stuck in the present ❥ reade...

By rexderali

Two boys from different years, 1985 and 2040. Mysteriously went further and back in the year 2022, you guide... More

CHARACTERS (PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE ENJOYING THE STORY SO FAR!)
CHAPTER 1 : Feel Freedom.
CHAPTER 2 : When I Met You.
CHAPTER 3 : Go Back.
CHAPTER 4 : They Became Friends.
CHAPTER 5 : Time Is Ticking.
CHAPTER 7: Friends Forever.

CHAPTER 6 : Where'd All The Times Go.

32 1 0
By rexderali

Ashley's POV
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

Hey, Dad! Any luck on your invention that you have been working on?
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
As you can see, my Dad is a scientist and inventor, he has been working on this big project that somehow could "change the world"?? That's what he said about it. But i believe him, since he is my Dad after all. I am proud of him. I am sure it would be a success, i mean, most of his inventions turned out to work. I may not be smart as my Dad nor not like my Dad. I am quite the opposite, I do painting and sketching. It's a thing i do that i am great at it. Although, sometimes Dad, I wouldn't say "forced" but he just want help from me, even though I suck at it.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Not yet, honey! I’m getting there, you know? Goodness, almost feel like I am losing hope.
ㅤㅤ

Dad. Don't give up. Plus, it's looking great. Hopefully this will literally change the world just like you said.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
I looked at Dad, giving him a hug, because he needed it. He works hard, and absolutely needs support and love. But, since I am the only one by his side, I can do it. Times like this, only get once, because, since he is busy almost all time, he would ignore me. Not have time for me. Usually when we do that, our time together is like minutes, then not talk. I wanna talk to him, but I feel like i am disturbing his creation. And I am not that type of person. I let him be.
ㅤㅤ

Years ago, before my Mom died, he was happy. With her. Then, that's the time when I was born, things went down hill for us, Dad didn't care about his family anymore and decided to persue his career of becoming a scientist and inventor, because he didn't want his skills and talent to hide from the darkness, so, he went to the light, but, he knew that there will be consequences when he went to the light. He lost his one and only family he had, since I am only child, he also lost his only daughter he had. He almost feel like he doesn't care about me after Mom died, and he said he blames himself on why she died which obviously it's not his fault.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
I'm going out, just go get some supplies! I'll be back before midnight, alright?? Bye!
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
There he goes. Off to doing something probably crazy. I know he is lying cause usually he will be back until 2 AM or some sort, going out with his friends, drinking, talking about some stuff. Yep. Been like this, but get used to it anyways.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

*SWITCHES TO HENRY'S POV*

The usual, Mr. Gregory?

Of course, Ted. You know me, I come here all the time.

How's going with you and your daughter recently?

Well, uhm Ted. We don't talk about that, man. Sorry.

ㅤㅤ

Life. Taking care of my precious Ashley was a challenge for me. I am a scientist, inventor, and father. I cannot be that all at once! But, the most important role in this, to be a father, deeply inside, she needs me, every kid needs to have a parent or guardian by their side. And i am not good at that lately... I got so caught up  with building this masterpiece that would change the world but, I don't  know. I am scared of talking about my daughter because I don't want them to know that I have been a bad father to her, and she is the only daughter that I have. I mean she's all grown up now, I guess she can take care of herself.

I am praying, that this invention that I have been working on, would make her proud. Of course, she would! Tough decision for me is to choose that invention, or my daughter. I always knew in life back years ago, I wasn't ready to be a father. Neither is my wife Quinn either to be a mother.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Hello, sir! Funny seeing you here, I mean like, you always come here all the time. Silly me!” (with a little bit of stuttering in the sentence)
ㅤㅤ

“Victor?? Why are you here? Ugh, I told you not to follow me, you know that right? Just because you are my assistant doesn't mean you have to follow me everywhere I go, plus, after this, I am gonna get more resources to get that invention shit of mine done, hopefully by this year.”
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
There he is. Victor. Victor Bateman. My assistant slash munchkin, I call him that because he looks like one. I found him on the streets 3 months ago, sitting in a bench, looking lonely, so that's why he is here. He is a special boy I gotta say. He has some stuttering problems but I helped him control it a little.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
I-I'm sorry Mr. Gregory! My bad.. I f-followed you here thought y-you could use some h-help from m-me.
ㅤㅤ

