The Future Meets The Past //W...

By peerless2cucumber

i remember drinking my favorite coffee when a light surrounded me w-what is going on??? a/n : this story ta... More

CHAPTER-1
CHAPTER-2
CHAPTER-3
CHAPTER-4
CHAPTER- 5
CHAPTER-6
CHAPTER-7
CHAPTER-8
CHAPTER- 9
ANNOUNCEMENT
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER-11
CHAPTER-12
ANNOUNCEMENT
I NEED HELP
CHAPTER-13
CHAPTER-14
CHAPTER-15
CHAPTER-16
CHAPTER-17
CHAPTER-18
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER-19
CHAPTER-20
ANNOUNCEMENT
CHAPTER-21
CHAPTER-22
CHAPTER-23
CHAPTER-24
CHAPTER-25
CHAPTER-26
NOT AN UPDATE
CHAPTER-27
CHAPTER-28
CHAPTER-29
CHAPTER-30
CHAPTER-31
CHAPTER-32
CHAPTER-33
CHAPTER-35
CHAPTER-36
CHAPTER-37
CHAPTER-38
CHAPTER-39
CHAPTER-40
CHAPTER-41
ANNOUNCEMENT

CHAPTER-34

1.1K 68 36
By peerless2cucumber

AN: 

       WARNINGS : GRAB TISSUES 

-------------------------

"li xing , put your blood on the array " . li xing did whatever zewu zun said as yiling laozu drew the array 

the future was glowing in front of them 

li xing was walking aimlessly and stood behind a tree and looked at the rabbit field where hanguang jun was sitting and feeding the rabbits calmly . his hair were fully white and he had some wrinkles around his eyes which almost is never seen unless he smiles . she looked a moment and approached hanguang jun . "sect leader lan" she bowed behind him . lan wangji turned and looked at her in acknowledgement  . he nearly looked as pretty as he was in his youth . 

jingyi nearly cried when he saw hanguang jun in white hair . he looked like he was about to die any seconds from now . 

the other people did not know what to say . hanguang jun is old , which meant that their generation is coming to an end as well . they could not think to say anything but stay silent 

lan wangji stood up shakily on his two legs and li xing grabbed him by his wrists to steady him . she knew lan wangji hates skin contact but she cannot afford him to fall down and get injured in his old age. lan wangji hummed and she retracted her hands and walked on side by side silently accompanying lan wangji to jingshi . while she was walking she looked to her left where she saw lan disciple laughing and running next to each other like kids , she smiled silently . and then she looked to her left where lan wangji was walking , very slowly . she knew , she always knew that everyone would come to this stage at least at the end of their lifetime . and then she looked at the pond next to her , where she could see her own reflection . she herself , looked young as she was in her twenties like an young woman who could be married of on her own . 

half the disciples choked , they broke many rules!

but she was twice as old than her looks being frank . she was always afraid of getting old and she made sure she meditated regularly . but she had no idea how she looks almost twice as young as her own age . before she knew it they were at jingshi . she took a step forward and opened the door and bowed towards lan wangji who simply nodded before going inside . she never dared going inside jingshi on her own . she closed the door softly behind lan wangji and walked away . 

lan wangji shot a look towards li xing . all the girls he knew were either on love with him or wanted to marry him or either sleep with him . this is the first time he had seen a girl respect ihs privacy and he was thankful for that . 

the two wei wuxians did not like what they were watching . looking at old lan zhan made them both wince silently . 

she sighed and went to the cold cave and ended up in the meditating posture as she did in her free time . she was a senior . of course no one dared her to work for them . lan er furen was totally another case , wei wuxian was an empath , he always acted funny and made her do his works as the sect leader's wife . she could not help but mentally curse herself for falling in his small web of traps . but the two did enjoy talking to each other being friends . she remembered that awkward time when she made bracelets and ran towards lan wangji and wei wuxian and tied them on their wrists and showed her wrist which had the pretty same bracelet with a different color . wei wuxian laughed at her childish antics but made her and his husband a flower crown and put them on their heads when the two were reading the sect information on the large table on the opposite side to each other . she smiled before she went serious on her meditation . 

wen qing smiled , wei wuxian did find someone who can make him laugh for real besides her and his shijie . 

wei wuxian looked at her who immediately flustered at the eye contact . he smiled and bowed sitting on his seat . she did not know how to react and ended up bowing . she really became strong in the future . 

after who knows how long , li xing stood up from her meditation and freshened up herself in the cold waters and walked out to be met with silence . too silent . even the air did not seem to be blowing . she was worried sick and sped walked . she saw a large group of disciples standing in a circle . not a large group , but the entire people living in the lan clan was in the crowd , way too silent . she marched forward with nearly soft steps and pushed the crowd and walked to the front - she froze . 

