Heroes and Monsters - A Yugio...

By Gl1tch87

The year is 2007. Eight long years have passed since the adventures of Yugi Mutou and his friends. Now this s... More

The Beginning
Welcome to Duel Academy I
Welcome to Duel Academy II

The Next King of Games

2.5K 55 96
By Gl1tch87

[Kota's POV]

It was early in the morning, and I was asleep. I was in my room, at home, at Duelist Kingdom. Ever since that car crash that took my mom and dad away from me, I've been living here, adopted by the man I adored. But right now, I was having a very nice dream. I haven't really had much contact with kids my age, except during the Duelist Kingdom competition years ago along with Battle City for a time. I was allowed to "participate" just so I could have the chance to interact with other children. This dream of mine was different though. It was of this very pretty girl with crazy brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, and this smile that just hits me just right. This fantasy girl has been in my dreams for the past couple of months now and I wasn't complaining. Not a single bit.

Kota: *sleepily* "Oh yeah... Hello gorgeous~"

Something that I had been made aware of in my upbringing was the fact that I talk when I sleep. Really embarrassing quirk of mine. There would be days that I wake up to see some of the maids giggling amongst themselves when one of them would happen by my room or come in to wake me up. God, the things that I've said. Right now though was a nice moment. She was looking at me in a way that made me feel all warm and stuff. She grabbed my shirt and then...

Samantha: "Good morning, Master Kota!"

I was brought of my dreamworld, quite rudely, by the sound of that damned voice. It wasn't anything like a bad voice mind you, it was rather sweet to the ear, but this particular person would always find a way to wake me up whenever I didn't want to. Her name was Samantha. She's twenty-nine years old and started working for my father around the time of the Duelist Kingdom competition as my personal maid. She would help me get ready, make sure I was doing schoolwork, and wake me up in the mornings. I grumbled wanting to go back to sleep and see that pretty girl again. That was quickly dashed when the rays of the early morning sun hit me right in my eyes. I yelled in discomfort having been blinded while Samantha was standing by the window holding the curtain cord with an innocent smile.

Samantha: "It's time to wake up sleepyhead."

Kota: *yawns* "I know you're just doing your job... but damn you."

Samantha: "Watch your language, young man. It is unbecoming of a gentleman such as yourself."

I grumbled in an annoyed manner. She only giggled again at my attitude. I wasn't really all that much of a morning person. At least, not a morning person that likes to be woken up in the fashion that I have. I put my head back on my bed wanting to reenter the thralls of sleep not much caring for how my body was positioned. I just wanted to sleep. I was brought out of that by the smell of a heavenly aroma hitting my nostrils. I turned to see Samantha standing next to me holding a mug of coffee. I made the effort of propping myself into a sitting position on the bed so Samantha could give me the life-saving liquid. I take a sip of it already feeling the sleep leave my body.

Kota: "Thank you, Samantha."

Samantha: "Of course."

Kota: "Is there a reason I'm being woken up at the crack of dawn?"

Samantha: "Your father wanted you to be awake bright and early. He doesn't want you to be late for the entrance exams."

Kota: "That doesn't start until ten, and the time right now is..." *checks clock* "Good lord. It's not even six thirty yet."

Samantha: "Master Pegasus wanted you up to make sure that you have everything you need ready. That and he requested to have breakfast with you before you go."

Kota: "What's the schedule for today?"

Samantha: "Breakfast will be at seven where you and your father will hang out for a bit. Afterwards, you'll depart for your entrance exam by helicopter. You should arrive at the Kaiba Dome a little while before the exams begin."

Kota: *sips coffee* "Alright."

I get up from the bed still drinking my coffee. It's working its magic bringing me from the brink of sleep. I head into the walk-in dresser observing the various outfits I had in here. Some were for formal occasions whenever we would have guests or when we went to special events. Others were for when I wanted to go out to the city to avoid attention to myself. Some of them were missing since I had them packed for my time at the academy. I pulled out the suit that I was going to wear for the exams. It was something very nice so I can look presentable while not being too flashy. It was along the lines of a school uniform and a business suit rolled into one. What made it really nice was the rose red color scheme it had. I loved the color red. I set down my coffee getting out of my sleepwear so I can get changed. Samantha came in and helped me get ready by doing my hair. I was perfectly capable of doing it myself, but it was nice to have Samantha there to help.

Samantha: "You have some serious morning hair, you know that?"

Kota: "Well not all of us can have hair as perfect as yours, Samantha."

Samantha: *giggles* "What would you do without me?"

Kota: "Get some extra sleep most likely."

Samantha: "Oh ha-ha. Very funny, mister."

We both have a quick laugh at the joke. While she was getting my hair sorted out, I finished getting dressed. As my father would say, I was looking quite snazzy in this outfit. I grab my coffee mug and continue to drink that wonderful potion. I took one last look in the mirror to make sure that I looked good. I want to make a good impression, maybe even make some friends while I'm there. A good image always depends on one's first impression, or so I've been told. I was happy with how I looked and both me and Samantha leave my room. I grab my deck just over by the door before I leave. Can't go to Duel Academy with my dueling deck. That'd be embarrassing. After a few minutes of walking, we made it to the dining room. There Samantha bowed her head and left. Inside was Maxamillion Pegasus sitting at the head of the table with a comic book in hand. He was having a good time most likely because of a funny joke or scene he was reading.

Pegasus: *laughs* "Just WHERE do these guys get their ideas?"

Kota: "Good morning, Father."

Pegasus: "And a good morning to you too, Kota-boy! How did you sleep?"

Kota: "Oh, it was fine. Until Samantha came in and spoiled it."

Pegasus: *chuckles* "I'm sorry. I asked her to."

Kota: "Oh, don't worry. She told me."

Pegasus: "Well, now that you ARE awake. Let's have some breakfast!"

Kota: "Yes, please! Coffee is good, but I'm starving."

My dad snapped his fingers and the staff came in with breakfast. The carts were loaded with all of my favorites. Pancakes, waffles, eggs with different meats, and various fruits. I was honestly stunned at the feast that laid before us. We normally don't have breakfasts this extravagant. I tried to form a string of words, but nothing came out.

Pegasus: "I figured that since you'll be gone for school and all. I asked the kitchen staff to prepare all your favorites. Have whatever you like!"

Kota: "I... Thank you. All of you."

The staff smiled and bowed towards me. I've known most of them ever since I first came here all those years ago. They and my new dad really helped me adjust to my new life, especially Samantha. I saw her as the older sister that I've never had. I fondly remember one of our favorite things to do was duel each other. She would help me hone my skills whenever father was busy with work. All of them are like family to me and I am so grateful for their kindness. Me and my dad ate our breakfast eagerly as I had a bit of everything. After a very stuffing meal, we make our way to the estate's helipad. There sat a company chopper with Croquet standing by with a pilot's helmet in hand.

Croquet: "Your chopper is ready, Master Kota."

Kota: "Thank you for taking me there, Croquet. Have all my affects been loaded and shipped to Academy Island?"

Croquet: "While you and Master Pegasus were having breakfast, sir."

Kota: "Merci, Croquet."

Pegasus: "I have already contacted the Chancellor of the Academy. He's been made aware of your "special accommodations" and has informed the faculty of this as well."

Kota: "Great. One less headache to worry about."

Pegasus: "Are you sure you don't want to go under the Pegasus name? I'm sure it won't cause you any problems while you're there."

Kota: "Trust me. The last thing I need is to have a bunch of teenage girls finding out that I'm the son to Maxamillion Pegasus. No offense to you, but I still have that crazed fanbase over in Domino City. Hence why I have to go under my birth name. I don't want that kind of attention."

Pegasus: "But you'll still call me, right? You won't forget me?"

I turned around to see my father standing there. His eyes held sadness in them, and I couldn't blame him. He tried a lot to get me to reconsider going to Duel Academy and my wanting to be a professional duelist like I've wanted since I was a kid. I smiled and walked up to him. We both embraced each other in a big hug. I could feel my cry a bit into my shoulder.

Kota: "Of course I will, Dad. I love you."

Pegasus: "And I love you too, my boy."

We separated after a bit longer and just stood there smiling at one another. With a sigh, I turn back around and boarded the chopper. Croquet hopped into the pilot's seat starting up the aircraft. I looked out the window to see not just my father, but Samantha standing there as well. I waved to them as they waved back to me with smiles on our faces. The chopper ascended into the air and soon I was on my way. Away from Duelist Kingdom and off towards Domino City and the Duel Academy entrance exams.

Kota: 'At long last. I can finally keep my promise to the two of you. I hope I'm making you proud, Mom and Dad.'

The helicopter ride to Domino City would take me about two hours, so I decided to look over my deck and go over my strategies once more. I built this deck as a way to honor my new dad for taking me in as his own. When I saw his Toon monsters come to life during Duelist Kingdom. I just knew that I wanted to be like him even more. My deck reflects the real me as a person, and how deadly I can be as a duelist. I found the shenanigans of Dad's Toons to always be hilarious and my monsters are no exception. I pulled out the one card in my deck that was especially special to me.

Kota: "This is it, Relinquished. Time to carve our names into the world."

The illustration moved ever so slightly so it looked like the monster was staring at me. I could hear a soft trill in the back of my mind. This honestly didn't surprise me. Ever since I woke up from my coma when I was four, I have been able to see spirits. Well, Duel Monster spirits to be precise. The first one I ever saw was Relinquished. I thought it was a dream at first, or a side effect of the coma, but I quickly realized that wasn't the case. The two of us have become friends. I can still remember the time he thanked me for drawing him in the first place. He wouldn't be my friend, here by my side, if I didn't have that vivid idea pop into my head from way back when.

Croquet: "We're coming up at the Kaiba Dome, sir."

