earth
17. Mark of the damned
18. Sins of Remun Ra
19. Revenge of Chryseis
20. Dunkin' Donuts
21. Divine interpretation
22. Slave market
23. Althea Rosemary is it?
24. Dear mother
25. Frail childhood
26. A letter apart
27. Spring in Olympia
28. Love of little dove

7. 21st century spies

1.6K 100 154
De KaiseyEliysian

%turn21centAD%
+-Invoking item-+
Solicit #rohypnol#
%revert4centBCE%

"Bro..." Lorenzo swiped a trickle of sweat from his forehead as he gawked at the psychotic look on his crime partner's face. "There's no way you actually getting the Romanos Palace guards fucking roofied?"

Dunkin Welsh gave an evil laugh, inspecting the small packet of powder that had just arrived in Lorenzo's AI book. "Neither is it a date, nor is anyone getting abused so chill."

The Sun was slowly coming to its peak as the Egyptian heat beat down on the warriors in the Romanowskian palace.

Lorenzo grabbed his book, incredulous. "Do you reckon that it's a drug? A 21st-century drug! These 4th-century peeps are gonna die!"

But the priest-turned-warrior was indifferent.

"Inducing sleep and death are two different things, Lore." Dunkin hid the packet in the warrior attire he'd donned that matched Lorenzo's. "Dude, sometimes you underestimate my intelligence, don't you?" He raised a thick fake brow, which he'd attached over his real ones.

Coming out of the large trees by the training ground, he looked around to see the other warriors casually jogging, at whom he did a little salute. They hollered back in acknowledgement.

"My field of expertise has been the Study of ancient human physiology," he stated, walking near the training arena. "Which means I've worked on a gazillion genetic data from artefacts. One of them was determining Rohypnol compatibility with the ancient gene," he grinned. "My research was successful, FYI."

Lorenzo grumbled, remembering how his major at Raymond differed from his. Dunkin did this genetic study thing with Cheryl, which was quite interesting.

"You're really something, planning how to drug ancient peeps, right in your senior year, huh?" he muttered. Dunkin could be a psychopath, he concluded as he increased his distance from him.

"That's right. One should consider every possibility." He laughed. "It's amazing how the receptor gene of ancient humans acts very similar to ours. Just, the reaction rate time in their body is-"

"Now you're just rubbing it in the face, Donut." He scoffed.

"That's how I feel when you're explaining to me, for no apparent reason, about the swords you forged in the best underground forgery of Egypt."

"I must've killed you in the previous birth that you're out here, exacting revenge for every damn thing I speak." Lorenzo snorted.

"Just accept, I'm the comeback King."

"Donuts do-nuts when they go nuts. Best of luck, bro, for your mass drugging charade."

"And Loren sings crappy little lores when he's bored." Dunkin rolled his eyes. "Don't forget, you are helping me with my charade." The priest-turned warrior shot back with a smirk. Fartaxerxes stomped on the ground. So much for restoring friendship.

Slight wind blew about, which was all but humid and sweat-inducing. Lorenzo eyed his originally bald priest friend who now had a wig of dark long hair. The last Achaemenid war was coming closer, and to his terrible fate, Julian Romanowski remembered that the noob warrior had to visit his palace for proper training.

Joining him were some more warriors from Alexander's army, and that's how Dunkin camouflaged amongst them.

Not before giving a physical fitness test and paperwork which had Alexander's stamp that Dastan Ahmad aka Dunkin was a rough warrior in the left front infantry and needed polishing in his tactics.

Who knew priest Remun Ra was skilled in cavalry and sword fighting, thanks to the years of ancient men's training.

"For once, Cheryl did an amazing job, stealing Alexander's royal stamp." Dunkin sniggered. Lorenzo was proud of his clever girlfriend, who had handed him the stamp long before her semi-death.

He was also proud of his overconfident donut friend, who wasn't afraid that he'd be skinned alive if caught with the fake papers.

"The temple authorities allowed you one day leave?" He asked.