It's totally fine, Vick. Come on, son. Let's go home, shall we?
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Vick, Me, and Ashley practically live together. You wonder, where are his parents? Well. Fucked up parents abandoned him in the streets, like literally kicked him out of the house. 4 months ago, I let him in the house, now he is my assistant. Not until 3 months later, I've decided to adopt him. I shall say I am taking care of two kids now. I still call him as my assistant though. He helped me out with bunch of stuff with the invention I'm working on. You know it's hard to get thingy working and done when you have been working on it for at least 3 years now! Had some breaks I guess... That doesn't matter anyway! Hopefully, by this year, I can finish with him.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Back already? Usually you come home at 12? Is there something wrong?
ㅤㅤ

It’s nothing sweetie. I am just really tired right now so I gotta go to sleep! I'll start tomorrow to look for some supplies.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
The next day came, now focused on getting this done. I've decided to, take out the kids for lunch, it's like early lunch. You know, I was thinking of making time for my daughter, and Vick too. Lately, I have been a bad father to them, and I have seen Ash struggling everyday, when she looks at me, looks like she really lost her only father, she lost me. And I am trying to make it better, I've been so obsessed with making this machine for years. Maybe that's the reason. I don't want her to be it that way. I don't want her to grow up without her only for by her side supporting her.
ㅤㅤ
ㅤㅤ
So, kids? Do you enjoy the food? Look, I am trying to be better as I can especially you, Ash. Let me make it up to you. Let me be a better Dad that I wasn't years ago.
ㅤㅤ

Well, news flash Dad. You will never be a good father! Never ever! You have been so caught up and so obsessed with this invention that you couldn't even have time for your own daughter! Nor even little Vicky that you adopted a month ago! I know you considered him as your assistant, but for goodness sake, he is your son too! What happened to you?! You are not the fun, sweetest, and kind Dad i knew 4 years ago. Maybe, considered give up and retire.” (walks away)
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

*1 hour later*
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

I am sorry you had to saw that, son. You are my son, too. She just... Had a rough childhood and I haven't been there for her.
ㅤㅤ

It's okay, sir. M-maybe, just be t-there for her, she just m-misses you. I mean, i miss my p-parents too.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

Narrator: Hey! The author of this story decided to add a narrator, so that's why I am here! Hope I didn't scare you with my voice! You can call me, N. Of course, I am a male, by the voice. Anyways, as I was saying.

Narrator: The two go for a little walk to city, they talked about some stuff about their life, to get to know more each other. It's true what Mr. Gregory said about wanting to be a better father for her daughter. Ashley has been traumatized for years by her father, still think about till this day hurts for her. After a couple of minutes walking around the city, they spotted somewhat a big structure that is covered in several leaves and things that are from the forest, they curiosity peak and decided to go take a look.
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
B-be careful, sir! It c-could be a trap! Please d-don't die!
ㅤㅤ

Oh Vick. I am not gonna get hurt or anything, i have a daughter, to watch her grow and be successful in the future, I can't die yet, come on.
ㅤㅤ

Come here, help me get rid of this stuff! Could be something valuable! Like could cost a lot of money! I can pay for Ash's college maybe.”
ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ
Narrator: As the two get rid of the leaves covering this anonymous big structure, they found out to be a spaceship. Most preferably, a jet actually. They take a look around the jet, analyzing every bit of it. Mr. Gregory wonder if this could worth a lot of money? Or? Maybe take down some parts of the jet for the invention that he has been working? As you guessed it, he goes for option 2. Although, what it seems to be like the both of them are getting tired, they have decided to go home, try tomorrow. Until.. Thomas spotted the man and the boy, heard what Mr. Gregory said about breaking pieces of the jet for his invention, he thought that he might be in trouble. Real big trouble that two people found out about the jet that he covered up in the woods.

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

ㅤㅤ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 678 32
You live in the modern world when you find a mysterious boy. Could this boy be from the future? You help Astro to find a way back to his time while a...
58 22 22
In California in 2024 after five years of work 19 year year-old history genius and quantum physics student Ricardo "Richie" Rodriguez finally finishe...
172 9 9
You stop aging at eighteen and the new currency is time. Skyler Jones and Hunter Thompson are best friends since they where little. They live togethe...
73 0 8
People had invented the Time Machine but the whole planet was on the brink of destruction and they didn't have the technology to go to another plane...