That caught me off guard a bit. I checked my watch, and to my surprise, almost two hours have passed since I left home. I picked up my deck putting it back into the deck box on my belt. The outside view offered me the Kaiba Dome in all its splendor with a few people down by the entrance setting up what appears to be a table. The chopper came to a land on the helipad nearby. I thanked Croquet for bringing me here and he gave me a smile AND a thumbs up. Two things that he rarely does either of. I make my way over to the entrance with the sight of the chopper flying away in the sky and three people by the doors. There at a table were two women dressed in gold and white uniforms consistent with the designs of Duel Academy faculty. The third was a man with styled black hair wearing a black business tux and shades.

(A/N: I will list their names in the conversation. It'll go from right to left.)

Kota: "Hello there~!"

Shades: "Good morning."

Kota: "May I have the honor of knowing your names?"

Steve: "The name's Steve."

Rebecca: "Oh my! How gentlemanly of you. You may call me Rebecca."

Hoshino: "I'm Hoshino. A pleasure."

Kota: "Well, I am Kota Izinski. I assume that this is the location of the Duel Academy entrance exams, yes?"

Rebecca: "Yes, this is the place. You said your name was... Izinski was it?"

Kota: "Yes indeedy~!"

Hoshino: "Let me check the roster..." *flips through clipboards* "Ah, here you are! Kota Izinski. We've got you checked in."

Kota: "Sweet!"

Steve: "Please note that you actually are here a little early, so you won't duel right away."

Kota: "That's okay. I don't mind. In fact, I was going to ask if I could have my duel later in the day."

Rebecca: "Later in the day? Any particular reason?"

Kota: "I want to enjoy the other duels happen. That and I want everyone to see my duel as the FINAL duel of the exams. I'm kinda a showoff that way."

Steve: "I guess I could ask to see if that's acceptable. Not making any guarantees though."

Kota: "Eh, again, I don't mind. I just want to show off my monsters. We love to put on a good show."

Rebecca/Hoshino: "Well, good luck!"

I wave at them before going through the doors. They opened up to a large meeting area before more doors lead out to the dueling field area. I went through those doors to meet a mostly empty room. There were about near a dozen adults down by the seats near the arena floor. There were others here as well in school uniforms sitting at the top of the seats or on the second floor viewing area. Everything seemed to be pretty alright when the footsteps of another caught my ear. I turned around to see a boy about my age with combed, spikey grey hair, grey eyes, and wearing a white high school uniform. A duel disk was strapped to his arm much like mine.

Boy: "You must be the one who those ladies were talking about outside."

Kota: "They were talking about me? I hope nothing too bad."

Bastion: "On the contrary, actually. I'm Bastion. Bastion Misawa."

Kota: "Kota Izinski. A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Bastion: "Charmed. Seems as though we are the first to arrive."

Kota: "Indeed. Shall we sit down and wait for the other applicants to show? Better than just standing around making our feet sore."

Bastion: "Agreed."

The two of us picked out some random seats in the stands and started just making a string on conversation. Fun fact I learned while talking with him was that we were the top two highest ranking applicants on the written exam, with me taking the número uno spot. I mean, I'm the adopted son of the game's creator. You'd think that I'd at LEAST pick up one or two things about its mechanics. What was really nice was that we seemed to have hit it off quite well. I made my first friend. Other people began to arrive filling up the available seats. Soon the exams were gonna start.

Kota: 'I wonder... What kind of people are gonna show up today?'

----- Elsewhere in the City -----

[3rd POV]

While Kota and Bastion were talking amongst themselves, and other duelists were arriving at the Kaiba Dome, something else was going on. All the way across town, a seventeen-year-old girl was running through the streets of Domino City. She had crazy brown hair, chocolate brown eyes, and was wearing a black jacket and pants with a red shirt and a pair of red shoes. That girl was none other than Judy Yuki.

Judy: "Alright! I got my deck, I got my gear, and I got about two minutes before the Duel Academy entrance exams start." *laughs* "Oh, well! At least since I'm not a student yet, they can't through me in detention for being late!"

Judy was bobbing and weaving through dozens of people while running as fast as her two legs could go. Her very bad habit of sleeping in past her alarm made her oversleep again. Her grandmother was able to get her out of bed and breakfast in her tummy before she took off to the streets. Right now, she was yelling at the ocean of people that were in the city's park over by Kaiba Corp's tower to make way. She didn't have time to stop to smell the proverbial roses. If she was late to check in for the exams, then she'd have to retake the written exam and wait another whole year for the chance to enter the Academy.

Calmly walking, and minding his own business, was a man wearing a black tank top, blue pants, and black shoes. His multicolored hair swayed gently to the light breeze that came through the trees. This man was none other than the King of Games himself, Yugi Mutou. He was out here simply to just take a walk. His fiancé had just left Domino City for a Broadway recital she was staring in two days ago and now didn't have much to do that morning. The birds were chirping, and he smiled when he saw some children playing with their father and mother.

Yugi: 'I wonder if Téa would like to start a family.'

Judy: "Watch your back!"

His train of thought was derailed by the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps coming. He turned around to see a young girl running at high speeds towards him. She realized she was going too fast and tried to stop but failed miserably. Judy crashed into Yugi, who she failed to recognize, and bounced off of his frame. Her duel disk and cards came spilling out of her backpack making a mess on the ground.

Judy: "Sorry..."

She quickly got to work picking her deck back up. Yugi watched as she took the time to make sure they weren't damaged in any way. That's when he recognized the girl. She was younger than he remembered, but it was her, nonetheless. A coo came from the deck box on his belt making his attention shift between the two. He realized what was needed to be done. He opened up the deck box and pulled out the card he needed to give her.

Yugi: "You're a duelist, aren't you?"

Judy: "Yup! I'm just going to try out for the Academy."

Yugi: *smiles* "You don't say?"

Judy: "Yeah!" *laughs* "Hey, wait. You're..."

Yugi: "Why don't you take this? Something just tells me that it belongs with you."

Judy: "Wow... F-F-For real?"

Yugi: "Good luck."

Yugi handed the card over to a very stunned Judy. She graciously accepted the card and held it in her hands. It wasn't that powerful in terms of raw strength, but she found the little monster to be really cute. Yugi smiled sensing that he did the right thing by giving her that card. That's when Judy snapped back to reality and whipped around to see the departing figure of the King of Games himself.

Judy: "Hey, wait! Thank you! I'll make you proud!"

Yugi: "You can thank me by doing me a small favor."

Judy: "Anything!"

Yugi: "If you meet a boy named Kota at the Academy. Tell him I said hello."

Yugi raised his hand giving the girl a thumbs up before continuing on his walk. Judy was frozen in place for a moment. She had just met her hero, her inspiration, and the very same guy had just given her a card. She smiled making sure to take down a mental note of the favor he asked of her. Judy looked down at the card again loving how adorable the monster was. A coo echoed in the back of her mind which startled her slightly. However, the same mental note she made a bit ago rang a bell in her mind reminding her that she was running late.

Judy: "UH-OH! THE EXAM!"

She took off running again hightailing it out of the park. Thankfully for her, there was a road that led her from her house directly to the Kaiba Dome, even though it was a VERY LONG road. The only trouble was that she had to sprint in order to get there before it was too late. Judy put more juice into her legs trying to go faster than before to make up for lost time. She placed the card she got from Yugi Mutou into her deck box adding it to her own cards.

Judy: "I can't be the first Queen of Games... If I'm late to the games!"

----- Later at the Kaiba Dome -----

The entrance exams were in full swing as multiple duels were now happening. Many of the applicants have already completed their exams duels with a few having lost and sent home. Kota was in the same spot from when he arrived watching the duels down below. He was mildly impressed with a few of them. Right now, Kota's attention was focused on Bastion's duel and a match between one of the proctors and a small blue-haired kid. He wasn't the only one watching these duels as the Vice Chancellor of Duel Academy, and head of the Obelisk Blue Boy's dormitory, was watching them. He was Dr. Vellian Crowler.

PA: "Once again, all applicants who have passed their Duel Academy entrance exams. Please proceed to registration. For those who have failed, better luck next year."

Crowler: 'And have fun at Duel Monsters Community College.'

Down on the dueling field was the blue-haired boy by the name of Syrus Truesdale. He wasn't doing very well after the proctor was able to fend of his attack with his only monster. Now it was the proctor's turn and he summoned out a monster by the name of Leghul. The worm monster growled before lunging forward past the boy's monster and striking him directly. The hologram's pincers phased through his body, but still solid enough for the force of the attack to throw Syrus off his balance a bit. He looked up and around the stands seeing the various other duelists and some with their new duel blazers having passed the exam.

Syrus: 'Oh man... I can barely concentrate with all these duelists staring at me. Judging me. Oh, what I would give to already be enrolled in the school like they are.'

Kota was watching Syrus with his chin resting upon his interlocked hands. He could see that the kid had skill, but his confidence could use some work. If he was a worm, then his fidgeting on the field would bring all the hawks to the yard. After a couple of more moves, Syrus won his duel and left the arena floor. Kota saw that the boy was walking right towards him. He thought he could use this as an opportunity to make a new friend.

Kota: "Hey there~!"

Syrus: "Uhm... Are you talking to me?"

Kota: "I sure am. My name is Kota Izinski. What's yours?"

Syrus: "S-Syrus. Syrus Truesdale."

Kota: "Well, Syrus, that was a pretty good duel down there."

Syrus: "Really? I just barely won."

Kota: "Let me guess. Stage fright?"

Syrus: *stuttering* "H-How did you k-know?!"

Kota: "I could see you shaking down on the field. I had the same problem when I was younger."

Syrus: "You had trouble dueling in front of people?"

Kota: "Yeah. I was very shy as a kid, but I was able to overcome it and improve my skills."

Syrus: "So you, umm... have any tips?"

Kota: *chuckling* "Ignore what's going on around you and focus on the duel."

Syrus: "Easier said than done."

