What A Veela Wants

By SonOfMelbourne

Rhaegal Grindelawld is possibly the smartest wizard of his generation. With his exam records continually rais... More

Rhaegal Grindelwald's Diary of Familiar Faces
I. The Triwizard Welcome
II. A Top-Up and Champions Selected
III. Training and Confessions
IV. The First Task and In Memorium
V. Yule Ball
VI. On the Hunt for Clues... and other Things
VII. The Second Task
VIII. The Game Ahead

IX. The Third and Final Task

622 7 0
By SonOfMelbourne

You walk down to the Quidditch pitch, climbing the Ravenclaw tower that overlooks the pitch. You reach the top and look over the pitch - the maze growing in size from what it looks on the ground. Hearing the faint sounds of voices, you focus your attention on it - seeing blond, black and brown hair being guided by the drab voice of Barty Crouch Sr.

"...and if you need to withdraw from the task, shoot flares out of your wands, and Grindelwald up there," he said - pointing at the tower you were in," and he will contact one of the teachers stationed around the maze that will bring you out of the maze."

You wave down at the group, and the blonde-haired person waves back at you. You smile, knowing that Fleur has just about recovered from the Davies incident. Making your way down the tower, you're greeted by Fleur, who wraps you in a hug.

"You alright, mon amour?"

"I am. Zank you so much for what you did for me. J'aimerais encore une chose de votre part."

"Qu'est-ce que c'est?" You ask, and Fleur presses her lips against yours, her tongue slithering around your lips - tasting around your mouth.

"You taste so good, Rhae."

"I do my best for you, Fleur." Your mate flicks her hand against your chest and laughing.

"I have a present for you, Fleur. Meet me at the Astronomy Tower at dawn tomorrow, and you'll get it."

******

You wait at the top of the Astronomy Tower, watching the sun creep up behind the surrounding mountains like a nuclear explosion light years away.

"You wanted to zee me, mon amour?" You hear the French accent that you love so much, as a pair of arms snake around your chest.

"If you wanted to scare me, Fleur, you wouldn't have announced yourself in the manner that you did." 

"Vous vous faites vraiment passer pour un harceleur, n'est-ce pas ?"

"Si nous suivons cette voie, alors vous êtes le harceleur. Gabrielle m'espionnait, et tu ne peux pas le nier."

"How on Earth did you find out about that?"

"Your sister can't keep her mouth shut. I'm surprised you trusted her with spying on me. Spys have to be able to hide information, and seeing as your sister can' t keep her mouth shut, I found out pretty easily. Speaking of trusting, close your eyes, Fleur." Fleur closes her eyes, and once you are satisfied that Fleur cannot see what you are doing, you take a necklace out of your pocket and chain it around her neck.

"Okay, ma cherie. You can open your eyes."

"Oh!" Fleur gasps in surprise. "This is so beautiful. Zank you zo much for this."

"There's a reason I'm giving you this now, Fleur. I've predicted my death - and it's during the final task." Fleur looks at you, tears forming in her eyes.

"Es-tu sûr de l'avoir vu, mon amour ? Tu es certain que c'est ton destin, de mourir pendant la Troisième Tâche ?" She manages to mutter out, before the tears come spilling from her eyes. You wrap her in a hug.

"I'm certain, mon amour. That's why I wanted to spend tonight with you, Fleur."

Once apon a younger year,
When all our shadows disappeared,
The animals inside came out to play,
Went face to face with all our fears,
Learnt our lessons through the tears,
Made memories we knew would never fade.

One day, my father, he told me,
"Son, don't let it slip away",
He took me in his arms, I heard him say,
"When you get older,
Your wild heart will live for younger days,
Think of me if ever you're afraid"

He said, "One day, you'll leave this world behind,
So live a life you will remember",
My father told me when I was just a child,
"These are the nights that never die",
My father told me.

"When thunderclouds start pouring down,
Light a fire they can't put out,
Carve your name into those shining stars",
He said, "Go venture far beyond the shores,
Don't forsake this life of yours,
I'll guide you home no matter where you are"

One day, my father, he told me,
"Son, don't let it slip away",
When I was just a kid, I heard him say,
"When you get older,
Your wild heart will live for younger days,
Think of me if ever you're afraid"

He said, "One day, you'll leave this world behind,
So live a life you will remember",
My father told me when I was just a child,
"These are the nights that never die",
My father told me.

"These are the nights that never die"
My father told me.

*****

The Third Task has just concluded with a shocking finale. The Triwizard Cup in the centre of the  maze was in fact a Portkey, with both Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory being transported to God knows where, but with only Harry returning alive. 'Professor Moody' immediately stormed off with Harry, and you've given chase, catching up to them.

"Revelio!" You point your wand at 'Professor Moody', and his façade drops, revealing a short, brown-haired man, who's saliva frothed at the side of his mouth like a rabies-infected dog.

"Barty Crouch Jr. I should've presumed. No-one in the school could've pul off such a flawless disguise as you."

"Rhaeghal Grindelwald. The Dark Lord wants both you and Potter, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I gave you to him in a coffin."

A green spark flies out of Crouch Jr.'s wand, and you immediately throw the Bombarda spell back at him - resulting in a yellow epicentre supplied by red and green. You grit your teeth, and focus more of your energy pushing back against Crouch's spell, before the wand finally flies out of his hand. You smirk, and relax your grip on your wand, whilst Crouch looks at you with fury.

"Lesson one in a fight, never lose your composure."

"Lesson two in a fight, never gloat at your enemy. Avada Kedavra!" Crouch yells, and a green spark hits you square in the chest - sending you flying backwards, slamming you on the floor just metres away from the entourage of teachers - and Fleur - that chased after you and Crouch.

"Mon amour." Fleur yells out in anguish, dropping to her knees and cradeling you.

"Fleur." You croak out, your mate looking down to meet you in the eye. "Don't waste it..."

"Don't waste what, mon amour?"

"Don't waste your life."

*****

5 YEARS LATER

*****

Fleur Delacour enters the churchyard at Salisbury Cathedral, clad wholly in black against the white marble of the Catherdral, boquet in hand. She walks past row upon row of headstone, before coming to a half at a birch tree, with a plaque lain at the bottom of the tree. She wipes the tears from her eyes, remembering the good times she had, and countless other occasions, before placing the boquet to the side of the plaque. Taking a moment of respite, she drops to her knees and rests her head against the plaque, before standing up and leaving the churchyard, walking away from the person she once never dreamt of leaving:

Rhageal Grindelwald
1945-1994
Taken too soon from this world
Gone but not forgotten

A/N
This is the final chapter in this book. I want to thank everyone so much that has supported me in writing this book. All of you were instrumental in keeping me coming back and writing some more, even on days where all I felt like doing was curling up in a ball and crying for hours. Again, thank you all so much for reading this book, and supporting me through the production of this book.
SonOfMelbourne

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 45 8
Being called the heir of Slytherin wasn't easy for Harry. Many students harassed him while the teacher stood by doing nothing to help. After months o...
2.9K 137 95
deatheater! remus lupin If after being bitten, Remus Lupin had been taken by the uncaring and relentless Fenrir Greyback in the successful attempt to...
18.9K 503 44
May 23. 2021 - June 14. 2021 ~ I don't want any trouble just want to write, so if any mistakes are made or if certain credits aren't given that I may...
51.7K 1.4K 50
Kidnapped, separated, forced to save the world by condescending gods-Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson don't need any more immortals on their doorstep...