"I'm on a soulful meditation period." Dunkin covered his eyes at the unbearable heat, not used to it in his cool temple interiors. "Sort of an activity where you meditate alone in a secluded natural area."

He nodded, understanding a little. "So, I take it you're not batshit scared of the nightmare king anymore?" It was beyond him how Dunkin, with his chest puffed up, was roaming unbothered in the Romanos palace grounds, greeting warriors here and there.

"I still am. Batshit scared of that guy," he huffed. "But man, anything for Cors' book. Bestie is so damn soft-hearted that she isn't realising she gave away years, years of writings, just like that." His shoulders slumped.

"Besides, Julian's in Alexandria," he grinned. "We 21st-century spies will do our work and get the fuck outta here." He thumped Lorenzo's back and strode away.

The warrior, whose death had already been decided on the battlefield, looked on curiously as the new warrior leaned against the wall, chatting up one of the working women.

It was a small area right around the training ground where several wooden vessels were stored, probably quick drinks for warriors when they practised. Right now, some women were filling them up.

"Oh, no, it's just that we are... used to it," The working woman who looked Greek laughed shyly at the warrior's concern.

"But I bet these hands should be busy doing anything but lifting these vessels." Dastan Ahmad generously offered. "It's always an honour for a warrior to help a woman," he gave a charming smile. The young woman blushed furiously.

'Man, it feels so good to flirt after 5 damn years of celibacy.'

Lorenzo rolled his eyes at the message that arrived in his head. 'Nope man, truth is you forgot how to flirt. Smiling isn't flirting.'

Dunkin's face soured. 'Priests were told not to touch women, even with a ten-foot pole. I hope I'll improve with time.'

Now Lorenzo felt bad for him. The damned priest company. 'Tuck her hair back or something.' He suggested.

'Now, in that sense, I hate cheese, Loren.' Dunkin snorted.

"I think I have something for you," Dastan insisted and the innocent woman watched as he went near a small herb and plucked a few leaves.

"Do you have a mortar and pestle?" He asked, and she quickly bought it for him, curious about his actions.

"They actually heal blisters that are caused by lifting heavy vessels," he smiled as he crushed the herbs. And then, like a true gentleman, he spoke. "My apologies if I'm interfering with your wishes, but I just wanted to help," he motioned quietly at the young woman's blistered hands.

But she was already on cloud nine. Having no one show interest in her till now, this time, she wanted to do a happy little dance at the warrior's generosity.

'An advice, Loren. Instead of being touchy, just care for the girl and you got her.'

'I've already got my girl. You worry about yours.' Lorenzo replied dryly. 'Just complete your mission already. Woman looks like she received a marriage proposal.'

And that made Dunkin gulp when he saw the love-struck look on the vessel woman's face.

Sorry. I wanna find love in the 21st century, actually. He said to himself, delicately applying the herb paste to her hand.

Lorenzo watched from the distance as Dunkin asked the woman to rest at one corner, threw compliments to the other working women, like the warrior gentleman he was, and neared the vessels. Fartaxerxes scanned the surroundings - right, left, the ground and the sky, and gave his signal.

Dunkin found the vessels containing a greenish-coloured liquid, which was most probably herb water, and emptied the packet into each one of them. He couldn't obviously mix the drug in normal water as it gave off a light colour, which was better hidden in the herb water.

'Istg, if anyone dies and you change history...' Lorenzo warned, 'I'm gonna tell Aarmen and the department will execute you.'

'Pfft, no one's gon' die. And don't you dare tell Aarmen. He's gonna slice me in half even if my plan works and no one dies.'

Dunkin deliberately swirled the vessel a bit, lifted it over a small cart with wooden wheels, and rolled it to the designated warrior drinking area.

"My woman's been unhappy ever since the writer lady left the court." Senior warrior, Stravos said to his comrade as they walked into the training grounds. Lorenzo straightened his stance at the sight of the higher officials.