Kota: "It really isn't. Learn to tune our everything else around you. In a duel, there will always be distractions, but all that matters is you and your opponent. Once you master that, then you'll find no challenge too difficult."

Syrus: "I guess I could try that."

PA: "Last call for all Academy applicants. If you have not checked in for your exam yet. Please do so now. Check in will close in ten minutes."

Kota paid the announcement no mind. He was informed that the proctor committee agreed to have his duel last, so he knew he would be called up soon. The two boys hung out in the spot Kota's been all day watching the rest of the duels. Meanwhile, the same trio at the entrance were still by the table. There was no sound of approaching persons which left them in the silence of nature. Steve checked his watch seeing it was almost two in the afternoon.

Steve: "Alright, ladies. Mark all the no-shows as no-shows."

Rebecca and Hoshino nodded their heads. The two of them started getting all the papers on the table together. Steve picked up one of the boxes and started helping them. That was, until the sound of a voice caught their attention. 

Judy: "WAIT! I'M NO NO-SHOW!"

All three of the adults turned to look at the other side of the parking lot. The trees along the steep side of the hill were rustling even though there was barely a breeze. Soon a hand shot up over the edge gripping the barrier railing. A few seconds pass and Judy Yuki came up with leaves and twigs in her hair.

Judy: "You can... count Judy Yuki as present, thank you! Well, just as long as I-" *slips* "Don't lose my grip!"

Hoshino: "Oh, my God!"

Steve: "Hold on!"

Rebecca: "Don't let go!"

Judy: "Y'know, I'd find that to be funny..." *sweatdrops* "If I wasn't hanging over a thirty-foot drop."

The three adults came running over to Judy's aid, and just in the nick of time too. Both Steve and Rebecca managed to grab Judy's arms just as her grip on the railing gave way. They pulled the girl up and over the barrier setting her down on the ground. She was panting a bit with Hoshino giving her some water. Judy chugged it down with earnest. 

Judy: "Thank... you."

Steve: "Why were you climbing the side of the hill? That was dangerous."

Judy: "I wanted to get to the exams on time."

Hoshino: "Why didn't you get here sooner?"

Judy: "I slept through my alarm and Grandpa took the car this morning. I had to run here."

Hoshino: "From the bottom of the hill?"

Judy: "From home."

Steve: "And where do you live?"

Judy: "The residential area of the city."

Rebecca: "Hold up. You're telling us that you RAN here from the OTHER SIDE of the city?!"

Judy: "Yup. Haven't ran that hard in a while."

Steve: "Well, I'm sorry, but check in has already-"

Hoshino: "Oh c'mon Steve. Can't we just check her in?"

Rebecca: "She did run all the way here. That's almost ten miles! If that's not proof of dedication to at least show up, then I don't know what is."

Steve: *sighs* "Oh, alright. Get her checked in and lead her inside so she can get some more water. I'll go inform the proctor committee of the last addition."

Steve got back up and went inside while Hoshino and Rebecca took care of Judy. Inside, all the other duels had just finished up. All except for Bastion's duel against his exam proctor. He was using one of the higher difficulty decks against Bastion who was able to hold his own quite easily. The two were definitely neck and neck with Bastion having the lead on life points. Kota was sitting back down in his seat waiting for his name to be called whilst Syrus was standing behind him. Judy finally came in and was in awe of the duel happening down below. Her sudden appearance caught poor Syrus off guard making him jump a bit. Her showing up didn't go unnoticed by Kota either. He looked up to see the girl standing right behind him. She looked strangely familiar to him.

Judy: "Wow! Look at him go!"

She was jumping in place whilst holding onto a railing excited to see everything going on. Kota decided to just ignore it for now. He returned his attention back to the duel. The proctor had Big Shield Gardna and Gear Golem the Moving Fortress both in defense mode with no facedown cards. Bastion had Vorse Raider and one set card on his field.

Bastion: 3200

Proctor: 1900

Proctor: "Alright, new guy. Multiple choice! You got two monsters staring you down. Do you, A: throw in the towel? B: beg for mercy? Or C: run home to momma?" 

Kota: *snorts* 'Okay, that's funny. I'm remembering that.'

Bastion: "I'll go with D: none of the above. Activate facedown card. Ring of Destruction!"

Proctor: "A trap card?!"

Bastion: "Exactly. You see, with Ring of Destruction. I can destroy any monster on the field, and then we both take damage equal to that monster's attack points. I choose to destroy my Vorse Raider."

The card flipped up spawning a very large collar line with oversized grenades. The collar spun around before latching onto Vorse Raider's neck. All the safety pins on each grenade popped off, and soon, the entire field was covered in the thick black smoke of the collar's explosion. The smoke simmered down a bit revealing the monster to be gone and a victorious smirk on Bastion's face. The rest of the holograms faded away due to the match coming to a close.

Bastion: 3200 → 1300

Proctor: 1900 → 0

Proctor: "Clever move, applicant. Welcome to the Academy."

Bastion: *bows* "Thank you, O' wise proctor."

Kota: 'Clever indeed, but risky as hell.'

Up in another part of the stands were seats dedicated to students who've already enrolled in the Academy. They were either currently enrolled having come to observe the new blood, have passed their entrance exams earlier, or were automatically enrolled into Duel Academy due to attending a preparatory school. Three of those students were kids having been automatically enrolled. They were Tai Torimaki, Gabriel Blackwood, and Chazz Princeton. Tai had long, curly black hair waving over to one side of his head, had a medium build, and a pair of rectangular glasses. Gabriel had short brown hair and a slightly larger build than Tai. Chazz Princeton had long, stylized black hair and grey eyes. All three of them had this aura of snobbiness. 

Tai: "Wow. That guy's pretty good. Don't you think so, Chazz?"

Gabriel: "Guess the rumors about him being some kind of whiz-kid were true. Huh, Chazz, huh?"

Chazz: "He's a punk. We went to Duel Prep School for the past three years. We're ready for the Academy. These kids don't know what they're getting into, but they'll learn. The hard way. The Chazz Princeton way."

Judy: "Wow! That last guy really tore it up."

Kota: "From his demeanor, I'd expect nothing less."

Syrus: "Yeah. Bastion Misawa. They saw he got the second highest test score on the written exam out of all us applicants."

Judy: "Woah. I just barely passed."

Syrus: "Yeah, me too. My name's Syrus by the way. Nice to meet you. I kinda got this thing where I get test anxiety. I don't know I won my duel."

Judy: "So, you're in! Congratulations!"

Syrus: "T-Thanks."

Judy: "And who might you be?"

Kota turned around again to see Judy MUCH closer than before. Seeing her face to the point of almost touching his own, he recoiled back a bit, but now he was able to get a clear look at her. Seeing her eyes and her smile reminded him where he remembered seeing her from. She was the girl from her dreams. He could feel his face heat up a bit.

Kota: "The name's Kota. Kota Izinski."

Judy: "Kota, huh? Wait... Where have I heard that name before?"

Kota: 'She's heard my name before? That's not good...'

PA: "Kota Izinski. Please report to Exam Field Four."

Kota: 'Saved by the bell.' *sighs* "Well, it looks like it's time for my duel. Wish me luck you two."

Kota got up from his seat and went down the stairs to the floor. Both Syrus and Judy waved to him goodbye. He got his duel disk ready following the signs to the exam field. Judy had her eyes fixed upon the burgundy-haired duelist. There was something about him that had her intrigued. Something that gave her dueling senses a tingle.

Judy: "I can't wait to see his duel. Because then I get to duel next!"

Syrus: "Wait. You haven't dueled yet?"

Judy: "Nope."

Syrus: "Then you might have a problem. I think Kota's duel is supposed to be the last one."

Judy froze on the spot. It took a second for that information to sink in and settle in her brain. She ran all the way here, she wanted to get into the Academy, and she wasn't even going to be given a chance. Judy sputtered as she tried to come up with some response. She was only able to say one word to describe her current mental state.

Judy: "N-N-NANI?!"

Down on the arena floor was a dedicated section of seats meant for VIPs. This section was being used for the proctor committee to evaluate the applicants for the Duel Academy rankings. The head of the committee was Dr. Vellian Crowler.

He was glad that the exams were almost done with so he could go back to the Academy to take a long, relaxing bath. Crowler was gathering his things together in preparation to leave as soon as Kota's duel was done. The approaching Steve on the other hand was about the throw a wrench into the doctor's plans.

Proctor 1: "Looks like we have a pretty good crop this year."

Proctor 2: "Yes. Indeedy."

Steve: "I'm sorry to interrupt, but one last applicant has arrived to take her exam, Mr. Crowler."

Crowler: "Did... Did you just call me mister?"

Steve: "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm new here, missus...?"

Crowler: "I have a PhD in Dueling. I've earned the title "Doctor", thank you. Now tell the truant that she'll just have to come back next year. Our last duel is about to get underway."

Proctor 1: "Oh c'mon, Dr. Crowler. We have a little bit more time for one more duel before Mr. Izinski's match."

Proctor 3: "Yes. Let's give this duelist her shot."

Proctor 2: "She was just a bit late. That's all."

Crowler: *growls* "LATE IS RUDE!"

The doctor's outburst caught all the other proctors off guard. They all flinched back a bit, and the outburst didn't go unnoticed by Kota. Thinking that something was going on, he walked up to the committee, and one VERY annoyed professor. 

Kota: "Is everything okay? I heard shouting."

Steve: "We just have a late arrival and it's creating... problems."

Kota: "Let me guess. Messy brown hair, brown eyes, very energetic?"

Steve: "That'd be the one."

Kota: "Then just let her duel."

Committee: *long pause* "What?"

Kota: "I've waited this long for my duel. What's one more?"

Crowler: "Look, young man. I understand that we said we'd respect your request, but I have no time for sla-!"