'no- dont think of that , dont think of that, dont think of that, dont think of that!!!!' both wei wuxian had tears in their eyes .

in a open coffin , there laid lan wangji peacefully as if he was sleeping . his eyes closed , mouth sealed close , hands over his chest , everything looked fine except his big toes were tied together. his skin pale as his white dress . she looked at wei wuxian who knelt next to lan wangji's coffin with no real tears from his eyes . he looked like he lost the last string which held him sane in his entire life . his shoulders were all but stiff , he was looking at lan wangji's pale face with emotionless eyes . she could not help her tears falling down when she saw her two friends in this state .  

both wei yings ended up hugging lan zhan and hid themselves on their chest . lan xichen was crying silently , seeing his didi's death would be something he would not expect to see . all the weak minded people in the room cried , despite them never close to lan wangji - seeing his death wasnt something they would wish to see . 

"dad , mom! we are bac-" lan xiuying's face turned into horror standing in between her two bothers who shared the same face with her . 

"father!" the three ran and knelt next to their mother and mourned at the loss of their father . sizhui noticed wei wuxian and walked in all fours and hugged wei wuxian who sat like a rock , not even blinking . "mom respond! mom! xian gege! a-niang!" he shook wei wuxian many times grabbing his shoulders firmly to get wei wuxian blink a moment . when wei wuxian noticed his surroundings , a smile was plastered on his face as he said "a-yuan , you are back - how was your day?" . sizhui stayed silent . jingyi looked at his mother in horror . 

"wei xiong......." nie huaisang could not help but worry for his best fried who was sobbing hugging lan wangji . 

"a-xian , you-" jiang yanli[post war] could not help as she choked on her breathe when she saw wen qing patting yiling laozu on his head while hanguang jun patted his back whispering soft words . oh how much she wished she could do that . 

"i-i think we should give er furen some time on his own to mourn " li xing said as she pushed the lump formed on her throat . jingyi nodded and grabbed xiuying's shoulder and helped her to stand up . the younger was crying and hitting his chest . sizhui looked at his mother frozen . how can his own mother put up such a face when he...... . "gege" sizhui's train of thoughts came to an end when he saw his little sister in the arms of his younger brother . he stood up and walked next to his brother as the crowd in front of them walked to the entrance of the lan borders . 

sizhui , jingyi could not hold it up anymore , but expressing feelings were forbidden . but jin ling stood up and hugged the two tightly and whispered "let it all out okay , no one can see you both expressing your feelings when your faces were hidden " 

both jingyi and sizhui ended up crying hugging jin ling who could not help but shed his tears , he knew it how it feels to be parentless . 

everyone sat on the nearby rocks and silently mourned when the entire lan clan became a mass of red and black miasma of resentful energies . then came the unexpected but expected screams of a mourning person . they were heart wrenching to hear for . li xing knew wei wuxian was a master of masks and can pretend like nothing happened here . but hearing his true screams of loosing a loved one surely brought her to the past when he sat in front of the bloodied body of jiang yanli in jiang cheng's arms screaming in emotional pain which would be the most difficult for her friend wen qing the most powerful doctor in the entire wen clan to treat for . 

then she remembered wen qing wearing commoner's clothes sneaking up behind her silently in the back of burial mounds and begging for medical supplies . she surely looked pathetic at that time and she willingly gave up all the money she had for her best friend at the moment . 

"qingqing!" she called out to the dafan wen doctor who looked at her . "i- i wish to meet the yiling patriarch . a-am i allowed?" she shuttered knowing wen qing would not let her accompany her . 

but wen qing nodded , looking frail with no real energy , li xing grabbed wen qing by her shoulders and the two flew over li xing's sword and stood in front of the demon slaughtering cave . she looked around , every rumors about the yiling patriarch building an army were false . there was even a old lady with a three year old kid there!

jin zixuan[post war] looked down , how come he did not know this ? his father always said yiling patriarch's weapon- wait does it mean he wants it ? and why didnt he think of that possibility at the very first mention of yiling patriarch?

all the people from the future looked at the mistake they did , zewu zun looked down , was believing meng yao a right choice?

li xing followed wen qing who ran into the demon slaughtering cave to see a pale looking wei wuxian sitting unconscious leaning on the wall . she could tell , looking at his hands which were all bony with little skin over it . wen qing took in a deep breathe to calm her down before sitting next to wei wuxian grabbing the newly brought supplies to treat the poor man in front of her . her hands moved like a machine but ...

