The Unbelievable Crime┆✓

By bora-bish

Start: 14th June, 2022 End: 27th March, 2023 || Most Cherished Rankings: #1 kimnamjoonff #11 rmff #11 namjoon... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Third Murder
Chapter 2: The stone
Chapter 3: That Book
Chapter 4: Ilsan
Chapter 5: Kindergarten
Chapter 6: Kims
Chapter 7: Midnight Snack
Chapter 8: Sherlock Holmes
Chapter 9: Choi Giho
Chapter 10: Found You
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Free or not?
Chapter 13: Tell me
Chapter 14: Mistakened
Chapter 15: Answers
Chapter 16: Screwed for Real
Chapter 17: Give and Take
Chapter 18: Gunshot
Chapter 19: You okay?
Chapter 20: Suffer
Chapter 21: Fishy
Chapter 22: Blood
Chapter 24: Brother
Chapter 25: Drunk
Chapter 26: Deja vu?
Chapter 27: Bruises
Chapter 28: Food and Sleep
Chapter 29: Rain
Chapter 30: An Old Friend
Chapter 31: Talks and Laughs
Chapter 32: Vintage Buildings
Chapter 33: Unfinished Business
Chapter 34: The Great Rescue
Chapter 35: Old Wounds
Chapter 36: Guns and Lies
Chapter 37: A Clear Head
Chapter 38: Favored Sheltered
Chapter 39: Missing Pieces
Chapter 40: The Hyung Card
Chapter 41: Beware Of Snakes
Chapter 42: After So Long
Chapter 43: Gardens with Ponds
Chapter 44: Long Time, No See?
Chapter 45: Training Room
Chapter 46: Gain their Trust
Chapter 47: Accidental Encounters
Chapter 48: It Hurts
Chapter 49: Grown Up
Chapter 50: Song Youngsoo
Chapter 51: Noona
Chapter 52: You Messed Up
Chapter 53: Growing Distance
Chapter 54: Partners
Chapter 55: Useful Works
Chapter 56: Apologies
Chapter 57: Empty Dreams
Chapter 58: Hightime
Chapter 59: Trick or Trust
Chapter 60: Break-in
Chapter 61: Betrayal
Chapter 62: Not Worth It
Chapter 63: The Arrow And The Song
Chapter 64: The Three Spies
Chapter 65: Burning Hopes
Chapter 66: Birth And Death
Chapter 67: Moongazing
Chapter 68: Drunk In Jealousy
Chapter 69: Giggles and Soju
Chapter 70: North America
Chapter 71: Fierce Hatred
Chapter 72: Closed Case
Chapter 73: The Last Puzzle Piece
Chapter 74: Unknown Plan
Chapter 75: The Meeting
Chapter 76: Revenge Games
Chapter 77: The Final Fight
The End
Epilogue

Chapter 23: Journal

38 12 72
By bora-bish

||

~No one's POV~

||

Y/N slips out of the room with the journal in her hand. Jin didn't notice anything missing, mainly because he never paid attention to the things in this room. If he had, he might have found many secrets that Y/N would never wish anyone to know.

That's the problem.

No one looks at things that are not hidden.

Y/N walked upstairs to her room, locking herself in for the rest of the day. First, she cleaned the dusty old book. It had been so many years since it was wedged between the two fairly normal books that there was a thin layer of dust that almost seemed like a cover.

Then she sat by the window and opened the journal to read through the entries. Entries written by her, along with him.

Each entry was simply a sentence, mainly because they didn't have much to write. And not just any sentence, they were sentences that sound crazy but still made sense. All their 3 am thoughts, shower thoughts, sudden epiphanies, scribbled in that journal. It wasn't an account of their life, it was a real-time development of their brain's workings.

The first entries were simple, quirky innocent lines.

||

"Today we studied English. Australia has all its A's pronounced differently. Guess what? Y/N is saying that word over and over again for the last three hours. I hate it."

||

"During our science lecture, we realised when you brush your teeth, you are basically cleaning your skeleton. Y/N is freaking out her milk tooth broke. She says her skeleton broke."

||

"We both were having a paintball fight and we realised it is impossible to imagine a new colour. Our favourite colour was Red and Black anyway. Is any colour better than that?"

||

"I hate maths. Why do people in mathematics buy 60 watermelons and no one asks why? Oppa tore the damn book down. He is still sulking because he was scolded by Appa."

||

"It's nearly morning now but did you ever think the word 'bed' actually looks like a bed. And I am awake because Y/N is sleeping and she kicks really hard, my butt is still hurting."

||

"We were watching Train to Busan when Oppa thought what if aging is a disease and earth is quarantined so no aliens visit us? We are gonna send secret signals to them, just wait."

||

"Some weird history shit. George Washington died in 1799. The first dinosaur fossil was discovered in 1824. George Washington never knew dinosaurs existed. What a shame."

||

But then as Y/N flipped pages the lines became darker and deep. Now, these were her thoughts, her brother's words were no longer seen on the pages.

||

"Sometimes things go so wrong you wish it was a nightmare. Turns out it was, but then you wake up and find that the reality is much worse. And you can't go back to sleep again."