The doctor was interrupted by the timely/untimely chime of his cellphone. He reached into his pocket to grab it but was having trouble pulling it out. Crowler growled again and managed to pull out the device. He placed the phone to his ear, and answered the call before he missed it, albeit a bit more rudely than he intended... Probably.

Crowler: "Yes? And who may I ask is-?"

Shepard: <It's Shepard.>

Crowler: "A-Ah, Chancellor Shepard!"

Kota: 'The Chancellor? This should be good.'

Shepard: <Just calling to make sure that everything is running smoothly, Crowler. Wouldn't want a repeat of what happened last year, now do we?>

Crowler: "Uh... Umm..."

Shepard: <When YOU cut a THIRD of our student applicants for some RIDICULOUS reason? What was it? Calling you missus or--whatever. Just make sure that everyone gets a fair shot.>

Crowler: "O-Of course, sir."

Shepard: <And one more thing.>

Crowler: *sighs* "Yes, sir?"

Shepard: <I want you to handle Kota Izinski's exam personally.>

Crowler: *confused* "Why? What makes him so special?"

Shepard: <D-Did you NOT get the memo?>

Crowler: "No, sir. I don't know what you're talking about."

Shepard: <Well, Mr. Izinski's father wants his son to be given a real challenge. So, I'm giving you full authorization to use your personal deck to administer his exam.>

Crowler: "Absolutely!" *hangs up* 'Furry-chined windbag. Doesn't he realize there are enough talentless flunkies here at this academy? But he's the boss, and if these two want me to give this skrimshanker a duel... FINE!'

Crowler pocketed his phone and looked over to Kota. He pointed to an empty seat behind him to which Kota understood he was being told to wait there. Once he sat down next to one of the proctors, Crowler began to leave for the arena floor.

Crowler: "Pardon me, gentlemen. I'll be right back."

Proctor 2: "But who's going to be the girl's dueling proctor and which exam deck should we use?"

Crowler: "Oh... Leave that to me."

As the doctor left to go prepare, Judy and Syrus were getting some company. Bastion returned from his duel and to his vacant seat. He removed his duel disk from his arm setting it down next to him. Judy took the chance to talk with him.

Judy: "Tight duel, Bastion."

Bastion: "Hmm? Oh, thank you."

Judy: "From the look of things, you just might be the second-best duelist here."

Bastion: "Huh?"

PA: "Kota Izinski's duel has been postponed. Judy Yuki, please report to Exam Field Four."

Judy: "Alright. Go time. Wish me luck guys!"

Bastion: "Hey. Wait."

Judy: "What's up?"

Bastion: "If I'm second-best, then who's first?"

Judy: *smiles* "Yours truly! It's what I'm best at!"

The girl left with a smile on her face leaving Bastion stunned for a second. His eyes followed her making him smirk at her attitude. Bastion's attention then changed when his wandered from Judy over to the Exam Field she was going to duel in. What he saw piqued his curiosity.

Syrus: "Wow... She's so sure of herself. I wonder if she's really that good."

Bastion: "She's going to need to be. Look who she's dueling."

Judy followed the signs as she strapped her duel disk on her arm. One of the exam employees lead her to a platform where she was directed to stand on. She placed her deck into the deck slot just in time for the platform to start rising. She looked around marveling at what was happening to her right now. She felt just like a pro duelist. Once the platform stopped and locked into place, she turned to see a man in a blue trench coat with fancy trimmings. He was getting a custom-hybrid duel disk strapped on his chest with the assistance of Rebecca and Hoshino from earlier. The two of them left leaving Crowler and Judy alone on the field.

Crowler: "Alright. Test time!"

Judy: 'Impressive duel disk.'

Crowler: "So, young lady, your name?"

Judy: "Huh? Uh--Judy. Judy Yuki."

Crowler: "Well, uh, Judy Yuki. I'm Dr. Vellian Crowler. Department Chair of Techniques here at Duel Academy."

Judy: "Wow! A Department Chair, really? I was thinking you were some kind of weird academy mascot. Like a majorette, or a cheerleader. Hehehe."

There were some quiet mutterings going on in the stands upon hearing Judy's comment. Kota himself was trying to stifle in some laughter and failing slightly. Even some of other proctors were trying to keep their laughter in so they wouldn't get in trouble.

Crowler: *sweatdrops* 'I don't look like that!... Don't I?'

Tai: "Hey, y'know... Now that she mentions it..."

Gabriel: "This kid's got some lip, huh, Chazz?"

Chazz: *growls* 'Such disrespect!'

Crowler: *clears throat* "Duel Vest: ON!"

With a tap of his hand on the central part of the disk, the device came to life. The hologenerator made a quiet whirling sound and various lights activated. Judy was in awe watching the hardware at work. The machine's autoshuffler did its thing making sure that the professor's deck was good to go. Dr. Crowler hummed as he maneuvered the blade a bit so he could effortlessly grab the five cards the autodraw stuck out from the top of the deck. Kota couldn't help but make the connection of how Crowler's duel disk looked very similar to a rockstar's electric guitar.

Judy: "That's pretty sweet, Teach. How do I get one of those cool-looking blue duel blazers?"

Crowler: "Oh, a lot of hard work and extremely high marks." *scoffs* 'Of course, you first have to get into Duel Academy, and I intend to make certain that doesn't happen.'

Judy: "Well, I'm ready!"

Judy/Crowler: "SO LET'S DUEL!"

Life Points: 4000

Judy: "Here goes! I draw!"

Judy took a look at the card she drew seeing it was Elemental HERO Avian. She compared it to the other cards in her hand. She had Monster Reborn, Draining Shield, HERO Signal, Polymerization, and The Warrior Returning Alive. Not that many options, but she can make this hand work in her favor. 

Judy: "Okay. I'm gonna summon Elemental HERO Avian in defense mode."

Judy placed the monster card on the duel disk causing a portal to open. Light spilled out as an avian humanoid flew into the air. He was covered in green and dark green feathers, had a pair of wings, and wore dark green pauldrons on his shoulders and wings. His feet were large hawk feet with talons. On his left arm was a gauntlet stylized as a hawk's foot with three pronged talons as his weapon. He wore a big feathery green helm with a red mask to finish off his heroic look. Avian came back down on the field crouching and with arms crossed over his chest in a defensive posture.

Elemental HERO Avian: DEF/1000

Judy: "I'll also throw down a facedown. Alright, get your game on, Teach!"

Crowler: "Yes, yes. Don't tell me what to do." *draws card* 'After all, since I'm using my own PERSONAL deck, rather than one of those test ones. I'll be calling ALL the shots. I'll fail this insolent little brat, send her home, and then pulverize that Izinski kid in no time.'

Crowler took a look at his hand. Multiple scenarios played in his head, but the obvious one was clear as day. In his hand were two copies of Statue of the Wicked, Heavy Storm, Confiscation, Emes the Infinity, and Ancient Gear Golem. He smirked seeing as fortune has favored him in his first turn.

Crowler: "Alright, for my first move, I think I'll start off nice and easy. I choose to play the spell card Confiscation."

Judy: "Okay, sooo... What does it do?"

Crowler: "What it does is let me pay one thousand life points for the chance to peak at your hand, and then toss one of your cards into the graveyard."

Crowler: 4000 → 3000

The holographic emitters scanned Judy's hand making her cards glow for effect. The emitters changed displaying holographic images of the cards in her hand in front of Crowler. He looked at them while shaking his head in arrogant disapproval.

Crowler: "Ah, yes. I remember some of these cards back when I was a naive rookie. Now which one should I send to the graveyard? Decisions, decisions... Oh, I know! Monster Reborn to the graveyard!"

The holographic projection of Judy's Monster Reborn turned around for her to see before exploding into a hundred digitized pieces. Judy discarded the card to the graveyard as per the effect of Crowler's card. Kota watched as Crowler grabbed two more cards in his hand.

Crowler: "Next I'll lay two cards facedown on the field. And last but not least I play Heavy Storm. This spell card destroys every other spell and trap card that's out on the field!"

Crowler played the spell into an empty slot in the disk's blade. Winds appeared out of nowhere making their clothes sway with the currents. Said currents then began to pick up speed and strength before they became equivalent to gale-force level winds. They swirled all over the field blowing away Judy's facedown Draining Shield and Crowler's two Statue of the Wicked cards. All three cards were flung into the air and torn to shreds. After all three cards were gone, the winds started to die down to the point they never were even there.

Kota: 'Statue of the Wicked? I think I know where this is going.'

Judy: "Whoopsies! Did you forget you had two trap cards on the field yourself?"

Crowler: *chuckles* "Now, now. You mustn't speak out of turn, young scholar."

Out of the blue, dark clouds and thick purple fog began to appear. It blanketed the entire dueling field. Judy was looking around a little spooked by the sudden appearance of the creepy ambience. 

Judy: "What's happening?"

Crowler: "Nothing's happening. Not yet!"

Upon saying those words, two large worm creatures emerged from the fog. The had golden skin along with a golden headdress with two protruding horns. In the center of each headdress was a large blue crystal. They each had large mouths with two huge fangs and filled with sharp teeth. The other most defining feature were the four blood red eyes on their faces. They snarled and roared eyeing down Judy like lunch. The crowds gasped seeing Crowler's very strong play.

Wicked Token (x2): ATK/1000

Crowler: "But that's about to change."

Syrus: "Uhh... Could somebody tell me what's going on?"

Bastion: "The two trap cards that Dr. Crowler had on the field were called Statue of the Wicked. It's a special trap card that creates a vicious token monster when destroyed. That's why he played Heavy Storm."

Tai: "A card that strong couldn't be in one of the test decks. Crowler must be using his own."

Gabriel: "Then this is over. There's no way an applicant can beat the deck of an expert like Dr. Crowler."

Tai: "Yeah, it's impossible. Don't ya think, Chazz?"

Gabriel: "Yeah. What do you think, Chazz?"