"qing jie , i am tired......." it was a mutter from the unconscious man but wei wuxian truly looked like he was too tired to even breathe another moment . wen qing had to bite back a sob and wipe her tears before going back to treating him . li xing stood frozen . 

when she was done , wen qing grabbed li xing's hands and dragged her all the way out . li xing could not think , her mind was too blank . "qing ........ i will tell sect leader lan to stop the jins " she said , but wen qing shook her head no "it is futile , but you should accept the future which befalls you , honestly i feel bad for wei wuxian myself . but he is determined on this." wen qing sighed . 

wen qing looked at the state she was in the future , she felt bad . no wonder wei wuxian did not let her go for an entire night . she glared at the jins . it seemed only jin zixuan is the only one who is reflecting on his mistake . 

everyone looked at the future , something surely has happened for them to hide their future , but looking at a just a piece of it surely brought all to look at lan wangji who had tears falling down unable to look at the future . 

li xing felt another presence and hid behind the bushes and wen qing saw the intruder who walked inside the protection barrier , she bowed to li xing who bowed back and walked towards the intruder . 

"lady wen" it was lan wangji who brought many needful items along with food in his quaikun pouch . he silently took it out and gave it to wen qing who had to get it at least for wei wuxian's concerning health . "thank you hanguang jun" she bowed . 

lan wangji looked at the demon slaughtering cave and looked at her . before he could open his mouth , there came a laugh from inside the cave . "wei ying" lan wangji said looking at the person in front of the cave . 

"lan zhan! nice to meet you ! how have you been these days?" wei wuxian laughed like nothing happened to him . it was such a contrast to li xing , who saw what happened before and now , just how can he do that? . she silently mounted on her sword and left giving the two their own privacy .  

hanguang jun was distraught at the reality , he never knew his wei ying suffered behind his back . "wei ying....." he muttered and looked at wen qing who looked like she could cry in moments .

everyone looked at the duality of wei wuxian . jiang cheng and yanli [both from gusu] wondered whether did he even feel at home in lotus pier . 

the jiang disciples made a mind note to check on their head disciple every time in the lotus pier taking turns . 

li xing walked towards hanshi with anger in her face , she knocked the door . but she truly wished to kick open the door and shout at sect leader lan for his misconduct . the door opened revealing lan xichen with a smile on his face . she walked inside and sat down not accepting the tea lan xichen offered . 

"is there something i could help you?" lan xichen asked

li xing's stomach churned , how can she tell it ? . she took in a breathe "sect leader lan , there is something i would like to tell , the yiling partiarch is not building an army to kill us" she said straight at his face , at his eyes

"huh? a-yao said he sent up a spy last week and the spy reported that yiling laozu's army is growing up like twice the amount during the day" lan xichen said unbelieving . 

she looked at lan xichen , sure the culprit is the jins , and it was jin guangyao and his whore of a father who did these baseless rumors . knowing it wont be any benefit to her , she stood up and left not bothering to bow nor close the door . 

both lan wangji glared at zewu zun[post war] . zewu zun shivered at his brothers

her mirage of thoughts came to an end when he heard the clinking of chains . she looked at wen ning who was titled as the ghost general looking at her . almost pitiful if she could say . looking at the miasma he did a quick bow to her and ran inside the barrier , the lan heirs following him in the behind , all the disciples started cleansing the resentful energy . li xing followed wen ning who was really fast . 

wen qing froze at her knowledge of her brother being a corpse , "wait that is the ghost general right?" jin ling said it out , he looked at his father . after all it was his father who died in the hands of wen ning . 

when she arrived at the scene , she saw wei wuxian hyperventilating . "young master wei !" wen ning said and carried him to yunshen which surprisingly not affected by resentful energy and began treating . 

--------------------------------------------------

AN:  

         HANGUANG JUN DIED IN HIS SLEEP IN THE ARMS OF WEI WUXIAN 

FOR THIS SAD CHAPTER , LETS HAVE SOME HAPPY THING

TBC 

2885 words 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 1.2K 16
After saving Wei Wuxian from NeverNight Lan Wangji take Wei Wuxian back to the burial mound. He set up a barrier so no one can get through. "Wei Yin...
187K 10.8K 39
[Completed] After being separated by morals, by death, and at last by duties, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji find themselves with an empty space in their...
63.1K 2.2K 19
What if Jiang fengmian come too late to pick up wei ying?? And our Wei ying is 10 years old who have live alone and have little to no love for the Ji...
27K 1.7K 20
Wei Wuxian arrived for guest lectures to the Cloud Recesses. However, Lan Wangji quickly notices, that there is something strange about the Yunmeng J...