Blindly Running into Trouble

Bởi everyday_imstumblin

"Basically this story is about Avan who is a blind, grumpy, moody, arro-" "Okay! I think they get your po... Xem Thêm

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
TEASER!! coz i'm cool like that
Chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Blindly Running into Trouble-THE MOVIE!!!
Part I
Part II
Part lll

chapter 13

17.4K 665 108
Bởi everyday_imstumblin

Devon's POV

"Come on man, spare me some money. I'll be your best bud" Kevin nudged my side and I glared at him. Kevin pouted and sulked next to me on the couch. We - actually I was trying to pay attention to the basketball match on the TV but cheap ass here is begging for money to take Anya out for dinner.

The thing is, he already works and gets paid quite a lot. So I don't know why the hell he's bugging me! Does it look I have money to spare?

Kevin opened his mouth but thank the Lord, my cell rang. I hastily picked it up so I wouldn't kill my brother-in-law and then hide the body from Anya. The last thing I want to do is get her angry.

I picked it up to here a bit of shuffling and then "Ow!" I heard a female voice swear and then a loud thump! Who the hell is this?

"Amber, how the hell do you do this?!" Ciara, definitely Ciara.

I took this time to speak "Hello"

"Devon! Yes, Hi. Um, is Avan home?" She asked, he voice was wavering a little.

"Yes he is"

"Excellent. I need you to pick me up from my house" I raised an eyebrow, "Why, you could just walk like you always do" I mentally scoffed, like I would be her cab driver. I've learnt that with Ciara, you better draw a line or else she would use you. Just the way Avan is giving her free piggy back rides, but in his defense he is in lo-"Yeah that can't happen. See I'm a bit at a...disadvantage-Mother Beeper-" I heard her groan in pain. Kevin was looking at me curiously and I just mouthed 'Ciara" and he understood.

"You okay?" this sounds like typical Ciara...you have no idea what she's doing.

"Yeah, perfectly fi-"Sudden crashes and groans travelled through the phone, and then "Stupid dog! Devon you still there" Ciara sounded breathless, "I'm here" I smacked Kevin's hand when it was going after my wallet on the coffee table.

"Right, I need you to pick me up and I will explain everything." I mentally groaned, "Fine, I'm on my way" I got off the couch and made my way to the front door "Also I need you to come pick me up from the door" Ciara said that really quickly so I didn't have time to argue.

This time I let out a loud groan, the things I do for Avan. I shook my head and went to my car; I got to Ciara's house and went to the door. Knocking I waited and waited...and waited. Annoyed I lift my hand to knock again but then the door opened to reveal a hot beauty.

I let out a low whistle, while checking her out. She had brown hair draped over her shoulders, surrounding her heart shaped face. Her body was perfectly curved, just the way I like it in girl; she wasn't too small but just the right height for me.

But what caught my attention were her dark grey eyes, I could just stare at them all day.

I put on a seductive smirk that all the ladies like and huskily said "Where have you been all my life?" I took her delicate hand and plated a lingering kiss on it. The girl didn't seem affected, she pulled her hand back and retorted "Staying away from likes of you" my face fell and she smirked. Before I could say anything Ciara came crashing in...literally.

She fell to the floor next to the beauty and also a dog. That dog has the same handle and leash as Avan's seeing eyed dog, but why would this beauty have it...

My eyes widened in realization, I didn't know Ciara had a blind cousin.

"Help me up Devon" Ciara growled, I snapped out of my staring to help the poor flailing girl on the floor. I then saw a blindfold on Ciara's face, raising an eyebrow I asked "Uh Ciara...why are you wearing a blindfold?"

"Because" she paused and then iron gripped my arm, I tried not to wince but damn this girl's got a grip "I want to see how it would be like if I was blind for a day."

"I told her it was a stupid idea, but she just wouldn't listen to me" the hot chick shrugged. Okay I have to know her name, "Your face is stupid" Ciara huffed.

"It's Devon right?" I snapped my attention to her "Yes"

"Am I rolling my eyes properly?" I looked in her eyes and saw that she could actually do it "Yep" Ciara stuck her tongue out, turned around and started walking but then stopped when she realised she didn't know where she was going. One thing for sure, it wasn't the way to my car.

Ignoring her I looked to her cousin "So babe, since you know my name how about telling me yours" I asked with an arrogant smirk. Ciara's cousin sweetly smiled and then the next then I know, I'm staring at a door. I blinked twice.

She dare slam the door on Devon Jackson!

Grrr!

I'm definitely going to make her mine now!

"I'll talk to you later then" I shouted at the close door and then turned around.

"Ciara?" my brow furrowed in confusion, "Ciara?" I called out a little louder but still I had no answer. I think I lost Avan's future girlfriend. Now how do I tell him? I was contemplating ways on how to break this bad news to him when I suddenly heard a scream and a crash; I shook my head and groaned.