"Right mate, Phoebe's been really sad these days as well," Warrior Ashtor huffed. "What do you think of His Honour? Is he upset too?"

"He is. But I don't know if he's unhappy at the prospect of losing a good court writer or if he had a more personal relationship with her?" Stravos quirked a brow. "What do you think?"

Somewhere Ashtor knew about the king's feelings for the writer, but he knew better than to chatter about it to everyone. "Don't know anything about that, mate," he shrugged. "Wait, isn't that the new warrior from the left infantry?" He changed the subject as the senior warriors found Dastan Ahmad snooping near the drinks cart.

'Run, bitch, run!' Lorenzo screeched in Dunkin's head, but it was already late as the senior Romanowskian warriors surrounded the priest turned warrior.

"Already hogging over drinks before training?" Stravos growled, and Dunkin stopped dead midway, lifting the vessel onto the ground.

He exhaled a short breath, then turned to notice the senior warrior with long wild hair, built like a damn WWE wrestler. Stravos' face hardened, seeing the warrior was clearly Persian.

'Dastan Ahmad is a very Persian name. You could've chosen something else donut.' Fartaxerxes voiced out.

'Nah. Dastan is sexy. I'm thinking of changing Dunkin to Dastan. Yep.'

"Greetings to warrior Stravos," he gave a curt bow. "Just helping the working women cause one of them injured her hand." He offered politely.

'By the way, are you okay handling them alone?' Lorenzo messaged, looking at his friend from a distance.

'Yep, but come help me.'

'No.' He replied. He'd do anything but make his relation known with the psychotic warrior Dastan.

Stravos himself walked back to check on the woman. She was sitting in one corner, staring star-struck at her probably wounded hand.

He returned with the stance of a lion about to scare away the scavenger fox he assumed Dastan to be.

"Why don't you drink from it?" he crossed his arms. "I'm very vocal about my distrust of Persians. So if you could kindly drink it, to end my suspicions." He grinned, challenging him.

A cry of a seagull passed in the sky above them.

Lorenzo didn't know if he wanted to weep pathetically or laugh till he dropped dead, as the plan didn't even take one second to backfire.

'RIP bro RIP. And no, I won't be scrounging for Cors' AI book as you lay roofied at one corner.'

But Dunkin didn't reply. He raised one confused brow at the warrior Stravos and grinned inwardly.

If only Stravos knew that the 21st-century man, who was not only a time traveller, but a research scholar, was far more intelligent than him.

Dunkin poured himself a pint in one goblet that was offered to him and stared at Stravos.

"I will drink it. But what are the odds that you Greeks haven't added something to it for me?" He asked. "I just helped a woman and you suspect me of mixing stuff on my first day here." He exhaled.

Stravos' jaw ticked. "Swearing on my honour of being a warrior, we have added nothing to it." He declared. "You drink. We'll follow you right after."

Caught ya bish. Dunkin laughed wickedly to himself, then emptied the roofied herb water in one go, wiping at his mouth, his look clearly challenging the warrior ahead.

"Alright, see you around." He covered the vessel's lid and brushed his long wig aside. "Frankly, I don't care if you drink it or not. Drain it somewhere for all I care." He shrugged. "Just came here to train for the war we're going to fight together. Peace out, my friends." He gave them a brief salute, jogging away to talk with the other trainee warriors.

Ashtor removed the vessel's lid to take in a whiff of the liquid. Nothing. Just herb. Green herb water, which was like an energy drink.

What the poor 4th-century warrior didn't know was that the drug was odourless, tasteless and dissolved quickly when added.

"Mate, just try to be friendlier with the Persians." He sighed. "Don't forget, many of them have come forward to support Alexander and have given crucial information that'll help our spies immensely."

Stravos merely grunted, not before hearing Dastan talk cheerfully about how delicious Romanos herb water was.

'With your AI book, come to the 5th bush from the left, situated beyond the forest of the training ground.'

'The fuck are you up to, donut?!'

'Antidonut.'

