ยนREDEMPTION โฅ klaus mikaelson

By Anna6307

๐‘๐ž๐๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง - BOOK 1 in the ๐˜™๐˜š๐˜œ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ. ๐Ÿ“ผ๏ฟฝ... More

โฅintroduction
โฅgraphic gallery
โฅpart i
โฅcast
o
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
โฅpart ii
โฅcast
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxx
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvi
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
BOOK 2

xliii

992 35 36
By Anna6307

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XLIII

Why would you think that?

The Mikaelson house, or more like just the currently undaggerable brother's art studio, was, unexpectedly, filled with an air of excitement.

The reason behind it was also quite simple.

A certain Wright.

But not the one he was in a relationship with but the one who was the most shocking revelation to him.

Brie Wright sat giggling, her legs dangling from the table she was perched upon, trying to balance a paint brush atop her pouting lips.

He shook his head to himself with an amused smile, but kept his eyes fixated on the canvas before him as his hands smoothly glided the tip of the brush across the serene backdrop.

The click-click of heels coming from the lounge and slowly increasing in volume prompted him to avert his eyes to the doorway as he stalled in his way, his hand pausing mid-air as his senses too paused.

"So, how do I look?"

It took him a moment to catch on to those words before he hastily replied, "Good- I mean so good."

She actually looked too good for his senses, giving off a vibe of extreme innocence and simpleness.

It was quite difficult to comprehend her in such a new state. She even seemed to be a completely different person.

"You okay?"

He was pulled back into reality by her serene voice.

"Yeah." he nodded quickly, stepping ahead to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"So, what are you guys doing?" Lucy asked excitedly , moving forward to look at his canvas.

"Oh my god." she let out a loud gasp of surprise, finally catching the little girl's attention.

"What? What?" Brie asked curiously, hopping off the table and looking at her mother expectantly.

"Oh my god, Brie." she continued with exaggerated surprise, "Come look at this!"

She ran to her mother excitedly, extremely curious to find out the object of her mother's talking and skidded to halt next to as her mother gushed at the painting before them.

"Is this you, sweetie?"

She let out a sequel of happiness, literally jumping in her place as she looked at a painting of herself dressed as Elsa from Frozen standing beside a huge ice castle.

"You made it!" Brie skipped to Niklaus, still jumping in happiness. "Thank you! Thank you so much!"

He chuckled softly to himself, crouching down to her level, "Well, how could I deny any of your wishes, little one?"

An involuntary smile crept up the little girl's face and she skipped back to gush at the painting as Lucy reached Niklaus' side.

"Oh, I see," Lucy began in a serious voice, although it held a hint of amusement, "this is quite the way of making yourself her favourite. Nice, nice, keep going."

"Ooh, jealous much." he smirked at her.

"Very much. I'm her favourite."

"Well, get ready to lose your position then."

"Haha. We'll see."

"Okay, listen, do you mind if I give this painting to the Winter Wonderland?" he asked, changing the topic.

"Oh, no. No, it's fine. I think it'll be okay. She loves the painting, I think she'll be fine with it. Lemme ask her."

"Hey, sweetie?" she called out, making Brie turn to her. "Do you mind if this painting goes to a big exhibition?"

"Really?" her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Mmhm."

"Yess!"

"It's final then." Nik flashed her a smile, giving two thumbs ups.

"Can we go see it, pleaseee?" Brie pouted at her mother, trying to convince her knowing very well how her outings had been cutted short since they came to this town.

"We can all go together?" Niklaus suggested as Lucy shrugged in a that's-okay way.

"Yay!"

The little girl rejoiced in happiness, making him turn to Lucy and whisper a very smug "Favourite."

"Hmph. You wish." she snorted. "I'm her favourite."

"Looks like quite a gathering, doesn't it?" a newer voice surprised them as the pair turned to see Stefan standing by the doorway, his expression surprisingly neutral.

Lucy, all too aware of the situation, took a subtle step away from Niklaus, trying to put a respectable distance between them.

"Hi, Stefano." Lucy passed him a strained smile, feeling somewhat guilty for doing exactly the opposite of what he had said. And maybe, in his eyes, conspiring with the.... enemy?

Stefan's name caught Brie's attention as she snapped her head towards the adults, and a sequel of happiness left her mouth on seeing her favourite uncle standing there.