Good Lord what has Avan got his family into...

***

Ciara's POV

"Well I'm sorry that she's a crazy chick who thinks that blindfolded people will come after her!" I screamed at Devon as he parked the car.

"You could have just taken of the blindfold and explained it to her, not chase her like a zombie" Devon argued. "She was getting on my nerves" I muttered in return and then got out of the car. Devon followed and soon was heading to the door because his footsteps were fading.

"Oi! I don't know where the door is? Do you want another incident to happen like the last one?" I growled at him, I could hear a groan and then a hand gripping my arm and dragging me to the front door, I assume.

Being blind for a day was not really a good idea, but I shall make it through the day if it's the last thing I do!

Even if I must suffer with the many bruises on my legs, since I knocked into a lot of things at home. Also there was a wall in the hallway that I never noticed before when I could see...let's just say I learnt the hard way, I hope my red forehead had gone back to normal.

Devon pushed me inside and led me to the family room; I only knew this because of the turns we made. "You know Devon, I am a girl and girls bruise easily" I told him and then hit his hand which was another bad idea because now I'm lost.

"Ciara is that you?" Avan asked, he sounded low so he must be sitting on a couch or something.

"Avan keep talking" I grinned, then put my hand out and started to navigate my way towards him. I may have kicked and bumped into a few objects until I finally came to the couch. "Ciara what are you doing this time? And why does it sound like your knocking into everything?" Avan...he is so smart.

I felt the couch with my hands and then started to make my way around it, all the while keeping my hands on the couch. "I have decided to act blind for a day" I told him, fully concentrating in making my way to Avan.

"Yeah, so she asked me to go get her from her house, which reminds me, Ciara what's your cousin's name?" Devon asked curiously. I didn't like his tone, it sounded like he wanted to get with Amber...so I lied to him.

"Momo" if Devon calls Amber that, she will never talk to him again. I remember the first day I gave her that nickname...it was the last day I ever used it again. Ah good memories...the hospital staff were very nice people when they were treating me.

"That's...original" he sounded perplexed but didn't say anything else. Now back to making my way to Avan, I finally felt his legs. I moved my hands up to grip his arms for support and then I plopped myself on his lap and gave him a hug.

"Uh Ciara"

"Yes Devon" I grinned and then frowned.

I squeezed Avan's arms and it seems to me it has gone squishy, not the same hard biceps I felt before. "Um Avan...not to be mean or anything but your arms have gone flabby" Someone gasped, I didn't know who it was, maybe someone was already in here? But I did know that Avan and Devon were laughing.

"Why are you laughing Avan? You'll go jiggly if you let your body stay like this" I scolded him and poked him in the stomach. I gasped "What happened to your abs?! There gone!"

No, No, NO!

This is not happening!

NOT AVAN'S ABS!!

"You've got a pot mini belly! Why!" I began to cry and then I was suddenly pushed off his lap. I landed on my ass on the floor "Hey what you do that for?!" I shouted and then started to rub my sore bum.

"For your information-" That didn't sound like Avan "-Anya makes really good food that I can't resist, so it's not my fault that it stayed in my body!"

"Um...Kevin?" I asked tilting my head in a confused way.

"Yes" he growled and then started to walk away; it was hard not to notice since he was stomping. Avan and Devon were still laughing, very hard might I add. "Awkward..." thank God I was blindfolded, I wouldn't want to see Kevin's glare.

I went on all fours and crawled my way to Avan, listening to the sound of his laughter. My head bumped into legs, I patted my arms on them and asked "This is Avan right?" to answer my question, familiar strong arms easily picked me up from the floor and placed me on their lap.

I laid my head on Avan's chest which was still rumbling from little chuckles, "Do you think Kevin's alright?" I softly asked. "He'll be fine, probably off to find Anya." Avan started to rub my back slowly "So what's this idea of you being blind?"

"Oh I have decided to see what it would be like to be blind for a day, so from the moment I woke up, I put on the blindfold and did my daily things...but then I had to take it off to bath and put on my clothes because that would have been awkward to walk outside with mismatching clothes" I nervously giggled and Avan chuckled.

"But I did put it on after that and I did have breakfast with it on" I sounded so proud of myself, I just didn't tell Avan that I accidentally pushed my plate of the table and poured juice on Fido instead in my glass. All in all, breakfast was a failure and Aunt Clara was more than happy for me to leave the house.

So I broke her favorite China, I'll buy a new one in Walmart. I don't know what she's complaining about.

Women...

"Only you Ciara...only you" I had no idea what Avan meant so I just let it go. "You know, you are going to teach me how to walk around the house without hitting things" I told him and then started to rub my face in his chest like a cat. I would so be purring right now if I was one.