With his AI book hidden, Fartaxerxes stumbled to the designated location, making small talks with the warriors along the way. It helped that Ashtor, who was the closest associate of the king of Romanos, was already on his friend's list.

"Man, I never knew Rohypnol had an antidote." He exclaimed as he dropped the book in front of his cross-legged friend. The foliage around helped to shield them.

Dunkin immediately typed in a code. Whatever he had ordered had such a weird scientific name that before Lorenzo could have a look at it, the thing arrived.

An injection.

"Holy-" His fingers went into his hair as he gawked at the very 21st-century item.

But Dunkin was far too focused to notice his hysterical friend. He removed the needle's cap, found a vein over his left arm, and injected it. Lorenzo winced at the sight.

"What type of secret doctor are yo-"

"Shh. Let me count." Dunkin stared unfazed at the needle embedded in the inside of his elbow. "Five, six, seven..." he whispered as the medicine entered his arm. At the count of fifteen, he injected the entire drug.

He flexed his fingers, feeling a minor numbness. But it was alright.

"I knew they'd ask me to drink it. So I planned accordingly," he grinned, removing the needle from the injection's plastic body. "As for how to dispose of this thing, I'll melt the plastic body easily in the fireplace. And this metallic needle..." He wrapped it up in a leaf and handed it to Lorenzo. "Melt it in your forgery."

Lorenzo blinked stupidly.

"Don't act so dumb now." Dunkin sighed. "I've already got Cors Maybelline eyeliner and the compass she ordered to dispose of."

The fake warrior sputtered into a laugh as he kept the little metal. "She ordered a compass? Weren't we taught to check directions based on the Sun's movement?"

"Dunno what was going on in her mind." He shook his head. "Anyway, now everything is almost set. Don't become chicken shit panic amid this mission is all I ask you. Okay?" He looked tiredly at Lorenzo, who was still astonished at his plans.

"And remember, the department didn't appoint a stupid bunch of high schoolers to time travel." Dunkin kept one assuring hand over his friend. "We are intelligent, top QLAT qualifiers, research scholars with a goddamn harsh training to survive in this world. Get it?"

"Yes." Lorenzo nodded, feeling his self-doubt evaporate. He remembered all too well the nights he endlessly worked on his research papers and in the training centre. He shouldn't be afraid. They were trained to be fearless.

The afternoon started with warm-ups (as if it wasn't already hot enough), and vigorous exercises, followed by solo combat training. Dunkin used his right hand more, for the numbness which was taking time to leave his left one. He could also feel the suspicious eyes of warrior Stravos on him. Probably checking if Dastan Ahmad was affected by the drink.

"Warrior Stravos! If you could show me how to use this axe. I've never wielded one." Dunkin purposely called him out, wiping at his sweat. Stravos walked up to him, wanting to chop his head with that very axe.

When the afternoon gradually came to an end, the warrior lay tired in a heap, breathing for their lives. Dunkin thought he couldn't breathe anymore, given the sudden physical exertion after many years.

"Everyone, have your drinks and get going already. It's quite disappointing to see the new warriors get tired so easily." Warrior Stravos tched. "You all would've died of exhaustion if His Honour was instructing you right now."

Lorenzo and Dunkin's heartbeat went into overdrive.

'Bro... I don't have a good feeling about getting away with Cors' book. You sure you can pull it?' Lorenzo asked nervously.

'Yes. No. Yes. I don't know, but I know.' Dunkin warbled out but was determined. 'We will get it. That's for sure. I've got a gut feeling.'

And then the previous panic was replaced by smug satisfaction as everyone drank the herb water voraciously.

Stravos drank two goblets.

Dunkin took sips for the antidote already working in his body. He let his warrior shirt drink the rest.

Lorenzo quietly asked for normal water instead, stating the herb water tasted awful.

"Alright, we'll start with duel combat now!" Stravos announced and everyone howled in acknowledgement.

