alone together {d.malfoy}

By sarcasticdm24

the wizarding world is at war. wizards and witches are in a battle for dark and light- for power. the world s... More

𝚑𝚒!
ᴛʜᴇ ꜰʀᴇɴᴄʜ ɢɪʀʟ
ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ
ʟɪʙʀᴀʀʏ ɴᴏᴛ-ᴅᴀᴛᴇ
ᴄᴏʟᴅ
ᴀ sᴛᴀɴᴅ sᴛɪʟʟ
ꜰɪʀᴇ
ʜᴀʀʀʏ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ
ᴀᴄǫᴜɪʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴅ

ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇʀᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴀᴜɴᴛ

68 3 0
By sarcasticdm24

𓆙
"So, what do you know about the spell 'Lumos Solem'?" Devon asked Draco, sitting opposite of him on his bed.

The two were in comfortable attire. It was about midday. Devon had promised the boy she would teach him some seventh-year curriculums.

"It's a spell that creates a blinding flash of sunlight," he answered only after a few seconds of consideration.

"Yes, you're correct. What magical plant is effected by this spell?" She continued to question Draco about the spell.

"Devil's Snare."

"You're practically a pro," Devon encouraged. "Will be ready for NEWT's before you even get back to school. Now, practice the charm."

"Here?" Draco immediately rebuttals, looking around at his large—but delicate— room.

"Yes, here, Draco. Where else?" Devon threw back just as sharp.

"Okay, okay, Ann. Geez," Draco muttered under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing. Okay, what do I do?" Draco picked up his wand, holding it in the air.

Devon moved his hand from pointing towards her and instantly blinding her. "Just point your wand and cast the enchantment. That easy. Accio dead plant," Devon conjured the plant from her bedroom. It appeared in her hand. She placed in on the hardwood floor in front of the bed. She waved her hand to it. "All yours."

Draco proceeded to hold his wand aimed at the dead plant, pronouncing the spell, "Lumos Solem."

A flash of white sunlight lit the room momentarily before dying out, revealing the plant that was slowly reviving itself.

"You're an awful plant care-taker," Draco teased, eyeing the plant he just brought back to life.

"Tais-toi, Malfoy." Devon glared playfully at him. She stood back up, taking the plant in her hands and placing it on the nearby dresser.
Translation: Shut up

"What else?" Draco pushed eagerly, ready to learn more.

"We've been at this for hours, and for the most part, you have everything down. Smart cookie."

"I was second in my class. Hermione Granger was top of the class, of course." Draco squinted his eyes at the mention of the name.

"Who's Hermione Granger?"

"One of Harry Potter's best friends. You've probably met her on one of your missions. She's always hanging around that Weasley kid. I think they're dating."

"Draco, the gossiper," Devon teased, starting towards his bedroom door.

"Am not! Where are you going?" Draco stood up from the bed, following her instantly and without hesitation.

"Down to the kitchens for a drink. Coming along? Never mind, of course, you are," Devon stated knowingly.

"What kind of drink? If you want something strong, redirect from the kitchens to my father's office." Draco took the lead, starting the two down the stairs.

"You know me so well," she remarked sarcastically.

The two, after a long walk, finally arrived in Lucius' office. Upon entry, Devon's eyes scanned for anyone in the room. When she found no one, she confidently strutted inside, and sat down in the big chair. Draco made a beeline for a small cabinet, as if knowing exactly where he was going.

"Been here before, Draco?" Devon teased, raising her eyebrows. She lifted her legs on to the table, crossing them over each other.

Draco looked up from his place crouched on the floor. "You know me, Ann." He smirked deviously. He opened the cabinet, taking out a bottle of witch's brew. He uncorked the bottle, taking a long swig of the alcoholic beverage. He handed the bottle to Devon, seeming unaffected by the drink.

Devon had an impressed—and slightly surprised—look on her face.

She took the bottle from him, taking just as long of a sip.

"You know, technically we don't have to sneak around. We're both of age." Devon took another sip before putting the bottle on the desk her feet rested upon.

Draco looked down at her legs, rolling his eyes. He searched for another chair, but found none. He pushed her legs off the desk, gesturing for her to move. She raised her eyebrows. The two were silent in this exchange. He rolled his eyes dramatically, as she didn't understand what he was trying to silently say. Draco put two hands under her arms, lifting her up effortlessly to put her on top of the desk. Devon had wide eyes and a flustered expression. Draco raised his eyebrows again to ask her to object.