"Stop that Kitty, or else I'm going to have to take you to my room" his voice went deep and husky as he tipped my chin up with his finger and brushed against my lips.

"Good idea!" I jumped up from his lap, I was so excited that I somehow managed to grab his hands and pulled him up. "Take me to your room!" I exclaimed. "What!" Avan sounded bewildered, hmm I wonder why?

"Come on, take me to your room" Avan took hold of my hand and started pulling me, "Wait, you have to help me make my way there. I want to do it be able to walk by myself, remember I'm being blind for a day" I shook my head at Avan, silly boy.

"Okay?" aww I never noticed how adorable he sounds when he's confused. It's amazing what you can sense when you cover your eyes. "Let's start, where am I currently" I asked with my hands out in front of me. "You are in the family room, now since you've been here before; I want you to picture where everything is" Avan told me, so I created an image of the room in my head from past experience from being here.

"Okay" I nodded once I did that, "Now tell me where you are" he asked, "I am by the couch" I replied.

"Correct, now with that, walk around it and try not to use your hands" I pouted but listened to what he said, ever so slowly I walked around the couch, instead of using my hands to see I was putting my leg out and feeling my way. In a way I was cheating but eh, what can you do?

We continued on with this, I had less bumps and bruises thanks to the help of Avan. We made our way to Avan's room and I stood in the middle and shouted "I did it!" Avan came up behind me and wrapped his hands around my waist, "Now that we are in my room alone, why don't we continue where we left off..." He nipped at my neck, up to my ear and started to nibble my earlobe.

I lowly moaned, "I actually had other ideas but if you want to continue, I'm sure I could do that" I was so disappointed in Avan, I thought we could cuddle here in his room, but since he wants to continue on with my training, I won't complain.

Avan groaned and muttered something like 'finally'; he flipped me around and trailed kisses from my neck to my jaw line. He was getting closer to my lips, but as much as I wanted this to kiss to happen so badly, I will wait until he wants to. Why are you torturing me Avan!

Before he reached my lips, I said "I guess we could go to the kitchen next" I struggled getting those words out, dammit I wanted to kiss that boy!

"Wait, but I thought you wanted to..." Avan stopped and pulled back, he sounded confused. "Wanted to?" I asked while peeking through the blindfolds, he opened his mouth and then closed it. Then he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, and muttered something like 'she's not ready yet.' What am I not ready for? What the hell is he talking about?

"Alright, let's make our way to the kitchen" he sounded strained, but I thought that this is what he wants. I sighed and followed him, since when did guys get so complicated?

***

We continued my training to be blind for 2 more hours and in that time; I crashed into a few lamps, walls, chairs, tables, people, and dog and stepped on a cat's tail. I say it was definitely an improvement from my house. Avan said I was hopeless, so he lent me Jasper he's Seeing Eye dog.

"See, you're doing great" Avan complimented, yeah no...I've been cheating.

"Um Avan, I ditched the blindfold about an hour ago" I sheepishly smiled "Ever since I tripped and pulled De-"

"Oi you can't tell him that!" Devon came running in the room with slightly pink cheeks. I turned to Avan and spoke really quickly "Ever since I tripped and pulled Devon's pants down" I hid behind Avan as Devon advanced on me. Avan began to chuckle which soon turned into laughter "Ciara!" Devon growled, "What, it's not my fault that you actually wear red heart underwear!" I moved right of Avan when Devon went to the left.

"No I don't!"

"I really didn't think those existed" I had a dazed look but I was still moving away from Devon. "It's nothing to be ashamed of Devon" Avan said with a snicker and safely kept me out of reach of his older brother.

Devon threw his has up in frustration "I give up!" he stomped away but before leaving he had the last say "I will get my revenge Ciara, mark my words" with one more glare he turned.

"Your brother is crazy" I told Avan and cuddled in his chest. Avan snorted, "You're crazy"

"But you wouldn't have it any other way, right?" I looked up at him. "Uh yes, if I could change that about you, then I would" I glared at him and then turned around and walked away with Avan calling after me.

That's right Avan, beg for my forgiveness!

***

ummm, i dont know what to write here...so imma go :)

wish me luck on surviving the day

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.1M 130K 65
Lady Eliza Turner has no interest in finding herself a wealthy husband, she has her books, her best friend Charlotte, and plenty of opinions on what...
1.5M 78K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
19.9K 953 43
At sixteen, Princess Brienna of Connaught is sent by her father to become ward to King Llewellyn, ruler of the mist-shrouded Welsh kingdom of Gwynedd...
910K 36.3K 45
** #1 in Mortal ** 9/30/20 ** ** #3 in Fantasy ** 7/8/18 ** ** #6 in Highschool **10/14/18 ** ** #6 in Gods **6/21/20 ** What happens when your famil...