Chazz: "I think I'm going to enjoy watching Crowler mop the floor with our mouthy little friend down there. I only wished he treated all the other second-rate duelists who apply to this academy the same way."

Alexis: "What an elitest snob. Bullying some girl with his very best cards."

Zane: "You're too soft, Alexis."

On the second floor viewing area where a bunch of Duel Academy's students came to watch the exams. The two notable students there were Alexis Rhodes and Zane Truesdale who happened to be Syrus's older brother. The two of them were the top students of Obelisk Blue's Boy and Girl Dormitories, respectively. 

Zane: "I just hope we get to see that legendary rare monster Crowler's had stashed away in that deck of his."

Alexis: "Same."

Their attention returned to the duel after their little conversation. However, Zane's attention quickly changed over to Kota. There was something about him that had Zane intrigued. He was patiently waiting to see what the boy with burgundy red hair was going to offer during his exam. 

Crowler: "Ready for your next lesson?"

Judy: "Haha! You bet! I can't remember the last time learning was this much fun!"

Crowler: "Yes, well, I'm quite the excellent teacher, thank you. Now I sacrifice my two Wicked Tokens."

The monsters squirmed around as their bodies caught fire. The flames and ashes merged together to create a large ball of energy. The ball lowered onto the field spreading out to make a large portal. A deep rumbling could be heard as Crowler held up a card.

Crowler: "Behold! The greatest mechanical warrior with the power to decimate entire armies! Join my side and crush our enemy! Arise, Ancient Gear Golem!"

The entire stadium gasped as Crowler's ace monster appeared. It was slouched over in an ancient frame holding it in place. It's one red eye lit up causing the rest of the monster's mechanics to activate and its power core to activate with a thrum. Golem's frame groaned like it hasn't moved in thousands of years. The very stadium shook as it slowly stood up showing off its towering height while its optic locked directly onto Judy.

Ancient Gear Golem: ATK/3000

Kota: 'How interesting.'

Alexis: "There it is! The legendary rare card!"

Zane: "And I'd say we're about to find out what makes it so legendary."

Crowler: "Now I hope you're not scared of my Ancient Gear Golem."

Judy: "HA! No way! I've always wanted to take one on."

The spectators exclaimed their shock and surprise at Judy's comment. Even Kota was taken aback a bit. There weren't that many duelists who would WANT to go against such a powerful monster. Not unless they had a lot of experience under their belt or they believed they had the skills to take it on.

Kota: 'What are you planning, Judy?'

Syrus: "Either she's brave or she's nuts!"

Zane: "She's starting down that legendary rare monster like she doesn't have a care in the world. I guess that youth and inexperience have their benefits, huh, Alexis?"

Alexis: "C'mon. Give it a rest, Zane. At least she's showing some backbone."

Zane: "There won't be much left of it to show after this."

Crowler: "laughs* "GOLEM, ATTACK! MECHANIZED MELEE!"

The professor's monster followed its master's commands. The very large gears protruding from its body started to move with loud clanking sounds. Ancient Gear Golem pulled its very large fist back. Then the gears started rotating the other way and it threw its fist forward at Judy's monster. Avian held up his arms to block the attack, but it was in vain, and he was pulverized into nothingness. The shockwaves from the attack blew Judy's clothes and hair around a bit.

Syrus: "Judy's monster didn't stand a chance. His defense points were way too low. This isn't looking good."

Bastion: "And it's about to get a lot worse. See, when Ancient Gear Golem attacks a monster in defense mode. The difference between its attack points and the defending monster's defense points gets dealt to the opponent as damage."

Syrus: "But that means... Judy's life points are about to take a hit!"

Judy looked up at the Golem with a little worry in her eyes. The mechanical behemoth growled as its optic pulsed with energy. A split second later, a large red energy beam shot out of the optic. Judy braced herself as the explosion engulfed her entire field. She was flung back a bit as a result of the Solid Vision holograms. Kota couldn't help but wince at the sight of Judy being used for target practice. The sounds of what was like crying came from the poor girl.

Judy: 4000 → 2000

Crowler: "Don't feel bad. This IS the top dueling school in the country. Some people simply aren't quite cut out... for..."

Judy's crying-like noises grew louder, and it became apparent that she wasn't crying at all. She held her stomach having a big belly laugh. Kota was baffled at how this girl could be having the time of her life when she was losing. The crack of a smile was growing in the corner of his mouth. He felt his deck box shaking around a bit hearing her laughter.

Kota: 'You guys like her, do ya?'

Judy: *laughs* "Boy, I REALLY want to come to this school now! You really know your stuff, Teach!"

Crowler: 'Can't she take a HINT?! She will not be allowed to pass this exam! And she certainly won't be permitted to make a mockery of MY DECK!'

Judy: 'Just look at him tremble! He must be really impressed by me!'

Spirit: 'You can do it, Judy!'

Judy: 'Huh? What was that?'

Crowler's turn was at an end, so Judy looked down to her deck She drew the top card taking a look at what it was. She was genuinely surprised at the card she drew. It was the one that Yugi Mutou gave her earlier that day. The card in question was Winged Kuriboh. 

Judy: 'Oh. It's you.'

Something just tells me that it belongs with you...

Judy: 'Y'know. Something's starting to tell me that to.'

Judy took a look at the card more closely reading the monster's effect. She was amazed that something so small that such a powerful effect. After reading the card's text, she took another look at the monster. The illustration moved as Winged Kuriboh gave Judy a wink. An action that surprised her a little bit.

Judy: 'Okay. I'll take that as a sign to play you. Yeah, definitely!' *picks card* "I summon out Winged Kuriboh in defense mode."

Judy placed the card on the duel disk. A small flash of light occurred, and Judy's new monster was there. It was a brown furball with golden eyes, cute little paws with claws, and a pair of white angel wings. Many of the female observers awed at the adorable monster. Winged Kuriboh on the other hand stared up at Ancient Gear Golem. Kota noted a sense of determination in the monster's eyes. That, and the fact he made that card.

Kota: 'I remember making that card specifically for Yugi as a gift, along with a few others for public consumption. How did Judy get her hands on one?'

Winged Kuriboh: DEF/200

Judy: "And I'll set one card facedown. Not bad, huh, Teach?"

Crowler: *laughs* "No, not bad, but you must understand that I'm a master tactician. A Kuriboh to me is rather pedestrian. Even one with wings, you see, its defense points are still no match for my Ancient Gear Golem. It's a textbook mistake. Don't feel too bad. Now let us proceed..." *draws card* "With the legendary Ancient Gear Golem! Attack that Kuriboh with Mechanized Melee!"

The behemoth responded to its master's command just like before. The gears in its body began to turn as its fist. It sent its fist forward crushing Winged Kuriboh into the ground with an echoing boom. Judy held up her arms to protect herself from the winds generated by the shockwave. From the dust cloud were dozens of little golden flecks floating down onto Judy's body. Kota saw this and realized what was happening.

Judy: 'Sorry, Winged Kuriboh...'

Crowler: "Hmm? Check your gear. Your life points haven't changed."

Kota: 'Here it comes.'

Judy: "My gear is fine. On the turn that Winged Kuriboh is destroyed, I take zero damage."

The stadium was once again in shock at the turn of events. Half of them were expecting to see Judy lose right there and then. Kota chuckled at everyone else's reaction. I mean, it's a Kuriboh. What did you expect? Zane saw Kota's distinct lack of shock while Alexis was slightly wide-eyed. 

Alexis: "How about that. A technique the good doctor didn't know."

Zane: "No one can be expected to know EVERY technique, Alexis. Especially as obscure as that one."

Alexis: "Well she sure knew it."

Zane: 'So does that Izinski kid. Interesting.'

Crowler: "Fine, fine. I guess your lame little monster saved you there."

Judy: "Hey, slow your roll, Teach! You may have beaten him, but that doesn't give you the right to call him lame!"

Crowler: "Oh, yes. I forgot how attached you new duelists get to your monsters. So sorry."

Judy: "Well, you should be. When you destroyed Winged Kuriboh, you set off a trap card. One of my favorites too. Hero Signal!"

Judy pressed a button on her duel disk and her facedown card flipped face up. The card shot a beam of light into the air. That beam of light was in fact a spotlight. It left a large circle hanging in the air with a heroic-looking letter "H" in the middle. Crowler looked up into the air wondering when this duel became an action movie.

Judy: "And that brings out another Elemental HERO from my deck. Show yourself, Elemental HERO Burstinatrix!"

A bright red flame erupted on the field when Judy held up the card. The flame was bright and the heat so intense that Crowler had to cover his face with his arm. From the center of the pyre was a woman with a large gold headdress, long black hair with grey tips, and was dressed in a spandex suit of red and white with red gloves. The pattern was flame-like which blended perfectly with the flames around her body. Red and white paint decorated her face accentuating her fiery yellow eyes.

Elemental HERO Burstinatrix: ATK/1200

Judy: "It's my turn now. I draw!"

She looked at the card she drew and compared it to her hand. She had three spell cards and it all that she needed. Judy could visualize the path to victory in her mind. She was going to bring down that monster and win this duel. There was no stopping her now.

Judy: "Alright, Winged Kuriboh. This next one is going to be for you. First off, I'm going to bring back Avian to my hand with the spell card The Warrior Returning Alive. Now I'll summon him alongside Burstinatrix."

Elemental HERO Avian: ATK/1000

Crowler: "Oh, okay. Another amateurish mistake, but this is good, this is good. Now would anyone like to tell me what our little friend-"

Judy: "Hey! It's rude to interrupt a girl when she's talking. See, I know my two heroes aren't very powerful by themselves, but if I can form them together? Well then, that's a whole other story, and I have just the card to unite them! I play Polymerization to fuse Avian and Burstinatrix! Winged hero of the sky, red-hot lady of justice, come together to create a new superpower! Fusion summon!"