||

"How does it feel when your literal better half is torn apart from you? Make that feeling ten times worse, that's what I felt today. The feeling of emptiness is in my heart and this journal, keep it."

||

"I never thought my first murder would be like this. I thought I'd be disgusted. But I only felt the surge of satisfaction that I finally became a predator. Is that scary? Maybe for my enemies."

||

"When life plays with you, make sure you win. If you lose, the silence of your defeat must be louder than the cheers of the winner. The cheers will drown and your name will ring in that silence."

||

"A smile will take you a long way. But a smile and a gun will take you to places you didn't even know existed. And you'll love it, the feeling of power through your veins. It's beautiful."

||

"The day I ran away, I thought I would come back soon. Now I wish I hadn't, the scene here was too horrifying for me and my new family. I'm scared but I have to stand up for them. To keep them safe."

||

"I have taken over the empire Appa left for me. But how I wish he was still here chasing after me in a car because I ran away to kill his assassin. How lovely."

||

Y/n snapped the book shut, steadying her breathing. Reading her own unfiltered, raw thoughts was much harder when the memories came rushing back. But her defences went up just as faster.

People remember happy memories to comfort themselves. It works. But Y/N didn't want to be comforted saying it's okay. She wanted to remember her worst times, remembering that she got through them. That she didn't crumble into the darkness of her own self but wore it proudly. Her flaws flowed around her like a cape. Her strengths adorned her head like a crown. And together, she faced herself in the mirror as the queen she was.

Once a queen.
Always a queen.

||

Taehyung dropped the fish food one by one into the aquarium. The small pellets floated around before getting gobbled up by one of the fishes.

"Isn't it lovely inside? The three of you together? You know, even I have a brother. We are three brothers. Always together." Taehyung sighed as he pushed the fish food away. He can't overfeed the fish or they would die.

The fishes can't take in too much food, and Taehyung can't take in too much pain.

They both related the most to each other.

"If Namjoon Hyung was here he would cry with happiness. I will try to find a crab around here somewhere, Namjoon Hyung adores crabs." Taehyung chuckled. "He once snuck a crab into the house. And that crab bit Jin Hyung. It was so funny seeing Jin Hyung chasing Namjoon Hyung with a pan."

Taehyung smiled softly.

"It is clearly painful to remember the memories. Why are you being a masochist?" Taehyng turned at the sudden voice.

It was Jimin.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Taehyung asked furrowing his eyebrows. Jimin rolled his eyes, sitting next to Taehyung.

"Masochist means someone who takes pleasure in giving themselves pain." Jimin explained. "You are clearly hurting, but still wanna walk into the memory lane."

"Why on earth are you guys so Shakespeare-like?" Taehyung shook his head. "So complicated."

Jimin looked at the boys near him incredulously. "This was the simplest language anyone could ever use."

"Well not for me," Taehyung snapped.

"Increase your IQ then," Jimin scowled.

"Wait till Namjoon Hyung comes back, he'll show you what is IQ," Taehyung stuck his tongue at Jimin and surprisingly Jimin did the same to him.

Maybe it was because Jimin and Taehyung were both of the same age, or maybe Jimin was heavily sleep-deprived, but he was enjoying this childish moment with Taehyung where he didn't have to worry about anyone hurting Y/N or attacking his family.

"What's his IQ?" Jimin asked.

"148." Taehyung replied proudly.

"Oh." Jimin was suddenly quiet.

"What happened? Scared?" Taehyung laughed at the boy beside him who suspiciously looked like a mochi. If Taehyung hadn't known better, he would think Jimin was an innocent angel.

"My IQ is 128," Jimin mumbled softly, and Taehyung laughed at how cute he looked while sulking.

Jimin was himself surprised that he felt so comfortable around Taehyung. He was usually around the two Kim brothers because he still suspected that the two were sending information about Y/N to the enemies. However, now he wished his suspicion was wrong.

He felt this sudden need to have a friend like Taehyung who would fight with him and join in his craziness. It was weird but for once he wished something for himself rather than his family, to have a best friend.

"What's my IQ?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows, and Jimin laughed at the clueless look on his face.

"You seriously don't know your own IQ?" Jimin began laughing loudly. It seemed like it had been ages since he laughed freely like this.

The two boys joked together, a close friendship forming slowly while Y/N gazed at them fondly from the corner.

||

Vote for President Namjoon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 8.3K 69
"You've decided, here and now, the next time you have the opportunity to be alone and intimate with Yoongi, you won't stop yourself. You are drawn to...
75.3K 3.4K 37
❝ I have been waiting for a century now, just to be with her. ❞ - 𝗝𝗝𝗞 ༺༻ ➳ romance/fantasy/mystery/thriller/melodrama/angst ✦ - HIGHEST RANKING: #...
343K 9K 20
After (Y/N) witnesses a murderer they kidnap her and she is forced to live with 7 boys. Will (Y/N) get out of there ? Or will she fall so deeply in l...
341K 10K 33
Jeon Jungkook who is a mafia boss He leads one of the most biggest mafia group in the whole world. He is feared among all. The most youngest and b...