She did no such thing.

Draco sat down in his father's chair, leaning back in the furniture. He took the bottle from beside Devon, taking a long drink. He extended it to her.

She took it, putting it beside her instead of taking a sip.

"So," he started off. That caught her attention. She became attentive, crossing her legs to get more comfortable and to have more coverage with her dark green, pencil skirt. Draco insisted on the color.

"So?" Devon encouraged. She took a sip from the bottle.

"How much longer do you believe this war will continue?"

"Well, with the way things are looking, a little while longer. I mean, the boy the Dark Lord is trying to kill has disappeared. There hasn't been a sighting of him since the Ministry incident. But after our Lord finds him, it won't be long." To this, Devon took a longer swig.

A few more long, peaceful hours later, Devon decided she needed to get up and move.

"Where are you going, now?" Draco inquired as she hopped down from the desk. He watched as her figure moved towards the door.

"Need to go for a walk," was her simple answer.

"Would you like me to accompany you?" He questioned, words slightly slurred. He made no motion to leave his chair.

"No, that's fine. Stay here for a while, enjoy yourself. Don't get yourself in trouble, Draco." She opened the door, ready to close it when she received his reply.

"You, too, Ann."

She giggled softly at his lopsided grin. Devon closed the door quietly, beginning to walk back the way she came.

When she got to the main hallway, she wrapped her hands behind her back as she started her slow stroll around the mansion.

"LaBlanc," a voice cooed from the shadows. Devon paused her footing, looking around her hesitantly.

Slowly, a witch creeped from the shadows of the hallway, a sadistic smile showing off her rotten teeth.

"Lestrange," Devon greeted professionally. Bellatrix giggled menacingly. "What are you doing?"

"Just want to have a chat, dearie," Bellatrix stated innocently. She started to walk, gesturing with her head for Devon to follow.

She did.

"Chat about what?" Devon inquired, keeping her gaze firmly on the crazed witch. She really was unpredictable.

"I was just wondering," Bellatrix pondered out loud. She stopped in her tracks, pulling Devon to a halt as well. "How'd you do it? How'd you win the Dark Lord's approval?" The witch interrogated desperately.

"That's what all this is about? Really, Bellatrix?" Devon scoffed. "It was as he said before. I killed Moody."

"Yes, but I killed Sirius Black. I did! His own cousin!"

The French witch turned around, ready to walk off. But, Bellatrix stopped her. The raven-haired female rushed Devon up against the wall, holding her wand tightly aimed at Devon's neck.

Devon made a feral noise as she pushed Bellatrix forcefully off of her, aiming her own wand at Bellatrix.

"Don't start something you can't end, Lestrange." Devon held firm and still for one more moment before turning away fiercely, marching off to her room.

On her way, she passed by a stumbling white-haired wizard. "Ann?" Noticing her furious state, he sobered up quickly, matching her quick pace to check on her. "Ann, what happened?"

"Your aunt is a psycho," Devon snipped.

"What'd she do?"

Devon didn't answer, continuing to her room.

"No, don't shut me out, Ann. Come on, that was our deal. We talk." He grabbed her arm, pulling her to halt. Devon glared at him, shoving off his grip. She stayed staring at him for a while before she let out a long, heated breath.

"We just had a very short chat, is all. Which ended with her threatening me with a wand to my neck. Nothing too harsh. Now, may I please continue on to my room?"

After staring at her for a minute, wordlessly, Draco nodded softly. She turned around forcefully, determinedly marching up the stairs to her room.

It wasn't long before Draco followed after her.

When he entered her room after a short knock, he found her leaning against the bed, on the floor.

Draco cautiously approached her, sitting down beside her. He pulled his knees up, holding his arms around his spread legs and connecting his fidgeting hands together to hold his legs in place.

"I came here for some quiet-"

"I know," Draco whispered gently. It stayed silent after that. The two just sitting next to each other on the floor in silence.

—•—
- J.S.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207 0 47
After not feeling like she belongs in her current reality Laura shifts to Hogwarts. She has no idea what is waiting for her as she goes into fifth ye...
681K 15K 36
The Wizarding War is over. Voldemort is dead. The Wizarding World is now peaceful. Wizards and Witches are still reminiscing about the past. Hermion...
18.4K 856 43
The second Wizarding War has come to an end - Voldemort is dead, along with many others. The war took everything from Alexis Newhart. Her family is d...