A multicolored swirling vortex appeared above Judy showering down light onto the girl. Both Avian and Burstinatrix leapt into the air and into the vortex. They began merging combining their strengths together causing a portal to form. A new monster appeared and emerged from the opening. 

Judy: "Here he is! The hero born from dragon's fire! The Elemental Hero Flame Wingman!"

Judy's Fusion monster came flying out of the portal and into the air. Everyone was amazed by Judy's creature. It had a humanoid body, but he looked almost like a demon. One of his arms was nothing but an oversized dragon's head while he sported a dragon tail. His other arm was fine with the exception of that side having a single large wing for flying. It's body almost seemed like it was split down the middle between good and evil.

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman: ATK/2100

Judy: "So, what do you think of my Wingman, Teach? Pretty cool, right? Because I hope your Gear Golem is ready for a clash of the titans."

Crowler: "I think you're dueling very well, for an amateur. Next time try playing something with MORE attack points than what's already out?"

Syrus: "Uhh... What's he mean by that?"

Bastion: "He means that Wingman's attack points are no match for his Golem's three thousand. Shame too, because when that monster destroys a monster in battle, the destroyed monster's attack points are dealt as damage to its owner."

Syrus: "You mean they're deducted right out of his life points? Oh, that would've been a great way for Judy to turn this duel around."

Bastion: "Well, if your friend is as good as she says she is. She might still find a way."

Syrus: "D-Did we really seem like friends?"

While everyone was having their small conversations on the status of the duel. Kota continued to observe with the committee. He took note of the one card left in her hand. It was then that something strange happened. In his mind's eye, he could see just what the card was in Judy's hand. The card was clear as day like it was being held right in front of him. It left him rather confused and baffled.

Kota: 'If the card in Judy's hand is what I saw, then this duel is good as done. How did I do that?'

Crowler: "Alright, young scholar. I don't mean to rush you but I am a busy man. Are you done yet?"

Judy: "Of course I'm not done yet, and I knew that my Wingman had less attack points than your Golem. That's why I got this puppy. Skyscraper, GO!"

Judy placed the spell card into the disk's Field Spell slot in the blade. The system registered the move with the disk itself rippling with holographic energy. The dueling field glowed with light as an entire cityscape rose up from the ground. Crowler darted his head around seeing the very quickly changing landscape consume his vision. The buildings were slightly see-through so the audience could still see the duel. Now the scene was Crowler's Ancient Gear Golem standing in the middle of the city as Judy's Elemental HERO Flame Wingman flew up to stand at the top of the city's skyscraper with the moon rising behind him.

Judy: "Alright, Flame Wingman! Go show those heroics and attack that Ancient Gear Golem!"

Crowler: "Fine with me! Bring him on! This silly little Skyscraper field spell hasn't lowered my Golem's attack power by one point!"

Flame Wingman leapt off the building and flew through the sky. Ancient Gear Golem's optic locked onto the hero firing multiple energy beams at his direction. Flame Wingman dodged all of them getting closer and closer to the mechanical giant. The stray beams collided with the various buildings blasting giant holes in them. Flame Wingman landed on the ground and looked up just in time to see Golem's oncoming fist. He flew up dodging the robot's attack and soared high into the sky.

Judy: "Y'know what, Teach? You're right. My Skyscraper field hasn't lowered your Golem's attack points. What it's done is raise MY Elemental HERO Flame Wingman's, by a grand total of.... ONE THOUSAND!"

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman: ATK/2100 → 3100

Crowler: "WAIT! T-TIME OUT!"

Judy: "GO! SKYDIVE SCORCHER!"

Flame Wingman stopped his ascent and did a complete one-eighty. He swiftly flew towards the ground aiming for the Ancient Gear Golem. Crowler meanwhile was nervously scratching his head since he had no way out of this. The monster fired more beam attacks to shoot the winged hero down, but the result was the same as before. Flame Wingman dodged its attacks igniting a surging flame in the maw of his dragon's head cannon. Ancient Gear Golem tried swinging another punch, but it was far too slow to hit its target. Flame Wingman unleashed the dragon fire at the robot engulfing its entire torso in fire. The energy core within the giant destabilized and was destroyed while the outer frame was charred black. Everyone exclaimed their surprise seeing the destruction of the legendary rare monster. The shockwaves from the ensuing explosion destroyed a few of the buildings surrounding Crowler.

Crowler: "This can't be! He was my very best card..."

The ruble from the destroyed structures fell around the professor. One rather large chunk of building fell right on the doctor's head. The resulting face from the impact broke Kota making him laugh full force at the comical humor of it all. Some of the proctors couldn't help it either and started laughing alongside him. Flame Wingman landed back on the ground next to Judy. She had a smirk on her face since she was ready to add the finishing touches to this duel.

Judy: "And because of my Wingman's superpower. The attack points of that Golem are dealt straight to you as damage. Sweet, huh?"

Crowler: "N-No way..."

Cracking and rumbling of stressed metal filled the professor's ears tempting him to look up. He could see his monster was about to crumbling with him standing right below it. He quickly tried to get out of the way. He went to the right to see ruble blocking his way. He tried the other way to see the giant hand of his monster and even more ruble. There was nowhere to go as the Ancient Gear Golem crumbled into dozens of pieces and fell right on top of Crowler. The dust settled to reveal the image of the Vice Chancellor having been buried under a hill of broken metal and gears.

Crowler: 3000 → 0

Judy: "That's game! So, I guess I passed the test, huh, Teach?"

The crowds cheered frivolously at seeing the finale of such an intense duel. Others were stunned silent at witnessing a Duel Monsters expert being beaten by an applicant. Kota couldn't help but marvel at the duel as he clapped his hands. The holograms faded leaving a very bewildered Crowler on the floor.

Crowler: "Impossible... There's no way this delinquent could defeat me!"

Chazz: "It must be dumb luck... There's no way Crowler could lose to some-- some flunky!"

Kota: *whistles* "Dayum. That girl can duel."

Alexis: "That kid's got a future here. Wow."

Alexis was expecting an answer from her friend. When she got none, she turned her head to see him walking away. She thought that he was leaving because he was no longer interested in watching the last of the exams. The truth couldn't be farther from. Zane was actually heading over to the stairwell so he could go down to the stands. He wanted a closer seat of the action for Kota's duel and there was something telling him that it was going to change something he hadn't felt in a long time. The sense of a worthy challenge.

Syrus: "Alright! Way to go, Judy!"

Bastion: 'Nice. I could use a little competition.'

Judy: "I MADE THE ACADEMY!" *blows air kisses* "I'M IN! I'M IN!"

Kota watched as she took her cards out of the disk's graveyard but held onto one in particular. He decided to tap into his Duel Monster mojo to see what was going on. Although he didn't see anything, he could hear the happy coos from Winged Kuriboh. He was surprised to see the furball connect to her, but happy all the same. She deserved the victory. The time had come however for his duel. He grabbed his duel disk, strapped it on, and proceeded to the arena. Judy left leaving Crowler fuming at his loss. He darted his head around like he was about to rip something apart until his eyes fell upon the approaching Kota.

Crowler: "Ah, good! Taking the initiative, I see. Let's hurry and get this over with. I have a schedule to keep." 

Kota: "Of course, doctor."

Crowler: "IT'S NOT MISTER, IT'S-! Wait... What did you say, young man?"

Kota: "You earned the title of doctor, did you not? I can refer to you as professor if that's more to your liking."

Crowler: "N-No, no, no. Either one is fine." *sighs* 'Finally. SOMEONE who treats me with decent respect.'

The stadium simmered down a bit ready to see what the last duel of the day was going to bring. Everyone took note of how Crowler was still on the field getting ready to duel again. Alexis watched from her spot until curiosity got the better of her and looked down. To her surprise was Zane sitting over by the proctors watching the upcoming duel as closely as he was allowed to do so. Alexis wondered what her friend was up to and went to join him. Judy meanwhile just got returned to her new friends Syrus and Bastion as they were watching Kota down on the field.

Judy: "Whassup, guys? Did you see me win that duel?"

Syrus: "Yeah! You were awesome, Judy!"

Bastion: "Quite the impressive display."

Judy: "So... Why's everyone so quiet?"

Bastion: "Take a look down there."

She turned around like Bastion suggested and saw what he meant. The guy from earlier was standing in the spot she was in just a little bit ago. He too was facing against Crowler and he didn't look all too happy. That's when the words from Yugi rang in her ears.

Judy: 'Could he be the guy Yugi was talking about?'

Kota activated his duel disk as the blade parts swung around the body and interlocked into combat position. Both he and Crowler loaded their decks into the slot. This was the moment he'd been waiting for. Sure, it was because he wanted to go last, but that wasn't it. This was his chance to duel against someone who wouldn't go easy because he's a kid or the son of Pegasus. Here, in this moment, he was just Kota, and that got his dueling spirit flared up. It was also then that Alexis joined Zane in the committee's section to watch the duel. They didn't give either one of them a hard time since they were students and all the paperwork had been put away. 

Crowler/Kota: "DUEL!"

Life Points: 4000

Crowler: "I'll start this duel off. I draw!"

The professor took a look at his current options. He had Ancient Gear Soldier, Monster Reborn, Statue of the Wicked, and two Ancient Gears in his starting hand along with the Ancient Gear Castle he just drew. He could go on either the offensive or defensive. Seeing as though he was already in a bad mood and wanted to get this over with already. Crowler decided to go with the more offensive route.

Crowler: "I'll start things off my activating the continuous spell card called Ancient Gear Castle."

Crowler placed the spell card into his duel disk making the emitters come to life. A large castle with cannons and gears protruding from the structure rose up to the field. Kota watched knowing full well the power of the professor's card, but he could only smirk in amusement. He was going to have so much fun with him.

Crowler: "Next up, I'll summon out my Ancient Gear Soldier in attack mode."

