UNTIL I MET U - AN ENDEARING...

Av YoursTellerofTales

In the bustling city of London, two young hearts beat with the rhythm of life. Adithya, a strikingly handsome... Mer

PROLOGUE
*WARNING*
Characters Info
Hell on my phone
I want Fun
Gold digger
Am I crazy?
Battle with Anger
Again Her
Who are you?
What The Hell?
Bombshell
The Meeting at Madras
Not a Home

A Toronto on London

75 2 0
Av YoursTellerofTales

ADITHYA'S POV

It was an early morning in the city of London, and the city was covered in a thick layer of clouds that seemed to be competing with the sun for dominance. A light rain was falling from the sky, leaving a faint sheen on the deserted streets of the British capital.

As I drove my favorite sports car down the road, a melodious love song wafted through the speakers of my car stereo, adding to the dreamy atmosphere of the moment. The cool breeze blowing in from the window only helped to enhance the romantic aura further.

But the situation, though seemingly romantic, was far from it.

A few minutes earlier, I had been rudely awakened by the incessant ringing of my phone. Groggily, I reached for it, realizing it was Ajay, my childhood friend, on the other end. He had a knack for bad timing.

"What do you want, Ajay?" I grumbled.

"Hey, Adithya, guess what? Your grandfather is arriving in London today!" he said with mischief dripping from his voice.

I bolted upright in bed, panic washing over me. How could I forget about Grandfather's visit from India? I had been so caught up in my own life lately. "You've got to be kidding me, Ajay!"

He chuckled. "Nope, and you better get ready. We're going to pick him up together."

I grumbled some more but begrudgingly agreed. Ajay had a way of irritating me into doing things.

Soon, we were both in my car, driving towards the airport. Ajay was excited, but I was a bundle of nerves. My grandfather was a stern man, not one for extravagant displays of affection. We reached the airport, and there he stood, patiently waiting. He looked just as I remembered him - dignified and imposing. A small smile appeared on his lips when he saw me.

"How are you, Adi?" My grandfather inquired, a warm smile creasing his weathered face.

"I'm fine, Grandpa. But please, don't call me Adi," I gently replied, while also inquiring about his health, eager to catch up. I didn't like it when someone called me "Adi" because my parents used to call me that. But when they died, "Adi" died with them. I was Adithya, a man who felt no emotions.

Ajay, ever the exuberant soul, couldn't contain his excitement and embraced Grandpa tightly. In response, Grandpa's gnarled hand found its way to Ajay's back, patting it affectionately.

During the car ride to my penthouse, Grandfather got straight to business. He was here to inspect the well-being of our family company, a business empire I had recently taken over. I braced myself for his disapproval, but surprisingly, he praised my efforts, though not excessively.

We went to my penthouse, freshened up, and had breakfast there. Grandfather asked about my whereabouts and behavior to Mrs.Ragini Rathore,My house keeper. She mentioned that I was too engrossed in work and neglected other aspects of life. Then we went to the head office of Anand Industries.

Once we arrived at the head office, we each retreated to our designated spaces. Grandfather went to his temporary office to review company documents. I, on the other hand, headed to my office chamber to catch up on my own work.

As I was engrossed in reviewing a file, Grandfather entered my chamber. He always had impeccable timing. Without preamble, he started dispensing advice about life and business. I nodded along, not wanting to disrespect him.

"Inspect the hotel construction."

"Yes."

"Remove clause seven from the contract."

"Yes."

"Don't skip your breakfast."

"Yes."

"Don't work too much. Take enough rest."

"Yes."

"You're going to get married, Adithya."

"Yes."

I blinked in surprise, my mind still focused on the document in my hand. Without really processing his words, I mindlessly replied.

Reality struck me like a ton of bricks. What had I just agreed to? I looked up, wide-eyed. "What the hell did I just say?"

The file in my hand slipped from my grasp, scattering its contents across the floor. Grandfather smirked, an enigmatic glint in his eye.

"Marry?" I exclaimed.

"Yes. You are going to marry Ahaana Krish, the only daughter of Karthik Krish." my grandfather replied.

"What the hell?" I yelled.

"Lower your voice, young man," my grandfather said sternly.

"Are you serious? How can I control my voice when you said such things?" I said, trying to contain my rage.

"I can, and I will," Grandpa said in an authoritative voice.

"How can you make decisions about my life? This is my personal matter," I said, struggling to control my simmering anger.

"No more discussions. You are going to marry Ahaana, and we are leaving for India to meet the Krish family," he said in a no-nonsense tone, then left the room.

I erupted in frustration, throwing everything on the table and breaking it. I tossed every file I could find.

How could he make such decisions without considering me? Why was he suddenly bringing up the topic of marriage? Countless questions flooded my mind.

As my anger began to subside, I sat down in my chair.

I needed to do something to stop this marriage.

I couldn't oppose Grandpa directly, but maybe she could. I can try to persuade her to stop the marriage. But how?

"What's the girl's name?"
.
.
Ahaana Krish.

A beautiful name.

Ahhh.....

Dr.Karthik Krish,Famous Neurologist is the owner and chairman of Krish Groups(KG) and Krish Medical Center and Hospital(KMCH).Karthik Krish was my father's close friend, and we had visited their home a few times when I was a kid. They were a traditional and influential family in India.

She must be a shy, homely Indian girl; that's why Grandpa was forcing me into this marriage. I contemplated various ways to influence or even threaten her to stop the wedding.

"Be ready for the storm, Ms. Krish," I thought to myself.

"Fourth time in this year," someone exclaimed.

It was none other than my so-called friend, Ajay.

Forget the storm. Now, I have to face Toronto.

1010 Words

Credits
Plot&Writing: Managing Editor,YTOT.
Publishing Partner:Wattpad.
Ownership:Yours Teller of Tales.

Special Thanks
Editor-in-chief, YTOT.
Ms.Suhana,Writer,YTOT.
Department of HR,YTOT.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

229K 14K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
41.6K 2.4K 20
Dive into the turbulent love story of Siddhant and Ishika-a tale marked by youthful passion, misunderstandings, and the weight of unspoken regrets. I...
168K 22.1K 33
22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married was never in her list, atleast not before...
37.8K 2.2K 54
Prithvi Raj Sooryavanshi was aware of many things in his life. His physical appearance of six four height, raspy voice, and the long scar across the...