"Uncle Stefan!" she exclaimed happily, skidding to a halt in front of the said person momentarily before he picked her up with a joyous laugh, and twirled her once eliciting in a giggle from her.

"I take back my words." Lucy whispered, tipping her head to Niklaus' side. "He is her favourite."

"Little B, what are you going here?" Stefan asked playfully, booping Brie on the nose.

She just angry-pouted at him, crossing her arms. "You tell me first, why didn't you come to play with me yesterday?"

"Sorry?" he made a pout of his own, holding an ear with one hand and balancing her with the other.

"Liar." Brie huffed, turned her head away in a I'm-angry-with-you motion.

Niklaus and Lucy stifled a laugh.

"Seriously, sorry. I was veryyy busy." he said the usual you're-talking-to-a-child voice, trying to coax her.

"No." she huffed again, turning her head the other side this time, her lips pursed in anger.

"You and mom always leave me alone to go to your parties in this town. I don't like this place." she complained, wiggling in her place and making him place her back on her feet, with her back turned to him and that angry pout still etched on her face.

Stefan sent an awkward look to Lucy who in turn just shrugged and gave him a it's-on-you-now look.

"Come on, it's not like that."

He tried his shot, going to crouch in front of her.

"It is." she huffed, turning the other way. "You both are bad."

"Okay." Stefan said after a moment. "It is true. But I think me and your mom can make it up to you for this. How about I say I've something you like very much with me right now."

"Yeah, Brie." Lucy piped up, sharing an amused look with Nik.

Brie's complaints about this town were quite true. She hated this place where her mother always used to leave her alone at home. Florida was better. They used to go there everywhere together only.

Normally, Lucy would have interfered but it was too much fun seeing Stefan convince the little girl when a few minutes later (probably) she is to be hearing from everything to nothing regarding her and Klaus. And obviously about why Klaus has met Brie.

It was gonna be a mess (for her).

Might enjoy this moment at least.

"No." Brie huffed, turning further away from him.

"How about I say I've your favourite toy car with me right now?"

Stefan watched as her pout slowly started diminishing for a moment, but came back the next second only.

"No."

"How about I say that the favourite toy car that I've with me right now is of a shiny silver colour?"

Still a "No."

He heard Lucy snicker in the background but did nothing but throw her a half-hearted glare.

"How about it being remote controlled?"

Brie stalled. She was mulling over the offer now.

"How big is it?"

"Umm, bigger than a football."

"Okay." she said, flipping her hair. "It'll work."

A grin broke up on his face. Finally.

"Deal then." he grinned widely. "How about you go take it from my car?"

"Okay. Deal. Bye, Mom. Bye, Nik." she grinned back and skipped out happily. Children.

"So," Stefan let out an exaggerated sigh. "Nik."- he nodded his head fake-impressed-"I thought it would be 'dad' for her. Right, Lucy?"

Lucy suppressed a groan, and settled with an overly-sweet smile.

Was her guilt slowly turning into annoyance (and anger) towards Stefan? Maybe yes.

"No, Stefan. Why would you think that?"

Her tone held such extreme sarcasm that Stefan's eyes narrowed to slits.

Klaus intervened before an argument could spark off because of, well, him.

"What brings you here, Stefan? Something particular?"

"I'm here to talk about the sword." he said coolly, finally averting his eyes to Klaus.

"I'll take your leave then." Lucy said, her mouth turned into a cocky grimace.

"You can stay, Lucy. It's no problem." Stefan passed her a tight-lipped smile.

"I don't want to stay. And I'll do whatever I want, no matter your beliefs. So thanks, but no thanks."

And with that she turned on her feet, daring to give Niklaus a peck on the lips before leaving the room, her words hanging in the air even after she was gone.

'I'll do whatever I want, no matter your beliefs.'

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Another Winter Wonderland was on the way this time around the year.

Mystic Grill was glowing with the sparkly white snowflakes and the fake snowmans, and people were bustling the place with their chatter and liveliness.

"That was quite a daring move." Niklaus hummed with an impressed look on his face, taking a sip of his drink.

"What move?" Lucy asked, fluttering her eyes in faux innocence.

"Oh," he grinned mischievously, "you don't remember? Maybe I should imitate it then.."

"I remember." she nodded, with a mischievous glint in her eye. "No need for the imitation, Mr. Mikaelson."