The warriors were randomly paired, and each group presented their duel tactics as the senior Romanowskian warriors watched in criticism.

Fartaxerxes was thankful not to be paired with Dastan Ahmad.

His duel resulted in a draw as he sat breathing heavily in one corner of the training ground. The sky was turning to a dark orange hue, and soon, fire torches would light the palace. The wind had long stopped, causing an acrid humidity around.

Lorenzo's eyes popped out when it was Dunkin's turn.

For the priest didn't even give a defending chance to his partner, his sword slashing at an impressive speed. Ashtor's jaw hung open at the new Persian warrior's tactics. Even Stravos watched on with narrowed, curious eyes.

'Bitch you're fighting too well. Slack down!' Lorenzo facepalmed as he saw Dunkin pouring out all the sword-fighting skills he'd acquired in the 21st century. 'You're supposed to get trained here, not train others!'

'Oh right, thanks.'

And the next moment, Dastan Ahmad was knocked to the ground as he deliberately loosened his defence. Stravos barked a laugh, and Ashtor glared at his insensitive comrade.

"Dastan Ahmad, rough warrior from the left infantry," Stravos smirked as he gave a slow clap. "Surely rough there, but you've got the tactics. Make sure you breathe next time you fight in a duel." And everyone laughed out loud. Dunkin, breathing heavily, managed to give a generous smile.

Just 10 minutes more, he thought.

Duels after duels happened, and Dunkin discreetly noticed Stravos beginning to laze around. Confusion. Something that the drug had started to create. The warrior, not knowing what he wanted, went to the herb water vessel and chugged on another goblet, a slurred laugh escaping him.

'What if Stravos gets addicted to Rohypnol? Do we have de-addiction centres here?'

'Loren, just shut up if you don't know about the abc of these drugs in the first place.'

'But just look, dude's emptying the damn barrel.'

"I think everyone performed above average in these duels. Which means you're ready to improve," Ashtor announced but blinked rapidly, feeling as if his vision was getting blurred. He shook his head vigorously. "Alright, so now, famed Romanowskian warriors Stravos and Calix will show you a duel from which you can learn."

But everyone was already yawning.

While Stravos was busy pouring down the second goblet of roofied herb water down Calix's throat who had just entered the training ground.

"You gotta drink it, it's extra delicious today." He drooled. The blonde Greek warrior Calix grunted at his friend's unnatural behaviour, but drank anyway.

The two Romanowskian warriors came forward to demonstrate the first combat. The necessary tactics to use on a battlefield. Even when the drug had started getting to them, they fought fairly well. Dunkin stayed hawk-eyed, focussed throughout.

He bit his lip in anticipation as the lovely vessel woman continued to distribute the herb water to palace guards and servants.

Oh God, forgive me. For I am not harming them but simply putting them to a little sleep as I elope with Cors' book. He thought guiltily.

And then the effects started taking a full swing.

"Stop this shit! I want more... um... more of that... h-herb wata-h" A warrior howled amid the duel, and the rest eagerly nodded.

"Isn't it?!" Stravos dropped his sword, fighting midway. "I thought I was the only one!"

"Just complete the duel first," Calix growled, rubbing at his eyes, which had started to feel droopy. "Everyone into your seats now! Behave like a warrior. You're not invited for a fucking drinking session here!" He glared at his warrior comrade.

The Sun began to go down, and so did the warriors' strength.

"Didn't realise today's training would be so tiring." Ashtor yawned as he stood with Fartaxerxes, who was pretending to act weird like the rest.

"It's just something in the night air that's making us... like this," he added dramatically, and Ashtor nodded.

"Guess we should take some rest now," Stravos announced. He held his head, a certain heaviness enveloping him. "But only a brief rest. We've got one last training of forest combat at night."

"The outside warriors would be shown some guest rooms to rest in." Calix declared, and everyone began moving. Everyone wanted to sleep except the two 21st-century spies.

