The New Kid: Will Cipher x Ge...

By PowerfulPisces

Y/N never wanted to leave. If it weren't for their parents' stupid jobs, they would be chilling with their be... More

Key
Texting
Meeting Will/Meeting Y/N
Thinking of Friends
The Tent of Telepathy
The Party
Beneath the Stars
So Many Gideons!
A/N
Surprise!
Looking for Answers (And Will)
Getting to Know Each Other
An Invitation
Monsters Like Candy Too
Weird Feelings
A Deal

First Day on the Job

70 0 1
By PowerfulPisces

Y/N's pov:

      I walked my way to the Mystery Shack, thinking of my new job. Scratch that, I was worrying about my new job. 

      I never really had a job before. I would rather spend time with my friends then flip burgers at McDonalds'. And I rub people the wrong way sometimes, not just with Gideon. If I slip up, Bud might call off the deal and tell my parents, and I'd be in big trouble.

       I was still worrying when I got inside the Mystery Shack. There weren't a lot of customers right now, but seeing them didn't make me less nervous. It made me worse.

       "Hi, Y/N!" Pacifica exclaimed. "Are you here for your new job?"

       "Yeah, how did you know about that?" I asked. Please don't hate me, I thought.

       "Bud told me." She noticed my worried face. "Hey, it's not going to be so bad. Gideon and I work here part-time, so we can show you the ropes."

       "Thanks." I gave a small smile.

        As Pacifica showed me around the Shack, I asked, "Hey, sorry about the kitchen. It was kinda the only thing I think of that would get rid of the monsters."

       "Hey, it's okay," she said. "Sure, it's going to be a pain getting through the kitchen, but at least the monsters aren't here anymore."

       "Is Gideon mad at me?" I asked. 

       "Because of the kitchen? Sure, he's annoyed, but he's not mad at you."

       I gave a sigh of relief. 

       "So, is there anything I should know about my job?" I asked. 

       "Be nice to the tourists, try not to make everyone hate you, do your best, and always wear a smile!" Pacifica exclaimed, slapping a sticker on my cheek.

         I peeled it off. The sticker had a smiling cat that said, "You can do it!" 

        "Uh, thanks," I said, giving a small smile. "It's really-Ow!"

        I looked down at my feet to find a chicken. It was pecking at my ankle, and it felt like I was having doctors stabbing shots into me.

        "Ow, ow!" I exclaimed, grabbing my ankle to stop the pain.

        "Clucks, stop doing that!" Pacifica scooped up the chicken, petting its white feathers. It immediately snuggled against Pacifica's chest.

         "Ow..." I moaned rubbing my ankle. Luckily, my ankle wasn't bleeding. 

         "Sorry about that, Y/N," Pacifica said. "I didn't knows Clucks would peck you."

         "It's okay," I said through gritted teeth. Even though my ankle would say otherwise.

         "Anyway, this is Clucks. Clucks, this is Y/N. Now don't peck Y/N  again, okay Clucks?"

          "You have a pet chicken?" I asked. 

          "Yeah, isn't he the best? Anyway, I better show you how we do things around here."

          For the next few minutes, Pacifica showed me around the Shack. There was only two places that customers go to, but it was nice for Pacifica to still show me around.

        "Thanks for showing me around, Pacifica." She just finished her tour.

        "Aw, thanks! Hey, if you want you can-"

       "Y/N! I need your help with something!" I heard Robbie call.

       "I should get going, you know?" I said to Pacifica.

       "Yeah. By the way, you can call me Paz!"

       I grinned. "Okay, Paz!"

      I hurried over to the cash register. Robbie was waiting, tapping his fingers on the counter.

      "Y/N, can you restock the vending machine?" he asked.

      "Sure," I replied. "Where's the stuff?"

     "Right here!" Robbie took out two crates, both filled to the rim with junk food.

     "Thanks." I took one of the crates and walked my way to the vending machine.

      As I put the junk food away, I heard the front door bell ringing.

      "Hey, Robbie! You're still going to hang at the junkyard?" It sounded like a girl.

      I turned to find a redhead leaning against the wall closest to Robbie. She seems familiar...Then it hit me. She was the rude redhead from the party! I quickly turned back to restocking the vending machine.

       "Like I would miss spraypainting on all those old cars?" Robbie chuckled. "Please, that'll happen when I'm boring."

        "Like that would ever happen."

        I put away a bag of cool ranch Doritos as they were talking. Seeing the bag made me think of Will. I wonder what he was doing right now. Maybe he's making flower crowns right now. Maybe he's making a f/c one for me. I blushed at the thought of that, and my heart started beating faster.

       I soon finished the first crate. I went back to get the other. I was about to walk back to the vending machine when something stopped me.

        "Hey, who're you?" Wendy asked.

        I stopped. I was a little annoyed about how rude she was at the party. I'm not that short.

        "Oh, this is Y/N," Robbie said. "Y/N, this is Wendy, one of my friends."

       "Hey, aren't you the shrimp from the party?" Wendy asked.

       I narrowed my eyes. "Yeah, but I'm not a shrimp. I'm y/h."

       "You guys met at the party?" Robbie asked.

      "Yeah, they were looking for you." Wendy twiddled with her hoodie aglets.

      "Anyway, I should finish restocking." I walked back to the vending machine.

      The rest of the morning I spent cleaning up messes or restocking stuff. It wasn't really boring, because I thought of Will while doing it. His small smiles, his blue-black hair, his shyness. Just thinking of his face made my heart beat a little faster.