"If you say so." he narrowed his eyes playfully for a moment. "But, seriously I was shocked. Did Stefan say anything yet?"

"Not to me." she shook her head. "Something to you?"

"No." he shrugged carelessly. "Just the usual 'stay away from my sister' threats. Nothing more."

"I'm sorry for that. He shouldn't be behaving like this. He's just dead set on declaring you the villain of the town and not to be interacted with."

"It's alright." he waved it off with a chuckle.

"No it's not. Stefan is just-" she heaved a heavy sigh,"-so ardent on like 'Klaus is the bad guy'. He's just, I don't know, not okay with the prospect of me being with you or more particularly anyone from his friend circle to be socialising with you. I'll talk to him and I'll make him understand. This isn't done. He couldn't possibly be stuck on 'Klaus is the bad guy'. I'll make him understand."

"But, love, I'm the bad guy." Niklaus smirked. "Stefan's right."

"Wow, he's right now?" she said with faux appreciation. "Well, then, according to him we shouldn't be together then."

"Okayyy." he raised his hands in defence before softly pulling her in a sort of side hug, squeezing her shoulder in a way to comfort. "I was just kidding. Stefan will eventually come around."

"He's being the high school bitch." Lucy sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. "Maybe he secretly likes you and is jealous of seeing us together."

"Uh, no." he laughed. "He would, like, never."

"Didn't you guys kiss in the twenties once?" Lucy teased with a wink.

"Uh, no. We did not."

"Did."
"Did not."
"Did."
"Did not."
"Did."
"Did not."
"Did."

"Okayyy." he said a little loudly, making a grin erupt on her face. "Even if we did, I don't remember, fine? Now let's go check on Brie. She's been alone for long now."

"Haha." she teased as he undraped his hand from her shoulders and started walking out, prompting her to follow. "I always knew something must have happened sometime before between you both."

"Let's go." he insisted, speaking over her, ardent on changing the topic.

"Seriously, I knew it." Lucy sequeled like a ten-year who was given a candy. "You guys. Just awesome. I always knew Stefan had it in him."

"Okay," he began in a playful warning tone, "can you please close that topic now."

"Uh," she pretended to think for a moment before sticking her tongue out at him, "nopes."

"Lucy." he said in an almost whining tone, making Lucy giggle loudly.

"Oh god. You look so cute right now."

A trail of butterflies erupted in his stomach as her fingers pinched his cheeks like someone would do to a toddler, and moments later they tinted a shade of red as a blush started rising up his neck.

A throat cleared behind them, making the attention shift and he was almost grateful for the distraction.

Never in his thousand years of existence did Niklaus Mikaelson imagined someone else making him this flustered with just a simple touch as this.

"Um, hi." Hayley passed them a timid smile, her eyes shifting between the two. "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure." Niklaus said, almost 'nicely', the effects of the encounter seconds earlier still lingering.

"In private." she added, turning her eyes to Lucy.

"Yeah, okay." Lucy nodded with a polite smile.

"I'll see where Brie is." she said to Nik, passing him a smile which was only reserved for him.

He smiled back, another trail of butterflies erupting in his stomach.

"Yeah, what is it?" he turned to Hayley, that smile still on his face. Today felt different.

But, Hayley's words were enough to make him realise that today actually was different. So bloody different.

━━━━━━✰━━━━━━

A/n:

Seriously, there is so much work load nowadays that it is difficult to write. Even my exams starts from around 25 July.
Also, I've been getting this excessive desire to read high school crime thriller books.
I've already read ALL YOUR TWISTED SECRETS and HOW SHE DIED, HOW I LIVED and I'm now on THIS LIE WILL KILL YOU (almost 100+ pages in).

But, don't worry, I'm not gonna abandon you for months. Weekly updates are a must on my schedule. And I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR THE END OF SEASON 4. 🧠☠️👐🙌.

Until then,
Ripahhhhhhhhhh.

Word Count : 2204

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 101 12
Yet another 'Klaus gets resurrected' story but can you really blame me? Klaus comes back to life in December 2030 and immediately goes to Kol and D...
53.1K 1.6K 19
The Vampire Diaries Season One to TBD Soulmate AU Kol Mikaelson x OC
225K 7K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
110K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life โ–ชโ–ชโ–ช the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...