The AI chip was capable of detecting the AI book by forging a signal between each other. And this technology helped Dunkin to locate the coordinates of Coretta's book. The chip blinked thrice, confirming its direction.

'On the sixth floor, it's kept in a room, open. The AI chip couldn't detect any metallic chamber protecting it. Which means it'll be easier to grab.' Dunkin delivered the information to Lorenzo.

'I can also detect a person nearby. Someone's probably touching her book.' The fake warrior retorted.

'It's someone Julian appointed to have her book copied down. Cors told me.'

The 21st-century spies sat at two opposite corners of the large hall given for warriors resting. Everyone had almost gone to sleep the moment they entered the room.

Secretly communicating, they gave a slight nod and soon, Fartaxerxes, who knew the hallways and paths of the Romanowskian palace, stepped out. The badge of the Royal guard pinned over him, which he stole from a sleeping warrior nearby.

With a spear in his hand and a fake beard that would distinguish him from warrior Fartaxerxes, he continued to walk ahead, the necessary 21st-century weapons in his pocket. Some guards were still patrolling. Perhaps the drug was taking its time to kick in.

Just as he left the warrior encampment area of the palace to enter the royal residence, he almost stumbled upon hearing the roar of lions right next to him.

He gulped, watching the area separating the two parts of the palace. The area containing the two damn hungry lions.

Guys! I found a terrifyingly awesome thing about Julian today! Sweat began to cover him from head to toe when he remembered what Coretta told everyone on the group call one day.

So, he's got two realllyyy hungry lions down a veryyyy high roof. The culprits from serious crimes are pushed down the roof, right into the lion enclosure! Isn't that amazing?!

"Shit, shit, shit," he chanted, as he stood trembling in one corner.

'Fuck, Dunkin, I'm scared.'

'NO. You CAN'T! I just witnessed the guards loosen up. You can't mess up now!' Dunkin messaged, infuriated.

'Bro, you aren't aware of the shit Julian's culprits have to go through! Remember the court writer before Cors? Julian fucking had his body melting outta his bones cause he escaped with the royal court writer book!'

'Argh, fine! I'm ready to have my body melting cause guess what? I will already be dead and be chilling in the 21st cent when my body's fucking melting here!' Dunkin wanted to punch Lorenzo's scared face now. 'Just fuckin' go before they sober up!'

Witnessing Dunkin's serious side was quite rare, thought Lorenzo, as he quickened for the main area of the palace. He had been here before, during Jakov's wedding, so he knew the paths well. Hiding behind a bush, he noticed the guards drinking roofied herb water, with the way they had started to sway.

'Donut, you mixed the drug into a vessel or a damn huge tanker that everyone's drinking it.'

'There were 6 vessels, I added in all.'

He'd thought that Dunkin had made a fool of himself, but he was really like UNO reverse.

'K. Follow me. Choose the paths wherein the guards can actually see you and that Royal Romanowskian guard badge pinned on your chest.'

'Right away.'

Dastan Ahmad, donning an extra huge beard, walked with the spear he stole from a half-asleep guard and continued with his confident walk.

"Straighten up, mate. As a royal guard, it's indecent to loosen up during nighttime." He lectured two of the sniggering guards and they nodded, even though they were about to fall dead asleep.

He reached the lion's area, quivering a little. But he wouldn't, at any cost, plague his mind with the fact of what could happen to him if he got caught. Positive thoughts only.

The signal from Coretta's AI book began to become stronger as they entered the royal residence. Few women were sitting in a lovely little garden, laughing amongst themselves.

"Isn't it nice? That nagging Althea is gone from the palace!" One of them yelped.

"Of course, she was trying to bed Julian and look! Nice time her marriage came around, haha!"

"They bad-mouthing Cors…?" Lorenzo sighed.

"I feel so bad. It's difficult being a woman, bro. Salute to all women out there." Dunkin whispered.

They continued to march ahead, making sure not to walk together.

"Guardsman!"

Dunkin stopped dead in his tracks when one of the garden women called him.