The drawbridge to the castle lowered upon the doctor's command. From the inside came out a mechanical warrior nearly twice as tall as Crowler himself. Its lower right arm was a cannon with a large magazine drum. The robot marched out onto the field taking a combat ready stance in front of the doctor.

Ancient Gear Soldier: ATK/1300

Crowler: "Now two things happen. First off, since a monster was Normal summoned to the field. My Ancient Gear Castle gains one counter. Secondly, all my Ancient Gear monsters gain an additional three hundred attack points, so my Soldier gets a power boost."

Ancient Gear Castle: 0 → 1

Ancient Gear Soldier: ATK/1300 → 1600

Crowler: "I'll end my turn with that. Now hurry up and make your move."

Kota: "Oh, I'll make my turn, but know this. I don't plan on losing. I draw!"

Kota took a look at his hand to see what cards he had to start with. He held Saggi the Dark Clown, Dark-Eyes Illusionist, Allure of Darkness, Peten the Dark Clown, Black Illusion Ritual, and finally Sangan. Kota couldn't help but chuckle. It was as if his deck responded to him by giving him such a great hand, but first, Kota wanted to play with his prey a bit before ending this.

Kota: "I think I'll play the spell card Allure of Darkness."

Crowler: "Hmm? I'm not familiar with that card."

Kota: "Oh? And here I thought you were the master tactician?"

Crowler: *growls* "WHAT WAS THAT?!"

Kota: "Allure of Darkness is a powerful spell card that allows me to draw the top two cards of my deck. All I have to do afterwards is banish a Dark-attribute monster from my hand. If, however, I do not have a monster to banish. I am forced to discard my entire hand to the graveyard."

Syrus: "That's a pretty nasty side effect. If he doesn't have the monster, then he'll have nothing to defend himself against Crowler next turn."

Bastion: "I don't think Kota would have played that card if he couldn't pay that price."

Judy: "Why do you say that?"

Bastion: "Because he's not just the one who got the highest score on the written exam. He scored a perfect hundred."

Judy/Syrus: "A PERFECT SCORE?!"

Kota drew the top two cards from his deck and looked them over. His present smirk faded, but on the inside, he was smiling like a madman. He drew Rush Recklessly and his ace monster. Kota had to hold back in laughter lest he risk tipping off his opponent on what was going to happen. So, in order to toy with his opponent, he had to act a bit. He placed the two new cards in his hand while taking another one and showing it to Crowler.

Kota: "I banish the Sangan in my hand in order to prevent my hand from being discarded by Allure of Darkness's second effect."

Kota pocketed the monster into his front pocket. Alexis and Zane were watching intently waiting for the boy's next move with the latter very focused. He wanted to know why he was so intrigued by this one duelist. He's never seen him before, and yet, he wanted to face him in battle. Kota picked up the Peten the Dark Clown and set it on the disk.

Kota: *sighs* "Oh, dear me. It looks like I got a bad hand. All I can do is set this one monster facedown in defense position."

Ancient Gear Castle: 1 → 2

Crowler: "If that's the best you got then you disappoint me. I was told that you were special and deserved for me to use my personal deck. Now I'm going to show you what happens when you bite off more than you can chew." *draws card* "Now attack my Ancient Gear Soldier! Blast that facedown monster to smithereens!"

The soldier cocked his gun and took aim at the facedown monster. The card wriggled and shook around a bit before flipping over to reveal a large poof of pink smoke. Kota's monster appeared out of the smoke doing some cartwheels and jumps before landing back on his card. He laughed and sung a little ditty since his cards were coded... differently.

Everyone else: "A... CLOWN?!"

Peten: *laughs* 'What's... smokin'...?'

He looked around noticing the distinct LACK of any sort of response to his appearance. Hoping that his master could have some answers, he turned his head to look at him. The only thing on his face was the expression that he was sorry about something. Peten turned around to be met with the sight of the mech... and its very large gun. Peten's face was scared to the point when it pointed his gun at him. His fear then expressed itself in the form of, well... In the form of a cartoon character.

Ancient Gear Soldier opened firing on the clown unleashing a hailstorm of bullets. Peten dodged left and right doing his best to avoid getting hit. The mech's mag emptied leaving one Peten the Dark Clown still standing. He looked over himself seeing no bullet wounds. Peten cheered and pulled out a glass of juice out of nowhere and proceeded to drink it. As he drank it, the liquid spilled out of his body through the now revealed bullet wounds all over him. He looked down to see his drink all over the ground and realized he was not okay. He proceeded to shatter into a thousand pieces signifying he was destroyed. 

Kota: *sarcastically* "OH NOOO!!!"

Syrus: "He's got no monsters to defend his life points!"

Kota: "Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh, mercy me! What ever will I do?" *chuckles* "Oh, wait a minute, I know..."

Crowler: "Huh?"

Kota: "I play Peten the Dark Clown's special ability. Since he was sent to the graveyard. I can banish him and summon another one to take his place. Ladies and gentlemen, it's Peten's famous disappearing reappearing trick!"

His duel disk's autoshuffler activated spitting out the top card. Kota took it and placed it on the blade. Another poof of pink smoke appeared shrouding a section of his field. Once it dissipated, Peten was indeed there again kneeling on his card. He laughed as he took off his large hat and bowed his head. Peten looked up to eye Crowler before sticking his tongue out at him. This only served to piss off the professor even more.

Peten the Dark Clown: DEF/1200

Bastion: "How ingenious. Now no matter what, he'll always have a monster on the field."

Judy: "Way to go, Kota!"

Crowler: "YOU DARE MOCK ME WITH CLOWNS?! I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR SUCH INSOLENCE!"

Kota: "Hey! Clowns take their funny business very seriously. When I duel, I assure you, it's no laughing matter."

Crowler: "Stop. Making. Clown jokes!"

Kota: "Jeez... Someone call the morgue. Tell them this guy's got the sense of humor of a stiff."

Crowler: "Stop joking around! This is an exam! NOT comedy hour!"

Kota: "Well, you're incorrigible."

Crowler: "Just make your move!"

Kota: "Alright, alright. You don't have to shout..." *draws card* "I guess I'll set one card facedown and end my turn."

Crowler: "Then I'll make this quick. I draw, and I'll sacrifice my Ancient Gear Soldier to summon my Ancient Gear Beast!"

Ancient Gear Castle: 2 → 3

Ancient Gear Beast: ATK/2000 → 2300

Crowler: "And now my Ancient Gear Beast will tear your little clown to shreds! Mechanized Pouncer!"

The doctor's new monster leapt forward flying through the air. Peten looked back to Kota with a sad face and waved him goodbye. The giant four-legged monster crushed Peten underneath its paws leaving a flat clown pancake before it exploded into a bunch of digitized pieces. The dog went back to its master who had a large smirk on his face.

Crowler: "If you were thinking about using your clown's effect then you can forget it. Ancient Gear Beast negates the effects of any monster it destroys by battle."

Alexis: "The kid's been good holding his own against Doctor Crowler, but at the rate things are going. He's gonna lose this duel."

Zane: "No. He won't."

Alexis: *visible confusion* "What're you talking about? Crowler's got a powerful monster on the field while Kota has zero monsters on his."

Zane: "Because he's been buttering up Crowler. Getting him riled up."

Alexis: "Are you saying this is his strategy?"

Zane: "Watch what happens next."

Kota: *draws card* "This duel's been so dull."

Crowler: "Excuse me? Are you saying that my skills are not satisfactory?!"

Kota: "Eh. I've seen better."

Crowler pulled out a handkerchief and started to pull on it with his teeth. His face was bright red with fuming fury which is what Kota was hoping for. Alexis watched now understanding what Zane was talking about. He was trying to get him angry, and he got what he wanted. Kota grabbed a monster from his hand and placed it on the disk.

Kota: "I set one monster facedown and end my turn."

Crowler: "I'm going to show you what happens when you anger someone who has a PhD in dueling! I draw! Now go my Ancient Gear Beast! Attack that facedown monster!"

His giant mechanical dog let out a loud metallic roar. It charged forward baring his fangs and claws at the ready. Kota stood there with a smirk on his face. Everything has gone exactly how he wanted it to. Now it was the time to place in the finishing touches before making his real move.

Kota: 'You complete idiot. Your anger has blinded you that now you're attacking my monsters indiscriminately. That was my goal.'

As Crowler's monster drew closer to its target, Kota's facedown monster flipped faceup. It was clown-like in appearance, but different all the same. Its entire body was covered in black tribal markings. It didn't have a human head with two cones making up the "ears" and one bigger cone as the monster's hat. It had two silver earrings with its face being nothing more than a large silver Eye of Wdjat. It has holding up its large purple gloved hands in a protective manner.

Kota: "Dark-Eyes Illusionist's effect activates. Dark-Eyes Magic!"

Just as Ancient Gear Beast was about to claw Kota's monster, Its head spun around like a wheel and its eye started glowing with a purple light. That very light hit Ancient Gear Beast freezing it in place. A large golden eye appeared upon the monster's forehead. That mark emitted dark energy that cascaded all over the mech's body bringing it to heel.

Crowler: "What the-?!"

Kota: "My monster may not have much in terms of raw strength, but that's more than made up for with its effect. Dark-Eyes Illusionist uses the power of its evil eye to paralyze your monsters and prevents them from attacking."

A lot of people in the stands were not as shocked by such as effect, but rather the brazen recklessness on Crowler's part. The good doctor was speechless at the realization of him walking into a trap. Kota's monster spun its head around in a mocking fashion while its eye was still glowing. Alexis was amazed by how Zane was able to guess what was going to happen. Crowler took a look at his hand and saw that he had drawn a Limiter Removal. He took that card and placed it in his duel disk.

Crowler: "I set one card facedown. That... ends my turn."

Kota: "Then I draw." *chuckles* "I think it's about time I took this duel a bit more seriously."

Alexis: "A bit more seriously? Don't tell me he wasn't even trying."