      Right now I'm on a lunch break with Pacifica and Gideon. We were sitting on the front porch, soaking in the sunshine. Don't worry, I brought a lunch sack with me.

      "So, how was work?" Pacifica smiled.

      I gave a small grin. "It wasn't that bad, actually. I thought I was going to deal with customers, but restocking stuff's better."

      "How come?" Gideon looked up from his book.

       I sighed. "Well, I'm not really much of a people person. I like hanging out with people I know well, but that's about it."

      "Well, you're hanging out with us." Pacifica put her hand on my shoulder. "So maybe you're a little bit of a people person?"

       I shrugged. "Hey Gideon, where were you guys while I was working?"

      "Uh...we were doing puzzles! Upstairs!" Gideon scratched his hat in nervousness. "That's it! Yep, nothing suspicious at all!"

      Pacifica sent Gideon a confused look, probably identical to mine. I wonder what Gideon was hiding from me. Did it have something to do with his weird journal? Or his theory about the Gleefuls?

      We were heading back inside the Shack when I turned to Pacifica. "Hey," I whispered. "What's the deal with Dipper and Gideon?"

      Pacifica glanced around her to check if anyone was listening. Then she whispered, "They're in some sort of rivalry. Dipper's like one of the most popular people around here, so he expects everyone to treat him like a prince. Gideon doesn't really do that. He always stands up to Dipper, which doesn't make him too happy."

      "So Dipper hates Gideon because his ego can't handle someone who doesn't worship him?" I scoffed. "Wow. A point of maturity for him."

      "Yeah, you have to be careful," Pacifica continued. "He can make your life difficult if you cross him. So it's best to stay on his good side."

      I think back to the party, when I ran away from Dipper without answering his question. Crap, I think. If it isn't enough that I'm the new kid, I now have a target on my back. Great job me.

      Robbie went back to working. Gideon was chilling by the cashier counter near his crush. Pacifica had gone upstairs to check on Clucks. I was sitting near Gideon checking my texts.

Y/N: Hey guys! How are you doing?

Jake: Not a whole lot. Jess and I went to the fair a few days ago.

      He soon sent a pic of him and Jessica arm hugging each other in front of the cotton candy machine.

      I felt a pang of loneliness. Sure, they can hang out, but I really miss them. What if they spend so much time with each other they forget about me? Or what if I forget about them?

      I snapped out of my thoughts when the door opened abruptly. Standing there was Mabel. I was surprised that she was here. With her blue and black designer clothes, she looked out of place in the Shack.

      The long-haired brunette sashayed over to Gideon. "Hi, Gideon," she purred. "Did you miss me?"

      Gideon rolled his eyes. "Now is not the time, Mabel."

      "Gideon, are you from Tennessee? 'Cuz you're the only 10 I see."

      "I'm from California." Gideon got up to walk away.

      Mabel followed him. "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put U and I together." She winked.

      "Mabel, I already told you I'm not interested."

      "You must be exhausted, because you've been running through my mind all day."

       "Hey, the door for people who are annoying is that way." Gideon pointed to the Shack's front door.

       Mabel's smile faltered a bit, but she soon regained it. "Well, are you Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."

       Was Mabel really this clueless? I can't believe she's so dense that she can't see that Gideon's not into her. I glanced to see if anyone around was seeing this. Robbie was too busy with the customers and the customers were busy looking at stuff. Pacifica was still upstairs.

      Before I could think twice, I stood up and narrowed my eyes at Mabel. I placed my hands on my hips. "Hey, Mabel!"

       She turned. "What do you want, L/N?"

       "Uh..." I trailed off. What was I even going to say?

       "You're wasting my time." Impatience flickered on her face.

      An idea came to my head. Mabel was about to turn away from me when I said, "Hey, are you a fire alarm? Because you're loud and annoying right now!"

       Mabel spun around. Her blue eyes blazed like fire. As she walked towards me, I could feel anger radiating off of her.

       She leaned in close. I held my breath. What was she going to do to me?

        "Listen, L/N," Mabel whispered coolly. "Around here, no one ticks me, or my brother, off. You better think twice before talking to me again." Then she left the Shack.

       I took a shaky breath of relief when she left. Then I froze. I now have another enemy around here. Why am I always ticking people off? And how did she know about me being Dipper's enemy?

       "Hey, Y/N?" Gideon's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

        "Yeah?"

        "Are you okay? Did Mabel say something to you?" His face was full of concern.

       "Uh, don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

       "Ok." A little silence followed. Then he said, "Hey, thanks for helping me with Mabel back there. She doesn't go away easily."

       I smiled. "You're welcome."

       "By the way, if you need help from the Gleefuls, I'm here to help." He gave a small grin.

        I nodded. It wasn't long before we went back to what we were originally doing. Melody soon gave me the job of taking the trash out.

         I was lugging the trash bag to the dumpster when I saw him.

        "Will?" I asked in surprise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 34.1K 61
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.1M 50.2K 96
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 18.6K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
326K 12.7K 42
แ€ค Fic แ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ€กแ€›แ€™แ€บแ€ธแ€›แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€…แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ แ€กแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€กแ€”แ€พแ€ฏแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฝแ€ฑแ€€แ€ญแ€ฏแ€žแ€ฌแ€žแ€ฏแ€ถแ€ธแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€žแ€ฑแ€ฌ Big Warning ๐Ÿšจ18+ Fic แ€แ€•แ€ฏแ€’แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€…แ€บแ€žแ€Šแ€บ แ‹