"Damnit," he huffed before going near the garden, greeting them with a short bow. In the quick time he saw, they all were unbelievably gorgeous, enjoying and relaxing amongst each other. They looked like a part of the harem.

"Tell Thalia we've called for her." The woman flipped her hair, smirking at one of her friends. "It's time we talk to her about her beloved writer friend. She'd always hide behind her, wouldn't she?" And they cackled.

'Dude, who the heck is Thalia?'

'No idea mate, call Cors.'

He bowed again and left, undoubtedly getting a good chance to enter the palace.

'Hey, hey Cors, who is Thalia? And where can I find her? Btw we're onto the second phase of my mission rn.'

Coretta texted immediately.

'Oh gosh, are you okay? And why Thalia? Pls, don't drag the poor girl into all this. Pls, I request.'

'No, uh, lemme explain you.'

After a while when he understood about the said girl, he made his way to the floors above, deliberately asking the guards if they were sure that Thalia would be on the fifth floor.

He couldn't believe his luck as he entered the royal hallway. Just the floor above contained Coretta's book.

'Dude, I had detected a presence near Coretta's book. What if it's Julian going through her book?!'

This Lorenzo! Dunkin wanted to punch him for real. Threatening his self-confidence when he was so close to his goal.

'Then I'll just make him unconscious with the dart I have. It's an amazing chemical dart that acts on the central nervous system. Even if Julian's a werewolf, the dart will take him down.'

'Nah, he's a vampire and will tackle you with light's speed. Not before draining your body outta blood.'

'Just fuck off with your goddamned brain, Swarwoski!'

"Where are you going, mate?" Two guardsmen on the royal floor blocked Dunkin as they crossed their spears. The new warrior was careful not to show aggression. Perhaps only a select few were allowed on the royal floor.

"The mistresses in the garden have asked for Thalia." He kept his words short.

"We'll call her right away."

Soon the girl, who looked no less than twenty, meekly walked up to him. Her eyebrows scrunched at the towering warrior she never saw. But one look at the royal Romanowskian badge pinned to him made her trust him.

Dunkin realised now, why Coretta cared so much for her, almost like a baby sister. He knew what to inform her.

"My apologies, mistress," he gave her a short bow when they were away from the guards. She jolted at his suddenness.

"But the mistresses in the garden want to inquire you about the court writer lady." Hearing that Thalia's eyes widened and Dunkin felt awful when he saw the little tears in them.

"W- Why?" She uttered. "Why do they want to throw... salt on my wounds..." she whispered to herself. The glow from the Moon, falling on her from the screened window, made her look all the more sadder.

"I understand that it's not my place to speak, but I thought to inform you on the matter. So that you could be prepared to face them. The departure of the court writer has been saddening to all." He voiced out all the things that Coretta wanted to tell her little friend in the palace.

"Thank you," she bowed and hesitantly left for the garden. And he felt as if a rabbit was entering a lair of snakes.

'The heck are you lost, donut?!'

'Fourth floor.'

'Ok. Take a U-turn until you reach the very end of the floor to find two guardsmen. Just tell them that warrior Rakian is taking a rest at the encampment area. I'll meet you a few steps ahead of there.'

'Who the hell is Rai Raiian whatever-"

'RAKIAN. R-A-K-I-A-N. And don't ask me his history. Hurry!'

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

841K 24.7K 33
*COMPLETED* Annalise(Ann) had a simple life. A loving family, and a roof over her head. But when that is taken away, when the king and his men destro...
120K 3K 109
Jeon Jungkook and Lisa Manoban were deskmates throughout the whole six years of primary school. After being plagued by Lisa for the entirety of this...
244K 5.5K 43
Male Reader x Infinite Stratos As long as (Y/n) can remember he was nothing short of a genius too bad he was also lazy since he would do great things...
18.4K 1K 30
Mahira Rajvansh, the beloved daughter of the Royal Rajvansh family has a huge crush on a guy since she was only 12 years old. And let me tell you a s...