Zane: "It's like I told you. He's been buttering him up. Now he has Crowler right where he wants him."

Kota: "I activate my facedown card. The Ritual spell, Black Illusion Ritual!"

Crowler/Alexis/Judy: 'A RITUAL?!'

Kota: "To invoke the magics of this dark and terrible ceremony, I must make an offering of a single star. I offer my Dark-Eyes Illusionist as the sacrifice."

Black fog began to manifest on the field swirling and congregating into a single spot in front of Kota. The fog shaped and hardened into two spiked sacrificial goblets. Each one was ignited with black and purple fire. In the middle of those was a large golden cauldron with horns atop of it. It had the Eye of Wdjat on the front of the cauldron.

The eye glowed purple unleashing torrents of purple mist around the field. They covered the entirety of Kota's field engulfing his monster and himself within it. The winds suddenly changed as the cauldron and goblets were absorbing the mist. Dark-Eyes Illusionist was sucked into the cauldron along with the remainder of the mist. The time had come for Kota's ace monster to make its entrance.

(A/N: I FINALLY found it! The OST from when Pegasus summoned this great and terrible creature in DM! It will be playing for the rest of the duel. Enjoy~♪)

Kota: "Behold! The unfathomable! The irresistible! The unforgettable! The great and powerful... RELINQUISHED!"

The cauldron grew, changing shape and color, making all sorts of cracking and crunching noises. It grew until it was thirty feet tall to where its body was no longer gold, but black with bony white exoskeleton and two large bony wings. Two massive arms stretched out revealing long sharp claws. The monster's abdomen pulsed at a steady rhythm creating the sound of a heartbeat. Relinquished's head stuck out from its body with a wet, squelching noise with him looking right at Crowler. The stadium gasped at the sight of the monstrous creature. Zane was also taken aback for, not the sight of the monster, but the name that fell upon his ears.

Relinquished: ATK/0

Kota: "Quite the looker, isn't he?"

Judy: "THAT'S SO COOL!"

Syrus: "Cool?! That t-things straight out of m-my n-n-nightmares!"

Bastion: 'It... couldn't be...'

Zane: "Relinquished."

Alexis: "That sounds vaguely familiar. Where have I heard it before?"

Zane: "There's only one place where that monster could have EVER been summoned."

Alexis: "Really? Where?"

Zane: "The information isn't complete, but there are rumors of a monster being summoned with the Black Illusion Ritual spell by Pegasus himself back during the Duelist Kingdom competition."

Alexis: "Pegasus? As in, the CREATOR of Duel Monsters?"

Zane: "That'd be the one."

Alexis: "Then how did this kid get his hands on it?"

Zane: "That's a great question."

Kota: "Relinquished's special ability activates. Hypnotic Attraction!"

Relinquished's beating abdomen stopped for a moment. That was when it closed in on itself, opened up wide, and inside was now a dark shadowy vortex. It started to suck in the air to which the dark energy around Ancient Gear Beast was getting sucked in. That energy pulled the mechanical hound into the vortex. Everyone gasped seeing the horror of the robot dog getting sucked into oblivion. Once it was fully consumed, the abdomen closed in on itself. It reopened to reveal the portal gone, and with it, Crowler's monster.

Crowler: "My--My Ancient Gear Beast!"

Kota: "My turn is over."

Crowler: "Very well then. I draw."

He took a look at the card he drew. It was his ace monster Ancient Gear Golem. He took a look at his other options and saw there wasn't anything else he could do. This was his only option for a chance to turn the tables and beat Kota. 

Crowler: "I'll use the third effect of my Ancient Gear Castle. I can send this card to the graveyard in order to summon an Ancient Gear monster from my hand. The only requirement is that there must the exact or a greater number of tokens on the card for me to use this effect. I will sacrifice my Ancient Gear Castle."

The castle began to crumble with all of the cannon and gears collapsing in on itself. Now laid a large piled of ruble. It started to shake as a light underneath began to glow. The sound of groaning metal came from underneath with rocks and small metal bits falling to the floor. A large fist came out from one side and then another creating a large cloud of dust. 

Crowler: "Behold! The greatest mechanical warrior with the power to decimate entire armies! Join my side and crush our enemy! Arise, Ancient Gear Golem!"

Once again, Crowler's monster rose up to the field. It reminded everyone again of its towering height. Its one red optic locked onto Kota and roared to the applicant. Kota on the other hand wasn't worried one bit. He said he planned on winning, and he was a man of his word.

Ancient Gear Golem: ATK/3000

Everyone now watched as a scene of two monsters seemed to stare down one another. The mighty mechanical behemoth versus the mysterious nightmare made manifest. A tense atmosphere set it for everyone knew. The end of this duel was fast approaching. Zane watched with a neutral expression. He already knew who was going to be the winner of this match. It was a foregone conclusion.

Crowler: "I'll now activate my facedown card Limiter Removal! With this spell card, all of my machine-type monsters have their attack points doubled until the end of the turn. The only thing is that they're destroyed at the end of the turn, but I'm not too worried about that, since I'm ending this duel here and now!"

Ancient Gear Golem: ATK/3000 → 6000

Audience: "6000 ATTACK POINTS?!"

Crowler: "GO, ANCIENT GEAR GOLEM! ATTACK RELINQUISHED WITH MECHANIZED MELEE!"

The giant followed its master's commands pulling its fist back. Crowler had a smirk on his face as the thought of him absolutely trouncing this kid would help him get over his humiliating defeat against Judy. That smirk went away when the sounds of Kota's light laughter filled the air. That quiet laughter grew louder and more crazed giving Crowler a very uneasy feeling. Ancient Gear Golem threw its punch towards Relinquished unaware of what was about to come. 

Kota: "You truly are a fool, Crowler! Go, Sacrifice Shield!"

Relinquished: ATK/0 → 2000

Relinquished followed its commands and folded its bony wings down to cover its body. The right wing rippled and pulsed as something from underneath was being pushed out. The head of Ancient Gear Beast emerged appearing to be fused with Relinquished's own body. The fist of Ancient Gear Golem came crashing down but was intercepted by the fused form of Crowler's Beast. Relinquished created an energy shield absorbing the impact. The feedback from having defended itself against such a powerful attack went straight to Ancient Gear Beast effectively destroying it.

Kota: "Your Ancient Gear Golem destroys Ancient Gear Beast!"

Crowler: "What just happened?! How did your monster gain attack points?! You must be cheating!"

Kota: "It's not cheating, Crowler. It's Relinquished's special ability. He has the power to absorb your monsters to gain their attack and defense points. If he would be destroyed in battle, then the monster absorbed by Relinquished bites the dust in his place."

Crowler: *growls* "It doesn't matter. Since my Ancient Gear Golem had six thousand attack points, you now take four thousand points of damage! I told you I'd end this duel, and now, I've won!"

Kota: "There's something else I should mention..."

Crowler: "HUH?! THERE'S MORE TO YOUR MONSTER'S EFFECT?!"

Kota: "What do you know? He can be taught! Yes, there is. If you were ever to attack Relinquished, like you so STUPIDLY DID! The damage I would have taken is reflected back to you due to friendly fire."

Bastion: "Good lord! That's one powerful ability!"

Crowler: "Wait... So that means..."

Kota: "So long, Crowler~! It's been fun, but I'm afraid that this is the end. GO, RELINQUISHED! SHADOW MAGIC BLAST!"

Relinquished's eye charged up with purple energy aiming it right at Crowler. He looked back and forth seeing that this was it. Another loss was about to be racked up on his record. Two in a row no less. The hulking nightmare unleashed his attack causing a massive explosion at Crowler's feet. It sent the professor flying back quite a bit as the duel has now come to its conclusion.

Crowler: 4000 → 0

The entire stadium went dead silent. They all just witnessed a duel where Kota didn't lose a single life point, but a duel where Kota took out Crowler in a single move. The burgundy haired duelist collected his cards and put his deck back into the deck box. He proceeded to approach Crowler who was still a little shellshocked from his loss. Zane and Alexis looked at each other with Zane cracking a small smile. He had found someone worthwhile to duel against. 

Kota: "You okay there, Professor?

Crowler: "It seems as though I underestimated you, Mr. Izinski. You managed to emotionally compromise me and took advantage of it. Congratulations and welcome to Duel Academy."

Kota: "Thank you, Doctor Crowler."

The two duelists shook hands igniting cheers from the crowds. Everyone proceeded to leave the Kaiba Dome and towards the three helicopters waiting at the helipad. The faculty boarded one, the visiting students boarded the second, and all the new students boarded the third. It was finally time. Time for Kota to begin his journey to become a pro duelist.

Kota: 'I gotta remember to call Dad tonight. Tell him how I trounced a so-called expert dueli-'

Kota's train of thought was interupted by the presence of Judy Yuki making herself known. She dropped next to the seat that Kota was sitting in. The boy opted to sit by the window since he wanted to watch the ocean waves while they travelled. She had that smile that made Kota's heart flutter a bit. He tried to ignore her, but she just got closer, to the point where she was almost in his lap.

Judy: "Hi there~!"

Kota: "Hello again."

Judy: "So... I remembered where I knew your name from."

Kota: 'Oh, boy. Another fangirl.' *sighs* "And just where would that be?"

Judy: "From Yugi! He says hi."

Kota: *mental shatter* 'MOTHERFU-!'

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two is done! WHEW! 15,296 words in total. That's the most I have EVER written! Hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and I'll see you guys next time~!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 76 13
I don't own any of Yu-Gi-Oh! characters and all rights go to Kazuki Takahashi. Summer break is here and the gang are heading to Domino city for their...
194 0 15
Jaden Yuki enrolls to Duel Academy where he ends up making new friends.
1.3K 56 29
It has been five years since Jaden and Lily got married had their children Yusei and Kari Muto Wheeler Yuki. Now it is their turn to go to Duel Acade...